Make Up For Ever Duo Mat Powder foundation Powder

3.9

Talc, Dimethicone, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aqua (Water), Dimethiconol, Chlorphenesin, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dicaprylyl Ether, Phenoxyethanol, Cassia Angustifolia Extract (Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide), Parfum (Fragrance), Gellan Gum, Polyglyceryl-2 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Ethylparaben. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

One last Update: Im still loving this foundation, its great it covers well it still helps with my oily combo skin it hasnt broken me out ever. Though i have stopped using this because my makeup bag was stolen :( i would like to repurchase but i just don't feel like its worth it for me right now. I'm kind of on a budget and i would like to get more bang for my buck! i use up the product to quickly for me to keep repurchasing it. one day i will repurchase.

UPDATE!: i suspect that i was having an off day when i tried this the first time (re; the review i wrote first) Sooo I underestimated this powder foundation.
After my first experience with this product i decided i didnt like it too quickly without really giving it a chance. I returned it and started using Laura Merciers powder foundation, that one clogged my pores after everyday use unfortunately. SOO i returned that one and got Duo mat again! in a darker color. I got this in color 203 this time and I just Adore it! Ive been using it everyday for about a month and I'm definitely happy with it! It goes on beautifully and covers my flaws and stays on for quite some time throughout the day. I get kind of oily and i use oil blotting sheets and my makeup doesnt get messed up! I have quite a bit of product left too aand this doesnt clog my pores! :)! It looks like airbrushed makeup flawless and smooth. Aand again if i blot, my makeup stays on. It looks like when i first put it on! :) Wonderful product. I will definitely repurchase! Love love it!

I wanted to like this foundation and I did when I first put it on.. I went to sephora yesterday to buy it after reading great reviews about it. Its not a bad product its just not for me. It covers well, everything, redness discoloration on my chin from acne scarring to a minor pimple here or there, like a dream. Soo my skin: combination; oily here dry there I have what looks to be pretty normal skin but maybe a half hour after washing it it starts getting oily mainly down my nose and forehead, and dry on the cheeks. Sometimes my skin gets flaky on my nose and cheeks so I have to put a good moisturizer on something to control the oily areas too though. So first of all the foundation in the compact looks darker than what it really is once u put it on your skin, so you probably want to try it on in person in the store or where ever before u decide on a color. For refrence im an NC35 in mac powder fdtn. BUT I believe I got number 201 first, it was way too light!. This founation, MUFE that is, has silicone oils in it btw it says so on the box and its purpose it for the foundation to smooth onto the skin better. ANYWAYS upon initial application it looks powdery Almost too powdery (but not chalk like) while still covering everything u want it to. That goes away after about 20 minutes or so, for me (u can spray water on your face to make the powdery look go away, something i Didn't try). Later the foundation starts to look dewy. Quick note, my skin doesnt get very oily it gets slightly oily. This dewy look wasnt overwhelming as some would suspect from reading this review it was a rather healthy dewy look all over my face that i personally didnt like. (though keep in mind the foundation was still on my skin and covering my flaws). Good Luck on your search for a foundation that works for you! :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I am in love with this powder, and I use a lot of different types, brands, by far, this is one of the best. It gives you a light glow with lights, and it is not shimmer, it's a nice glow, not oily look, its just great and I do have this in my purse, but I don't even need touch up throughout the day. Better result if you have oily skin tone.

on 8/1/2010 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is very good, is very very matte, controls oils and the face don't cake! is very pricey but has a good range of colors. I'm now using the mark powder buff foundation and i got the same coverage and my face looks natural and oil free and is only 10 dollars and don't cause my face breakout!

on 7/24/2010 1:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Let me start by describing my skin.
I have a medium yellow undertoned (asian) skin, acne prone and combination with an oily tzone.
I bought this product in shade 209... (a little bit too dark for me actually).
1. I find the coverage quite buildable, and it can cover a lot! HOWEVER, the powder makes pimples look very obvious on the skin (like a moon's surface), especially when under the sun.
2. I was wearing a white dress one very hot, humid day and was SHOCKED to see the foundation has transferred terribly onto my clothes by the end of the day. It melts of my face after about an hour under the sun (it ran down with my sweat :S)
3. It will accentuate wrinkles when applied too much around the eyes. I am 16 and have no wrinkles but when I try to build the foundation it looks so cakey and unnatural, especially around my eyes!
4. For the price I expected much more quality in this product.
5. Oh and it broke me out! big time! so acne prone people out there... be careful!

the only pro about this is that it is wonderful at keeping my face fully matte!

Eyes: Violet

I've tired many many powder foundations and this one is one of the best by far. First off, the selection of shades they have is impressive. I ended up getting 202 Translucent Beige (great for asian skin). It goes on so smoothly and the coverage is amazing. It's buildable coverage so I add more on day where my skin is not looking so hot. I even use this as a concealer with a concealer brush on places where I need it.

For a foundation, its not too pricy considering its something you use everyday. I totally love this product!

on 7/12/2010 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

im nc30 and i got this in #207 and i must say its too dark for me the #205 its too light. this powder is buidable but a bit heavy and the packaging is cheap. i dont think this hold my greasy face. wish they had more color selection.. i won't spend my money on their powder foundations

on 6/22/2010 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I will begin by saying, I really wanted this product to work me. I bought this product in the shade 207 and it was a perfect match to my skin tone. (I have a really hard time finding foundation shades.) I have oily skin and this kept the oils at bay. HOWEVER, this product completely screwed up my skin! It made me get the most unsightly dry brown gray patches around my chin. Sadly, it went right back to sephora.

I've been using this foundation for a while and thought it was probably time for a review. I have extremely oily, acne prone skin so it seems that finding a good foundation is nearly impossible for me. This one is close. Although, I have found that just like everything else, this does not help keep the oilies away. Because of my oily skin, the staying power of this foundation is not good. The only other con is the price, I wish I could find something cheaper that performed as well. However - it does NOT break me out and has decent coverage (you'll still need concealer for blemishes and dark circles). Also, it seamlessly blends into skin and it's nice to purchase at places like Sephora so you can get color matched. I will keep purchasing but will be keeping my eye out for a comparable foundation for less of a pricetag.

on 6/14/2010 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This powder foundation is awesome!! I use to use mac studio fix but was too heavy on my face n made me look cakey n plus wldnt last nothing on my face by the 3-4 hr my makeup was gone. Luckily a rep from sephora recommend it this duo mat powder foundation n since then my face is flawless n no cakyness n makeup last all day n no blotting for me no more! Wld definitely buy it again

on 6/12/2010 1:14:00 AM

YES! I would buy this product again!!! A little pricey tho ($32), but it is well worth it! I use this powder EVERYDAY with no liquid foundation. I use put on concealer and pat this on my face and I'm off. It gives great coverage and gives a matt finish. It does not break me out, however, Mac Studio tech does. Mac is a horrible product. So many people say that the break out because of mac products, so isn't that enough to say that Mac contains harmful chemicals? MUForever is a good brand, and I'm on my 3rd package. Shade 207 is perfect for me and it lasts about 5-6 hours before I need touch up again. Apply it with a flat top powder brush like the ones from E.L.F (I use this) or Sonia Kashuk for full coverage. One compact lasts me 4-5 months. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
BTW, Laura Mercier powder foundation is even BETTER, but it's $40 bucks.