Cover Girl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliners

3.4

on 7/3/2009 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Total impulse buy while waiting in the checkout line at Target. I very rarely buy drugstore makeup, and definitely never without hearing rave reviews about it online first since you can't try it out in the store. However, for some reason this caught my eye and looked promising. I'm surprised this has as high a rating as it does. I don't like it at all. I usually use eyeliner only on my inner rims, and this was really hard to get to show up there. It definitely didn't glide on, and maybe I got a bad one or something, but I didn't find it creamy at all. Once I was able to get it to show up somewhat (it never actually became opaque) it faded within half an hour and smudged all over my lower lashline. I thought it might be something useful to throw in my makeup bag in my purse for emergencies, but the packaging is so cheap that the cap broke within a few days, and I don't throw my bag around or anything. If you are looking for a good drugstore eyeliner, spend the extra two bucks and buy Revlon Colorstay, which is amazing and better than most high end eyeliners.

on 6/15/2009 8:53:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product, and ended up being really disappointed. As other people said, it is easy to apply..but it smudges all over the place and wears off within hours. I got the Onyx color and it faded into a nasty weird grey color. It wore off on little sections of my eyelid and wore off completely in another section and looked bad. I will never buy this again. Revlon eyeliners are way better.

on 6/12/2009 11:31:00 PM

i got this eyeliner free with my purchase of lashblast. i hated lashblast, so i was hoping i'd get my money's worth with this...and yeah, i kinda like this eyeliner.
i have this in black onyx, and i like the design of the pencil. i don't really like to smudge my liner, but when i do, the smudger on the other end is really useful. i like how creamy and smooth the eyeliner comes on. it's an easy eyeliner to use, and something good for those just starting to use makeup.
what i don't like about this liner, however, is that the color fades after a few hours of wear, so i'm left with dark grey liner when i want black.
i put that i would purchase again, because it does work, and i do like it, especially for lining my lower lashline when i want to look mean (haha) and the slight smudging works for that. as for my top lashline, i'll stick to my wet n' wild creme liner.

on 6/12/2009 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like the fact that it has a built-in smudger, and its creamy consistency. It's gentle and easy to apply, and I've never had a problem with it running. I took off one lippie because the black color fades to a dark gray after a full day of wear.

on 6/12/2009 2:57:00 AM

This eyeliner goes on easy and is very precise. BUT.. it smudges quickly on the outside corners of my eyes and doesn't stay on very long. I used this at a wedding last week and I looked horrible because this thing gave me racoon eyes. I think I'll stick to my liquid liners.

on 5/31/2009 11:23:00 PM

OMGOSH! this purchase was the best thing that ever happened to me (well, not literally, hehe!).
i got this in onyx it is (like the name says) THE perfect point plus. i recommend this to anyone who wants a creamyyy eyeliner, and it also has a smudger which is a plus!

pros:
- it has very very little to no smudges
- really pigmented
- has a soft smudger which is gentle for your eye area
- is good for smokey looks

cons:
- can reverse product back in container which sucks, especially if you twist to much out.
- may come of if you are sweating or something..
( tip: set your eyeliner w/ eyeshadow but make sure it matches your eyeliner or similiar )

hope my review helped!

- sunshine

LOOOOOVE!!!!!! this is the BEST thing ive tried for my hooded eyelids. it glides on soo smooth and it has a smudger sponge on the end. i have these in grey, black, & brown and im dying to try the blue color now that i know it exists. i would recommend these to anybody who has trouble with regular pencils and/or liquids. plus it is drugstore! its an automatic crayon that you click up and it is so perfect

on 5/19/2009 4:10:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. I have been using Cover Girl's Perfect Point Plus in black onyx for over three years & I have never felt the need to change eyeliners. I love how smoothly & precisely it is applied.

on 5/14/2009 10:13:00 PM

This formula goes on really smooth, but its just too creamy for my taste. Didnt set as I wouldve liked it to. Wouldnt recommend if youre trying to get a precise line.

on 5/12/2009 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This was one of the first liners I ever used. They do the job, but in my opinion, just ordinary. For d/s liners, I like Revlon Colorstay liners more- they don't slip off my eyes as easily!