April 18, 2014 | 1778 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by mujigae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this foundation!!!

it gives me a matte finish... and it makes my skin flawless... and the best is ... it DOESNT BREAK ME OUT!!! which is my biggest fear.

i do agree that it oxidizes a little.. especially with oilier skin. maybe it'd be better to mix it with a lighter shade?

I find it better when I use it with Clinique's pore minimizer instant perfector (i use 01 light) as it keeps my oil controlled......

another bad thing about this is... its not that great for touchups... too messy.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2008 11:58:00 PM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!! This turns ORANGE ON ME!! I did not realize just how orange until today, I was in a hurry and couldn't find my Alima so grabbed this ...when I got to the car I flipped down the mirror and there in the light of day I sat...with an ORANGE face!! I never realized how much this oxidizes on me. My neck and my face were 2 completely different colors-UGH!! I wore this foundation for over a YEAR--and thought I had a perfect color match, which it is when its first applied, but after an hour or so it completely changes color on me. I was also appalled at how fast my face went shiny. I guess I talked myself into loving this because (1 lippie) it was so dang cheap and (2 lippie ) it doesn't contain bismuth--which makes me itchy. But, now that I moved on..I know there are much MUCH better MMU's out there. I guess it takes trial/error to find the best match.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by jennyyy

This worked a lot better for me than the semi-matte foundation. I used the golden-light. This formula has a dry texture when it goes onto your skin. It controlled a little bit of oil but I still look shiny.

It's strange because I've never really looked this shiny before I switched to mineral makeup. I kind of like the natural coverage, but it still broke me out in small pimples. Whenever I don't wear this foundation I find that I have less breakouts. Maybe mineral makeup isn't for me. :(

If you're going to use this, remember to really buff it in! I found that it looked a little chalky if I didn't blend enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 3:36:00 PM More reviews by JouliaGoulia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love EDM!!! I love the idea of "mineral makeup" in general-it just sounds better...lighter...ahhhh minerals :P haha! And as it goes, Bare Minerals happened to be the pioneer discovering the brave new world of rock make up...so I tried them first! How disappointing-I went to Ulta, so excited to join the millions of flawless faced women wonderfully satisfied with BE and all its promises. I sat in the chair, the lady took off all my old make up and searched out a color to match my face...
But alas! there was not one... :|
She looked and looked..even attempted to mix :/ but to no avail.
***Have you ever had an Ulta sales rep look you square in your eye and apologize (very sincerely) that she was unable to match you?
I have :P HA! If it never happened again..well..that would just be okay :|***

EDM's on the otherhand :) Has a perfect shade for my skin tone at any season of the year, its incredibly gentle (not that my skin is all that sensitive) and that "Get-three-foundations, one blush, and-a-concealer-for-only-three-dollars" idea? Golden. ;) They are winners. EDM is Boss.
~J

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best makeup I've ever used. I'm not a makeup hound though, and I stick to drugstore brands because I just don't care enough to pay lots of money. I usually get the custom kit with 6 items, and just get several of the same thing to stock up at one time. I typically have problem skin (oily and break out easily), but since I've been using Everyday Minerals, my skin has behaved better than it ever has before. I actually skip the foundation on weekdays and only wear it when I go out. For everyday use, I just use a little of the concealer powder on spots, and the tinted silk. The foundation powder is a great color match to my skin, and it adds a little more coverage and oil control.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by jaymally07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After reading so many great reviews on this product, I was like, eh, what the heck... So I took the plunge and bought the sample kit which was awesome. I liked the price of the sample kit (only s&h). When I received them, I tried it on. At first, I was blown away. I looked like I was a movie star. So airbrushed. And it felt like I had no makeup, which is a definite plus. But.... after awhile (maybe like 3-4 hours), my t-zone was showing through. My t-zone doesn't shine that much but with EDM on the zone, it was producing alot more oil than usual. So, I attempted to do some blotting. The blotting just took away the makeup. After that disappointing day, I stashed away the makeup with the other failures. Then, two months later, I figured I give it another try after hearing that my friend loved it (and she has an extremely oily face). This time though, it made me break out like crazy. Usually, I don't break out. I haven't broke out since I was in high school. But, EDM was obviously not my HG. Maybe it has something to do with the reaction of MMU and benzoyl peroxide (I use proactiv solution)?? I don't know... but I'm back to wearing nothing on my face now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by fireflyglow

After ages of searching, I think I've finally found my perfect foundation. I also used to use BE and wasn't happy; it was too shiny, the colors were always a bit off, and it didn't last very well on my combination skin. I tried EDM after reading the reviews here, and I'm glad I did!

The matte (for me) works wonders. My skin doesn't break out, but I do have oiliness, large pores, and a lot of redness as well. This takes care of all of that, not to mention that I found the perfect color to match my skintone (Beige Fairly Light). It doesn't cake at all, either like BE did. I'm definitely going to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2008 4:51:00 PM More reviews by michellemk

I LOVE THIS!!!! I ordered a couple of the sample kits this past winter, and I was able to find the perfect shade. Until recently- I only used it when I was in a hurry and didn't want to put on my liquid foundation. It is so easy to apply. But, recently- I started to break out-- so now I wear this all of the time instead of my liquid foundation. I don't know why I even messed with liquid foundation. The coverage with EM is awesome... and you don't have to put much on! It lasts all day- except for on my nose... which gets oily with anything. I just ordered my 6 piece kit and it is amazing! Try the kibuki... so soft and fun!! This is a must have makeup... much better than BE!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Soulever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have nothing but undying love for this product. I've never used powder foundations before, worrying that it would look to dry and emphasize my fine lines. Lately I've been noticing my liquid and mousse foundations are making me look older and more tired, so I decided to give the minerals a try. Little did I know that this wonderful formula would be the single foundation I've tried that gives a completely flawless, matte coverage with absolutely no migration into my eye creases!

I've order Soft Butter Peach in the sample kit and couldn't be more pleased with the lightweight feel and perfect coverage. It can be layered easily for heavier coverage on problem areas - something I would never expect from a powder.

The sunlight concealer and Sandy Fair foundation is the first concealer I've ever used that made my lower eyelids and cheek skin seem seamless, with no bags and no extra wrinkles. I'm completely floored. (So long, Lemon-Aid and Bo-Oing!)

Typically I used various tinted moisturizers, liquid foundations, and even Blemish Balm creams to go for that flawless finish, but always had issues with oil later in the day and migration. These powders almost seem to melt into my skin and the oil control is just fantastic. I don't look like I'm wearing any make-up at all! Recently I wore this while at a concert and had my picture taken. Even in the photos, my skin looked pretty amazing considering the sweating, drinking and dancing - very even and smooth. Unbelievable stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

THis is my HG!!!
I cant believe I didnt hear about this product earlier!
When I ordered the samples.. i had ordered the foundation in Semi- Matte.. but when I decided to order my kit.. i figured the matte would be better since I am oily in the T zone!

THIS stuff is amazing! It feels like u are putting silk on your face! All my girlfriends are ordering the samples and I have given them my samples cause I have the kit!

This stuff is great and so inexpensive (compared to Sheer Cover and BM that i was using)