October 1, 2014 | 1780 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Zuhay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am PROUD to admit to using this natural, inexpensive remedy. Individuals often spend as much as hundreds of dollars a month on dermatology treatments and creams for acne care. I admit to purchasing some of the more expensive acne treatments on the market myself. However, in the long run, the facts remain.... Lemon juice works as well if not BETTER than other acne treatments. Lemon juice dries up my acne quickly, helps lighten up my acne scars, improves my overall skin tone and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth. I swear by this remedy and will never again bother trying anything else for acne. It's simply not worth it.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Stephlogan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using lemon juice as a toner and skin brightener for years and I still havent found anything that works better.

When you're in the shower and you've cleaned your face, step back from the water take a small palmful of sugar, add half that amount of lemon juice and scrub away. (Gently. Aso if you get some in your mouth, it just tastes like lemonade!). After you get out of the shower, take some lemon juice in your palm and put it on the same way you would apply moisturizer (avoiding eyes.)

You. Will. Glow. There's no other way to put it.

Whether it's used as a toner, scar-lightener, or in a scrub, lemon juice is so popular because it works for most of us. Give it a go!

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by loveisthemostbeautifulson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love lemon juice. I've been using it for hair lightening, acne fighting/fading, cleaning, and teeth whitening for years. Nothing compares <3

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Vhong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently moved to beijing from Vancouver Canada and have had temperamental since. Normally my skin is clear, smooth and even. In Beijing I started breaking out, some scarring followed. So i decided to cut out all the products I was using and use only Lemon water (about 1/2 lemon 1/2 mineral water) in hopes that a more natural route would help.

At first it seemed awkward. my skin felt sticky. it was tight. it stung a little. But i stuck through with it. It's been about a week and a half and i have to say my skin looks visibly better. My skin is more even. My pores are smaller. My black heads seem to be shrinking.

I douse a cotton pad with my lemon/water mix and spread it liberally all over my face.

I have also stopped putting anything on top. My skin doesn't feel dry after at all.

It's still pretty early but I'm going to keep on using this. I think women use too many products (i'm totally guilty of this...my shelf is stocked high with everything)...i think having a simpler face regimen with more natural products will give you better and healthier skin.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by spiritedastray

I don't believe that everything necessarily has to be a strictly beauty product with a brand name to be listed here on MUA - we're simply talking about products that work, and lemon juice is one of them!
For me, this is really great for marks left behind by blemishes. I will simply cut a lemon, squeeze the juice into a bowl, and use a sponge to apply it gently to clean, unmoisturized skin. It does create a feeling of tightness since my skin is already dry, but I only leave it on for a little bit before washing it off. It removes those red marks left behind after a pimple almost instantly! It also generally makes my skin look healthier and more radiant.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by iEndlessly

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did not even realize that this is considered a 'product' on the site. However, all I have to say is that Lemon Juice is a miracle worker.

I've spent countless hours researching home remedies for acne since I was about thirteen or fourteen. One of the best ones I've come across is Lemon Juice. Why? Because it has the most uses and is effective.

I've been drinking 'Lemon Water' aka diluted lemon juice for about 3 years, and I do notice a difference during the weeks that I drink it daily and the weeks that I forget to drink it. It is a excellent detox for the body and also helps with digestion. ( I try to drink about 1L a day... for starters who want to begin drinking diluted lemon juice, I would start by adding small quantities of lemon juice in a glass of water. Add more as you start to accommodate to the taste. It is hard to drink at the beginning, it will taste bitter - similar to medicine.)

Lemon juice has also worked wonders on eliminated acne. I usually avoid using lemon juice when I have an opened pimple or one with a scab because of the sting, however Lemon Juice is good to use on a pimple in which the skin has no been broken (which means you haven't tried to squeeze out the pus). Do make sure you've cleaned your face with cleanser, and apply plentifully the lemon juice on the pimple. (I, myself have oily skin so for me using undiluted lemon juice works, but if you do have dry/sensitive skin be sure to delude the juice with water). I would apply this before going to bed, and by the morning the pimple should have reduced in size. Lemon juice kills bacteria because of the low PH level and dries out the oil causing the clogged up pore.

Lemon juice is also good for reducing acne scars. Simply apply it on healed acne scars consistently and they will be reduced. Avoid sunlight .

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Yzyz

I created my MUA account just to share this miracle with you all!
I've been using Apple cider vinegar for one year and lemon juice for a few months now. Clearly, i'm not going back to acv ever again. Lemon juice is so much better on so many levels. It smells better, is less sticky, is more efficient and burns less.

Pressed fresh lemon juice or bottled 100% natural ones work the same only the latter is more convenient. I always buy a big bottle and store it in my fridge. I just poor few drops on my cotton pad before i go to sleep and it lasts forever. Plus a big bottle only costed me 1.99$

I suffer from hormonal acne and let me tell you that it is impossible for me to control it. I do study very hard and have to work night shifts sometimes. I have to pull allnighters atleast twice a month. My hormones are pretty insane and my period never comes on time. Whenever I am on vacation & get some good rest, my skin gets clear right away.

