April 19, 2014 | 1803 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ISpendAllMyHubbysMoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this foundation for a while and thought it was probably time for a review. I have extremely oily, acne prone skin so it seems that finding a good foundation is nearly impossible for me. This one is close. Although, I have found that just like everything else, this does not help keep the oilies away. Because of my oily skin, the staying power of this foundation is not good. The only other con is the price, I wish I could find something cheaper that performed as well. However - it does NOT break me out and has decent coverage (you'll still need concealer for blemishes and dark circles). Also, it seamlessly blends into skin and it's nice to purchase at places like Sephora so you can get color matched. I will keep purchasing but will be keeping my eye out for a comparable foundation for less of a pricetag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Lnancy20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation is awesome!! I use to use mac studio fix but was too heavy on my face n made me look cakey n plus wldnt last nothing on my face by the 3-4 hr my makeup was gone. Luckily a rep from sephora recommend it this duo mat powder foundation n since then my face is flawless n no cakyness n makeup last all day n no blotting for me no more! Wld definitely buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lilac819

YES! I would buy this product again!!! A little pricey tho ($32), but it is well worth it! I use this powder EVERYDAY with no liquid foundation. I use put on concealer and pat this on my face and I'm off. It gives great coverage and gives a matt finish. It does not break me out, however, Mac Studio tech does. Mac is a horrible product. So many people say that the break out because of mac products, so isn't that enough to say that Mac contains harmful chemicals? MUForever is a good brand, and I'm on my 3rd package. Shade 207 is perfect for me and it lasts about 5-6 hours before I need touch up again. Apply it with a flat top powder brush like the ones from E.L.F (I use this) or Sonia Kashuk for full coverage. One compact lasts me 4-5 months. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
BTW, Laura Mercier powder foundation is even BETTER, but it's $40 bucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by DulceCandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I noticed someone wrote that this product contains bismuth oxychloride, which it DOES NOT!! Check the ingredients. Anyways, I tried this a few months ago in winter and it oxidized on me! Powders never work for me I dont know why. I might try it again now that my oily skin is more under control but so far I've been LOVING my nars sheerglow!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by arbyf12d

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder foundation. I'm not really into powder foundations, or actually, powder foundations in general only because they all make me look cakey. But, I was sold after the worker tried the HD foundation &this Duo Mat Powder to finish off with. I have TONS of acne marks &acne here &there &this just did the trick. Before using this, I've used MAC Studio Fix, Clinique, Shiseido, etc. This out of all.. lasted longer, made my skin look very matte, stayed on all day without me having to retouch &DID NOT make my skin oily at ALL. My skin's very different, I can say that.. it's oily after I've applied makeup, but after I wash my face, put toner &moisturizer, it's very dry. My T-zone tends to get really oily during the day if I've applied makeup &this powder foundation just helps a whole lot. Oh, how I love this powder. I use just this powder since I can't really be using liquid foundations since I do still have acne but, later on when my acne does clear up, I'm definitely going back to Sephora to get the HD liquid foundation. I hope this works as well for you as it did for me. &I also hope this review has helped also. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Kavitacaviezel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product way better than MAC's Studio Fix and Lancome's Dual Finish. This gives superb coverage, even, silky coverage. No Pancake-face here. Gorgeous. I just love it. Will definitely re-buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by nmquinnn

I have oily, olive skin. This has fantastic coverage but my nose does get oily somewhat quickly after applying this. All I have to do is use Maybelline's Dream Matte powder or Clinique's Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector tho & the shine is gone. Did I say this has GREAT, non-mask-like coverage!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by martaalexandrino

I was in love mac studiofix (C40) until I you use this. Is much better than mac. I have a super oily skin and with this I can be up to 5 hours without retouching the oiliness of the face. I think that oxidizes less than the MAC. I found my perfect match for my skin (i used 209) AND IT'S PERFECT!! It's a bit more expensive but worth it. I recommend truly recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by minka00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome. It has great coverage and I could build extra coverage on problem areas. The staying power is fantastic! I wore it all day and touched my face whenever I wanted, then went to the gym and it still covered my redness. It did all that while still looking like I had naturally great skin. I still had to use blotting powder a couple times, but thats normal for me, and i've never found anything that kept me matte for more then 2 hours. I had this for 2 weeks and it seemed like I already had a dent in it, so, I guess this will go pretty quickly with daily use. Which really sucks b/c its about $40. I had to return this after 2 weeks b/c my skin gets dark really easily and the color I got was now too light. If I can find a shade that actually matches, then I will def repurchase (even tho the price sucks..) b/c I have to much difficulty finding something that works for my skin and color.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by machochick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's ok, nice coverage...but messy to work with. It's pressed powder and I can carry it in my purse, but when I swipe my brush over it, a lot of powder goes everywhere. Waste of product. I want to love it but hate the consistency.
It also contains Bismuth Oxychloride and made me break out. So crossing this on my list.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No