October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by lmad5989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently switched from the HD foundation to the matte. The HD didn't have great coverage and it made my face super oily. I applied the matte foundation with a sponge, and I love it! Great coverage, and no worries about patting down my face. If you have oily skin, this is great for it. Applying it with a sponge is the best way to go. It gives off an airbrush look!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by nirvana9

i don't find mat velvet to be overly mattifying. i've found myself dewy after the first couple of hours wearing this. so the name misled me. that said, on me i find it to be a natural looking foundation. the coverage is medium and i don't find it cakey or thick. it does try fast however so definitely consider that when applying. i might repurchase because i have a decent shade match in this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My opinions sway back and forth on this one. I am around an NC25-NC30 right now, although I'm really neutral toned I like yellow tones. I use #40. I have extremely oily skin, and I tried EL Double Wear, Revlon CS, Dior Forever, and many powder foundations including Mac SF powder.

Pros: by far the best matte finish of all matte foundations. It really does live up to it's name of being velvety. It's a smoother, buttery type of matte rather than flat, dry paint matte texture like EL Double Wear. It is full coverage upon two or three applications. The bottle is very hygienic as well.

Cons: awful color range, especially for yellow tones. All the shades have this unflattering greyish beige tint to it (perhaps the mattifying ingredients cause it) and it just makes the complexion look dull and almost dead. Also, the staying power is pretty bad. It started melting away from my nose and chin within a few hours and by the end of the work day, it was fading from my face and just made me look dirty.

Without blotting or powdering, I broke shine within about 4 hours. That's a little better than the 2 hours I start getting oily with other foundations.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/10/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Meloen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have very oily skin and this product doesn't help at all ! 20 min. after application it starts to get oily :/

I even tried it with : Urban Decay setting spray (still oily)
Urban Decay: De-slick mattifying powder (oily)
Their own expensive primer : Make-up forever "All Mat" (very oily!)

So, basically..never again. Waste of my money.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by glllkt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is perfect for oily/ acne prone skin. It provides me with total coverage over spots, and with a light gel primer underneath it stays for hours and looks perfect all night. (Just make sure to wash thoroughly before bedtime, because primer + foundation for a long period of time will clog pores and can lead to breakouts). For daytime use I skip the primer and just use it for spot and under eye coverage, which works great too!

I'm not a person who spends a lot of money on expensive cosmetics, but to me, this foundation is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used to have really oily/acne-prone skin before I went on Accutane and I didn't want to risk buying drugstore makeup and honestly I saw this foundation in a magazine and I wanted to try it out for myself.
I bought shade #55 and buying this foundation was the best choice of my life. It gives me such a flawless finish with any brush that I use and it doesn't feel cakey at all. It lasts so long as well. I put it on in the morning and go to school and even after school my face still looks matte and perfect. I've been using this foundation for about half a year and it's never really caused any breakouts aside from my usual ones.
This is my favorite foundation ever!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used this foundation regularly a few years ago. The lighest shade matched my very fair skin perfectly and stayed true to color throughout wear. I have very oily skin, and prefer matte foundations as my natural oil breaks through and give me a sheen within a few hours anyway. It was a bit heavy for every day wear, and I switched to the HG Foundation when it came out, but I would not have a problem buying this again. It's a very nice founation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by staceyymae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation so much!
I've been using it for 2 years and haven't considered anything else!
I have oily and acne prone skin and this doesn't break me out!
There is a lot of choice for colours to chose from and i found mine is a perfect match (i'm shade 15)
It last all day (i set with powder)
it doesn't leave me oily during the day and if its a hot day (i live in Australia) i would only have to blot once!
The foundation is the perfect coverage and i only out a bit of concealer if i'm having a bad skin day!
The only problem is the price, i pay $60 for it but i'm willing to pay more because of the quality and how it treats my skin etc

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by MacLips123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

First off i would like to say that i'm 16 years old & happen to have the very oily & mild acne prone skin, That mostly everybody goes through when there in highschool i have been using the [Revelon Color Stay] Since i have started wearing make up, It's one of the best foudations it's full coverage and its the best! I happened to want a (mattifying) foundation since i get so oily and i find myself trying so hard to find mattifying products in the store. Recently i went to sephora and happened to see this foundation & i got it, the price was kinda high i think it was atleast 30-40$ but i bought it anyway it was kinda hard trying to find my color because the color that is on the bottle isnt what it looks like when you pour out the foundation on your hands. But i went home & tryed out this foundation with the (Urban decay) Control setting pray (Oil control) and then one day i tryed it without it i found myself struggling to keep the foundation on my skin it was so thin & i couldn't get it to be the (FULL COVERAGE) that i needed so. I finally some what got this on my face & through out the day i found myself more oily then ever with this foundation & yes i did put setting powder on with this & i was still oily the smell of it was terrible & i think this isnt worth nothing TERRIBLEE!!!! Don't buy! Im sticking to my nice color stay ! :D

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by SammiXo

This foundation is truly amazing!! When u put it on your skin it blends so easily and when it dries it leaves a matte finish and my skin feels so soft. I just use a wet sponge to apply. This last all day long and keeps my skin from getting to oily. I have combo skin and I work very long hours and this stuff really holds up to the heat. I like the packaging it's nice how you squeeze it out so u aren't wasting any product. Love this stuff it's differently worth the money