Maybelline Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/15/2009 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Oh my goodness! I've been combating racoon eyes for the last three weeks and blaming my Paula's Choice concealer the whole time. I wouldn't think that a waterproof mascara would do this to me. It's so embarrassing because after class I have to dart straight into the bathroom to fix the inevitable damage. I've added tons of powder over my concealer and nothing worked. After reading reviews of other's racoon eyes this junk is going straight into my garbage right now!

on 1/16/2009 12:31:00 PM

I'm not sure what all the fuss is with Great Lash. Although it is definitely very waterproof (unless I've used a lot of eye gloss/moisturiser) it didn't really impress otherwise. The brush is quite small which is nifty for getting corner lashes. When it was new it made my eyelashes look quite thin/shiny/spikey looking. I've found that it works much better when the tube is a bit old and dried because it adds more volume to the lash and looks overall more natural and full.

on 1/16/2009 9:38:00 AM

I love this mascara, it's great value for money. It's as good as or better than other more expensive mascaras that I've tried. It doesn't clump, give me long dark lashes. I use the waterproof one, mainly because I'm always in the water (I'm a diving instructor) and it never runs - the flipside of this is that it's really hard to shift at the end of the day even with a good eye makeup remover but I'd rather that than have it running down my face.

I can't imagine finding a mascara much better than this one. The only other one I've found compares is BeneFit Bad Gal which is at least 3 times the price and not waterproof.

on 1/7/2009 8:46:00 PM

I've used this for years. It isn't wet at all which the main thing I like about it. I have straight eyelashes, so I curl first, then apply. My lashes stay curled all day. Most waterproof mascaras are hard to remove, if they're doing their job, therefore you use a makeup remover to take it off. In my opinion, it's the best and it's inexpensive.

on 1/3/2009 7:06:00 AM

I was quite impressed by this product. It doesn't flake off like other mascaras sometimes do and I liked the fact that it dries quite quickly (I had a mascara before this one which took agess to dry so I ended up with mascara lines all around my eye). Another thing I liked was the fact it doesn't go clumpy when I put it on. I did think it lengthened my lashes (not as well as some more expensive mascaras though) and overall I thought it was good value for money.
The one thing I found negative about it was that it's not really waterproof. I can remove it with warm water quite easily so I probably wouldn't want to wear this if I was going swimming or something.

on 1/2/2009 9:00:00 PM

I only bought this because:

1.It was near the register
2.Its been around the block
3.Good old mumzi used it!

I saw it and thought, “could this be a steal, worthy of replacing Miss. Clinique!!!” I didn't like the fact that it left little black flakes around my eyes. It's definitely not voluminous or thickening...it's good enough to just throw in my tote for touch ups.

on 12/26/2008 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I too am surprised about the negative reviews. This is a nice, light formula that indeed as one of the reviewers stated below, gives a nice feathery and full look to the lashes. I seldom wear mascara on bottom lashes so I can't vouch for smudging there, but I've had no smudging while walking in misty/drizzling rain almost on a daily basis. All WP mascaras are difficult to remove in my experience so I use Ponds' Cold Cream for this one, which helps to avoid breakage and conditions too.

on 12/21/2008 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My lashes are already long so I was looking for something that holds a curl and stays on all day - this definitely does and is not hard to remove at the end of the day. It gives a little volume, defines, and the brush is good for getting to all the lashes without any clumps. The formula is quite light and drier, so it doesn't weigh lashes down. I curl my lashes before using this, and I like the pretty lash look it gives. I would buy again.

on 12/19/2008 3:57:00 PM

My lashes are sparse, thin, have an average length and stick straight. I expect mascara to hold a curl and that's why I prefer the waterproof versions.
I love Maybelline mascaras but the first experience I had with Great Lash Waterproof was TERRIBLE.
However, I am very susceptible to marketing so I bought it once again. This mascara is quite good for a natural look. It holds my artificially curled (Shu Uemura) eyelashes perfectly. It gives a decent amount of volume and length. The price is awesome too and I do find the packaging lovely and I love the tiny brush.
The only cons I found was that it's a tad harder to remove than my other favorite mascaras (Lash Stiletto, Colossal, The Falsies, all waterproof) but with my Nivea waterproof eye make up remover + mineral oil it's not really a problem. Normally I prefer a mascara that gives my eyelashes more drama but for the price, I would definitely recommend Great Lash Waterproof mascara.

on 12/14/2008 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin, and all mascara's I have tried are never smudge free, in addition I am also Asian (oriental) which means I have very short and thin lashes. After researching all mascaras availble on the market I decided to try Maybelline great lash waterproof mascara as all most reviews on this product was excellent. I really hated it, it didn't make much difference to the volume or length and it was the worst mascara I have tried in terms of waterproof smudge free. Bascially I put this mascara on in the morning and after a train ride to work, which takes me approximately 1 hour, I looked at myself in the ladies at work as soon as I got there and the panda eyes were horrible. This product came off my lashes easily however it doesn't come of the skin with ease.