September 17, 2014 | 954 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by prncss

This broke me out only after a few uses so I suspect that it clogs pores. It is really unfortunate because I absolutely love the finish of this. It goes on creamy, blends like a dream without feeling cakey, and dries to a powdery finish. It also lasts well throughout the day. The medium shade is a perfect match for my NC35 medium tanned skin. I also liked that I did not need concealer, and found that it was a great all-in-one product.

The downpoints about this foundation is that 1) It is pricey and the product gets used up really fast. You don't get a lot of product for the price. 2) It is a plasticky/latex smell but this goes away quickly. 3) If you have sensitive skin, it may break you out.

If you are unsure about this product, Sephora sells a mini sized sample for $12 CAD which is a great trial product that will last for weeks. It is also great as a portable compact to keep in the purse but I think it is only available for a limited time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ahitter

I am surprised at all the negative reviews. I LOVE this product. I like the finish, color match, and light coverage it provides. I'm a combo-skin girl with some enlarged pores and redness issues, and this makes me look presentable.

Here's my tried and true routine:
-Murad oil control mattifier spf 15
-Stila One Step Correct (Primer)
-Benefit Some Kind-A Gorgeous
-Benefit Boi-oing Concealer (great for oily gals)
-Benefit Hello Flawless in (T-zone only)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by squeakoid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've this product for a few years but hardly wore it as it always seemed to cake around my dry areas and accentuate them when I used the sponge. A few days I was reading reviews on here and decided to try applying it with a foundation brush. Wow what a difference it makes!!

Upon application it seems a bit greasy and kinda light for my skin tone. After about 5 minutes, the product sinks in and matches great. I think it gives good coverage and I like how it feels like you have nothing on your face once it settles in.
Once the product dries on my face, I lightly dust over some powder, I tried it with Dandelion and it looked amazing!! So flawless and pretty. I would never had expected to have such a great result especially since I really don't think Dandelion works on my skin, but paired with this 'foundation' it's amazing. So happy I actually found a use for these products, I really thought they would just end up sitting in my make up stash for the next decade (I couldn't bring myself to get rid of these since I spent soo much on them, and I'm really glad I hadn't now that I found how to use them :)).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by JessicaLaine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay! I am not impressed with the packaging! But omg I do love this product, I can't believe all the negative reviews, this is so amazing to me , it feels great and covers good without even looking like you have foundation on!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Really, Benefit? Really?

I don't get this product. I understand it's supposed to provide a light coverage and look natural, and their catalog even plugs it for use when you don't feel up to putting on your regular makeup.

By the time I apply this and blend and blend and blend to get any type of coverage whatsoever, it's as time-consuming as just sucking it up and using my regular foundation, so what's the point?

I usually love Benefit products but this one...ummm, not so much. Glad I only got it as 1 in a 4-piece set, because I'd have been extremely disappointed to have purchased a full-sized product.

Maybe if one has perfect skin this would be a great "non-foundation foundation," but for me I'll stick with my regular foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by orangepenguin20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff seemed nice and light when I first started using it. After a couple uses it broke me out like crazy.....can't use it anymore. I don't like the sponge it came with either....it started to smell after a couple uses....gross. Does anyone else just WANT to like all of Benefit's products but keep getting disappointed over and over again??? :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by pimentomckenzie

I am not one to wear foundation on a daily basis because I am scared to look cakey. I told the saleswoman this and she pointed this foundation out, so i decided to give it a try. It goes on light, and looks so natural. I have sensitive skin but even when I wear this foundation all day, my skin is fine. I totally recommend this to anyone who is looking for light, natural looking products. No need to be scared of breakouts either! Will definitely be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by lonic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tacky packaging, looks like toy makeup. The one color suits all is rubbish, it was way too yellow and dark for my complexion. It caked up quite alot and my skin felt like melted rubber the whole day through

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by bbydoll703

I truly liked the consistency of this product but it just didn't work for me. The color was never right even though I tried this one and the "light" version. It didn't give good coverage either even after attempting to build it up. If the color suits you and you dont need much coverage this may be for you it just didnt work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Shawty187

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love that creamy luminous smooth look for my skin as opposed to matte (most people prefer matte for some reason and in my opinions it makes skin look older and cakey and bigger)... anyway, so when I put this on my skin the first time (my skin was well moisturized) it was so smooth and creamy with a slight glow and it was great...and I bought it (shoulda tried it first and then went back to buy it like I usually do) and then as days went on I would get lots of breakouts around my mouth and chin area. I thought maybe the DIFFERIN GEL (retina-a product) was makin me purge but that would usually happen overnight after I apply it...

This foundation was basically making my blemishes worse.. I have very sensitive, hormonal acne-prone skin with redness..... this looked great on but one I took it off my skin was worse..... not good for sensitive skin as it contains silicone that blocks the pores in my opinion and thats why it looks smooth when you put it on..... so this is a noohoo no no no for me....