Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 5/27/2011 8:55:00 PM

Unfortunately this product and I did not mesh well. I could tell by its application that it had some kind of silicone in it bc it felt too slippery akin to hourglass mineral veil primer (also not for me). It had great packaging, was easy to blend, and had no real scent that I could remember. The Associate encouraged me to try it with my Lancome Idole and Miracle as its La Base Pro did not keep my foundation in place well. Regardless, this oil free product gave me breakouts after 24 hours use and I will not be repurchasing.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like this primer, the more I experience more of it you know?
I have oily skin as well and he has not given effect matte than I expected.
More use with the Smashbox Anti Shine gives a much better effect!
I liked the price! Another negative feature is that it helps diminish the appearance of fine lines.

I was apprehensive about primers at first, they're relatively new on the market and kind of seemed a bit of a sham.
I always used moisturizer as a primer before and never had any problems.
But I decided to try this out since everyone raves about it so much, glad I wasn't disappointed!
It absorbs quickly, feels super silky and makes my skin feel silky. I use it over top of moisturizer and underneath foundation and powder.
I have dry skin, so flakiness is definitely a huge problem for me. This seems to help get rid of flakiness more than just moisturizer alone. My foundation also stays perfect all day.
What a godsend! I would recommend this, but a lot of people complain that it makes them break out. I'd ask for a sample of this before paying nearly $40 for it.

on 5/8/2011 9:43:00 PM

i still don't know whats so great about this....

on 4/27/2011 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* Me - NC30, combination to dry skin and acne prone at times.
* Experience - I started using this well rated primer when I lived in a warmer climate and needed a light water-based primer that would not clog my pores. And in a warm climate, it seemed to work well for me. Unfortunately, I find that it doesn't seem to work as well for me during the cold winter months or when my skin is a bit on the dry side or needs a primer with a bit more moisture built-in.
* Pros - Nice stable packaging, light and sheer, easy to work with and does the job right. And despite being on the more pricey side, you do get a lot of product.
* Cons - Does not work perfectly for me under all climates or weather conditions unfortunately.
* Verdict - I like this primer but I will most likely have to search for another primer to use that's more suited for my skin's needs, especially with the change in the seasons and climates.

on 4/26/2011 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I personally love this primer. I already have acne prone skin and I always have a few breakouts and I did not see a difference when I started using this product, so that's a good thing. I love this primer, I actually just ran out a few days ago, it was my first one! I bought it in September and I must say, 1oz goes a long way for 7 months for someone who used it on an average of 5 times a week!

My problem with this primer, however, is the price. I love this primer dearly, it's a creamy consistency that's not thick or greasy at all and leaves my face smooth, but $40 for one ounce? Come on. I do think it's a bit overrated, everyone is raving about it on youtube and I feel like they just WANT to love this product because all of the bigger gurus are. I was excited to find out that Smashbox had made a jumbo tube for $50 for 2ox of primer, which is a really good deal since it's twice the size. I just wish they would lower their prices at least $10, so it's $30 for 1oz...You get the picture!

I will never put on makeup without a primer and this is the one for me. It is very light and has a very silky/creamy consistency. It also lasts forever so it is a great investment. I recommend this to everyone who comes into work looking for a good primer. I have sensitive skin and the oil-free formula is perfect for my face. The only thing stopping me from giving this a 5, is that I live in a very hot, humid climate and I feel like it wears off my nighttime so I have to reapply it.

on 4/21/2011 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried two face primers in my life and this was one of them... Both broke me out horribly! Its such a shame too bc it honestly feels so silky and smooth going on. My face felt and looked like baby skin! However, I had a horrid reaction. I'm sure its fantastic for some but my stupid sensitive skin hated it. I love smashbox tinted moisture, so it must be some ingredient in the primer :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I didn't really like this primer despite all the good reviews. I felt like it just sat on my skin and did nothing. My foundation slid off my face, even after allowing the primer dry. I tried powder foundation over it too, and it didn't blend into my skin at all. This might have worked for others, but definitely not for me.

on 4/12/2011 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This was a nice light primer. I used a sample which lasted me two days. I used it after Clinique DDML and before Pur Minerals 4-in-1.
Pros: It went on nice and smooth, felt light, and mattified my skin instantly and controlled shine throughout the day. It made my foundation apply more evenly. No blemishes resulted.
Cons: It made my skin look a bit dull and pale. I don't think it's very compatible with mineral makeup. I also got a minor eczema-like rash on my temple.
If I were to switch to a liquid foundation or one that was not mineral-based, I would be open to trying this primer again. But I'm a very avid mineral user so this primer doesn't fit in with my routine! The rash also concerned me.