April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by axemeup

This product really does prevent. It's really great, it can dry your skin a bit. So I definitely recommend a moisturizer, but other than that. Great! I've used this for 4 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by sydakiss

I really hate ruining the streak of good reviews for this product, so sorry about that :(

Well anyway, this product didn't really do anything for my acne. I continuously used t for a couple months but never did I really get any noticeable results. I have to admit though, my face felt really refreshed after I washed it using this cleanser. But no results :( I've tried a couple of Clean & Clear products in the past and none of them have really worked for me, so it could just be that me+clean&clear=not good.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lovey43

I have moderate acne and combo skin.
In the beginning, I was kinda hesistant using this because it has 10% BP! Yikes. I used it for about two weeks straight, sometimes doing in the AM and PM, and sometimes daily.. but I don't really think it's doing much. It's helped out my forehead a little, but it doesn't prevent new pimples, fyi.
It kinda stings if you get it in your eye - so try not to!
It's also VERY drying so moisturize right after!! I used to use this a lot, but now I'm easing off this because BP will make your skin age faster!!!! I use this now maybe once a week if I'm having a breakout....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by summergirl81

I love this cleanser because it is the only thing that is helping to keep the majority of my acne at bay. I use it twice a day (am and pm) and like the creamyness of it. The only problem that i've found is that it can make your face a little tight right after you wash it (more so than with other cleansers i've tried) but this can be fixed with a good moisturizer. This is a staple in my skin care routine, will def. be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff has worked better than all other BP lotions and/or Salycilic acid face washes or lotions (and I've tried tham all)! More effective than Proactiv in my case! For some reason, having the strong BP but in a wash not a leave on lotion, does my skin the best. I like to play around with different cosmetics and stuff, and sometimes I end up with some bad breakouts, but this cleanser has me looking fab again in no time at all! It's so cheap too!! I do wish it was in a pump, and I do hate the smell of it, but it's still my HG and I will never use anything else. I've tried other cleansers, but I end up with breakouts and come back to this. I won't stray again! I always follow this cleanser with Clean & Clear's Advantage Oil-Free Moisturizer (also awesome), and my combo acne prone skin is clear and balanced (as much as it can be) :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by fashionista21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cleanser is great! Since I started using it 3 weeks ago, my skin has been clearer, softer, and never dries out! (with Proactiv, every few weeks or so a patch of skin would get dry and weird) I'm not saying it's cleared my skin perfectly, but I'm noticing much less pimples than before. If I eat better and keep using this, I'd say my skin will be flawless very soon! (: The only downside of this product is you need a certain amount to cover the entire face, and this cleanser doesn't last long. Other than that, I'm sticking to this; it's cheaper than Proactiv, and works great!
P.S. If you wet your face, and then rub this in for at least 30 seconds, it cleans even deeper and works even better!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2008 1:48:00 PM More reviews by elizasimp

This is my favorite face wash of all time. I have oily skin and can get zits if I don't use a wash twice a day that helps control it. I used Proactiv for a few years and recently quit because I was tired of the inconvenience of automatic shipments and not being able to run to the store for a new bottle. I started out trying other acne systems like Clean & Clear Advantage, but the Salicylic Acid did nothing for my skin problems except cause minor irritation. This is one of the few washes out there that has Benzoyl Peroxide, which is what Proactiv contains. So if you used Proactiv with success and want to try something from the drugstore, this is a good one to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2008 11:16:00 PM More reviews by mcinermk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Does what it says it will, really cleared up my face. But i think it is partly responsible for my major acne scars since it is so drying. I'd recommend it to someone with really really bad acne though. Careful it will take the color right out of any fabric.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by eyring

I have adult acne from time to time, and this is the only thing (aside from a prescription) that works for me. It shouldn't be used more than twice a day, as directed anyway, because it can be very drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by cyndeeduh

I had very bad acne around my forehead and chin. I heard that benzoyl peroxide was very good for acne so i decided to give this a try. It worked really well for me..i love this product. this is the only thing that has actually worked. I just leave it on for 15 seconds because it might be to drying, but i definatly love this product.