April 18, 2014 | 1491 users online

Hair Styling Tools - GHD - IV Styler (all sizes)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

This thing is amazing! It heats up within three minutes, which is especially vital in the morning. Even my hair can be straighten without ease, and it stays all day long! I can even curl my hair with this thing. The original price is way too high, but I could get it from the factory. So I ended up only spending 100 bucks on this thing. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best flat iron I have ever used! I have used 4 other flat irons- Conair, Chi Turbo, Sedu Revolution & Solia. GHD MK4 is the best. The GHD snags the least. Out of all the flat irons I have tried, GHD leaves the smallest pile of hair on the floor. I was a little worried about the lack of temperature control but once using it I had no qualms. I only have to flat iron each section once or twice, with any other flat iron I would have to go over each section 4 or 5 times. My hair stays straight after using this. With any other flat iron I would have to touch up my hair on days I don't wash but with GHD I don't have to. My hair looks very natural when I use this flat iron, I don't get the stick straight obviously flat ironed look. I can't attest to how straight my hair would be in humidity since I live in a dry climate.

Pros:
I only have to go over each section once or twice
My hair stays straight, I do not have to touch it up on days I don't wash
Very little snagging & pulling
Heats up in 20 seconds
Universal voltage

Cons:
Price
No temperature control
Snags a little

I never thought I would be one of those people raving about a GHD. This flat iron is horribly overy priced at $240, if they reduced the price to around $150 they would sell more of these baby's. I finally caved in & bought one because every other flat iron I used snagged & ripped out hairs. I do have to say that you do get what you paid for with GHD, it is definitely worth the money. I highly recommend this flat iron.

Edit: 8/16: When I visited my family in a very humid climate, my hair did not stay straight. It immediately frizzed up. In the dry climate I live in, my hair always stays straight.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Lovelytrue

This is simply a fantastic iron. I have chemically straightened hair (Japanese straightener, from dense/curly/thick/frizzy hair) and I have found with other flat irons that my hair comes out completely fried. For reference, I've used Solano Sapphire, Bion, Hai. The main reason I use flat irons is to curl my hair at the ends, so to be fair I don't actually know how this iron works for curly to straight.

The first thing I'd like to address is the speed of heat-up: people aren't exaggerating when they say it takes seconds to heat up. Without any exaggeration, you turn it on and in less than 10 seconds it will beep that it's heated (I timed it.)

Second, this iron leaves my hair shinier than I've ever had it left by a styling tool.

Third, after I style with the GHD, the curls I make last for two days. And this is with NO HAIRSPRAY. For someone with chemically treated hair, this is practically a miracle. FYI I use my GHD with T3 Liquid Iron Booster.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Tinkergirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Is it worth the price-YES. It changed my hair, I have smooth, soft hair every day and I promise you this was not always the case. I have dealt with frizz and breakage all my life. I run this iron through once and it seals my hair shaft and feel so incredible I feel like I do when I leave the salon everytime I use it. I use the Redken Satinwear on my damp hair first as a protector and then blowdry, I don't know if that is making any difference, but I am mostly crediting this amazing AMAZING iron that I now cannot live without.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 5:31:00 AM More reviews by laurajaynee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If there is someone out there tryna sell you a straightner buy saying its just as good or better then a GHD they are lying YOU CANT GET ANY BETTER. im a hairdresser i would no!
of course if u straighten your hair everyday its gunna cause damage!! but u shouldnt have to straighten everyday with a ghd, if u straighten clean dry hair it should stay straight till you get it wet again.

its an expensive buy but if u have thick coarse hair and u want it to look and feel silky smooth u wont regret spending the money!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

i originally thought this was better than sliced bread, but i sing a different tune now. i find as a high powered straightener, my 2" CHI performs better. as for the flips and fun styles, this can create them but it always leaves my ends looking fried and puffy this way. i like this iron for travel but as for performance, i have found it over-rated.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by nchoudhu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used the IV in pure for a few months now. And it does speed up the amount of time it takes to straighten hair. It didn't leave my hair soft like my other brand straightener. But, here's the down side: it really HEATS up! I'm not sure this is a really good idea for your hair, especially if you are straightening hair almost everyday. Never in my 5 years of straigtening have I actually burned my hair, but it happened with this styler. (And I did use a heat protectant) I didn't even realize it until I brushed a side of my head and I literally had clutches of hair coming out. As soon as I realized what had happened I dumped my straigtener to the trash. It's never worth it when you are hair gets damaged like that. Now it's going to take atleast a month to rectify the damage I have done to my hair. Just a word of caution. Be careful if you are using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by diamondlustre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are the best I think. I've had quite a few straighteners, but these are just fabulosa! I had to be persuaded to for fork out the money but I'm so glad I did.I got the Holiday set with the new IV styler, with bag,heat protectant pouch and makeup bag. I also got 4 trial size products and clips.Still use the bag for toiletries when i'm at work,It's quite cute. Make sure you use a heat protector though because these are rather hot. You can curl, flick,straighten,add height and volume and generally just expeiment with your hairstyles. They come in 3 different plate sizes, a thin one for short hair and fringes,the normal sized one and one with wide plates for really thich or afro hair.They even cool down and bleep if you've forgot to switch them off after a certain amount of time.Great for me whose miss forgetful and could set my house on fire!Definitley recommended.
Treat yourself.You're worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2009 7:23:00 AM More reviews by amyanne4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Definitely the best. All the top stylists in my area use them. They are expensive but totally worth it. It just glides through effortlessly and never burns or scorches. Can't live without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 6:43:00 AM More reviews by wouldyoubelieve

Bloody expensive but oh so worth it.
Love the results (hair actually doesn't fry with this)
better last a lifetime