April 24, 2014 | 1936 users online

Treatments - SKII - Facial Treatment Essence

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2011 8:57:00 AM More reviews by baileylab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Update: Aug 11, 2011

I can't wait until my La Mer line gets used up so i'm using them as body cream (totally did nothing to my skin) and now i'm back to SKII!

This toner is great! a must use with the skin signature.

at first i used the skin signature without this toner then when i decided to use it what a huge difference it made! my reddish face diminished & i no longer wear liquid foundation and can do with just powder foundation (laura mercier #2).

I'm now using la mer products (eye concentrate, oil cleanser, toner, gel & cream) and regretted using them. I'll be going back to SKII after i finish those.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by LittleAsia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a 30ml free sample for a promotion from Marie Claire magazine. Winter came, and although I never had a problem with pimples, I had breakouts (in my opinion breakouts. More like tiny lumps with no white heads). I also broke out in a rash on the left side of my face which has always been sensitive. I believe it was from using a Covergirl Clean Skin liquid foundation.

So I was excited to try something which I normally wouldn't purchase. I've only been using it for four days now, but I'm already seeing results. My skin is brighter, fresher looking and less irritated looking. I will be purchasing this again, even with the massive price tag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by tututran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was really surprised about how poorly rated this product is on MUA. And especially by some acne-prone skinned users... Honestly, this was a life saver from when I had really bad breakouts.

Just a little background on my skin.. I have really dry and sensitive skin.. it's not as dry anymore after using this product. It really made my skin less dehydrated (it got rid of the dehydration lines around my nose and mouth) and evened our the texture of my skin and made it super smooth.

This product was apart of a routine that was given to me by one of my best friends, and I honest can't thank her enough. Before I had a chat with her, I was really upset for 1 and a half to 2 years.. because my skin was constantly breaking out with really bad acne, that was deep in my skin.. I had tried so many products and none of them really worked. I was so depressed and never wanted to go out. But after 3 months of that skin care routine, my skin had stopped breaking out completely. I was so amazed.

Although this product is expensive, I can really see why it's SK-II's #1 selling product, and why it makes SK-II Japan's best skincare brand at the moment. :) I would buy it again and again, even if it makes me really poor haha

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 12:09:00 AM More reviews by 3sludge

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am 70. I fell for Cate Blanchett's ad, and I'm so glad. Initially, I just loved that after splashing on a bit in the morning I no longer looked 87. I really need not to look 87 in the morning, but after a few weeks of using it, I find I rarely look more than 80. I added some SK-II Skin Signature creme and started to look well under 80. Many people now claim that I cannot be more than 50. I don't fight with them. I've added other SK-II products and plan never again to be without this substance. Have needed increasingly less exfoliant. It has become impossible to tell that I once had really awful acne. My eyelids have stopped asking for surgery. Hope my neck hears the word, My hands are no longer scary. Thanks, Cate. holdav3@juno.com

17 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by shortsmallsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I started using this because my mum had got it in the smallest size and she encouraged me to use it, saying it could help my scars fade faster. The 1st time it made my skin feel dry and a little flaky, but the next day I realised that it actually helped heal this small pimple that I had on my forehead. Subsequent uses showed that my skin's become clearer, brighter, and pores are smaller. I use this on alternate days because of the price tag, and also my skin gets used to a (good) product quickly if I use it too often.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 2:49:00 AM More reviews by blissliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i tried FTE 2 yrs back and theres nuthing much to gloat about. However, decided to give it a try again since i really wan to get sumthing out of this so-called miracle water. My skincare routine was abundance at first. Biotherm aquasource toner- SKII FTE-lancome genifique-clarins whitening essence-biotherm aqua source moisturiser-lancome spot eraser. Thats a whole lot of stuff. I did not see any significant results from the addition of FTE. Until 1 day, i decided to use just SKII FTE before my clarins whitening essence. The next morning, my face was glowing bright. So now i understand e effectiveness of SKII FTE. It has to b used on its own plus another essence or moisturiser overlayer to do its job. Success!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by voodoomilk

I think this stuff is amazing! It's one of the few skincare products I've used over the past 2-3 years (when I first started getting serious abt these things) that shows an immediate effect on your skin.

But let's get some stuff out of the way first - I do not have sensitive or acne/breakout-prone skin, so I can't say that this doesn't cause breakouts or red blotches. I don't have serious wrinkles so I can't say that this is a good anti-aging product as well.

OK. Now the good stuff. My skin really honestly looks more translucent after patting this on with my hands. I don't think it's done much for my pigmentation/discolouration, but on areas where there aren't any spots or pigmentation, you really can see right through your skin! if that makes any sense at all. I use this in the morning and at night. Just applying serum and moisturiser after (I use Clarins) gives my skin a dewy sheen which I like so much more than a matte finish; I skip foundation/powder altogether! I'd recommend this to anybody with normal skin.

The only think I hate abt this is the smell. It smells like drool, but it goes away quickly enough, and for the effect, drool's fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by comet27

After reading reviews from all the 'lucky' faittful user from here,i was convinced to give this a try.Earlier my skin was in terrible condition were i breakouts almost non-stop.Forehead and T-zone were in acne-war.

After using FTE for about 3 months,everything cleared up...now the good news is that i have regained back my once cleared face with just a few pimples occasionally.Complexion has brighten up and pores got smaller.

HOWEVER,on the 4 month is when the HORRIBLE finally arrives ! first,i notice my left cheek with tiny flaky spot.And so i ignored thinking it could be my sunscreen?So i stopped the sunscreen for the meantime while monitoring my skin.After few days, i got another flaky spot on my right cheek T_T .Still i didn't suspect the good ol' miracle water .Then,a week after my forehead breakout again to the state before using FTE. Yes,back to square one.

This time i;m pretty confirmed that FTE is the culprit to all the mess on my face.Now i have bumpy skin all over and whole new bunch of zits on face ~ gosh ! i'm throwing this thing away !!!!!

i'm the very few unlucky user here ! Your turn.Try your bet but don't say i didn't warn you ... ...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by stephcotton1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started off with a trial size bottle. It made my skin go quite red and blotchy but I figured that was the Pitera coming into contact with my skin for the first time. This stopped after about a week so I bought the full size (strawberrynet - why would anyone, at least in Australia, ever pay full price??). This product is ok.. I don't apply it like they say to. I find that for the price it just wastes too much, so I tip a small amount into my palms and pat onto face. I also use the treatment masks once every week or so and there is fluid left in the packet so I also use this on my face through the week. I find that the masks have made more of a difference than the essence. They work out to be about the same price (ie. $200 every 6 months) so will probably just stick with the masks since there's enough fluid left over for 2 applications a day for the following week.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by aiviyuki

I've been using this for a almost 2 years. I noticed the difference from the 1st week. I experience less breakouts (before my periods). Even if I have 1 or 2 pimples, it heals 2 days faster than when I'm not using it. Another difference is that my skin is not as oily in the t-zone area as it use to be.

I did an experiement on not using the essence for a week, the t-zone area started to produce excessive oil again.