July 31, 2014 | 1746 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I am pretty impressed with the quality of this powder. It's very fine and goes on nice and sheer with only a bit of coverage, but definitely blots out oil and sets your makeup.
My oily T-zone gets greasy again within a few hours, but that's what happens with most mattifying products for me.
This doesn't make me cakey, even if I reapply a couple of times during the day - but I am light handed with it.
What I hate though is how bulky it is! What's up with all the twisty bits?! Handy that there's a mirror and puff in there (even though I prefer to carry a retractable travel-size powder brush most times), but I don't get why it's so thick. The whole point of a compact is that it's meant to be, well, compact.
Well, rant over, I might re-purchase this if I don't find one of the same quality with smaller packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by xXVampirePrincessXx

I love this powder for setting my makeup! It costs around $5 at drugstores. It makes my skin look smooth and matte! I think it would be great for oily skin! It's very compact, and I like that on the bottom, it pops out a mirror and puff that works nicely. :) This is definitely the best powder I've tried. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect sheer pressed powder I use every morning to set either my foundation or BB cream. I do have to touch up probably one more time during the day to control my shiny-ness. But it's very affordable, and honestly, does the same job to me as my other higher end powders.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so bummed about this product because it looks absolutely amazing, but the ingredients are TERRIBLE. There are 5 different parabens in it, and I just don't feel comfortable having that on my skin. Having said that, if parabens do not concern you, this is DEFINITELY the product for you! I find that it looks best if you press it on with a thick velour puff. The product is very buildable and leaves your skin very soft and smooth. Pressing it in leaves my giant pores hardly noticeable. It does a great job of keeping my face from getting oily or shiny. Like I said, I am so sad about all the parabens. Otherwise this would be a HG product that I would repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

While not a strong powder foundation all on its own, I have been using this as a setting powder to put on top of my BB cream and/or concealer, and I have to say, I'm thinking that I'm finally done looking for a powder. I am super impressed with the quality. So smooth, so finely milled, such lasting power! No oiliness throughout the day; I look dewy and natural. Very pleased with this purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice powder and I was surprised how much I liked the texture and sheer coverage which still controlled my oily areas pretty well. The only thing I dislike is the way it's packaged...you don't want the puff side to get the mirror dirty, but if you flip the powder puff over it gets skanky and gross/ripped quite quickly. So, I would say it's best to use at home with a fluffy brush or MAC's 187. If not, keep some spare puffs around to replace.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I am on my 3rd compact of this. I was previously breaking out from every other powder or mineral makeup I tried. I gave this a go because it doesn't have Bismulth Oxychloride or Boron Nitride in it. Those 2 definitely break me out. I was pleasantly surprised at the colour match, I've tried in a few shades to match seasonal colour.changes. It is mattifying, though coverage is not heavy. I use this over a bit of concealer or my Vichy Tient. I can pretty much call this HG. The odd packaging is a bit awkward but I can forgive as I love this. I use a kabuki anyhow. I will be so sad if they D/C this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by XenaNg

I have been using this powder since it first came out. I've been bouncing back and forth from Cream to Sand. I love how smooth the powder is! It controls my oil for 4-5 hours even in the humidity of Florida. The coverage is sheer, so it's best to use it as a setting powder rather than by itself. It has never broken me out and is great for when I've gotten too heavy-handed with my blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by PrincessMikki

I have normal to combination skin for reference. I am also a MAC NC30
I love this powder so much. I normally will apply my liquid foundation, and use a big brush (Sigma F30) to set it. This gives such an airbrushed, matte (non-cakey) look. I also keep it in my purse to touch up. I don't even need blotting papers. This isn't a powder foundation, so don't expect this to add coverage. This is very similar to MACs MSFN. You really won't regret buying this. I reccomend it to everyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by bamnramn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other Eyes: Blue

Potentially good product. Good colour range, Good ingredients, gives nice matte finish. Doesnt stay matte though. After about an hour oil breaks through and turns your face into an oily mess, and it just looks gross. Coverage is reasonable.

Probably reccomend for dry skinned people who like a matte finish.

Price is ok, it was $20 Australian, The packageing is hell tacky, but who really cares about that.

Overall wouldnt re-purchase. Just doesnt keep me matte.

Not really a whole lot to say about this product!