Philosophy The Present Clear Makeup

3.4

Water (aqua), Cyclomethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Dimethicone, Lysozyme, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil (lavender), Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 5/30/2008 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Eh... very OK. Doesn't do anything special. I have definitely used better primers than this. Maybe this would be a good primer for very oily skin, but I don't have very oily skin so I'm not sure. I wish I could offer more input, but this is a very average product.

on 5/8/2008 12:37:00 PM

In my family, I am notoriously called "shiney face" so I was eager to give this primer a try. Started using this during the winter and so far it seems to work. I don't wear foundation, but I noticed it was really hard to get my normal daily moisturizer to absorb once I applied this stuff. So, as strange as it sounds, I apply the moisturizer first, then this primer. If I apply in the morning, my forehead is still ok/matte by noon but you can see the pores on my nose after ~2hrs, so I have to reapply. By end of the day, my face overall (w/ exception of nose) is ok, not the oil shine slick it used to be! even my nose is not too bad. The biggest "con" to this product is it is REALLY hard to wash off. I used to just use baby wipes/face cloths but with this, I need the full suds/soap routine. Not a dealbreaker for me. Love the lemony fresh odor. The price is pretty equivalent, if not slightly cheaper, than the other primers out on market (excluding drugstore brands). I will have to see how well this works as the hotter summer months approach.

on 5/7/2008 11:11:00 PM

It doesn't do anything bad (causing breakouts, drying out my skin, etc) but I don't think it does anything it calims it does. My skin feel soft after putting this on but I don't see any improvement on the visibility of pores which is the main reason I use a primer.... my skin looks exactly the same before and after... won't buy it again.

on 5/6/2008 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

It makes my skin smooth, but doesn't cover any wrinkles or pores. It's good as a primer for mineral foundation since it makes skin surface more even. But besides that, there's nothing special about this. The company claims that it can be used as an oil free moisturizer, but if I wanted a moisturizer I have tons of better options at cheaper prices. And it aldo gets oily and somewhat sticky as time goes by.

on 5/3/2008 12:57:00 AM

Makes your skin feel amazing!!

The only piece of advice I'd say is that The Supernatural Poreless Flawless is basically the exact same product but it contains SPF whereas The Present does not. If you buy The Supernatural Poreless Flawless, don't be turned off by the peachy-almost orangish tone of the cream, it blends in to match ANY skin tone perfectly. Believe me, I have VERY pale skin and it works great for me.

on 4/22/2008 9:26:00 PM

This did absolutely nothing that it claimed it would. It didn't fill in any wrinkles or lines, didn't minimize my pores, and worst of all it didn't prolong the life of my make-up. When I complained at the counter they cautioned that it should be used only with oil free moisturizer, which I was sure I was wearing. They suggested I try it over their "Hope in a Jar." I did and all I got for my effort was a moisturizer I despised and a non-priming primer.

This was the first makeup primer I ever purchased and I must say I wasn't too impressed. It really didn't do much for my face and the smell was horrible. The only noticable thing it did was make the application of foundation smoother. I don't have an issue with large pores so perhaps that is why I didn't notice a difference. In any case, it didn't work for me.

on 4/5/2008 1:38:00 PM

The tube lasted me half a year and I actually managed to finish it which is a fantastic record for me cos I tend to use 10% of most of the products I buy and then junk them. Its much better to use it alone as a sorta foundation and with a light dusting of loose powder with some concealer on top if required, gets cakey if you apply 'real' foundation on top of it. Am on my 2nd tube now and will most likely continue to buy it.

on 4/4/2008 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this not as a make-up primer but more as an everyday lotion. I must admit I love it! When I first got it I only applied it to half of my face because for me it's really hard to be open and honest to see the true results or the difference of a product. I was blown away! I have large pores and this minimized my pores like no other product has, it smoothed out my skin and like the product described gave me air-brushed looking skin. There was a huge difference from the side that I had applied The Present Clear Makeup and from the side I hadn't, I saw the results and the difference was amazing. This has become my favorite product I've come across and for how well it works for me I can even look past the price.

I haven't used it with any of my powders or foundations so I can't speak on that behalf. I did use it with my Vincent Longo Cream Concealer and my wrinkles around the eyes were none existent.

I LOVE AND ABSOLUTELY AODRE THIS! A must have for me.

I love this.

It makes my skin look amazing, I've stopped wearing foundation (which was the main reason I tried this product). My skin feels soft and looks great without having any obvious make up on. It does also make my pores less noticeable.

Expensive but totally worth it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors