Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

on 8/2/2011 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

ADULT ACNE SUFFERERS, I DESPERATELY URGE YOU TO READ THIS, THANK YOU!

Okay, let me first begin by saying... I did not always have acne, in fact... as a teen my skin was envied. I began noticing a change from normal/dry skin to seeing more and more acne develop from age 19 to now, age 23. I have spent more money and time than I'd care to recall on acne products. I have cried over this problem and lost so much self esteem. I barely go anywhere (besides to the gym) without a ton of concealer and foundation to cover marks. It's a painful and embarrassing thing to go through, no matter how common it may be. ANYWAY! I began doing a yogurt mask about 3 weeks ago and my skin is slowly but surely getting brighter, clearer, smoother and just... back to "normal"... I make different mixes but basically the recipe comes down to 2% Fage Greek Yogurt, Honey, A bit of milk/cream (whatever is available, to thin it out) and I sometimes will add lemon juice and/or mashed strawberries. I leave it on anywhere from 15-45 minutes depending on how much time I have. I have done it 2 times even in a day. I really don't know why someone would hesitate to try this because it's really cheap, easy to make and WORKS! I urge you, whoever you are, if you suffer from acne, please try this. It may be the answer to your prayers.

on 7/26/2011 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Amazing mask! I use Fage Greek Yogurt, at least 2% if not full fat, and I add some turmeric to it. I usually leave it on for at least half an hour if not longer, and it has definitely helped with breakouts and dry skin! I will continue to do this every other night - it's worth it!

on 7/18/2011 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Not bad... but not great. I don't normally eat all natural yogurt, so I borrowed my mom's to try this out.

Maybe it was the fact that hers was 1% yogurt that made this so ... disappointing, but either way, i didn't notice any difference.

Granted, I'm 15 and have very clear skin as it is, but still... it's not perfect, and this did nothing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I usually keep some Fage Greek Yogurt in the fridge but I had no idea that I could use it as a face mask until recently. I scooped some into a bowl and added some used coffee grounds from brewing coffee that morning (Starbucks Cafe Verona) and made a paste. I rinsed my skin with warm water, patted dry, and applied the mixture onto my face. After about 15 minutes, I took it off and my skin was sooo much smoother and softer. My skin just looked... nourished. I definitely saw/felt a difference in my skin texture (probably from the lactic acid?). I definitely recommend this to anyone with bumpy, problem skin as a refining/retexturizing mask. It worked great for me and I will continue to use this a few times a week.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love using greek yogurt with honey in it, smells nicer than the original and feels amazing. I used it a few days ago and my breakouts have since cleared up quite a bit, i'm not sure the two are related though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use greek yogurt and some honey/lemon juice. First time I used this mask, my skin was left looking and feeling AMAZING.
After the initial use, my skin still reacted nicely. Though, I left it on for too long (30 minutes, maybe a bit more) and broke out mildly. Never made that mistake again.
I leave it on for 15 minutes the most and it works just fine. Nothing life changing though.
I may need to change up the kind of honey I use for a better effect.

on 7/15/2011 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I broke out HORRIBLY. Smelled disgusting too.

on 7/13/2011 12:37:00 AM

The smell is a little hard to sit through but it's definitely worth it! My skin feels super soft and moisturised after drenching my face with this for 20 minutes. I leave it out for a few minutes before putting it on so it's not too cold when I put it on. The cooling, tingling sensation is really refreshing and I can't recommend this enough! I don't feel guilty when I do either - it's not as though it'll break the bank!

I make my own yogurt facial, usually once a month, whenever I have time. Altho my skin has had many changes this past two years, this works well for me even now. A lot of the skin care products that were my HG have stopped working so...here is what I do.

Clean my face with bottled water (not tap).
Pat dry and apply yogurt. Massage and wait for the yogurt to dry.
After a few mins, apply honey. Careful coz it does not suit everyone. I recommend organic honey.
Apply some grated cucumber on the honey, it will stick.

I usually do some chores around the house and take a shower. I wash my face last of all, and the hot steam in the shower helps soften my skin further. It is soothing and a slight glow is noticeable afterwards :)

on 7/4/2011 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Leave it on my face for 15 minutes and it makes my skin super smooth, minimizes my poors and adds a nice glow to my face. I also hear that it has anti-aging properties, which is an awesome bonus!

Popular Masks