April 20, 2014 | 1409 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by kitkat73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is nothing very special in my opinion. Certainly not worth the $11 it costs here. Lots of companies, natural and otherwise make tinted lip balms. This has no SPF, the taste/smell aren't terrible but a little unpleasant, the tint is minimal and the moisturizing effects don't last very long. I'm also a little disappointed that a natural brand chooses to use carmine for colouring. It IS natural, but you couldn't say it's cruelty-free. This also leaves quite a matte finish, and I like just a little more shine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 7:05:00 AM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This might very well be my favorite product from Burt's Bees, which I picked up on a whim last winter. I'd been sick for weeks, the kind that leaves your lips dry and chapped, and I wanted something different than my usual Vaseline. A lip balm with pomegranate oil sounded lovely, and rosemary and beeswax finalized my decision. I ripped open the little box as soon as I got home and the lip balm was just heavenly. My experience with lip balms and chapsticks had made me expect it to be either sticky or thick and waxy. This was neither, just satin smooth moisture that sank deep into my very thankful lips. I had also had some unfortunate encounters with watermelon flavored lip products in the late 80s, so I was deeply appreciative that this balm had more scent than taste. I could definitely smell the pomegranate oil, rosemary and something else I swear is some sort of mint, although I can't find it on the list of ingredients. It was just the herbal sort of scent my sore nose could appreciate, soothing and blessedly mild. Although this isn't classified as a tinted balm, it does impart a slight berry flush to the lips, as well as a touch of shine. I went through my first tube within a week because I liked it so much. I still tend to apply more than necessary and re-apply frequently. I like being lavish with it, but it lasts very well when used less. Two tubes later, I finally thought to look on Ebay where I bought 12 brand new balms for the price of one at the drugstore, which was pretty cheap to begin with. This is still my favorite lip balm, although the mango butter and acai berry varieties from Burt's Bees are also great.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by TeaGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite lip balm from the Burt's Bees range. It smells the best, it moisturizes the best and it has the best texture.

The honey one has a scent that's too strong while the beeswax one has a sticky and thick texture that reminds me of hair putty. I didn't like the acia or mango at all. They're gone within minutes of applying. I haven't found any of these to be very moisturizing.

I find that the pomegranate lip balm stays on for a longer than the others and I don't have to reapply it as often. It goes on in a smooth coat and leaves my lips soft and plump.

I don't find that it colours my lips at all. They just look their natural colour.

No breakouts or clogged pores around my lips from this one either!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by sweetiesweetie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I first used eos, because it was all natural. Then the minty stuff in it started to irritate my lips, so I switched to this.

Arguably better, if you can get over the scent of course.

At first it was nasty, then I sucked it up, kept using it, and got over it.

It's been a week and hasn't broke me out of anything, and it looks like it's moisturizing.

When I used eos, every few days I would have patches of flaky skin, this rarely happens with BB (though it does every now and then, but I blame it on my lip eczema)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip balm worked for me, although I was afraid I might get skin allergies because of the lanolin. The scent is wonderful (like pomegranates - duh! and roses), without being fruity. It goes on smoothly and lips stay hydrated for 3-4 hours. It also leaves a healthy colour.

Please remove the lanolin ingredient from your products!

Update: 4/4/2013
This balm has deteriorated a LOT. It goes on cakey now, and looks awful. The scent has also changed and I seem to get some sores around my lips, after using this balm. Bad, bad, bad! Taking a perfect product and ruining it utterly!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by winghin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally dont use chapsticks that often. But I normally purchase different types of chapsticks just to try them out. And when I use them, it's pretty much when my lips are really chapped (bleeding.)

This lip balm's the best out of all I've tried. After I use it once, I can definitely tell the difference. My lips are more hydrated and soft.

The only down side is the smell or taste of it. But, it works! So, I would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants to try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I have chronic dry lips due to a med condition. I was sent this by a friend, along with other BB items. I didn't love this at first. The name suggests the scent/taste will be fruity however in my opinion it isn't at all. I found the actual scent to be somewhat off putting initially, sort of medicinal even but the product really grew on me, here's why, its very moisturizing. Its not too waxy nor too slick but a good balance of both those properties. I actually came to really like it, the scent grew on me and I prefer it now to many overly sweet scented balms which I had become accustomed to. Its simply unlike any other balm I've tried in scent and over all impression.

The feel is lovely, and its long lasting. It has a teeny tint on me, barely there, but I have pigmented lips so they are similar to the shade of the balm and may appear differently on others.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by tailessmermaid

gosh, I love this stuff so much.
It leaves my lips moisturized.
Too bad it's quite pricey compared to other drugstore chapsticks. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lesha

I bought this because I left my Kiehls at home and really needed one. What a waste. I don't like the smell of this lip balm (its like a cheap nasty perfume) and the taste if you get in it your mouth is gross. It feels really thick and waxy on your lips. Also did nothing for my dry lips. I think this might be the 2nd tube of Burts Bee Lip Balm I've tried now and it will be the last.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I recommend this one- very hydrating, slight tint, naturally scented with pomegranate oil and made with natural ingredients.