I like to use this on days that I get lazy with liquid foundation or don't feel like putting too much on my face. The compact powder is soft in a sense that one swirl will cause lots of powdery bits to appear on the dome but I don't really mind it. I swirl once then dab the rest to get the extra. If you have acne bumbs I wouldn't suggest using it because it can make it look dried up and flakey. Although it is a semi-matte formulation it does give your face a healthy glow and I don't have to blot my t-zone as much.
1. very natural and sheer finish--great for days when I'm in a hury and don't want to do the whole foundation thing because it doesn't require a lot of blending.
2. it is good for touch ups during the day because it doesn't deposite a lot of color so it doesn't make it look like you're pileing on makeup all day
3. I don't wear liquid foundation that much, but when I do this sets it very well
4. matches my skintone easity (I'm N3 and could prob wear the light med also if I wanted, but I like the light better)
1. no mirror--this is werid...why no mirror? I really wish it had a mirror since I like to carry it with me and apply it during the day.
2. Is on the expensive side ($26 I think), but it is good quality.
I'm very disappointed. It clogged my pores so bad and I'm breaking out worse than I have in a few months. Very sad.
Alright, now mind you that I have a very oily t-zone to begin with, but I went to my MAC counter and tried it on with the kabuki my fantasticcc MUA lent me. At first, it was great! Just enough coverage, beautiful sheen, all hunky-dorry.
And then I wore it for an hour.
My skin pretty much greased up like normal, and my nose looked the exact same as if I hadn't put on makeup, plus disgusting shine.
So for those girls with oily skin, I am telling you, this isn't for you!
This is the best pressed powder i have used so far. It doesn't break my skin out and it just exactly like what the product describe, very natural and provide a perfect finish for the makeup.Highly recommended.
Skintype: fair (nc10 or less), Oily, sensitive, acne-prone
I understand completely why so many girls call this powder their Holy Grail. I've searched for years for the perfect powder...one that provides a very natural, not wearing makeup look. Most powders tend to overexpose my pores or settle into skin imperfections. This powder, however, provided a pure, flawless finish.
I used this powder two ways: as a finishing powder and a stand-alone foundation. As a finishing powder, I was not overly impressed. Rather than setting my foundation, it only provided a nice temporary finish. (Then, promptly slid off a few hours later.) As a stand-alone foundation, however, is where this foundation really shines. It provides a good medium coverage, and is very buildable. It did not completely wash away a few acne scars, but otherwise I loved the natural finish this powder provided.
Now the bad---This powder did not agree with my skin. I'm acne prone and can very rarely use mineral foundations. I knew going in that this powder would probably not work for me, but I suppose I got pulled into the hype. And, of course, that test failed. Every time I stopped using this product, my skin would clear up. I'd reach for the powder, and the breakouts would reappear. Generally I do not have this kind of patience with any product, but I *really* wanted to keep this one. As I said before..it's really amazing if it works for your skin.
- Flawless, natural finish. (I highly recommend a quality kabuki to apply this...it makes all the difference.)
- Medium coverage.
- Can irritate sensitive skin.
- Not a great finishing powder (if that's your intent for the product).
In all, I really feel this foundation is worth a shot. Although I've had to stop using it, I know there are others out there that do not share my skin issues!
I just wanted to review this mineralized skinfinish powder that I used off and on a couple years ago because I want *those who are acne-prone to use this with caution* cause it broke me out like crazy!! I didn't know it was the powder at first and I just happened to quit using it. When I went back to it my face blew up like a teenager again and I realized it was this powder. I looked up the ingredients and found them to be highly comedogenic.
Besides that it does look kind of heavy and powdery as other reviewers have said, and the compact is awful too (no mirror or puff).
I am very very pale, so I figured this would be a best bet since I really don't need all that much coverage and was looking for something that was not so heavy since I don't have acne.
Well this is definitely light that is for sure, but my problem with this was just the fact that you can tell that there is powder on your face.
I personally do not like this look at all, so I often sprayed myself with fix + and blended it in just to use it up so it would not be wasteful. Another thing was that this was basically no coverage at all, it might as well be transparent, when they say "Natural", they really do mean it.
I see no use in buying this product when I can buy Studio Fix Powder and have actual coverage without looking like I caked the powder on or having to work too hard for flawless coverage. Personally its an OK powder, not fabulous by any means but if you want basically no coverage and use it for setting foundation its fine..
Okay I'm writing this review and MAYBE by the end of it I'll come to some conclusion on this powder. A lot of makeup gurus on youtube use this stuff. I could probably name 7. And I've bought this stuff twice - same shade. I'll probably buy it a third time too, but I'm still lukewarm. It guess it's like a boyfriend you've had for two years - I probably could find better but I'm just not up for it right now so I'll keep the relationship for a third year. (lol)
- Oily, sensitive, cystic acne-prone, acne-scarring.
- MAC NC15/20 or MUFE #20/#117
The *Hype* I heard that made me purchase it:
- Can double as a foundation
- Great coverage
- Soft and creamy - natural-looking!
- Won't break out skin
- It does add good coverage.
- This (unlike MOST everything else) doesnt' break me out. This is probably the biggest reason why I have repurchased.
- It doesn't have talc, which I find very harsh on my skin. Like it pulls my skin when I apply products with talc.
- For what I paid, this really isn't THAT soft. It feel pretty drugstore to me. I feel like Physican's Formula probably has something similar.
- This is good for setting foundation, but not as a foundation alone. It wears off sooooo quickly and I'm NOT one that likes to reapply makeup. Even with concealer and a kabuki, this doesn't give great coverage alone.
- I still think too much of this can make anyone look cakey and applying ANY powder will dry out skin. Maybe this stuff is less dry but not significantly.
- This powder (even though I don't use it daily) seems to go faster than any other powder I've ever used. *sigh*
- I don't really think any powder is going to provide a "natural-looking finish"
- The lid always breaks on me with these MSFs. Like the clear plastic part detaches.
CONCLUSION: This is a good powder. This is not a great powder. I do not think it lives up to the hype. This would be an awesome powder, if it were drugstore or half the price. (I hate Bare Minerals though so I like this better.)
Note: If anyone can advise me on a better powder for acne-proned skin, I'd probably try it.
*EDIT* Broke me out so badly, that I have huge scars all over my face now :( Will not be repurchasing, even though I still love the finish!
This is a lovely finishing powder. I use it over MIneralize Compact Foundation in NC15 and it sets my makeup all day.
Light is the perfect colour and gives my skin a little more coverage and a silky satin finish!
I buff with a MAC 180 or EL Powder foundation brush and this gives a even covering!
I would recommed this to any skin type except for very oily, as it has no oil absorbing properties!