Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

on 7/18/2011 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not bad... but not great. I don't normally eat all natural yogurt, so I borrowed my mom's to try this out.

Maybe it was the fact that hers was 1% yogurt that made this so ... disappointing, but either way, i didn't notice any difference.

Granted, I'm 15 and have very clear skin as it is, but still... it's not perfect, and this did nothing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I usually keep some Fage Greek Yogurt in the fridge but I had no idea that I could use it as a face mask until recently. I scooped some into a bowl and added some used coffee grounds from brewing coffee that morning (Starbucks Cafe Verona) and made a paste. I rinsed my skin with warm water, patted dry, and applied the mixture onto my face. After about 15 minutes, I took it off and my skin was sooo much smoother and softer. My skin just looked... nourished. I definitely saw/felt a difference in my skin texture (probably from the lactic acid?). I definitely recommend this to anyone with bumpy, problem skin as a refining/retexturizing mask. It worked great for me and I will continue to use this a few times a week.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love using greek yogurt with honey in it, smells nicer than the original and feels amazing. I used it a few days ago and my breakouts have since cleared up quite a bit, i'm not sure the two are related though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use greek yogurt and some honey/lemon juice. First time I used this mask, my skin was left looking and feeling AMAZING.
After the initial use, my skin still reacted nicely. Though, I left it on for too long (30 minutes, maybe a bit more) and broke out mildly. Never made that mistake again.
I leave it on for 15 minutes the most and it works just fine. Nothing life changing though.
I may need to change up the kind of honey I use for a better effect.

on 7/15/2011 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I broke out HORRIBLY. Smelled disgusting too.

on 7/13/2011 12:37:00 AM

The smell is a little hard to sit through but it's definitely worth it! My skin feels super soft and moisturised after drenching my face with this for 20 minutes. I leave it out for a few minutes before putting it on so it's not too cold when I put it on. The cooling, tingling sensation is really refreshing and I can't recommend this enough! I don't feel guilty when I do either - it's not as though it'll break the bank!

I make my own yogurt facial, usually once a month, whenever I have time. Altho my skin has had many changes this past two years, this works well for me even now. A lot of the skin care products that were my HG have stopped working so...here is what I do.

Clean my face with bottled water (not tap).
Pat dry and apply yogurt. Massage and wait for the yogurt to dry.
After a few mins, apply honey. Careful coz it does not suit everyone. I recommend organic honey.
Apply some grated cucumber on the honey, it will stick.

I usually do some chores around the house and take a shower. I wash my face last of all, and the hot steam in the shower helps soften my skin further. It is soothing and a slight glow is noticeable afterwards :)

on 7/4/2011 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Leave it on my face for 15 minutes and it makes my skin super smooth, minimizes my poors and adds a nice glow to my face. I also hear that it has anti-aging properties, which is an awesome bonus!

on 7/4/2011 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yogurt to the rescue! After a run-in with a too-harsh facial cleanser left my face red and stinging, I was desperate to find something to calm down my skin. I remembered reading that yogurt was good for "stressed" skin. My face certainly fit that description. I pulled the tub of Greek yogurt out of the fridge and slathered a thin layer of goop over my face. There was a nice cooling sensation (although, coming right out of the fridge, it was *almost* too cold). More importantly, fifteen minutes later, it had dried and after washing it off, my face feels so much better. It's not 100% back to normal, but it is at maybe 70%, which is much better than it would have been on its own. I am so relieved. Plus, the yogurt seems to have softened my skin. It's practically glowing. I will absolutely be doing this again, and trying to convince my friends and sisters to give it a try when they have similar situations.

on 7/1/2011 8:53:00 PM

Wow. This is the best face mask I've ever used. After trying this, my moisturizing face masks from Clarins and Chanel don't get any use anymore.

First, some info about my skin: fair (NC20), formerly oily and acne-prone but now normal/dry since I'm on Accutane. During the winter it gets really dry and flaky.

I recently had terrible breakouts from a sunscreen (LRP Anthelios AC SPF40) that looked like a million clogged pores in my cheeks. I had to apply topical steroids for about a month until the irritation got a little better, but I still had lots of tiny whiteheads and nothing (salycilic acid, Differin, glycolic acid) helped me get rid of that.

So I decided to try the yogurt mask, mainly because I was afraid that the "regular" masks would break me out even more.
I use this about 3 times a week, for 30 minutes. When my skin is extra dry I mix it with 1/2 tbsp of honey and 2-3 drops of extra virgin olive oil.
Two weeks later, the breakouts on my cheeks were 90% gone. I'll be honest, I can't say they're 100% gone, after all the breakouts were pretty bad and I can't expect a miracle, but I almost can't notice them anymore and my skin texture is much more even.
I also noticed that it helped me a lot with my dry skin issues and it gives my face a glow that no other face masks have ever given.
I have used 0%fat yogurt and I liked it too, but for dry skin the full fat yogurt is definetely much better.

Tip:
I like to get the "dry" parts of the yogurt that get on the top of the cup (if your yogurt comes with a metallic seal, you know what I mean - the yogurt that accumulates there! Yeah, it sounds a little gross). It's much more dense and creamy, and therefore more moisturizing.

Popular Masks