April 20, 2014 | 1802 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 8:17:00 AM More reviews by heatheryazbek

I have a lot of hair, but it's really fine, so I have to be careful what products I use and how much of them I use. Otherwise, my freshly washed hair ends up looking dirty :-(. I really liked this conditioner. I used a little bit less than the quarter size recommended amount, probably more like a nickel on my long hair, and when my hair dried it was fabulous! The dispenser makes it easy to get the desired amount, and for less than five bucks this is definatly a winner :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by anneshizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! at first i thought it would be one of those hair products that doesn't work, but after giving this product a chance i fell in love with it! i have split ends and my hair gets so dry. after i shower i use a dime size squirt throughout the hair and it holds down my fly away hairs and keeps my hair looking smooth throughout the day. i also love the citrus smell to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great bargain leave-in conditioner. I have very dry hair (but it's straight so I don't have a lot of frizz issues), but whenever I use this my boyfriend will tell me my hair feels soft. I've taken to using it (almost) every day, after every shower. I put about a quater-size dallop in my palm (a good amount for my short but thick hair), rub it into my palms, and then massage it though my hair evenly. My dry hair just drinks it up, so I've never had problems with "greasiness" or a "slick look" (maybe those reviewers have oily scalps?). When my hair dries it is soft and shiny and flyaways are noticeably reduced. I've actually skipped shine/smoothing serums in lieu of this. It's got the "Fructis smell", which I've always enjoyed. I like that it's in a squeeze bottle, instead of a pump bottle. And you get a pretty significant amount for only a couple bucks! I feel better about heat styling when I use this too; my hair still feels soft even after I run my flat iron over it.
I took off one lippie because the bottle says that it can be used on wet, damp, or dry hair, and this isn't so. I used it once when my hair is dry and I never will again: it did not spread OR absorb, it made my hair crunchy, and it didn't make it soft, shiny, or smooth. So, I will advise you to buy this, but only use it when your hair is at least SLIGHTLY wet.
If this continues to work for my hair I will continue to buy. Why spend oodles on a leave-in conditioner when this works so well?
UPDATE 10/31/12- I have recently decided to no longer purchase any products that are made by animal-testing companies. Garnier is one such company. Therefore, although I still love this product (in spite of not buying it for a LONG time), I am changing my "buy again." Take that as you will.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by lost25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this for sale yesterday with the lowest of expectations. I needed a leave-in conditioner, which I planned to use on the tips of my hair. I had two other products in mind, but the store didn't carry the first product and the second one didn't smell too yummy. So I thought of any cheap hair product line that smelt good. I only needed a leave-in for the tips of my hair, right? I used a very tiny drop and smoothed it on my ends. I've read some complaints about greasiness. Yeah, it would make your hair greasy if you used more than a drop (same goes for most serums). Did it work? Oh, yeah! The tips of my hair are incredibly soft, so I'm quite pleased with my bargain find. Plus the stuff smells so yummy, as opposed, to that typical salon scent.

UPDATE:
I prefer serums better since the first ingredient isn't water making them more ideal for a finishing product after straightening your hair. Plus this product feels a bit waxy and bulky in your hair. I like PM Super Skinny Serum way better, cause it doesn't feel like your putting product in you hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Azmarante

I bought this product for $2.99 (it was on sale) and I have been using this product for about two weeks.

First of all, I have very thin, limp, straight black hair. I wanted a product that will strengthen and moisturize my hair. My hair is usually soft but it gets dry during the winter.

After I take a shower, I towel dry my hair. I then squirt about a nickel size of the product, work it through my hands and then start from the ends of my hair then along the length, and whatever is left I pull through my roots. If I feel I need more, I'll squirt a little bit more.

The product has a citrus smell, which I adore, since I love citrus fruits. If you're not into those kind of smells, that I won't recommend the garnier line to you.

Final Verdict:
I notice my hair got stronger and I am loosing fewer strands of hair when I shower. It is also very soft. A couple of my hairs near the crown still stand up straight, but it can't be helped since they're short. Otherwise, I don't notice frizz.

I love the product and will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by narshkite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product. I have super curly hair which can get really dry. I used (and loved) Aveda Elixir for years, but they discontinued it about a year back, and since then I have tried tons of other products from both the salon and the drug store. I honestly think this is the best of the lot, and it is insanely cheap. I follow it with either the Aveda Flax Seed and Aloe gel or with DevaCurl Angell and my curls stay perfect. What more can I ask for?

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2009 12:12:00 AM More reviews by newyorkshopper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm usually a salon hair product person but I needed a leave in conditioner in a hurry so I grabbed this at the drug store. It works pretty well, I have really dry hair and the winter was making it worse. I could without a doubt find something better but not for the less than $3 I paid for this stuff. I used Rusk moist ends before this and did not see much of a difference between the two. What I dislike the most is the bottle, it's too wide to easily hold in your hand.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by icantflyx3

I have alot of split ends & frizzy dry hair. By the way, I straighten my hair alot. This product controls my hair from the frizz just a bit and moisturize my hair. & no, it doesnt last all day for me ): Also, I hate the feel of it & the smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2009 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Limeburst

I bought this product a while ago on a whim because my hair is kind of dry and damaged. This really did nothing to help my hair at all. It made my hair kind of dull and greasy looking, even though i used it on soaking wet hair and i only used a tiny bit. I cant imagine going through a whole bottle of this stuff since i hardly ever use it. Even if i somehow lost this bottle, i wouldnt repurchase. I am not too crazy for the smell either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lbgreeley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent product. My over processed hair sucks it up like a sponge. It smells nice and leaves my hair smoother and more manageable. My boyfriend uses it on his very curly hair and it looks great. It's inexpensive and easy to find. I've tried many expensive leave-in conditioners and I think I like this one the best. My hair is fine and leave-ins can sometimes weigh it down or leave it greasy looking but this one doesn't. I highly recommend it.