October 23, 2014 | 1343 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - bare Minerals Foundation #2/#3 & Mineral Veil

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by lilchibi

i gave this a good review at first but now is a totally different story my skin started breaking out and it became extremely dry, the foundation looks bad on my skin and some days it won't even match.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by luigiforgione

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I puchased my first kit 4 years ago. I have to tell you I had purchased all kinds of make up and foundation from every maker there is. This is the best I had ever use, being a man I do not want people to be able to tell that I am wearing anyting on my face. This product makes me look like a million dollars and nobody can tell that I have make up on my face. It is the best. I am also into organic food and all natural stuff now, Bare mineral is just that minerals, so I am very happy with it and yes I will be their loyal customer for ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by pinkey01

Mineral foundations are harsh looking on mature skin. I've been using Bare Escentuals products for the past 4 years. I take very good care of my skin and use the primer for this line. After traveling to Seattle recently, I forgot to bring the foundation. So I ran down to the local Walgreens and bought Almay foundation. The difference was dramatic. I looked rested and much younger. This was confirmed whan I returned home. I now wear Studio Gear foundation (great for combination skin) and everyone has commented on how much better it looks.

I've also noticed how much better my complexion has been since switching. I have friends, who were using Bare Escentuals, and they've switched due to my results. They also look much better! It's a great product but not for the 45+ crowd!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2008 6:46:00 PM More reviews by rde80

I was desperate to trust Bare Escentuals so I wouldn't have to go back to wearing any foundation. I found it works very nicely and I enjoy putting it on and feeling like I'm not giving myself a "pancake" look. I'm really curious about their other products though. I'm willing to devote myself to the Bare Escentuals product line if they really do deliver in all areas.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2008 12:07:00 PM More reviews by hdhrts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have adult acne, but have kept most break-outs under control by going to a dermatologist and using some topical creams. I have very oily complexion with dry patches. Annoying combination skin. This product actually covers pretty well for a powder and early on in the day it doesn't transfer on to clothing etc. However, later in the day, if you're like me, it basically starts to slide off. So the coverage starts to look streaky. Since I work in an office all day, that probably isn't too bad, since I can just re-apply later in the day. However, my primary problem with this product is it really stings, irritates and itches when it's slightly humid out or it's warm enough for me to sweat a little. At first I thought I could just use it in the winter time when its cold out... but it itches a little and irritates a little in the winter time too -- as evidenced by my red blotchy face when I wash the foundation off. Occasionally when I flare up in break-outs (usually tied to stress and hormones) the break-outs are worse when I've used this product. I've pretty diligently tried to stick with this product for about 4 months (basically the winter), but needless to say I'm pretty disappointed and searching for a mineral foundation that covers and DOESN'T IRRITATE -- since using a mineral powder foundation does look much more natural than cream foundation. Thus far, the color and coverage of Bare Escentuals has been better than Sheer Cover (which didn't cover at all, and the cover-up made me break-out more). I'm also trying Philosophy's Supernatural air-brushed canvass (The coverage is ok, but the color is off and slightly iridescent--which doesn't look great with my already oily complexion. I also think it is making me break-out, though it hasn't irritated my face like BE yet). Can someone out there recommend a mineral/powder foundation that covers well and DOESN'T irritate the face or cause break-outs? Pie in the sky, I know, but I am ever hopeful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 2:54:00 PM More reviews by pinksky76

I love this product, I hate liquid foundations because I have oily/combination/sensitive skin. This is great. it's very easy to control the coverage and it always looks natural and makes me look fresh. I would be a loyal customer if it weren't so expensive $25 a jar! Yikes! I am thinking of trying Loreal, because I can't afford to drop $25 all the time. But this IS a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2008 8:15:00 AM More reviews by stepherzfeld

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those products I keep going back to purchase. I have tried Sonia Kashuk's mineral finishing powder and L'Oreal's but BE Mineral veil is my all-time favorite. It just leaves a silky -looking finish that I like. I don't feel "done" until I have put the Mineral Veil on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 12:18:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I left a review on the Bare Minerals #2, but feel that I need to leave it here so that others looking for an honest review can find it, no matter what their skin tone is.

After using Bare Minerals products for over 4 years with no complaints, I am sad to say that I will never use it again. My flawless skin has been mysteriously breaking out for the past 5 months. At first, I thought it was an allergy or some kind of detox, but then I noticed that every time I would wear Bare Minerals, I would break out the next day. The breakouts slowly developed into cystic acne on my cheeks and chin.

I stopped using Bare Minerals last month and the acne went away, completely. Then I decided to put it on yesterday to test it again. BIG MISTAKE. I washed my face before bed as usual and I woke up this morning with the worst skin - acne on my cheeks, forehead and chin. I'm using tea tree oil, a special acid cleanser and three topical creams to get my skin back to it's original state.

Bare Minerals will destroy your skin. :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by oldquilt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok after I ordered the 9 piece starter kit and the eye starter kit. I read all the negative reviews on here. I put this on today and started thinking I'm gonna take it back after all the neg stuff on here! but then I walked in the bathroom and looked closley at my face and have to say it looks great! so gonna keep it. I don't notice the pores being larger or wrinkles more pronouced either. feels good and love the warmth and glee.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 5:34:00 AM More reviews by mcriss1

Hello to all those in search of fabulous skin! I have found Bare Esentuals skincare to be my holy grail of skincare! I am 33, and have suffered from tempermental skin my entire life. (my face breaks out if the wind changes direction!)

A few tips that have helped me may benefit others....Bare Esentuals Skin Rev'r uppr is a must for me. It is not a primer, but a skin treatment that contains glycolic acid which keeps pores clean. A good primer is a must,..I use Philosophy's The Present. (You must leave on the full two minutes).

Please watch the DVD on the application of Bare Minerals. A little goes a long way, and the key is to buff,..buff.. buff!! I now use their entire line of makeup...

(just one more of my fav's....I use Philosophy's makeup optional line. Between that and my Bare Minerals makeup my skin has never looked better. I am obsessed with skincare, so it really says a lot that I have found products I can rave about!