Yogurt Mask

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Yoghurt (especially Turkish, Balkan, Greek )

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use greek yogurt and some honey/lemon juice. First time I used this mask, my skin was left looking and feeling AMAZING.
After the initial use, my skin still reacted nicely. Though, I left it on for too long (30 minutes, maybe a bit more) and broke out mildly. Never made that mistake again.
I leave it on for 15 minutes the most and it works just fine. Nothing life changing though.
I may need to change up the kind of honey I use for a better effect.

on 7/15/2011 6:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I broke out HORRIBLY. Smelled disgusting too.

on 7/13/2011 12:37:00 AM

The smell is a little hard to sit through but it's definitely worth it! My skin feels super soft and moisturised after drenching my face with this for 20 minutes. I leave it out for a few minutes before putting it on so it's not too cold when I put it on. The cooling, tingling sensation is really refreshing and I can't recommend this enough! I don't feel guilty when I do either - it's not as though it'll break the bank!

I make my own yogurt facial, usually once a month, whenever I have time. Altho my skin has had many changes this past two years, this works well for me even now. A lot of the skin care products that were my HG have stopped working so...here is what I do.

Clean my face with bottled water (not tap).
Pat dry and apply yogurt. Massage and wait for the yogurt to dry.
After a few mins, apply honey. Careful coz it does not suit everyone. I recommend organic honey.
Apply some grated cucumber on the honey, it will stick.

I usually do some chores around the house and take a shower. I wash my face last of all, and the hot steam in the shower helps soften my skin further. It is soothing and a slight glow is noticeable afterwards :)

on 7/4/2011 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Leave it on my face for 15 minutes and it makes my skin super smooth, minimizes my poors and adds a nice glow to my face. I also hear that it has anti-aging properties, which is an awesome bonus!

on 7/4/2011 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yogurt to the rescue! After a run-in with a too-harsh facial cleanser left my face red and stinging, I was desperate to find something to calm down my skin. I remembered reading that yogurt was good for "stressed" skin. My face certainly fit that description. I pulled the tub of Greek yogurt out of the fridge and slathered a thin layer of goop over my face. There was a nice cooling sensation (although, coming right out of the fridge, it was *almost* too cold). More importantly, fifteen minutes later, it had dried and after washing it off, my face feels so much better. It's not 100% back to normal, but it is at maybe 70%, which is much better than it would have been on its own. I am so relieved. Plus, the yogurt seems to have softened my skin. It's practically glowing. I will absolutely be doing this again, and trying to convince my friends and sisters to give it a try when they have similar situations.

on 7/1/2011 8:53:00 PM

Wow. This is the best face mask I've ever used. After trying this, my moisturizing face masks from Clarins and Chanel don't get any use anymore.

First, some info about my skin: fair (NC20), formerly oily and acne-prone but now normal/dry since I'm on Accutane. During the winter it gets really dry and flaky.

I recently had terrible breakouts from a sunscreen (LRP Anthelios AC SPF40) that looked like a million clogged pores in my cheeks. I had to apply topical steroids for about a month until the irritation got a little better, but I still had lots of tiny whiteheads and nothing (salycilic acid, Differin, glycolic acid) helped me get rid of that.

So I decided to try the yogurt mask, mainly because I was afraid that the "regular" masks would break me out even more.
I use this about 3 times a week, for 30 minutes. When my skin is extra dry I mix it with 1/2 tbsp of honey and 2-3 drops of extra virgin olive oil.
Two weeks later, the breakouts on my cheeks were 90% gone. I'll be honest, I can't say they're 100% gone, after all the breakouts were pretty bad and I can't expect a miracle, but I almost can't notice them anymore and my skin texture is much more even.
I also noticed that it helped me a lot with my dry skin issues and it gives my face a glow that no other face masks have ever given.
I have used 0%fat yogurt and I liked it too, but for dry skin the full fat yogurt is definetely much better.

Tip:
I like to get the "dry" parts of the yogurt that get on the top of the cup (if your yogurt comes with a metallic seal, you know what I mean - the yogurt that accumulates there! Yeah, it sounds a little gross). It's much more dense and creamy, and therefore more moisturizing.

on 6/28/2011 3:22:00 AM

Here is my experience. I have combined skin, meaning it feels dry AND I get pimples (and I'm way beyond teenage).
I've tried both sour cream and yoghurt in the past three days. I think yoghurt may be better to "clean" your face- it does feel cooling and a bit prickly. For hydrating I would rather reccomend sour cream, although my understanding is that it does open the skin to sunlight. The feeling of both is great, yoghurt gave me a "cleaning" feeling and sour cream a softer one. I think I can see the results, and it's only been three days. Woud definitely reccomend it, possibly alternating between yoghurt and sour cream depending on what you need most. And I've only used the "plain" products yet. Not fruit yoghurt, combined with honey, lemon, etc although it is reccomended. Oh and I've also used yoghurt for hair. Feels nice. Haven't tried sour cream, I'd like to see if it hydrates the hair as much as it hydrated the face skin. Using both is definitely worth the trouble.

on 6/18/2011 9:59:00 PM

I love this mask! First, I scrub my face with sugar and lemon, and then add yorurt (i use greek full fat yogurt, since its thick constency and wont run down your face). I leave it on until it dries, (maybe 20 mins), and when I wash it off, it gives my face a beautiful glow and makes it brighter....dirt cheap and effective, no expensive mask will ever beat this...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I'm torn.

I slapped a layer of good old natural fat-free Greek Yoghurt onto a clean face and left it for about 20 minutes. During that time I experienced no discomfort whatsoever, not even a tingle. However, when I washed it off with a cotton pad and water, my face was COVERED in what can only be described as acid burns. Across one cheek there was a scarlet, linear streak that looked as though somebody had held a needle to a flame and dragged it all the way across my skin. On my temples were strange, bluish marks that looked incredibly like bruises. And my entire forehead just looked badly sunburnt. What somehow made the whole débacle more disconcerting was that I wasn't in any pain at all, aside from a very, very slightly warm sensation that was basically barely detectable, my skin felt as it always did. And yet I looked, in direct light, as though I'd smeared dilute hydrochloric acid over my face, and in shadow I looked as though I'd been in a nasty punch-up!

Considering I had a fashion show to walk a few days later, needless to say, I was pretty alarmed! I immediately applied some Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic from my sample bottle and after that, I slathered on a HUGE layer of my beloved MooGoo MSM Soothing Cream (literally enough to break out an entire football team). Incredibly, not only did I not break out the following day, but within two hours of application, all the angry burns and marks had completely disappeared. The relief! (The MooGoo cream is truly miraculous, by the way. Huge recommendation!)

The reason why I'm torn is that in the days since I tried this, my skin has, as reviews I read suggested might happen, been incredibly soft, even and clear-looking. I used a gentle, adequate-but-nothing-too-amazing old scrub a day or two later and the gunk just flew straight out of my pores - they're still empty! I want to give it minus lipsticks in one sense, but I have to concede that for those it doesn't bring out in hideous burns, it must be pretty damn effective.

On that basis I certainly won't be first in line to actively put people off trying it, but I would never risk using it again myself, and would definitely suggest that people proceed with caution. I hope this was a helpful review!

Popular Masks