Certain Dri

4.4

Active ingredient: Aluminum Chloride 12%. Inactive ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Water.

on 6/28/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It works- but only for a while. Now I have found that Secret Clinical Strength Waterproof does it for me. And I DONT have to apply at bedtime only like you do CertainDri. I happen to enjoy applying deodorant after my shower in the morning...call me crazy...

on 6/14/2010 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've lost count of how many times I've repurchased this over the past few years. It's the only anti-perspirant that's ever actually stopped me from sweating. Fantastic.

Some tips and thoughts on usage.... It takes about two-three days for it to start working from when you start using it, so don't be discouraged if the first day or two you're still sweaty. Also, depending how sensitive your skin is, your underarms will either be itchy or sting like mad the first few times you use it. I find that if I stop using it for a week or so and then start back, I'll have to deal with the itchies for a day but then it subsides.

Never, ever, ever use this within an hour or two of shaving your underarms. Seriously. If you've showered/shaved right before bed just skip applying it for a night. The manufacturer touts "72 hours" of protection, and I've found that to be fairly accurate. Skipping one or maybe two days of application isn't a big deal.

This stuff will discolor some clothing, unfortunately. I've noticed it particularly on light blue shirts. If you let it dry on your underarms before putting a shirt on you can avoid this problem, but I'm impatient and don't always wait long enough.

So yes, there are some cons. If you only "glow" or perspire slightly, you may not want to bother. But if you *sweat* and hate it, go buy this NOW. Life changing. Seriously.

on 6/13/2010 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Certain Dri Has changed my life I blogged about it on my blog princesssmichelle.blogspot.com and the woman from the company contacted me from it thanking me about the positive review I left. I honestly was sweating not really bad, but it was grossing me out, I hated it!!!!! I didn't know what to do and I decided to try this.. The first night I rolled it 3 times and it didn't work however, when I rolled it on 5 times then next night it literally was like a miracle. AND IT DID LAST 72 hours!!! I was so suprised Certain-Dri is great and if you have problems with sweating you should definitely tried it. I will definitely repurchase when my bottle is done. LOVE IT!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This really amkes you stop sweating! I took off one lippie because I have heard things about the active ingredient causing cancer but it works so well I am not going to stop using it just yet until I can find a suitable replacement.

on 6/13/2010 5:42:00 PM

This has seriously changed my life. I used to sweat excessively all the time and it really got me down. I used to hate having to wear dark clothes to cover up sweat patches. I then discovered this on this website and read all the good reviews and decided to try it out, I wasn't really sure if it would work for me because i thought i would have to live with sweaty armpits forever but nooo! I would definitely recommend this to everyone with the same problem! :)

on 6/8/2010 6:14:00 PM

This stuff has changed my life! Before I used this my pits would get moist for no reason - even when I wasn't hot and I'd get big wet pit stains (forget about silk). I don't think my armpits have even gotten moist since using this, and odor has been reduced significantly too. I only apply crystal deodorant in the morning, and this stuff is not high power by any means. On the downside, it does itch for about an hour after putting it on (which is a real pain when you're trying to sleep). Also, the applicator lets a little too much drip out and it takes a few minutes to dry, but overall I'd take itchy pits any day over embarrassing underarm wetness. I will definitely repurchase.

on 5/30/2010 3:53:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I should mention that I never needed this type of product growing up in Southern California. However, moving to Texas and experiencing my first summer changed things.
I tried everything to reduce the perspiration and found that I could wear my clothes (mainly suits at that time) just once before they had to be cleaned. This is the product that saved me at least $100 a month on dry cleaning.
It lives up to it's promise. I still apply it nightly on days where I don't shave my underarms (you will experience stinging on freshly shaved skin). It works wonders. There is nothing else in the drugstore that works as well.

on 5/17/2010 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

For reference, I use the original roll on formula at night, and the scented stick in the morning. I've been using this for a few months, and I find that it works extremely well. I experience little to no sweating (and I live in Georgia, USA, people---it's hot). I used to have really, really bad sweating problems and get hideous pit stains Even On Black shirts. It was awful. Now that doesn't happen at all. I love this product so much.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I know this is going to sound dramatic, but I HATE THIS PRODUCT. I'll tell a little story. Four years ago, I was one sweaty little girl, and I'd tried so many different antiperspirants and they'd never worked for me. So when I heard about this antiperspirant, it was something new to me and the reviews were good. I rushed out and bought it in a whim. For the first week it stung and burned my skin but I figured, what the hell, it's gotten good reviews so it HAS to work on me. Oh, it worked. I was totally dry...for about two weeks. And then it just stopped working on me. I don't know what the hell happened, but suddenly it was completely ineffective for me. And that's when I began to notice my underarms were starting to darken. Day after day they were getting darker and darker. I tried vitamin E, mild bleaching creams...nothing happened--the discoloration remained. Well guess what? Four damn years later and I still have that discoloration. And during those four years I have tried nearly every "solution" ever discovered. Lemon juice. Vitamin E. Emu oil. Vitamin K. Hydroquinone. Kojic acid. Peels. And so many more that it would take ages to list. Obviously it's not a superficial discoloration I have, because I've peeled so many goddamn layers off my skin and the huge brown marks are still there. I still feel self-conscious going out in a bathing suit and I completely avoid wearing sleeveless tops altogether. It is for this reason that I dread summertime. I wish I could go back in time and tell my four-years-ago-self to never use this antiperspirant. I'd warn you all to never use this antiperspirant...but this is just my experience. Maybe it'll work for you, but it completely effed up my underarms and a huge part of my self-confidence. I've tried everything to fix this problem with the exception of laser treatment, and I don't even know how in the hell I would be able to pay for that or even get my parents' approval.

on 5/16/2010 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using this product for a couple a months and some days the products works and some days it doesnt. On the days it does work there is no sweat at all! PERIOD! But maybe I will use the A.M one to see if it works better. There's also a stick one just like the roll on. Maybe I will try that.