October 30, 2014 | 1550 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Philosophy - The Present Clear Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by poopichia

The tube lasted me half a year and I actually managed to finish it which is a fantastic record for me cos I tend to use 10% of most of the products I buy and then junk them. Its much better to use it alone as a sorta foundation and with a light dusting of loose powder with some concealer on top if required, gets cakey if you apply 'real' foundation on top of it. Am on my 2nd tube now and will most likely continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by honeyflash

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this not as a make-up primer but more as an everyday lotion. I must admit I love it! When I first got it I only applied it to half of my face because for me it's really hard to be open and honest to see the true results or the difference of a product. I was blown away! I have large pores and this minimized my pores like no other product has, it smoothed out my skin and like the product described gave me air-brushed looking skin. There was a huge difference from the side that I had applied The Present Clear Makeup and from the side I hadn't, I saw the results and the difference was amazing. This has become my favorite product I've come across and for how well it works for me I can even look past the price.

I haven't used it with any of my powders or foundations so I can't speak on that behalf. I did use it with my Vincent Longo Cream Concealer and my wrinkles around the eyes were none existent.

I LOVE AND ABSOLUTELY AODRE THIS! A must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by cigarettesandviolets

I love this.

It makes my skin look amazing, I've stopped wearing foundation (which was the main reason I tried this product). My skin feels soft and looks great without having any obvious make up on. It does also make my pores less noticeable.

Expensive but totally worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by pinkngreenpirate

I really like this stuff! I hate wearing foundation or heavy powder, and this is great for evening my skin out with a little bit of blush over it. I also have pretty oily skin, and this seems to help with that. So far, I've only used it in winter weather, so I'm interested to see how it holds up in the summer heat and humidity.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by melliexp

This is the first makeup primer that I have tried and I didn't feel like it make a difference in keeping my makeup on the entire day at all. It does make my skin softer for makeup application, but it doesnt do anything for the actual makeup application. My makeup looks cakey after applying it on after the primer. By the way, make sure you dont use too much... if you do, it becomes pretty greasy. You should definitely wait at least 2 minutes before applying your makeup. I dont recommend this, and will continue my search on finding another primer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Maybe I used too much (I'm sure I did), but this dried to a powdery, unnatural finish. Putting liquid foundation over it made for a cakey, horrible mess that I had to remove completely. I can't see what this is useful for except perhaps very oily but otherwise perfect skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 12:53:00 PM More reviews by ekelur

I was excited to use this sample, as I used this product for a while 10 years ago and at the time had no place to purchase it again, and then forgot about it. This time, I used it for about a week. Put on a tiny amount, and it did make my skin look soft and finished. I just dusted a bit of MAC Mineralize over top, and my face looked good all day. By day 5, I was getting oily around my nose, and my pores were looking clogged. I had to stop using this and slap on the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask to get the stuff out. I didn't have this problem with Smashbox Photo Finish. Oh well. I missed the pine tree smell, but I didn't wait 33 years to get rid of my oily nose only to get it back in a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample. I was very pleased to find an oil-free primer that wasn’t as expensive as Smashbox’s Light (oil-free) Primer ($36 for 1 oz), this one is $25 for 2 oz (not cheap, but not as bad as it could be). The Present can also be used as a morning or night moisturizer on its own, and claims to fill lines and wrinkles; I only used it as a primer over my regular moisturizer (currently Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel) and I don't have any wrinkles, yet, so I can't comment on that product claim. The texture feels a bit thick at first but blends over moisturizer thin, light and very easily. My skin is oily, break-out prone, but also sensitive. You wait 2 full minutes for the primer to set/dry. After the two minutes, my skin has a velvety soft, smooth feel and a matte finish (which I really like). My mineral makeup already glided on easily, I did not notice any additional ease of application. However it was easier to cover blemishes with makeup when I use the primer. The biggest pro for this product was that my makeup lasted longer and stayed “fresh” longer, keeping oil at bay for several hours (8-10), rather than 4-6 without primer. I have nothing negative to say about this product! I have already purchased a full-size tube. (And I like that is comes in a tube. Better for hygienic purposes and for travel.)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2008 5:40:00 AM More reviews by barkercakes

there is a good possiblitliy i have been using this product wrong, but if i have to wait more than 10 minutes for it to dry so my foundation dosnt turn into white gunk, then its simoky not worth it. Everytime i have tried to use it, it makes my foundation damn near impossible to get looking normal. It clumps in weird spots and never looks smooth. but like i said, maybe im just using it wrong.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2008 10:29:00 PM More reviews by anotheremptysky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing! I was skeptical because really, that sounds like it's too good to be true. I've used it under makeup and alone. I don't really like it under my liquid clinique foundation because for some reason it doesn't blend in as well. but I really like it under mineral makeup powder. it really does even out my skin tone and minimize my pores. it seems to get rid of redness too. a problem I was having with the MMU is that I'd get shiny at the end of the day. this keeps me matte and gorgeous!! I would definitely buy it again, it's amazing. no breakouts for my sensitive skin either. on the weekends, I just wear this and concealer!