April 21, 2014 | 927 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very very pale, so I figured this would be a best bet since I really don't need all that much coverage and was looking for something that was not so heavy since I don't have acne.

Well this is definitely light that is for sure, but my problem with this was just the fact that you can tell that there is powder on your face.

I personally do not like this look at all, so I often sprayed myself with fix + and blended it in just to use it up so it would not be wasteful. Another thing was that this was basically no coverage at all, it might as well be transparent, when they say "Natural", they really do mean it.

I see no use in buying this product when I can buy Studio Fix Powder and have actual coverage without looking like I caked the powder on or having to work too hard for flawless coverage. Personally its an OK powder, not fabulous by any means but if you want basically no coverage and use it for setting foundation its fine..

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by poopinshmicken

Okay I'm writing this review and MAYBE by the end of it I'll come to some conclusion on this powder. A lot of makeup gurus on youtube use this stuff. I could probably name 7. And I've bought this stuff twice - same shade. I'll probably buy it a third time too, but I'm still lukewarm. It guess it's like a boyfriend you've had for two years - I probably could find better but I'm just not up for it right now so I'll keep the relationship for a third year. (lol)

My Skin:
- Oily, sensitive, cystic acne-prone, acne-scarring.
- MAC NC15/20 or MUFE #20/#117

The *Hype* I heard that made me purchase it:
- Can double as a foundation
- Great coverage
- Soft and creamy - natural-looking!
- Won't break out skin

My thoughts:
PROS:
- It does add good coverage.
- This (unlike MOST everything else) doesnt' break me out. This is probably the biggest reason why I have repurchased.
- It doesn't have talc, which I find very harsh on my skin. Like it pulls my skin when I apply products with talc.

CONS
- For what I paid, this really isn't THAT soft. It feel pretty drugstore to me. I feel like Physican's Formula probably has something similar.
- This is good for setting foundation, but not as a foundation alone. It wears off sooooo quickly and I'm NOT one that likes to reapply makeup. Even with concealer and a kabuki, this doesn't give great coverage alone.
- I still think too much of this can make anyone look cakey and applying ANY powder will dry out skin. Maybe this stuff is less dry but not significantly.
- This powder (even though I don't use it daily) seems to go faster than any other powder I've ever used. *sigh*
- I don't really think any powder is going to provide a "natural-looking finish"
- The lid always breaks on me with these MSFs. Like the clear plastic part detaches.

CONCLUSION: This is a good powder. This is not a great powder. I do not think it lives up to the hype. This would be an awesome powder, if it were drugstore or half the price. (I hate Bare Minerals though so I like this better.)

Note: If anyone can advise me on a better powder for acne-proned skin, I'd probably try it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/14/2010 11:46:00 AM More reviews by CliniqueGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

*EDIT* Broke me out so badly, that I have huge scars all over my face now :( Will not be repurchasing, even though I still love the finish!

This is a lovely finishing powder. I use it over MIneralize Compact Foundation in NC15 and it sets my makeup all day.
Light is the perfect colour and gives my skin a little more coverage and a silky satin finish!
I buff with a MAC 180 or EL Powder foundation brush and this gives a even covering!
I would recommed this to any skin type except for very oily, as it has no oil absorbing properties!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light-Medium. It is absolutely amazing. Great for setting liquid foundation, evening out my skintone, or just for dusting on to remove shine. It works for all seasons and the color is a great match. It's also very versatile. I can pile it on for more coverage or lightly puff it on to give me a more translucent finish. Love it!

Edited to 4 lippies: No big deal. I'm on a search for a replacement. I feel that my skin has taken its toll with this product in the past 2 years.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Plagueofhamsters

I really wish this didn't have such a nice rating. I hated it. It was dry, chalky, didn't absorb any oil, didn't have any coverage. Major let down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 4:05:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ladies, if you want a light coverage, average finishing/setting powder, by all means pick up MSFN. It does its job well, although it's not outstanding. Where this product comes into its own, however, is as a foundation. I actually use this WET, like Pan-Cake or those old-school dual-powder foundations, except this doesn't have the blotchy, streaky finish those used to have. Here is my technique: Take a full powder brush (yes, the kind you would use to apply face powder all over), or a stippling brush like the Mac 187 or the Px Bronzer Brush. Spray some rosewater or any non-alcoholic toner into the brush bristles 2 or 3 times. Swirl the brush over the MSFN cake and apply it in circular motions to your face, one area at a time. Swear on a stack...poreless, flawless, matte skin will be yours in a matter of minutes. It controls oil really well and lasts a good long time before needing a touch up. Note, however, that I have also tried this technique with a flat-topped buffing brush. It doesn't work as well, for some reason. A full powder brush will give you flawless coverage, while a stippling brush provides a sheerer finish. I wouldn't be happier that the MSFN that was previously sitting forgotten in a shoebox is now paying its way, and doing such a good job. Try it!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2010 12:54:00 AM More reviews by barook84

I purchased the Mineralize Skinfinish foundation and powder and I did not like either of them. When the MA at MAC put the product on at the store, I really liked it - my face appeared to look nice and smooth, so I strayed away from my Studio Fix and decided to give it a try...boo for that. It seemed to make my pores say HELLO I'M HERE - even with my primer on. Maybe it was crafty lighting at the store?
Soooo I decided to switch it up and go back to my Studio Fix and still use the Mineralize Powder - NOPE...the powder still made my face look...well, powdery and just didn't sit on my face right.
Needless to say, I'm going back to my Studio Fix products. Good luck on your powder journey.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2010 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Connie11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was disappointed in this product. The color is a really good match for me, but this hardly gives any coverage! I don't even need that much coverage, but I want more to even out my skintone. If you put on too much of this, then it ends up looking shiny, powdery, and accenting every tiny line on your face! I'm going to have to return this. It's very weird, but I actually like the Laura Geller Balance and Brighten in Fair a lot. I wish she would make the Fair color lighter, but IMO her product is tons better than the MAC Mineralize.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by princessz8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very dissappointed in this product. It totally broke me out and stuck to dry patches. I definately wouldn't recommend this product, there are better mineral makeup out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this from my MAC CCO for $17. I had already purchased the Light Medium from a retail MAC store. Light is great for the winter time when I'm more pale and Light Medium is perfect for the summer.

I use this powder every day to set my foundation. I apply it with a Large Powder brush to dust it on my face and buff it in. A little product goes a long way. It doesn't look cakey unless I've really used a heavy hand and applied way too much.

This is a must have for every MAC fan.