September 22, 2014 | 1988 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 5:04:00 AM More reviews by wontonwendy

my face! my face! my beautiful face!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 1:14:00 AM More reviews by sw3etpinay

TIP: DO NOT USE DURING WINTER.

This was amazing. It cleared MOST of my pimples and I look really confident :]. But, do not use this during winter time. It dries your skin SO much. I prefer during summer or so n_n.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by ambely02

BP or Salyic Acid are two different active ingredients. You need to find the one that works with your skin type. I love this product because my skin is slightly oily, so the drying affect of the 10% BP works wonderfully! I have tried so many acne treatments out there, from the cheap stuff to the really expensive stuff. This cleanser is PERFECT for me, price and quality. If you have oily skin, even if just around your T-zone, I highly recommend it. If your skin is dry or sensitive, stay away from such a strong concentration of BP.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2008 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Vickkyyy

i HATED this! it burned my face! it stung my eyes if i left it on for longer than 2 minutes.. it made my nose run! it stained my clothes if it dripped! it was a pain in the rear end to take off when i was done, and it was really thick and heavy.
the only remotly cool thing about this was that it left a cool feeling on my face for about.. 5 seconds.
It didn't help my acne, it made it worse. Honestly, every time i used it, my acne flaired up, so i threw it away!!
waste of time, money and effort.

oh, and it smells disgusting.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by onebadassninja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG! This is my skincare regimen for night: take off makeup with Philosophy's Purity, scrub with C&C's Blackhead Clearing Scrub (I don't use it for blackheads, but just because it has beads and 2% SA) and then cleanse with this 10% BP. Since 10% BP is really strong, I would never use that strong a concentration as a cream, but as a wash, it does the trick. I mix this with several drops of jojoba oil before I use it, because otherwise this is much too drying for even my combination-oily skin. The dryness can't be helped, though, since it IS 10% Benzoyl peroxide, but this has been the only cleanser that has enabled me to skip using Dan Kern's regimen twice a day (I only use it at night now.) This is really an excellent and effective cleanser which kept my skin totally in check. I've used this for about a month now, and I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by lashic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product burned my skin with each use. While it may work for acne, my sensitive skin made an exchange with acne for redness and rashes...=(

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2008 4:12:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i'm not sure if this does anything for acne, i didn't really bother to notice because i don't use cleansers specifically to get rid of my acne, just to make my face clean.
i just wanted to say that OMG. after using this in the shower, my face would be soo tingly and have a cooling sensation that was ridiculous. it felt so fresh and amazing.so as a cleanser it's great.
idk about acne. i guess it's okay? but don't take my word for it. 3 lippies for good cleansing amazingness.

edit: this really dries out my skin and makes it feel really tight. no good. 2 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by GiGi6

Every time I used this cleanser, some parts of my face became all red. It also caused some dryness, and my skin felt tight and became rough. It reduced my acne just slightly, so I had to stop using it because I didn't want my skin to suffer, just for a small improvement...I thought BP was responsible for all that, but later I learned that this product contains menthol, a harmful ingredient, which is probably what was responsible for the redness and irritation, and the tingly sensation. I now use BP in a lotion, and it's working wonders for me, without drying out my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by BABYJUICY

with all the cleansers i've used to get rid of my pimples, this one works pretty good. i use this along with other acne cleansers from clean &clear and after the next day, my pimples have cleared a lot and it becomes less red. i'd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by axemeup

This product really does prevent. It's really great, it can dry your skin a bit. So I definitely recommend a moisturizer, but other than that. Great! I've used this for 4 months.