July 31, 2014 | 1082 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by onebadassninja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

HG! This is my skincare regimen for night: take off makeup with Philosophy's Purity, scrub with C&C's Blackhead Clearing Scrub (I don't use it for blackheads, but just because it has beads and 2% SA) and then cleanse with this 10% BP. Since 10% BP is really strong, I would never use that strong a concentration as a cream, but as a wash, it does the trick. I mix this with several drops of jojoba oil before I use it, because otherwise this is much too drying for even my combination-oily skin. The dryness can't be helped, though, since it IS 10% Benzoyl peroxide, but this has been the only cleanser that has enabled me to skip using Dan Kern's regimen twice a day (I only use it at night now.) This is really an excellent and effective cleanser which kept my skin totally in check. I've used this for about a month now, and I love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by lashic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product burned my skin with each use. While it may work for acne, my sensitive skin made an exchange with acne for redness and rashes...=(

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2008 4:12:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i'm not sure if this does anything for acne, i didn't really bother to notice because i don't use cleansers specifically to get rid of my acne, just to make my face clean.
i just wanted to say that OMG. after using this in the shower, my face would be soo tingly and have a cooling sensation that was ridiculous. it felt so fresh and amazing.so as a cleanser it's great.
idk about acne. i guess it's okay? but don't take my word for it. 3 lippies for good cleansing amazingness.

edit: this really dries out my skin and makes it feel really tight. no good. 2 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by GiGi6

Every time I used this cleanser, some parts of my face became all red. It also caused some dryness, and my skin felt tight and became rough. It reduced my acne just slightly, so I had to stop using it because I didn't want my skin to suffer, just for a small improvement...I thought BP was responsible for all that, but later I learned that this product contains menthol, a harmful ingredient, which is probably what was responsible for the redness and irritation, and the tingly sensation. I now use BP in a lotion, and it's working wonders for me, without drying out my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2008 7:04:00 PM More reviews by BABYJUICY

with all the cleansers i've used to get rid of my pimples, this one works pretty good. i use this along with other acne cleansers from clean &clear and after the next day, my pimples have cleared a lot and it becomes less red. i'd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 1:55:00 PM More reviews by axemeup

This product really does prevent. It's really great, it can dry your skin a bit. So I definitely recommend a moisturizer, but other than that. Great! I've used this for 4 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2008 1:20:00 AM More reviews by sydakiss

I really hate ruining the streak of good reviews for this product, so sorry about that :(

Well anyway, this product didn't really do anything for my acne. I continuously used t for a couple months but never did I really get any noticeable results. I have to admit though, my face felt really refreshed after I washed it using this cleanser. But no results :( I've tried a couple of Clean & Clear products in the past and none of them have really worked for me, so it could just be that me+clean&clear=not good.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lovey43

I have moderate acne and combo skin.
In the beginning, I was kinda hesistant using this because it has 10% BP! Yikes. I used it for about two weeks straight, sometimes doing in the AM and PM, and sometimes daily.. but I don't really think it's doing much. It's helped out my forehead a little, but it doesn't prevent new pimples, fyi.
It kinda stings if you get it in your eye - so try not to!
It's also VERY drying so moisturize right after!! I used to use this a lot, but now I'm easing off this because BP will make your skin age faster!!!! I use this now maybe once a week if I'm having a breakout....

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by summergirl81

I love this cleanser because it is the only thing that is helping to keep the majority of my acne at bay. I use it twice a day (am and pm) and like the creamyness of it. The only problem that i've found is that it can make your face a little tight right after you wash it (more so than with other cleansers i've tried) but this can be fixed with a good moisturizer. This is a staple in my skin care routine, will def. be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff has worked better than all other BP lotions and/or Salycilic acid face washes or lotions (and I've tried tham all)! More effective than Proactiv in my case! For some reason, having the strong BP but in a wash not a leave on lotion, does my skin the best. I like to play around with different cosmetics and stuff, and sometimes I end up with some bad breakouts, but this cleanser has me looking fab again in no time at all! It's so cheap too!! I do wish it was in a pump, and I do hate the smell of it, but it's still my HG and I will never use anything else. I've tried other cleansers, but I end up with breakouts and come back to this. I won't stray again! I always follow this cleanser with Clean & Clear's Advantage Oil-Free Moisturizer (also awesome), and my combo acne prone skin is clear and balanced (as much as it can be) :-)