September 21, 2014 | 2020 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by tabbyblu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had a carton of yogurt in my fridge (plain flavor) that had gone sour. Before I tossed it, I decided to google around and see if I could find any beauty uses for it.
SCALP/HAIR:
Suffering from an oily scalp that flakes, I found information for a hair mask. Parting my hair, I rubbed the yogurt into my scalp. I then sectioned off parts of my hair and carefully massaged yogurt into my scalp until it was all over my head. I took the remaining hair, carefully combed yogurt through it, and sat down to watch tv for an hour and a half. My hair was at best, crunchy and icky feeling when I finally got into the shower. And I smelled bad.
In the shower, I massaged the warm water into my scalp, letting the yogurt rinse away. And due to my fried hair and oily scalp, I took a teeny dab of shampoo to three parts of conditioner, mixed it in my hand, and carefully (no suds, which was awkward to get used to) massaged it into my scalp and throughout my hair.
I blow dried my hair, and WOW. My scalp was SHINY. My hair was soft! And it BOUNCED when I curled it with a curling iron! I have frizzy red/blonde hair that rarely (if ever) behaves. I couldn't believe it.
FACE:
I put it all over my face for about 30 minutes. I rinsed it off. By the next day, my pimple (that was full of goop the day before), was flat and almost gone.
UPPER BACK:
I get yucky little "crumb-like" skin flakes on my upper back that I find really gross. I slathered the sour yogurt on my upper back and sat still for 20 minutes. I got into the shower, and washed it off with warm water and a bit of soap. Later, I noticed that there weren't ANY of these crumb-like things when my skin dried. I have tried EVERYTHING for these little dry skin nasties -- clay masks, dry brushing, loofahs, wet brushing, shower scrubs, softening oils, thick lotions -- nothing has ever worked! My skin has never felt smooth on my upper back. Always these ickies that I could scratch off with my fingernail. Until now :-)
LEGS AND BIKINI LINE:
The skin on my legs, having come out of a harsh winter -- was dry, itchy, and always felt rough after shaving, even with thick oil rubbed into it to moisturize it after a shower/shave. I slathered yogurt all over my legs, inner thighs, and bikini line. After sitting for half an hour, I took my shower and shaved. Put the usual lotion on it. My legs are unbelievably soft, I hardly recognize them!!! My shave seemed closer. Also my bikini line had no bumps on it (I suffer those) and was smoooth!!! I am so excited about yogurt!!!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by katgatita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely Amazing! I must say I have great skin to begin with but after doing this mask I have had like 5 compliments in one day! Everyone was raving about how much my skin was glowing! I'm so glad I came across this mask! I will certainly add it to my routine!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Fatang

I had to try this out after all the great reviews on here, but it didn't work out as well for me. I used unflavoured greek yogurt with nothing added, left on for 20 mins, and washed thoroughly. My face was stinging and the next day I had 3 new pimples. Still, how could I now try this out? Dirt cheap, and you won't know until you try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This mask ROCKS. I can't believe I spent so much money on the Korres Yogurt line (although those are nice products, and I'll use them up). But this works better for me. It's dirt cheap and AMAZING. So soothing and hydrating. I love to slather it on my skin. When it dries I scrub it off. Sometimes I'll put it on in the morning before my shower. And other times I'll let some aspirin dissolve in it (I've found dissolving the aspirin in a little water or moisturizing gel first speeds up the process of making it). This is THE BEST mask for my dry, sensitive, dehydrated prone skin. I wish I had paid closer attention to MUA and started using it sooner. I won't waste money on other masks now. I'm going to go the homemade route for the foreseeable future.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Little0Miss

This is amazing! My skin is super sensitive and was under a fierce breakout due to some too-harsh exfoliation on my part. My face was very red and I was getting at least one new pimple each day. I had had my skin under control for the most part after trying this new exfoliation and was upset when I took a wrong turn. So, I slapped on some of this stuff (I had used it a few times before) and the first time I used it the redness in my face was GREATLY diminished. I've used it several times since then (some times with turmeric) and have seen great results in less than a week. It is getting my skin back under control and I will be using nothing but yogurt for my weekly mask/exfoliation as it seems to be just perfect for me and my skin. Totally recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This morning I went for a run and when I come back my face is always beat red. On a whim I decided to pile plain yogurt on my face. The smell kind of grossed me out at first, but when I rinsed it off 20 min later, my face was totally calmed down and glowing!! This is an amazing home remedy. I've heard of it before but was skeptical until now. Try it, theres nothing to lose here! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jusbrooks32

I love this mask soooo much! I have always been one of the beauty consumers that thinks that it needs to be a high end or fancy product to work, up until this last year. Now my outlook is bring on the home remedies!!

This mask is just wonderful! The lactic acid in the yogurt really brightens, exfoliates and hydrates the skin. It is also very cooling which is wonderfull too, especially in the desert.

I have noticed, you do need to leave it on minumum 20 minutes, if not 30. I have left it on for 10 and hardly notice a difference, so make sure to give it plenty of time.

Highly highly recommend! Give it a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Ohbabyyoureaclassic

I have had issues with moderate acne for the past year and am turning to all natural solutions. After my monthly breakout, I decided to try this mask. It is was a miracle! I will continue to use this mask once a week for the rest of my life!

Recipe I used:
1 Heaping tablespoon of Organic Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt (from Trader Joes)
1 Heaping tablespoon of Raw Organic Honey (also from Trader Joes)
2 (appx.) tablespoons of Quick Oats (just add to the mixture until it is no longer watery)

Step 1: Make mixture in a small bowl and stir.
Step 2: Try to get it spread evenly over your face. (using a spoon, or your fingers if you can tolerate the texture)
Step 3: Leave it for 30 minutes.
Step 4: Wipe off the oats with a paper towel and leave residue for another 15 minutes.
Step 5: Wash face with water.

DURING THE MASK:
Pros:
-Cooling sensation
Cons:
- Looks like vomit (literally...)
- Kind of messy when trying to apply
- Can't stand/sit vertically while full mask is or or it will slide off and get everywhere.

AFTER REMOVAL OF THE MASK:
Pros:
-Reduction in pore size
-Reduction of blackhead size
-Major reduction in redness
-Small bumps/incoming zits disappeared
-Extreme hydration
-No need to apply moisturizer afterwards
-Maybe less oil production?
Cons:
-None!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 4:16:00 AM More reviews by pocketelf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I love the experience of a yogurt mask. I especially enjoy the cooling sensation and how it brightens my face. The acidophilus in the yogurt helps prevent breakouts.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 2:47:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Use with caution. After reading all the great reviews, I decided to give this a try. I used plain yogurt all over my face and after about 2 full minutes, my face started to sting. I tried to ignore it but couldn't. I ran to the bathroom and washed it off. Prior to using this mask, my skin was finally beginning to clear up. Now its broken out again! And its a bad breakout. If this is what this mask did to me after only 2 minutes, then I wonder how my face would have looked after the full 15 minutes that I planned to wear it for! If you are acne prone like me, I would beware of this mask. I washed it off about ten minutes ago and it still stings a little. I won't use this ever again!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No