October 26, 2014 | 1171 users online

Powder - Make Up For Ever - Duo Mat Powder foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by thelavenderninja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Violet

I've tired many many powder foundations and this one is one of the best by far. First off, the selection of shades they have is impressive. I ended up getting 202 Translucent Beige (great for asian skin). It goes on so smoothly and the coverage is amazing. It's buildable coverage so I add more on day where my skin is not looking so hot. I even use this as a concealer with a concealer brush on places where I need it.

For a foundation, its not too pricy considering its something you use everyday. I totally love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2010 12:46:00 AM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

im nc30 and i got this in #207 and i must say its too dark for me the #205 its too light. this powder is buidable but a bit heavy and the packaging is cheap. i dont think this hold my greasy face. wish they had more color selection.. i won't spend my money on their powder foundations

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by NITU

I will begin by saying, I really wanted this product to work me. I bought this product in the shade 207 and it was a perfect match to my skin tone. (I have a really hard time finding foundation shades.) I have oily skin and this kept the oils at bay. HOWEVER, this product completely screwed up my skin! It made me get the most unsightly dry brown gray patches around my chin. Sadly, it went right back to sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ISpendAllMyHubbysMoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this foundation for a while and thought it was probably time for a review. I have extremely oily, acne prone skin so it seems that finding a good foundation is nearly impossible for me. This one is close. Although, I have found that just like everything else, this does not help keep the oilies away. Because of my oily skin, the staying power of this foundation is not good. The only other con is the price, I wish I could find something cheaper that performed as well. However - it does NOT break me out and has decent coverage (you'll still need concealer for blemishes and dark circles). Also, it seamlessly blends into skin and it's nice to purchase at places like Sephora so you can get color matched. I will keep purchasing but will be keeping my eye out for a comparable foundation for less of a pricetag.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Lnancy20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation is awesome!! I use to use mac studio fix but was too heavy on my face n made me look cakey n plus wldnt last nothing on my face by the 3-4 hr my makeup was gone. Luckily a rep from sephora recommend it this duo mat powder foundation n since then my face is flawless n no cakyness n makeup last all day n no blotting for me no more! Wld definitely buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 1:14:00 AM More reviews by lilac819

YES! I would buy this product again!!! A little pricey tho ($32), but it is well worth it! I use this powder EVERYDAY with no liquid foundation. I use put on concealer and pat this on my face and I'm off. It gives great coverage and gives a matt finish. It does not break me out, however, Mac Studio tech does. Mac is a horrible product. So many people say that the break out because of mac products, so isn't that enough to say that Mac contains harmful chemicals? MUForever is a good brand, and I'm on my 3rd package. Shade 207 is perfect for me and it lasts about 5-6 hours before I need touch up again. Apply it with a flat top powder brush like the ones from E.L.F (I use this) or Sonia Kashuk for full coverage. One compact lasts me 4-5 months. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
BTW, Laura Mercier powder foundation is even BETTER, but it's $40 bucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/27/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by DulceCandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I noticed someone wrote that this product contains bismuth oxychloride, which it DOES NOT!! Check the ingredients. Anyways, I tried this a few months ago in winter and it oxidized on me! Powders never work for me I dont know why. I might try it again now that my oily skin is more under control but so far I've been LOVING my nars sheerglow!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 9:20:00 PM More reviews by arbyf12d

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this powder foundation. I'm not really into powder foundations, or actually, powder foundations in general only because they all make me look cakey. But, I was sold after the worker tried the HD foundation &this Duo Mat Powder to finish off with. I have TONS of acne marks &acne here &there &this just did the trick. Before using this, I've used MAC Studio Fix, Clinique, Shiseido, etc. This out of all.. lasted longer, made my skin look very matte, stayed on all day without me having to retouch &DID NOT make my skin oily at ALL. My skin's very different, I can say that.. it's oily after I've applied makeup, but after I wash my face, put toner &moisturizer, it's very dry. My T-zone tends to get really oily during the day if I've applied makeup &this powder foundation just helps a whole lot. Oh, how I love this powder. I use just this powder since I can't really be using liquid foundations since I do still have acne but, later on when my acne does clear up, I'm definitely going back to Sephora to get the HD liquid foundation. I hope this works as well for you as it did for me. &I also hope this review has helped also. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Kavitacaviezel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product way better than MAC's Studio Fix and Lancome's Dual Finish. This gives superb coverage, even, silky coverage. No Pancake-face here. Gorgeous. I just love it. Will definitely re-buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by nmquinnn

I have oily, olive skin. This has fantastic coverage but my nose does get oily somewhat quickly after applying this. All I have to do is use Maybelline's Dream Matte powder or Clinique's Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector tho & the shine is gone. Did I say this has GREAT, non-mask-like coverage!!