April 18, 2014 | 1990 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by 6lex10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I was recommended this product by my older sister (she has used it for the past 6 months and loves it - her skin is normal). It is a medium to full coverage with a satin to semi-matte finish.
Pros: It is relatively inexpensive for a higher end foundation. It provides a nice coverage and a beautiful finish. The color range is fantastic (I am very fair with yellow to neutral undertones and I'm a NC20), like all Mac foundations. It photographs beautifully, no flashback at all. You can wear it in several different ways: full coverage with my Sigma F80 or medium coverage with a Beauty Blender spongue. It lasts a good 8 hours. Lastly it minimizes the appearance of pores.
Cons: It breaks me out so bad!!! I haven't had the best of luck with Mac foundations: the only one that didn't break me out was Studio Sculpt; which I used to love. This foundation worked for the first week or so, but suddenly I woke up with a whole face full of acne, it really clogged my pores. I haven't broken out this bad in at least 6 months. Also it dried out my dry-combination skin so badly. Plus It clings like crazy to any dry patches and cakes up really badly. It transfers really easily onto everything in site. This foundation looks terrible at the 9th hour mark: suddenly it oxidizes to a orange color in random spots and it settles into your pores. Lastly you have to buy a pump to make this foundation work, its way to thick to try to pour it out.

I won't be buying a Mac foundation for a very long time, if ever again. I returned this product and bought a Clinique foundation, hopefully It will work better for my dry-combination and sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Dexterwooller

This is the best foundation ever!
It is very full coverage but doesn't feel heavy on the skin at all.
The choice of shades is huge.
It is perfect and I love it so much.
It feels really soft and doesn't have a horrible smell like some others do which is great!
I recently wanted to know exactly how good the coverage was for this foundation so I applied it to one ha,f of my face and the difference was unbelievable. This foundation is almost like a concealer, it really is that good and it is easy to build up too which is good if you need to apply a but more
Buy this, it'd worth every penny!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by BrandyDay

So I usually don't write positive reviews (because I never really have a reason to) but this is my HG foundation. I talked to a consultant about what foundation I should use since I have oily skin & I live in weather-crazy Texas. She suggested this so I tried it. I absolutely love it. It's not heavy at all, I forget I have it on! I apply it with a sigma F60 brush & then buff it out with a sigma F80 brush, it gives me this almost airbrushed look. I like that it has buildable coverage without looking caked on. A little goes a long way with this foundation! It lasts me a good 8-10 hours with only one touch up in the hottest part of the day. My only issue with it is that it doesn't come with a pump (so buy one!)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by kittyhendrick99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best foundation I've ever used! I've heard people saying they think it's too heavy, but I don't think it is at all! You get great coverage, an airbrushed look and it's also a great concealer. I'm pretty pale (NW13) but the colour doesn't wash me out because it's quite warm. Recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by natmc13

I have used StudioFix for a while now. I use NW25. You can wear this day to day and build it up for a more made up look. I also blend in MAC Strobe cream to add a glow x

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Without a doubt this is the most popular foundation from MAC and for good reason in my opinion. Studio Fix Fluid is a medium-buildable coverage foundation with a satin-matte finish. The finish makes it a very versatile foundation for anyone with combination, normal through to oily skin. MAC are known for their extensive shade range and I love the shades available as they cater to yellow undertones which I have trouble finding in low-end foundations. I have this in NC35 which suits me most of the time but I want to purchase other shades as I can go up to NC37-40.

Packaging wise, I'm a sucker for sleek professional packaging so the nothing fancy glass bottle with a black lid appeals to me. This is their only foundation that doesn't come with a pump and they sell one separately for an extra charge which is one negative. I did (reluctantly) buy the pump to go with it as its more hygienic to use which is a big factor for me as I have acne-prone skin.

I have oily skin and longevity wise, I find this lasts me through the day and into the early evening with just a bit of shine through my t-zone but its nothing blotting sheets and powder can't fix. In comparison to Estee Lauder's Double Wear, it isn't as long-lasting and will not withstand heat and humidity as well, but the finish isn't as matte nor as drying either which I don't like so I do prefer this. What I love most about this is the way it photographs. Despite the SPF, Studio Fix Fluid doesn't cause a white cast in flash photography so I use this exclusively for special events & weekends.

Another negative is that this contains algae/seaweed (listed as Laminaria Saccharina and Algae Extract), which is often known to irritate skin and clog pores. Most of the breakouts/reactions everyone has from this foundation I would say are probably due to this and its more likely to be an allergic reaction but it brings up pimples with it. I only use this for special occasions/nights out when I know that I will be photographed and need to look flawless. If I use it like this and make sure I remove all of my make up, I don't experience any break outs.

Overall, a really beautiful foundation that I would recommend. Works well with my oily skin and doesn't flashback so its great for special occasions. I will continue to repurchase this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Impeccablebliss

I like this foundation and I find it does light-medium coverage.. I just find it to oily I would prefer it to set or if they can get this in waterproof or something..

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by matthewsbrianna20

I tried this foundation, because I use MAC eye shadow. I figured it would be amazing like their eye shadow has always been. When I tried for a few days, I noticed that I started breaking our more than I can remember ever breaking out in the past. I can not say 100% if it was this foundation, but it would be a big coincidence if it wasn't. My forehead broke out, and around my jawbone broke out real bad. As soon as I quit using it, it went away within a week. Not only that, it really did not cover well. I tried applying a little extra, but it didn't help. It is just thin, and seems to wipe off the more you try to rub it in, I guess? I don't know, I think some of the drugstore foundations do better than this one. It is too expensive to have any doubts about it. So I don't think I will ever try it out again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:26:00 PM More reviews by lovelyyww

I hate this foundation makes me oily and breaks me out . leaves a orange look too

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by xoBellaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love the coverage of this foundation and how long it stay flawless on mu skin however it does break me out if i don't wash my face properly but the breakouts are nothing humongous i can deal with it