Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 11/20/2009 2:05:00 PM

Bought the regular one, not the water proof formula. I wish I bought the waterproof one, though. This one smudges and if I'm not careful I weat bits of it on my cheeks in no time.
Otherwise it is great, you can either use one layer, looking as if your lashes would be dark and defined naturally, or several layers for more drama.
The tube is fun, in the banana yellow coat, but looks sort of cheap.

on 11/20/2009 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

When I wear this product my lashes are so full , long, and voluminous that they look like I am wearing falsies! I bought the waterproof version of this mascara in a two pack at Target for something like 7$. It was the best 7$ I've ever spent.

My only gripe with this Mascara is that I hate the wand. It makes application a bit sloppy if you have shorter, dense, and/or curly lashes (like i do). I would suggest using a lash comb with this mascara.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

WOW. I LOVE this mascara. I got it in brown black by mistake, since I usually get black or blackest black, but I love the natural look it gives. But it really lengthens and thickens my eyelashes and I just, WOW recommend it!

on 11/19/2009 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to love this mascara but it sucked! Everyone else who said it has a weird smell was right!! No other mascara smells as bad as this. Some people on here said it was too wet but I found mine to be too dry. I'm glad I only paid $4 for it.I much rather prefer Maybelline turbo boost mascara. That is my fav mascara. Like all other mascaras, this may work for some people but not for others.
**Update** Well, I gave this another shot, I added a tiny bit of water to it because I thought it was too dry last time. That seemed to have made it better. I guess it's not too bad of a mascara. It does lengthen and add volume to my lashes. I still won't be repurchasing this because the smell is AWFUL. It really does stink. I definitely prefer the turbo boost mascara over this one.

on 11/19/2009 2:41:00 AM

it created good volume but it was kind of messy if you know what i mean! i am asian so my lashes point down and this product didn't keep the curls very well! and very weird smell but i got over it pretty fast!

on 11/19/2009 1:10:00 AM

This mascara worked well to create volume, however the product has a weird smell that stayed around for a while. It reminded me of a beer/yeasty smell. If you can get around the smell, this mascara is awesome for getting full, thick lashes. However, the smell was to distracting for me.

Not crazy about this mascara. I am a mascara whore though admittedly. I never buy the same kind twice. That said this is definitely not getting a second look. I HATE the smell of this stuff. And it doesn't go away. I can smell it long after application. It was also way to clumpy at first I had to let it dry out a bit before I could get a decent coat that wasn't a spidery clumpy mess. I can get past some of those things but what sealed it for me was the fact that it flakes terribly on me. I have to check my face four or five times a day minimum to keep from people stopping me to tell me I have something on my face.

Update: I don't think I even made it to the three month mark. This flakes so bad I have to throw it out. Horrible, will not repurchase. Still can't get over the terrible smell.

on 11/15/2009 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this cause I was short on cash and it was cheaper then Lash Blast, and I was with my friend who said she thought it worked much better. In my opinion it doesn't even compare. It seemed to flake off after and hour, it gave me great lashes when I first applied it, but thats it.

on 11/14/2009 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara, on how it makes your lashes huge so fast, and it doesn't clump much. the only thing that wasn't very pleasant is the smell. it smells like a whole bunch of different perfumes mixed together. ewhie. but you get used to it after awhile.

this mascara was alright...it was way too wet and smelly when i first got it. the bottle was cute, but I wasn't very impressed by it with it's first few uses. Yes, I know the mascara rule..Don't judge by the first run. I gave it a chance, but it just fell to the depths of my makeup collections. Fast forward to a few months later, I was cleaning out my makeup, and came across the mascara. I know I should've binned it, but I tried it. It was a lot better, but still just okay. This is a good basic mascara...I guess..I wouldn't really reccomend it. Despite another reviewer not liking lashblast, I prefered the orange lashblast to any other drugstore mascara.