Everyday Minerals Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Mica. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 11/2/2008 3:56:00 PM

I have combo skin and have always had a problem with blemishes on my chin and neck. I've been using this product line for about 10 months - wouldn't have known about this company except for MUA. I love it! The shipping is very fast and dependable. The quality of the makeup is excellent. My blemishes are not nearly as bad as they used to be using other cosmetics. I have tried the Intensive versions of the foundations and will stick with the Matte. My only gripe is that my face tends to get itchy if I'm using the Intensive and I get hot. I love the colors - my complexion is NC 25-30 with pinkish/beige undertones. In the summer I use Beige Medium Neutral now that I no longer have a tan I'm mixing Fair Medium with it. Thats another feature I love is the size you can order the products in. I ordered 1 small of each of the above colors and mixed them half and half. That will probably last me at LEAST 6-7 weeks of everyday use.
As far as the jars - what I do is go to a craft store and buy the craft screw top jars - the stackable ones and empty each powder in them. I then label them with stickers. Abit extra work but for the quality of the cosmetics -isn't it worth it?

on 10/24/2008 11:25:00 PM

I have pretty dry skin, so it is probably not the best that I use loose powder foundation. This product is something else though! Never have I experienced driness on my face quite like this with other brand of mineral makeup. My cheeks feel so tight that I can almost feel them cracking as I make facial expressions.

I bought like four of these because the website encourages to mix and create your own colour suitable for your skintone, and since I had no way of testing the product, that was what I did.

What a waste...

on 10/24/2008 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

For those who experience dry and blotchy patching with this foundation: you have to exfoliate and moisturize well before you apply this foundation. If you do, this foundation will do wonders for you. I am still not certain if it clogs my pores or something else does. It is hard to say with all the face products that I use.
Overall, I like the foundation a lot. Feels very light on my skin, and gives a good coverage. Maybe they can perfect it a bit more, and make it somehow even finer?

on 10/21/2008 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Used this product for about 8 months and it wasn't until the end till I realized it was the clogging my pores. I always wonder my acne got worse and worse and it was because of this powder.

After applying, I would look really matte but after 1 hour, I looked like an oil slick. It was disgusting.

The formula is sheer and you have to pack it on if you have any acne scars.

Although the application was pretty easy, it got messy especially on the counters when powder would fly off. I wish there was a top that would prevent the powder from coming out of the sifter especially when travelling.

on 10/20/2008 2:35:00 PM

The coverage is nice and the color matches well, but this doesn't keep my skin matte all day, even with a finishing powder.

on 10/20/2008 1:55:00 PM

Sorry but I have tried all four formulas now and they all cake like crap, they cling to anything they can and go in streaks (applying with a large synthetic brush) they all pile up in whatever corner they can and I am not particularly oily at all yet I am shiny after probably less than 2 hours on this stuff. I HATE IT!! I am going back to cheap as chips rimmel pressed powder it is FAR preferable D=

Also, it never looked particularly matt in the first place and irrelevant but the packaging is soooo ugly + cheap looking!!

on 10/11/2008 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

EM is much better than BE and it starts out very matte and the colors match perfectly. The medium beige natural, golden medium, and light olive is a perfect match for my asian skin which isnt too tan or too light. Although after a few hours my face tends to get the dewy look which turns into the oily look. I like how it starts out matte but i wish it would stayed that way. So when my face becomes oily, EM starts turning darker and a bit orangy :( The first day i wore it, EM made my face all red and itchy for some reason... I really had high hopes for this product. I really wanted a matte finish and flawless look for my oily and acne prone skin :/ It's just been my third day wearing EM...

on 9/29/2008 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I like this foundation!!!

it gives me a matte finish... and it makes my skin flawless... and the best is ... it DOESNT BREAK ME OUT!!! which is my biggest fear.

i do agree that it oxidizes a little.. especially with oilier skin. maybe it'd be better to mix it with a lighter shade?

I find it better when I use it with Clinique's pore minimizer instant perfector (i use 01 light) as it keeps my oil controlled......

another bad thing about this is... its not that great for touchups... too messy.

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!! This turns ORANGE ON ME!! I did not realize just how orange until today, I was in a hurry and couldn't find my Alima so grabbed this ...when I got to the car I flipped down the mirror and there in the light of day I sat...with an ORANGE face!! I never realized how much this oxidizes on me. My neck and my face were 2 completely different colors-UGH!! I wore this foundation for over a YEAR--and thought I had a perfect color match, which it is when its first applied, but after an hour or so it completely changes color on me. I was also appalled at how fast my face went shiny. I guess I talked myself into loving this because (1 lippie) it was so dang cheap and (2 lippie ) it doesn't contain bismuth--which makes me itchy. But, now that I moved on..I know there are much MUCH better MMU's out there. I guess it takes trial/error to find the best match.

on 9/28/2008 9:22:00 PM

This worked a lot better for me than the semi-matte foundation. I used the golden-light. This formula has a dry texture when it goes onto your skin. It controlled a little bit of oil but I still look shiny.

It's strange because I've never really looked this shiny before I switched to mineral makeup. I kind of like the natural coverage, but it still broke me out in small pimples. Whenever I don't wear this foundation I find that I have less breakouts. Maybe mineral makeup isn't for me. :(

If you're going to use this, remember to really buff it in! I found that it looked a little chalky if I didn't blend enough.