Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

3.7

Active: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Inactive: Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance, Potassium Polyphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is one of my staples when I cannot afford Proactiv. If I start using any other cleanser in place of this one, I get more pimples. This keeps my mild acne under control, although I do get the few pimple flare ups. It happens. Especially when I need to be drinking more water. All in all, if your skin can handle a hefty dose of Benzoyl Peroxide, then this is for you!

on 2/18/2009 8:51:00 PM

I loved this for a while, it worked better than Proactiv for me... and I completely agree with the reviewer below me. I would trade breakouts for dry skin. I looooved that cooling/ refreshing feeling I got right after using this. I did feel that my skin got used to this after a while, as I felt it wasn't as effective as it was in the beginning. I would probably alternate this with another, gentler wash, especially since it DID dry out my skin. I was careful how often I used this and how well I moisturized.

on 2/6/2009 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this product on and off since my late teens. I love skincare products w/ a menthol-ish scent/feel to it and this is one of them. I agree that this is a harsh cleanser, but I do think it has helped clear up my skin (in conjunction w/ Retin-A) and I am willing to trade a few pimples for some dry skin (you can always moisturize, but you can't always prevent a pimple).

I am on the quest to find a more gentle cleanser that is just as effective, but until then, I'll continue to use this.

on 1/18/2009 10:54:00 PM

This is a good smellin cleanser and offeres temporary cleansing. As many drug store brands has way too harsh ingredients, doesnt deep clean properly, adn overall strips the skin of moisture. Used this years ago in my teens (when our skin doesnt really need much deep cleaning or internal replenishment) and got what I paid for. It also has benzyl peroxide the kiss of death of all overdrying skin ingredients that does not good even for super oily or acne complexions.

Bottom line after years of experience and knowledge in trying many skincare lines and products if you have a good cleanser toner and lotion, etc system that deep cleans your skin and maitains your natural oil and ph balance your oil production will great reduce and you will never need to use these blotting sheets or anything like them again. Simply get informed of ingredients that are good for your skin since so many of us for eyars use prodycts we thing are deep cleaning yet contain so many skin killing and overdrying ingredients like ALCOHOL, MENTHOL, LAURETH etc they dont dry out jsut the oil on your face but they completely dry out our internal skins adn all its layers which then make your oily gland overproduce even more and then breakout from all teh cloged pores. Its really that simple.just look at teh ingredients in your cleanser and always use a no alcohol toner to add moisture back into your skin (sprays are great). I do understand many of us have budgets and cant splurge on expensive products but do the research and splurge on a line with good ingredients sicne your skins is your cover and will not stay preservedas y ou get older if you use harsh chemicals on it. SO even if slightly more expensive its the best investment you can make. After many years of wasted moeny in my teens in trying many drustore brands the quality is just what you pay for with many (not all) of their products that contain very harsh chemicals.

on 1/15/2009 11:16:00 AM

I should have known better than to buy this. I have had problems with benzoyl peroxide in the past. My skin is very sensitive to it. That was a long time ago, though. I figured I'd try this. Maybe new formulations would be less harsh? And since it's a cleanser and not a topically applied cream, I figured I might be ok. NOT! After a few days of 1x day use, I had a terrible red rash on my face. I learned my lesson. My face and BP do not like each other.

After using this, I looked like a savage who just went through war. My face came out looking like a spider web. Bits and pieces of skin were peeling off my face and interconnecting. It was painful to talk and chew. It nearly cleansed my skin right off its bone.

on 1/14/2009 5:04:00 AM

my face! my face! my beautiful face!

on 1/6/2009 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

TIP: DO NOT USE DURING WINTER.

This was amazing. It cleared MOST of my pimples and I look really confident :]. But, do not use this during winter time. It dries your skin SO much. I prefer during summer or so n_n.

on 12/30/2008 10:55:00 AM

BP or Salyic Acid are two different active ingredients. You need to find the one that works with your skin type. I love this product because my skin is slightly oily, so the drying affect of the 10% BP works wonderfully! I have tried so many acne treatments out there, from the cheap stuff to the really expensive stuff. This cleanser is PERFECT for me, price and quality. If you have oily skin, even if just around your T-zone, I highly recommend it. If your skin is dry or sensitive, stay away from such a strong concentration of BP.

on 12/27/2008 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i HATED this! it burned my face! it stung my eyes if i left it on for longer than 2 minutes.. it made my nose run! it stained my clothes if it dripped! it was a pain in the rear end to take off when i was done, and it was really thick and heavy.
the only remotly cool thing about this was that it left a cool feeling on my face for about.. 5 seconds.
It didn't help my acne, it made it worse. Honestly, every time i used it, my acne flaired up, so i threw it away!!
waste of time, money and effort.

oh, and it smells disgusting.