September 30, 2014 | 1896 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by birdlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is so overpriced and not better than any other tinted lip balm. It is very lightly tinted/super subtle and I also don't find it very moisturizing at all, I'm constantly having to reapply. The level of pomegranate oil in it is also very low and I don't really like the smell. Don't waste your money getting this! Many cheaper lip balms do the same job if not do it better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by PrettyDeath

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The perfect lip balm. It's got a heavenly smell, it tastes the way it smells, and it gives a very light, subtle rosy red tint. It's very moisturizing and lasts a long time. Perfect for those days when you want a touch of blush and lip color.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by lemonz4us

I love(d) this, it gives the right amount of red and the right amount of moisture. I do not credit the Burt's Bees line for being very moisturizing though, i've tried several of their lip balms and had to constantly re apply to get hydration. So i stick to other more organic lip balms for moisture, or even oils like vitamin e or alba's un-petroleum or jack black's lip balms. It's a bit more expensive for a "chapstick" but it's decent. The first time i smelled this i thought it was like wine? i'm not sure how to place the scent. It definitely has a red tint to it. To the top reviewer who said this doesn't have a tint, you're wrong. I'm sorry but you are. This iS tinted red is it not? try smearing some of it on paper, will the paper turn red? YES. SO will your lips, a lip balm's tint WILLtransfer over to your lips no matter if it has an intended color or not. NOTE** for proof of this i used chapsticks peppermint chapstick in high school and i remember my lips turning blue in school, not nice. and it was a blue stick. The strawberry and cherry flavors also give a red tint, because of the red coloring, hence, so will this balm, nothing too drastic --if you dont use a ton-- it doesnt last though. I've moved on to better sticks for color and better balms for moisturizing. Don't be fooled into thinking youre getting a huge benefit because this is labeled as pomegranate (Burt's marketing scheme) . Pomegranate Seed Oil has a lot of anti-oxidants in it and high amounts of Puninic Acid, a fatty acid. but the concentration of it is so low (7th on a list of 12 ingredients) it might not have any benefit at all. In addition it's lack of sunscreen leaves your lips vulnerable to sun damage. Does this mean i hate the product? no, but i have other, better things to use. it's nice to have around if i'm in a pinch and have nothing else to put on.
Ingredients:
helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, lanolin, flavor, punica granatum (pomegranate) oil, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil, carmine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Quite lovely, pretty moisturizing and creamy and not waxy/greasy at all. Does its job!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Blubird23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never been a huge fan of the original Burt's lip balm but I really like this one. It is less waxy than the original, kind of oilier feeling but I like that. Unlike some other reviewers I also like the scent. This moisturizes really well and leaves a very subtle shine and tint.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by sudali

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I am usually not a lip balm kinda gal. I LOVE lipstick lol but I drink so much freaken water the lipstick ends up on my water bottle anyway so I stopped wasting my lipsticks & I tried lip stains but they dried out my lips. I found this bad boy in my drawer & I AM IN LOVE!!! It doesn't really add any color, it just moisturizes so well, I especially need this now that the winter cold is out to get me lol. This doesn't wear off as quickly as my lipstick did when I kept sipping my water. I'm very happy with this! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by heavyboots

I love this balm and I find myself applying often, not because it is not long lasting and I need to, but because I love the scent and feel of it. It also adds a slight reddish tint to my lips. I have re-purchased this many many times.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this stuff. I currently have it in my nightstand drawer and I love to just apply it over and over. So soft and moisturizing!

I have tried my fair share of lip balms and I can say this is one of the best. I'm not really a Burt Bees user but discovered this in a set and fell in love.

I'm using this one and the Honey at the same time. The honey one floats around from room to room whenever I need it. That's rare for a product.... for me to love it so much and have multiples that I'm using at the SAME time. Says a lot for the product.

I want to try other flavors/formulas in the balm to see if they are all equally as pleasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by missyfussy

I absolutely love this! It provides moisture and a little colour to my lips. The pomegranate oil gives a shiny touch as well. I find applying this before lip gloss very helpful as it makes gloss application much easier. This balm won't work for very dry, chapped lips. If you have that, I'd suggest the medicated lip balm from the same brand :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love everything about this lip balm. It feels so creamy going on and gives my lips a little extra colour. I also really enjoy the scent - It's unusual but I find it very pleasant. The price is reasonable and you can easily find it in stores. I hadn't been using it for a while (was using Nivea Hydro Care) and decided to go back to it the other day... Wow, there's a big difference. This one just feels so much more moisturizing, plus it lasts a lot longer. I'd buy this balm again for sure.