July 22, 2014 | 1102 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Magnif'Eyes Eye Magnifier Eye Opening

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 9:05:00 PM More reviews by angelsierra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this mascara and I was truthfully surprised by the reviews. This mascara doesn't straighten my lashes or anything of the sort. Quite the contrary, my lashes stay curly (they are naturally curly though) and there is an eye-opening effect. It also makes my lashes bold and thick. I can't describe it but my eyes just look awesome when I am wearing this mascara. The only thing is that it dries out my lashes so I can't wear it everyday. But other than that, this is amazing for $5!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2007 1:32:00 PM More reviews by rhg1

WOW! Another great product from my newly beloved Target. (i've been a high-end fool all my life). This gives length without looking at all false. It makes lashes look so pretty and at the same time natural. It really does open up your eyes as the packaging says. I couldn't be happier. Good on Rimmel. They have some great stuff. (love love love their compact powder foundation in sand).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2007 3:47:00 AM More reviews by huongmoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just started using this and it's probably the best mascara by far because the Ultra Black is really really black. I'm not really loving the brush because it's so small and it doesn't really seem to hold the curl very well and it doesn't seem to go on that smooth but I'll give it some time. I'm still undecided about it but I like if for the most part. I'm still trying to find a mascara I really like.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2007 3:34:00 PM More reviews by rocknrollangel78

Well the one good thing I can say about this product is that the black is super dark. It makes my eyelashes really stand out. Now for the downside. I noticed that right away this mascara started to get all clumpy on the mascara brush and it was very hard to apply without having to use a eyelash comb to get the clumps out. It does dry rather quicky which makes it hard to comb through. Overall I wouldn't buy this item again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2007 1:11:00 AM More reviews by lotusblossom2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this mascara b/c Rimmel was BOGO. This mascara dries out my lashes, does not hold curl, definitely does not thicken, and barely lengthens. It also smears like a mother... will not purchase it again, and will probably throw the tube I have away.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by DescendingAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been searching for an affordable mascara for awhile now and I am very discerning. I absolutely love Benefit BadGal but i can't reason spending $25 CAN on a tiny little tube that I'm supposed to throw out after three months. So...the search began. Maybelline great lash left me looking like a raccoon, L'Oreal Volume Shocking, shockingly made me look like a drag queen and I found peace with Rimmel's eye magnifier (I tried a lot more, but don't need to trash them all! - I also liked lash out, but that one was a while ago).

The rubber brush (which comes separate in case you want to be extra hygenic and clean it), glides the product on with great ease. It curls as promised and lengthens (I have tiny little lashes). I would definitley use this as a happy alternative to my beloved BadGal. It's buildable, so you can make it more dramatic, but no matter how much I build it, it doesn't get cakey. Plus, it seems to stay on really well.

I'm very happy with this find and will be sticking to it until I make my first million when I will switch to mascara that costs almost five times (yes, that's 5 times!) as much!

Big, open eye, full, long lashes without looking like I have a tarantula on my face....I think I'll keep it.

UPDATE::: I 've had the mascara for a bit now and the brush is not working. The product comes out thick and clumpy. I don't think it's the mascara itself, but that Rimmel cheaped out on the brush (bristles are too big would be my guess). Will not repurchase! Too bad!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2007 10:34:00 PM More reviews by courtchick54

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

bought this since my usual rimmel mascara was out of stock at the olde wal mart. liked it at first but after a couple weeks, the wand started losing its "bristles." now i have a handle with a two-bristled stick at the end. shame on me, but i used the wand out of my other mascara to get the rest of the product out. not happy about that but if they improve the wand i would make this my one and only mascara. the black/brown shade needs to be less black/more brown. stayed on and didn't smudge or flake, even in the dead of summer in coastal SC.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2007 9:50:00 PM More reviews by grapevines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is just what you would expect from drugstore beauty products.
- It's slightly dry.
- Like another reviewer mentioned, it seemed like it straightened my eyelashes (even after curling them).
- Goes on clumpy.
+ After combing with an eyelash brush, it looks decent.
Overall, I wouldn't purchase this product again nor would I recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2007 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Roby

Brown 002. Not a true brown, more of a black/brown. Target was out of my HC Rimmel Lycra Lash Extender, so I decided to try this. It really lengthens and holds a curl, just like LLE, but the only thing that I don't like it that towards the end of the day it flakes. I do wear this with Shiseido mascara base.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by mcv714