Cover Girl Lash Blast

3.7

Waterproof: Petroleum Distillates, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Trihydroxystearin, Propylene Carbonate, Pentaerythrityl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Tall Oil Glycerides, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Talc. Non-Waterproof: Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG product. I've been using it for years, and every now and then will try a different mascara just to see if I'm missing out on anything. Nope, this is THE mascara.
I use it every day, sometimes twice a day and a tube lasts me about 6 months, I actually prefer it after a month or so when it dries out a tiny bit - gives me more dramatic lashes. It's a great texture, the brush is perfect and it definitely separates and lengthens. I have pretty average lashes and I usually just slap on one coat in the morning, it hardly smudges, is easy to apply, and is easy to wash off.
To make it look really dramatic and like I've got falsies on I do need to curl my lashes and apply several coats, but I only do that on New Years Eve because honestly who has the time.
All in all it's a great mascara for a great price, I have yet to find anything better.

Great mascara! Leaves my lashes super black, long and thick and it has a great price. The only thing i can complain is that Cover girl is not available in Europe so have to buy it online.

on 9/7/2013 3:53:00 PM

This is my favorite drugstore mascara at the moment. It gives me great volume and thickening while still looking natural. It literally fans out my lashes. It doesn't clump. It wears well and doesn't smudge or flake (!). Another huge plus for me is that it is EASY TO TAKE OFF. I also use Maybelline Falsies (purple tube), which is a huge pain to remove compared to this.

This is a dry formula but not so dry that it barely does anything. Holds a curl well. The only thing I don't like is I'm not a fan of the synthetic brushes that are everywhere now, they can be hard to work with and I prefer old-fashioned bristle brushes. This brush is also pretty large so you can't get to the inner lashes and define them in a precise way, it's more of a general one-swipe, thickening type thing. The tube is also weirdly shaped (angular) which can be annoying when using, but that is minor.

on 9/1/2013 5:02:00 PM

This is a pleasantly surprising mascara. The wand is fantastic - the bristles aren't long and spikey like They're Real by Benefit - they're small and spiky which makes it easy to brush through clumps. It also coats every single lash which is great too and the formula's not too dry, not too wet - it's really easy to build up a lot of volume. I usually wear 2 coats of this then 2 coats of Loreal Telescopic Carbon Black on top to give my eyes crazy length and volume.

on 8/24/2013 6:27:00 PM

I loved this mascara so much at first, the amount of volume you can get without any clumps was beautiful!
But after a little while I noticed everyday I would get raccoon eyes like you would not believe.

If it wasn't for that I would have never bought anything else :(

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Didn't believe the hype of this product! But got it at big lots for $3.50 and love it!

on 8/21/2013 11:49:00 AM

Works well on my lashes which are long but lack curl and volume. Holds curl OK but the volume is great. Knocked off a lippie due to the formula making my flashes feel crunch and not holding curl for long.

on 8/20/2013 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

So natural finish

on 8/18/2013 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is the only mascara that I use. I really love this type of brush. I love it so much that I even take another mascara and rub it on the brush. It sounds ridiculous, that's just how I do it.

I liked this mascara, but there are certainly better options, for me at least. I have longish eyelashes, and this did absolutely nothing for mine, except give them a nice coat of black. However my best friend has short almost straight lashes, and it looks AMAZING on her eyelashes. So I recommend this mascara if you have shorter lashes. I also found this product dried out very quickly. Overall wouldn't buy again.

Video Reviews & Tutorials