August 20, 2014 | 1848 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What I love best about this powder is that it does not cake up. If you have ever spent some time meticulously applying your makeup, only to have your whole look ruined by a powder, you know exactly what I mean. Once I hit my late 30's I stopped applying powder all over. Whether we like to admit it or not, our skin changes with age -so, we have to tweak our routine to fake youthful gorgeous skin.

I apply this powder with a stippling brush, like the fabulous one from Ecotools or the MAC 187, to certain areas only when needed...pretty much after 8 hours into my work day (here in hot humid FL). This powder give a soft effect that refreshes my look, and feels very light. I have no complaints with the packaging; though I never use the puff that's included, I love the mirror that is built in. The price is nice for the amount of product and how long it lasts. I definitely recommend giving this powder a try.

For shade reference, I use Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder in Light 4-5, and have used it with Estee Lauder Double Wear liquid foundation in Bone 17 1W1. I have also used it with Revlon liquid foundation comb/oily in Buff, MAC Studio Fix liquid in NC 15, Make Up For Ever liquid in #117 Marble, and Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation 9. Looked beautiful with all of these!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by lexylynn

I went to Sephora in search of a really good pressed powder a month back because I had picture day the following day at school. I was seriously in there for like an hour looking for one, but most of them were translucent and the colored powders were all powder foundations. I didn't want a translucent powder because I was afraid of getting a white cast or something from it.. I'm paranoid.

While I was in there, I remembered reading great reviews on this powder. So I left and went to Walgreens and picked it up and I LOVE IT. First of all, it keeps me matte for most of the day and it's totally affordable! I was about to drop like triple the price in Sephora and got an even better product for a better price!

This is now my HG pressed powder.. I love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by sweetkandi87

I use this as a setting powder and I LOVE it. I use Revlon Colorstay and put this over it to set it. It makes my foundation look nice and smooth and keeps my face less oily througout the day. I use to use MACs mineralize skinfinish, but this gives me the same effect I got from that. I purchased my first one after I had ran out of my mineralize and I am about to run out of this one since I use it everyday. At this price, Id buy this over MAC any day. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I am pretty impressed with the quality of this powder. It's very fine and goes on nice and sheer with only a bit of coverage, but definitely blots out oil and sets your makeup.
My oily T-zone gets greasy again within a few hours, but that's what happens with most mattifying products for me.
This doesn't make me cakey, even if I reapply a couple of times during the day - but I am light handed with it.
What I hate though is how bulky it is! What's up with all the twisty bits?! Handy that there's a mirror and puff in there (even though I prefer to carry a retractable travel-size powder brush most times), but I don't get why it's so thick. The whole point of a compact is that it's meant to be, well, compact.
Well, rant over, I might re-purchase this if I don't find one of the same quality with smaller packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by xXVampirePrincessXx

I love this powder for setting my makeup! It costs around $5 at drugstores. It makes my skin look smooth and matte! I think it would be great for oily skin! It's very compact, and I like that on the bottom, it pops out a mirror and puff that works nicely. :) This is definitely the best powder I've tried. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by kimmiecheeks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect sheer pressed powder I use every morning to set either my foundation or BB cream. I do have to touch up probably one more time during the day to control my shiny-ness. But it's very affordable, and honestly, does the same job to me as my other higher end powders.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so bummed about this product because it looks absolutely amazing, but the ingredients are TERRIBLE. There are 5 different parabens in it, and I just don't feel comfortable having that on my skin. Having said that, if parabens do not concern you, this is DEFINITELY the product for you! I find that it looks best if you press it on with a thick velour puff. The product is very buildable and leaves your skin very soft and smooth. Pressing it in leaves my giant pores hardly noticeable. It does a great job of keeping my face from getting oily or shiny. Like I said, I am so sad about all the parabens. Otherwise this would be a HG product that I would repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

While not a strong powder foundation all on its own, I have been using this as a setting powder to put on top of my BB cream and/or concealer, and I have to say, I'm thinking that I'm finally done looking for a powder. I am super impressed with the quality. So smooth, so finely milled, such lasting power! No oiliness throughout the day; I look dewy and natural. Very pleased with this purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by dolcefan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a nice powder and I was surprised how much I liked the texture and sheer coverage which still controlled my oily areas pretty well. The only thing I dislike is the way it's packaged...you don't want the puff side to get the mirror dirty, but if you flip the powder puff over it gets skanky and gross/ripped quite quickly. So, I would say it's best to use at home with a fluffy brush or MAC's 187. If not, keep some spare puffs around to replace.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I am on my 3rd compact of this. I was previously breaking out from every other powder or mineral makeup I tried. I gave this a go because it doesn't have Bismulth Oxychloride or Boron Nitride in it. Those 2 definitely break me out. I was pleasantly surprised at the colour match, I've tried in a few shades to match seasonal colour.changes. It is mattifying, though coverage is not heavy. I use this over a bit of concealer or my Vichy Tient. I can pretty much call this HG. The odd packaging is a bit awkward but I can forgive as I love this. I use a kabuki anyhow. I will be so sad if they D/C this one.