Ever since i started using lemon juice, I've been in loooooove! It almost immediately dries up your pimples right after you apply it. It can burn and sting when applying but that only happens when your pimples are picked and are still open wounds. This even prevents me from picking my pimples since I don't wanna suffer the sting later on. It instantly releases and pain or swollen feeling from pimples. Bottled juice doesn't leave sticky feeling compared to fresh juice.
Lemon juice helps to dry up pimples and this happens almost overnight. Any small blemishes or whiteheads would pop out at night and dries up the morning after. Any dring wound would heal within two days and peel off. Any big zits or cystic acne would go away within 3-5 days. AMAZING. rly!!
And i realized that the more you apply it, the faster it heals. But do not over apply it since it would dry up your skin too much. This almost changed my skin type from slightly oily to..dry. Any good masks, facials or moisturizing occasionally would solve this problem.

I also suffer from acne scars since 5 years already. Lemon juice lightens them almost overnight but to get rid of them would take quite long time. I would give it atleast 3 months. but it will work, trust me.

Applying lemon juice toner eliminates existing pimples, blackheads, whiteheads and so on. Tone your discolouration and keeps emerging zits at bay!

Yay for lemon juice!!!

19 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

yay lemon juice! I use this for lots of stuff. I mix w/ honey for a facial. Have used it w/ tap water when I ran out of Acv for hair rinse but not often as it lightens my dark hair. My favs for it are mix several drops w/ equal parts acv and aloe vera juice and make a toner ( works great but does sting at first). Add half or whole lemon (squeezed out of course) in a large glass of ice water and drink first thing in the morning and it helps to expell toxins from the body (acts like a body flush) and this can help organs and overall skin health from the inside out. Been doing this for quite some time now and its awesome.
EDIT: I can't use this not face anymore as it dries it out to much. I do mix a couple drops in a bottle of water with a couple Tbs acv and drink as a flush all day. Helps my skin, joints and overall well being from the inside out.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by pixels

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading all the MUA reviews, had to jump on the lemon juice bandwagon. Started 4 days ago, apply juice straight from lemon wedge to freshly cleansed face each evening, leave on 10-15 minutes. Sort of feels like it is eating your face off, itches and burns, but stops after it's washed off. Even with my Clarisonic (HG for sure) and use of excellent Dermalogica products, still battled little bumps on nose, blackheads, etc. Also have sun-damage spots on cheeks and wondered if lemon might possibly lighten those. First, let me say this lemon juice works. After just 4 lemon facials, my nose is very nearly clear of everything! no blackheads, and almost no bumps under skin. Those weren't really visible but could feel them and they sometime erupted into pimples or deep blackheads. Overall, skin tone seems more even. The biggest test was/is two whiteheads i've had for over a year. Really didn't expect much to happen, but one on upper lip has almost disappeared, can barely feel it with finger and it will be complete gone in another couple of days. The 2nd under lower lip hasn't really budged, thinking of adding extra to it for overnight to see if i can it to go, too. My pigmenting looks a little better, nothing miraculous, but noticed makeup covers it a lot easier now. Will prob slack off to once or twice a week lemon treatments after a few days. All the reviews were right on, lemon juice works. Don't get on the skin around your eyes. Don't use if your skin is sensitive. Use lots of moisturizer after. Use sunscreen when you go out. Will report back as things develop! over and out for now. (BTW, I'm 59, oily t-zone, dry cheeks)

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 3:58:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing.
I am doing OCM at the moment, and using pure rose water as a toner. I read on MUA someone who uses lemon juice and sugar as a scrub, so I gave it a try. It was wonderful! Scrubbed nicely, toned nicely and smelled lovely. Also, super cheap and easy to apply as I used bottle lemon use straight from the bottle in the fridge.
The best, best, best thing about this, is that in just ONE use, I found that the oil production from my nose was significantly reduced. I have a very oily nose, and even though the rest of my face isn't oily I find that the oil will break through foundation in about an hour.
I used this today (for the first time admittedly) underneath my foundation and the difference was phenomenal. I cleansed as usual, toned with lemon juice and moisturised with Lush Imperialis just on my cheeks. I then applied Illamasqua Rich Liquid (which I have reviewed before, and have avoided using since I bought it as I can't apply it and make it stay on my skin) and used my fingers to blend. I am not kidding that throughout the entire day (including a sly nap on the couch!) I have had virtually NO oil breakthrough on my nose. I applied at about 11am, and blotted at about 3pm, and there was barely anything there.
I am so so pleased with this, and am praying that this is going to be a long-term effect as I am so fed up of having such an oily nose and skin that will not be tamed! I have decanted some into a travel size bottle so I have some with my beauty products at all times.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No