November 26, 2014 | 1807 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Rachael22

The only reason this has 4 lippies instead of 5 is because I don't like the smell - it smells like rosemary combined with a hint of pomegranate, and I was expecting a fruitier smell. It took me a while to get used to the smell, but once I did, I loved everything else about this product. I don't care for lipstick or gloss anymore, all I wear is lip balm. I don't think this product was intended to be tinted and it is not marketed as such, but I've noticed it leaves a very nice, very subtle, natural pink shade on my lips. The combo of natural color + moisture reminds me of Tarte's LipSurgeance pencils but for literally 1/8 of the price. The color mostly comes from the carmine in it, which some would argue is not natural, but carmine for color in cosmetics doesn't bother me. The price for what this product provides excellent - it actually gives me that "natural, healthy red flush" that so many overpriced stains try too hard to achieve (but my skin and lips are already very pink so that's probably why those products make me look like a clown) and it also moisturizes. I've been researching to find a product that achieves the same thing without the smell and has an affordable pricetag, but since I cannot, I will be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

It has a nice consistency and is quite moisturizing but the scent is repelling to me. I thought it would leave some color on my lips but it doesn't. Don't like the packaging either. I would never buy this product again but I would like to try the original version.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

it does moisturize n taste ok. No werid residue left over like the body shop ones. I like them, but they aren't my favourite (Carmex), still for variety I would rebuy them.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by birdlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is so overpriced and not better than any other tinted lip balm. It is very lightly tinted/super subtle and I also don't find it very moisturizing at all, I'm constantly having to reapply. The level of pomegranate oil in it is also very low and I don't really like the smell. Don't waste your money getting this! Many cheaper lip balms do the same job if not do it better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The perfect lip balm. It's got a heavenly smell, it tastes the way it smells, and it gives a very light, subtle rosy red tint. It's very moisturizing and lasts a long time. Perfect for those days when you want a touch of blush and lip color.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by lemonz4us

I love(d) this, it gives the right amount of red and the right amount of moisture. I do not credit the Burt's Bees line for being very moisturizing though, i've tried several of their lip balms and had to constantly re apply to get hydration. So i stick to other more organic lip balms for moisture, or even oils like vitamin e or alba's un-petroleum or jack black's lip balms. It's a bit more expensive for a "chapstick" but it's decent. The first time i smelled this i thought it was like wine? i'm not sure how to place the scent. It definitely has a red tint to it. To the top reviewer who said this doesn't have a tint, you're wrong. I'm sorry but you are. This iS tinted red is it not? try smearing some of it on paper, will the paper turn red? YES. SO will your lips, a lip balm's tint WILLtransfer over to your lips no matter if it has an intended color or not. NOTE** for proof of this i used chapsticks peppermint chapstick in high school and i remember my lips turning blue in school, not nice. and it was a blue stick. The strawberry and cherry flavors also give a red tint, because of the red coloring, hence, so will this balm, nothing too drastic --if you dont use a ton-- it doesnt last though. I've moved on to better sticks for color and better balms for moisturizing. Don't be fooled into thinking youre getting a huge benefit because this is labeled as pomegranate (Burt's marketing scheme) . Pomegranate Seed Oil has a lot of anti-oxidants in it and high amounts of Puninic Acid, a fatty acid. but the concentration of it is so low (7th on a list of 12 ingredients) it might not have any benefit at all. In addition it's lack of sunscreen leaves your lips vulnerable to sun damage. Does this mean i hate the product? no, but i have other, better things to use. it's nice to have around if i'm in a pinch and have nothing else to put on.
Ingredients:
helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, flavor, punica granatum (pomegranate) oil, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil, carmine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Quite lovely, pretty moisturizing and creamy and not waxy/greasy at all. Does its job!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never been a huge fan of the original Burt's lip balm but I really like this one. It is less waxy than the original, kind of oilier feeling but I like that. Unlike some other reviewers I also like the scent. This moisturizes really well and leaves a very subtle shine and tint.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I am usually not a lip balm kinda gal. I LOVE lipstick lol but I drink so much freaken water the lipstick ends up on my water bottle anyway so I stopped wasting my lipsticks & I tried lip stains but they dried out my lips. I found this bad boy in my drawer & I AM IN LOVE!!! It doesn't really add any color, it just moisturizes so well, I especially need this now that the winter cold is out to get me lol. This doesn't wear off as quickly as my lipstick did when I kept sipping my water. I'm very happy with this! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by heavyboots

I love this balm and I find myself applying often, not because it is not long lasting and I need to, but because I love the scent and feel of it. It also adds a slight reddish tint to my lips. I have re-purchased this many many times.