Everyday Minerals New Flat Top Brush

Not tested on animals

Synthetic

on 7/29/2009 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

VERY soft and dense brush. Could be a bit bigger, but well worth the money. A definite improvement over my last MMU brush, a P.O.S. pink kabuki from Coastal Scents. This feels like silk against my skin, and the best part is its cruelty-free! Everyday Minerals FTW!

on 7/29/2009 6:29:00 AM

Can't live without this brush if you are a MMU person. Very very soft and full. I always use this flat top brush for applying mmu primer and foundation.

on 7/27/2009 1:25:00 PM

This is a great soft brush but I think it lacks in fullness. I like brushes that are a little bigger and fuller. Otherwise its softness is very nice.

on 7/27/2009 4:18:00 AM

I own 3 of these brushes and they are the softest brushes I have ever used! I use them for my EDM foundation, for Meow's Cat Glows and for finishing powders! So versatile and gives a flawless finish everytime. I've washed mine over 10 times now and it has not shed 1 single hair! Another great thing about this brush is that it's synthetic meaning sensitive skins/vegans can use this.

The price is great as well! It's $10 USD but if you get it in a Super Custom Kit, it works out to be around less than $5. I probablly won't be needing to replace this anytime soon as it hasnt shed and every time I wash it, it looks and feels like brand new.

Highly recommended!

on 7/23/2009 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

as mentioned by others, tis brush is really soft & dense...
but when i use it for my EDM foundations, i found that it sort of "drags" my skin, especially near the eyes areas.
Now, everyone should know eyes area are the most delicate part & should minimise dragging of any sort in order to prevent early wrinkles.
So i'm sticking to my other brush & only use this flat brush for the EDM finishing powder

on 7/20/2009 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this brush!! I've only had mine for a few weeks and I already want to buy a back-up brush haha. It is soooo soft and very dense, spreads my mineral foundation perfectly. And it actually retained it's shape after I washed it. I've had so many brushes just unusable after washing, but this one was almost as good as new. Love love, will buy again.

on 7/17/2009 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

WOW this is the most amazing brush i have ever used. it is the softest ever, hands down. its pretty cheap too, especially if you buy it in a kit. I've had it for about 6 months and it has not shed a single hair. the only thing about is that the glue that attaches the brush to the handle came loose but its nothing that glue cant solve. buy your self one and throw away those prickly gross brushes!

über dense and I love the texture of the bristles as it smoothly glides on my skin-- almost velvety! Great for MMU and even tried it with a liquid foundation! LOL. Though a bit soft, yet still I did get an airbrushed effect (worked for me though LOL!) Great handle--not too thin and not too fat either. No drastic shedding (only TWO strands--as of the moment and I've washed it for three times already. No bleeding, however; the drying time takes almost two days so I had it dried using an electric fan! And dried fast it did! A must have indeed!♥

on 7/17/2009 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

its a great brush for mineral makeup, gives even application, smooth soft bristles, its great :)

however, i do find it a bit narrow and it gives a weird smell when i buff. maybe its because its new or something i'm not sure... the bristles are also shaped weird like i have to reshape them after everyuse because when i buff they tend to lean over to one side... i don't know... maybe its the way i buff..

anyways its a great brush for the price :)

It looks like I'm in the minority here, but I can't stand this brush. I have the regular long-handled kabuki by Everyday Minerals and it does an excellent job of applying my mineral foundation. With the flat top brush, I can't seem to get a nice even application. No amount of buffing can get the finish nice and even, and I feel like I have no control around my nose. The result looks fake and cakey. Definitely will not repurchase. But still thumbs up for the long-handled kabuki!!!

Popular Makeup Brushes