April 18, 2014 | 1875 users online

Foundations - Smashbox - High Definition Healthy FX Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2010 9:08:00 PM More reviews by theprincessyessi

I LOVE IT!
it gives you a natural look and lasts a long time,even when i run it still manages to look the same.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by brubio

My absolute favorite foundation! I have combination skin, with some red patches (uneven skin tone) and some acne scars. I don't understand why people say this has no coverage. Two light layers gives me flawless, glowy, poreless skin!
This foundation is especially good for photos, as it photographs true to color (no white cast) and you look glowy (note, NOT shiny) in pics. Will buy again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 4:50:00 AM More reviews by RealDealBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in a kit from sephora, but would even pay full price for this foundation. The packaging is great as mentioned by others (but beware, a hard fall can crack the outside - even so, it doesn't leak out the crack :).
I have this in M2 which is just a half shade darker than NC42.
The foundation feels so smooth upon application - almost like it has some primer in it - but without the silacone feel (I hate).
Coverage is light to medium, but buildable with light layers. Less than 1 pump will cover the entire face. The foundation tends to fade by the end of the day, but thiS can be reapplied w/o feeling cakey. The finish is dewy but not oily and looks good even on my combo oily skin.
Sometimes, I feel I want more coverage and apply MMU over this, and it looks great even then! This acts as a high coverage moisturizer and my MMU looks flawless

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Veege

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to foundation; I wear the shade L2. My very first foundation was Bare Minerals, which I wore for a year or two before being converted to this pump 'liquid' foundation. I love this for two main reasons:
-It looks great in photographs. Smashbox make-ip was created in Smashbox studios, thus, it is particularly flattering on film. Contrary to very shiny and reflective Bare Minerals, Smashbox Healthy FX foundation is perfect in photos.
-It wears well. Healthy FX goes on evenly, lasts all day, and I never feel like I'm wearing a thick mask of maquillage. I do not have problems with it caking in creases or fine lines, and it never streaks.
Overall, I buy this time and time again. The only reason I don't give it a perfect score is because I think it is outrageous to charge 38 for any beauty product, plus the fact that I had a problem with the packaging once -- the pump stopped pumping 2/3 of the way through the container. Otherwise, I rave about Healthy FX to all of my friends and won't switch unless someone can find me virtually the same product at a much more affordable price.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by alishamae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I was super excited about this foundation, however, it was pretty much a complete let down for me! I got this in Fair 0 and it matched me well. The only problem was that this foundation has no coverage!!! I can get the same coverage with a tinted moisturizer. It is not worth the money for that little coverage! The packaging though is nice, I love the pump-just not the product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 9:16:00 AM More reviews by beautyqueen77

I have been using this foundation for 7 days and I absolutely adore this foundation. I have tried many brands, eg. clinique, chanel, cd, loreal and somehow, this foundation is an absolute winner. It has a dewy look, did not oxidise after long day and though a lot of reviewers said it has too little coverage, I beg to differ. It does have coverage in a very special way, and its coverage is very different from the fdns I have tried. I like its smell. I find myself reaching for this, so glad I bought it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:26:00 PM More reviews by mrees83

I absolutely love this foundation. It gives a nice, slightly dewy and even coverage for my skin. What I love is that you can use it as an everyday foundation without looking like you're wearing anything at all. I have to say when I first tried it, I didn't feel like it did anything for me until my boyfriend came home and commented on how pretty I looked. I then washed it off on one side of my face and realized how even it made my skin look. I only wish that it provided a little more coverage for those days when my skin is really bad. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone looking for a high coverage foundation - I would say this is a step above a tinted moisturizer. But it feels like silk going on, lasts the day and the packaging (pump) is terrific.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Skitts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have Smashbox high def. healthy Fx foundation in F2.
I really don't understand how I ended up fitting into that color but it worked
A salesperson at Sephora helped me pick it out.
It was amazing but expensive like $48.00
That's the most I've ever spent on make up ever.
I got a little darker so I don't really wear it .
I got my money's worth though It covered up everything without looking fake.
The smell is the only thing I didn't liike about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by paradizchic23

i bought this in a kit with other great products by smashbox from sephora. i wanted to try a new liquid foundation after i got rid of my bare escentials mineral foundation. i wanted something with medium to full coverage but that wouldnt cause me to break out because i have acne prone skin that is sensitive too. i am halfway through the foundation and just feel iffy about it. it covers well sometimes but i always have to follow up with the powder finish and the bronzer that came in the kit which is now gone. i think i will finish this and then go to something else that covers better. it also doesnt seem to last long and i have to reapply midday if i want to have an even skin tone. i usually only use one squirt so maybe if i used to it would cover better but im worried it would feel cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Viesha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had a Smashbox makeover during the summer. The MA used this in L1 on me and I was very skeptical because I had been using Clarins Tru Comfort in Cafe Latte for the past few years, so I was really hesitant to switch but I decided to take a chance and purchase. The color looked much more natural on me, and several people at work the next week commented on how great my skin looked, and one person even asked me if I had been outdoors. I rarely go out in the sun and like to stay pale. So, for someone to actually notice that my skin had a healthy glow meant something. Also, after looking at pics of me in my previous foundation, I noticed that the shade of Clarins I was using was making me look ghostly. I didn't get that with this foundation.

This foundation is slightly thinner in texture than Clarins, and the coverage is definitely much more sheer. Again, I was hesitant, because I prefer full coverage and I tend to like my foundations heavier. However, it's definitely buildable, and I like that. My regular routine is to do a 'full squeeze' of product, apply all over my face, and blend really well. Then I do a 'half squeeze' to build another, slightly, thinner layer over the face.

I experienced no breakouts from this product, and the formula moisturizes nicely. The packaging is a winner, too, because it's a pump, which keeps things nice and sanitary. It lasts quite awhile, too, because I bought it in August, and I'm still on the same container and it's now December. I recently bought my replacement, thinking I'd run out, and the dang thing is still going. I love this product. Also, it has a slight creme brulee scent. Nice!