Bare Escentuals BareMinerals Foundation

3.4

on 4/27/2008 1:27:00 PM

Just bought it, and i am really satisfied. It blends great on the skin, no outbreaks at all. Really amazing and definitely recommend it..

on 4/24/2008 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I DONT KNOW WHAT ALL THE COMPLAINTS ARE ABOUT, BUT I HAVE A INDIAN TONE FACE, AND I USED TO USE FASHION FAIR WHICH WAS THE ONLY BRAND I COULD FIND TO MATCH MY TONE; IT WAS CHEAP WHICH WAS GOOD, BUT TOO THICK. I HAPPEND TO BE IN MALL ONE DAY AND THOUGHT I'D GIVE IT A TRY. THE REP'S WERE SO NICE, I FELT LIKE A QUEEN. AFTER THE REP APPLIED THE PRODUCTS AND EXPLAIN HOW IT WORKS, I SAW A NEW ME, AND FELL IN LOVE! ITS NOT HEAVY, EASY TO APPLY AND IT REALLY DOAS COVER MARKS. IT DOESNT ITCH; LAST TILL I TAKE IT OFF, EVEN THE LIP GLOSS! WHEN I LEFT THE STORE, I GOT SO MANY COMPLIMENTS! I WAS ASKED WHAT KIND OF FACIAL CLEANSER DO I USE; THEY COULD'NT TELL IT WAS MAKE UP! ONE DOWNFALL IS ITS EXPENSIVE. I SPENT OVER 160.00 BUT IT WILL LAST FOR ABOUT 7 MONTHS IS WHAT I WAS TOLD, SO I FIGUIRED ITS WORTH IT. FOR ALL MY MED-DARK TONE SISTA'S...YES IT WORKS! TREAT YOURSELF, YOU DESERVE IT!

on 4/17/2008 8:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've used this product off and on for about 3 years now. I go to it once in a while, but it's too hard to get this to work for me. I like that it doesn't break me out and helps keep my skin fairly clear. The problem is that my skin has to be completely moisturized and flake free. Any dryness shows up and it can get cakey in places like under my eyes (I need to find a good eye cream!). The last time I used this I had to wash and exfoliate my face and I used a moisture mask! It looked pretty good, but then it looked like crap under my eyes. This is too high maintenance for me and so I think I've mostly given up on this! I have a lot of this left and will continue to use it once in a while, but I doubt I will ever use it on a daily basis. I haven't tried any other mineral foundations, but I might in the future to see if there is anything better. Until then I will stick w/my liquid foundation (makeupforever) which is actually working pretty good on my skin!

on 4/12/2008 2:48:00 PM

i gave this a good review at first but now is a totally different story my skin started breaking out and it became extremely dry, the foundation looks bad on my skin and some days it won't even match.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I puchased my first kit 4 years ago. I have to tell you I had purchased all kinds of make up and foundation from every maker there is. This is the best I had ever use, being a man I do not want people to be able to tell that I am wearing anyting on my face. This product makes me look like a million dollars and nobody can tell that I have make up on my face. It is the best. I am also into organic food and all natural stuff now, Bare mineral is just that minerals, so I am very happy with it and yes I will be their loyal customer for ever.

on 4/8/2008 3:50:00 PM

Mineral foundations are harsh looking on mature skin. I've been using Bare Escentuals products for the past 4 years. I take very good care of my skin and use the primer for this line. After traveling to Seattle recently, I forgot to bring the foundation. So I ran down to the local Walgreens and bought Almay foundation. The difference was dramatic. I looked rested and much younger. This was confirmed whan I returned home. I now wear Studio Gear foundation (great for combination skin) and everyone has commented on how much better it looks.

I've also noticed how much better my complexion has been since switching. I have friends, who were using Bare Escentuals, and they've switched due to my results. They also look much better! It's a great product but not for the 45+ crowd!

on 4/6/2008 6:46:00 PM

I was desperate to trust Bare Escentuals so I wouldn't have to go back to wearing any foundation. I found it works very nicely and I enjoy putting it on and feeling like I'm not giving myself a "pancake" look. I'm really curious about their other products though. I'm willing to devote myself to the Bare Escentuals product line if they really do deliver in all areas.

on 4/5/2008 12:07:00 PM

I have adult acne, but have kept most break-outs under control by going to a dermatologist and using some topical creams. I have very oily complexion with dry patches. Annoying combination skin. This product actually covers pretty well for a powder and early on in the day it doesn't transfer on to clothing etc. However, later in the day, if you're like me, it basically starts to slide off. So the coverage starts to look streaky. Since I work in an office all day, that probably isn't too bad, since I can just re-apply later in the day. However, my primary problem with this product is it really stings, irritates and itches when it's slightly humid out or it's warm enough for me to sweat a little. At first I thought I could just use it in the winter time when its cold out... but it itches a little and irritates a little in the winter time too -- as evidenced by my red blotchy face when I wash the foundation off. Occasionally when I flare up in break-outs (usually tied to stress and hormones) the break-outs are worse when I've used this product. I've pretty diligently tried to stick with this product for about 4 months (basically the winter), but needless to say I'm pretty disappointed and searching for a mineral foundation that covers and DOESN'T IRRITATE -- since using a mineral powder foundation does look much more natural than cream foundation. Thus far, the color and coverage of Bare Escentuals has been better than Sheer Cover (which didn't cover at all, and the cover-up made me break-out more). I'm also trying Philosophy's Supernatural air-brushed canvass (The coverage is ok, but the color is off and slightly iridescent--which doesn't look great with my already oily complexion. I also think it is making me break-out, though it hasn't irritated my face like BE yet). Can someone out there recommend a mineral/powder foundation that covers well and DOESN'T irritate the face or cause break-outs? Pie in the sky, I know, but I am ever hopeful.

on 3/30/2008 2:54:00 PM

I love this product, I hate liquid foundations because I have oily/combination/sensitive skin. This is great. it's very easy to control the coverage and it always looks natural and makes me look fresh. I would be a loyal customer if it weren't so expensive $25 a jar! Yikes! I am thinking of trying Loreal, because I can't afford to drop $25 all the time. But this IS a great product!

on 3/27/2008 8:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is one of those products I keep going back to purchase. I have tried Sonia Kashuk's mineral finishing powder and L'Oreal's but BE Mineral veil is my all-time favorite. It just leaves a silky -looking finish that I like. I don't feel "done" until I have put the Mineral Veil on.