December 19, 2014 | 1183 users online

Crème - BeneFit Cosmetics - Some Kind-A Gorgeous

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by mestisa757

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am looking for a good cream foundation, however this is not it. The coverage is horrible and it contributes to the oiliness of my skin. I returned it...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by nezinka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ugh...what a joke. I got this at sephora around Oct. 1st after wandering around the store trying to resist buying UD BOS3. I decided to buy a powder foundation but could not decide what to get. I tried SkAG and was really amazed as to how the medium colour was able to match my skin. It looks greasy but it looked good on skin. I am not bit*ing about the quality of the product. It is okay although the staying power could be better. I apply with Sonya Kashuk sponge and am able to blend it well.
So here is my problem, liquid foundations last me a loong loong time, to the point where I have to throw them away for fear of expired product messing with my skin. I certainly have not used this product every day, maybe 15times for the 45 days I've owned it and today I hit pan!!!! I have product around the edges but what...that's gonna last me another 15applications. Are you freaking kidding me??? I paid $28 +tax for this. I would have been better off shelling extra $ for a fancier product like Channel or GA, it would have been cheaper compared to this.
Benefit is a seriously disappointing brand of cosmetics. It's cute and funky but so not functional and worth the money. Beware, do not waste money on this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by prncss

This broke me out only after a few uses so I suspect that it clogs pores. It is really unfortunate because I absolutely love the finish of this. It goes on creamy, blends like a dream without feeling cakey, and dries to a powdery finish. It also lasts well throughout the day. The medium shade is a perfect match for my NC35 medium tanned skin. I also liked that I did not need concealer, and found that it was a great all-in-one product.

The downpoints about this foundation is that 1) It is pricey and the product gets used up really fast. You don't get a lot of product for the price. 2) It is a plasticky/latex smell but this goes away quickly. 3) If you have sensitive skin, it may break you out.

If you are unsure about this product, Sephora sells a mini sized sample for $12 CAD which is a great trial product that will last for weeks. It is also great as a portable compact to keep in the purse but I think it is only available for a limited time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by ahitter

I am surprised at all the negative reviews. I LOVE this product. I like the finish, color match, and light coverage it provides. I'm a combo-skin girl with some enlarged pores and redness issues, and this makes me look presentable.

Here's my tried and true routine:
-Murad oil control mattifier spf 15
-Stila One Step Correct (Primer)
-Benefit Some Kind-A Gorgeous
-Benefit Boi-oing Concealer (great for oily gals)
-Benefit Hello Flawless in (T-zone only)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by squeakoid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've this product for a few years but hardly wore it as it always seemed to cake around my dry areas and accentuate them when I used the sponge. A few days I was reading reviews on here and decided to try applying it with a foundation brush. Wow what a difference it makes!!

Upon application it seems a bit greasy and kinda light for my skin tone. After about 5 minutes, the product sinks in and matches great. I think it gives good coverage and I like how it feels like you have nothing on your face once it settles in.
Once the product dries on my face, I lightly dust over some powder, I tried it with Dandelion and it looked amazing!! So flawless and pretty. I would never had expected to have such a great result especially since I really don't think Dandelion works on my skin, but paired with this 'foundation' it's amazing. So happy I actually found a use for these products, I really thought they would just end up sitting in my make up stash for the next decade (I couldn't bring myself to get rid of these since I spent soo much on them, and I'm really glad I hadn't now that I found how to use them :)).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by JessicaLaine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay! I am not impressed with the packaging! But omg I do love this product, I can't believe all the negative reviews, this is so amazing to me , it feels great and covers good without even looking like you have foundation on!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by BudgetDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Really, Benefit? Really?

I don't get this product. I understand it's supposed to provide a light coverage and look natural, and their catalog even plugs it for use when you don't feel up to putting on your regular makeup.

By the time I apply this and blend and blend and blend to get any type of coverage whatsoever, it's as time-consuming as just sucking it up and using my regular foundation, so what's the point?

I usually love Benefit products but this one...ummm, not so much. Glad I only got it as 1 in a 4-piece set, because I'd have been extremely disappointed to have purchased a full-sized product.

Maybe if one has perfect skin this would be a great "non-foundation foundation," but for me I'll stick with my regular foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 1:59:00 PM More reviews by orangepenguin20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff seemed nice and light when I first started using it. After a couple uses it broke me out like crazy.....can't use it anymore. I don't like the sponge it came with either....it started to smell after a couple uses....gross. Does anyone else just WANT to like all of Benefit's products but keep getting disappointed over and over again??? :(

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by pimentomckenzie

I am not one to wear foundation on a daily basis because I am scared to look cakey. I told the saleswoman this and she pointed this foundation out, so i decided to give it a try. It goes on light, and looks so natural. I have sensitive skin but even when I wear this foundation all day, my skin is fine. I totally recommend this to anyone who is looking for light, natural looking products. No need to be scared of breakouts either! Will definitely be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by lonic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Tacky packaging, looks like toy makeup. The one color suits all is rubbish, it was way too yellow and dark for my complexion. It caked up quite alot and my skin felt like melted rubber the whole day through