July 23, 2014 | 2155 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Hope in a Jar - for all skin types

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2004 2:28:00 AM More reviews by theunblonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So it smells a little funny. That just means they're not adding any fragrance to possibly irritate skin, just to make it smell more pleasant! This silky-smooth, excellent moisturizer is my holy grail. I have rosacea, and it doesn't irritate-- but it makes my dry spots soft, and my oily spots don't get oilier. I mix this with Hope and a Prayer, and I'll never go back to my previous products.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2004 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Imanaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I happen to really like Hope in aJar and my sister swears by it...great for sensitive skin, and I dont find the smell repulsive at all...I tend to stay away from sweet, overperfumed smells and this just smells clean to me..no perfumes added

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2004 2:01:00 PM More reviews by zerodatura

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this moisturizer. I have noticed a decrease in fine lines and my skin tone is rosy and bright, just as the product promises. My little forehead wrinkles used to be really noticable, but now you can barely see them. I especially like how quickly the cream is absorbed into my skin...it leaves it completely soft without feeling heavy or greasy. I am on my second jar, so obviously I would purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2004 6:30:00 AM More reviews by SkyCandyGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this product because a friend of mine w/ beautiful skin recommended it. I love the way it works! It's light and smooth. My skin is soft and bright and looks so much better . . .but I also noticed the not so pleasant smell . . .especially when you put it on then blow dry your hair! The heat from the dryer makes it even worse. Oh well, the product works so wonderfully, I've decided to get used to the smell of it and I won't use anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2004 9:02:00 PM More reviews by maltomeel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this cream. I am a Darphin junkie but just didn't have the funds post-holiday...so i ordred this from QVC, knowing the return policy is excellent. Well, I love it. I agree that the smell is odd, although not offensive....reminds me of how my hair smells the first few days after a professional colouring....an underlying plastic-y odor. For $35 for a generous 2 oz. I can't complain. This cream works and leaves my skin feeling smooth and "elastic". I've saved myself $100!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2004 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Blueness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff smelled like pee! I cant believe I actually went thru the whole sample package- I used it day and night for 3 days and I'm still trying to get my face to forgive me. I have combi/oily skin but suddenly my cheeks and mouth area are parched and my undereyes are dry and flakey and they look WRINKLY- and that is *never* ok. Sure, no breakouts, but at the cost of ugly skin? I'm praying to the Estee Lauder Perfectionist god to make it all go away- it took only 6 uses to ruin years of work; hopefully it wont take that long to repair it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2004 9:20:00 PM More reviews by cclark02

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this last month and I have to say that I am turning into a Philosophy girl. I love this moisturizer! I am in my mid-thirties and have oily skin (less oily in the winter) and find that this product does not leave me feeling greasy with this at all. I have had no breakouts and I love the texture of this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2004 4:44:00 PM More reviews by JohannaFi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know Iīm not the first - or the last - one to say that the smell of this product is strange; once a friend of mine politely asked if I hadnīt had a shower for a couple of days =) The smell is not the only thing I find odd in this cream; for some reason, on my skin, this product sort of melts, so that it feels almost liquid. Donīt know if thatīs supposed to happen, but it feels strange until it soaks in. Not sure if Iīd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2004 6:14:00 PM More reviews by chelsear

It's unfortunate so many people have dismissed this product based entirely on the smell. It does smell a little odd - lavender and ozone, almost - but that is more than made up for by how it performs. My combo skin looks brighter, less red, more even, has no flakes, and is less oily since I started using this. Get past the smell and try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2003 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Kristie999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't really notice a smell like everyone says. It has a nice whipped feeling on my skin. It is a great moisturizer and does the job. I've gotten 2 half size samples from ordering stuff from Sephora. I will probably buy the full size when I run out. Update: Have been using this for a few weeks now and I really like it. It may be me, but I think my skin is looking better and better! This may be my HG Moisturizer.UPDATE:
I still like this, but I have to say that it DOES smell like a wet dog. I can only use this during the day with makeup because the smell is icky. I do still love the texture and the overall affect it has on my skin. I will buy again.