August 20, 2014 | 2115 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by photoggirltx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The stuff is awesome- my ends don't look dry, shinier hair, and way less frizzies. I put the product in my hair after showering when my hair is still damp. The first time I used it I followed the directions to use a quarter sized amount and my ends ended up looking really greasy. I have long hair so I was suprised that was too much product for me. I would recommend starting with a nickel sized amount and going from there. That seems to be the perfect amount for me.

My hair is in much better shape before styling so I can use less of my more expensive styling products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by sweetdase

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is alright. It does condition your hair but you have to watch the amount you use. I accidentally poured too much and my hair became sticky/a bit greasy afterwards. I used it when my hair was still wet and then blow dryed it and my hair became greasy feeling. So beware with the amount you use! Try to even it out in your hair if you do use a "quarter size" amount. I probably won't buy this again as there are other leave in conditioners out there. I primarily bought this as a "heat tamer" before I straighten my hair. My next product I'll try once this runs out will the TRESemme heat tamer. The garnier fructis one does have a nice smell to it and the packaging is easy to handle as it is a squeeze bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 5:20:00 AM More reviews by pixyjess115

I just tried this product out today. I was looking around for a good leave-in conditioner for awhile now. I looked at all the different types of leave-ins from random high end haircare brands online, but didn't see one that really interested me enough to go check it out in person.

I was specifically looking for a leave-in cream where the first two ingredients were not silicone, it wasn't sticky, had a lightweight texture and moisturized my dry ends. For reference I have fairly coarse, dry hair that has been dyed a few times.

I randomly took a look a this while shopping at the drugstore, and remembered that a few women on youtube used this as a part of their haircare regimen, so I decided to give it a try not expecting too much.

I am surprised and pleased with the results! Before this, I was using biosilk on the ends of my damp hair after showering and then blowdrying. While it made my hair shiny, I didn't like how it really wasn't doing anything to moisturize my hair. I feel like this cream not only adds shine but also moisturizes my hair. While it definitely doesn't create as much shine as biosilk (then again the two are different types of products) I feel better using it because i feel like it really makes my ends more moisturized. It's not sticky or heavy at all and just what I was looking for.

I'm still looking for a good heat protectant as I only use this on my ends. Preferably in a spray format as I HATE my hair being weighed down.

Overall I'm really liking the garnier brand, even though I'm kind of a hair/makeup snob. I feel like all of the products I have used by them REALLY work, and have somewhat beneficial ingredients in comparison to other drugstore brands like pantene. Plus their products have a nice smell.

They are definitely not the best but I think they are one of the better alternatives for people who don't want to spend a lot of money for haircare products. Only problem is.....I hate their green packaging! The neon green bottles seriously look tacky and cheap and hurts my eyes everytime I see it...!

Overall it's a good buy! works well, smells nice, adds light moisture and shine to my ends, inexpensive, and you get a lot of product. I would definitely buy this product again!!!
which won't be for awhile =)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by kenji2221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a leave in conditioner that wouldn't make my hair sticky or greasy and I think this is my new hg hair product. This stuff is super cheap (I got it on sale for $2.50 but I think it's normally like $4.50), it moisturizes my thick, dry hair (I'm prone to split ends and I straighten my hair sometimes), smells great, and comes with a ton of product. I used this on my damp hair, working a walnut sized amount through it (I have a lot of hair). The cream that I cought actually is the "color shield" version. Anyways, after it dried, it left my hair feeling silky and looking shiny, and my split ends were smoothed down. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 12:56:00 AM More reviews by glowkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This hair product is fabulous! It's all I need to make my hair lovely and manageable, which takes a LOT. Love the smell too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2009 8:17:00 AM More reviews by heatheryazbek

I have a lot of hair, but it's really fine, so I have to be careful what products I use and how much of them I use. Otherwise, my freshly washed hair ends up looking dirty :-(. I really liked this conditioner. I used a little bit less than the quarter size recommended amount, probably more like a nickel on my long hair, and when my hair dried it was fabulous! The dispenser makes it easy to get the desired amount, and for less than five bucks this is definatly a winner :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by anneshizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! at first i thought it would be one of those hair products that doesn't work, but after giving this product a chance i fell in love with it! i have split ends and my hair gets so dry. after i shower i use a dime size squirt throughout the hair and it holds down my fly away hairs and keeps my hair looking smooth throughout the day. i also love the citrus smell to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 12:09:00 AM More reviews by SimplePleasures

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great bargain leave-in conditioner. I have very dry hair (but it's straight so I don't have a lot of frizz issues), but whenever I use this my boyfriend will tell me my hair feels soft. I've taken to using it (almost) every day, after every shower. I put about a quater-size dallop in my palm (a good amount for my short but thick hair), rub it into my palms, and then massage it though my hair evenly. My dry hair just drinks it up, so I've never had problems with "greasiness" or a "slick look" (maybe those reviewers have oily scalps?). When my hair dries it is soft and shiny and flyaways are noticeably reduced. I've actually skipped shine/smoothing serums in lieu of this. It's got the "Fructis smell", which I've always enjoyed. I like that it's in a squeeze bottle, instead of a pump bottle. And you get a pretty significant amount for only a couple bucks! I feel better about heat styling when I use this too; my hair still feels soft even after I run my flat iron over it.
I took off one lippie because the bottle says that it can be used on wet, damp, or dry hair, and this isn't so. I used it once when my hair is dry and I never will again: it did not spread OR absorb, it made my hair crunchy, and it didn't make it soft, shiny, or smooth. So, I will advise you to buy this, but only use it when your hair is at least SLIGHTLY wet.
If this continues to work for my hair I will continue to buy. Why spend oodles on a leave-in conditioner when this works so well?
UPDATE 10/31/12- I have recently decided to no longer purchase any products that are made by animal-testing companies. Garnier is one such company. Therefore, although I still love this product (in spite of not buying it for a LONG time), I am changing my "buy again." Take that as you will.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2009 9:49:00 AM More reviews by lost25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this for sale yesterday with the lowest of expectations. I needed a leave-in conditioner, which I planned to use on the tips of my hair. I had two other products in mind, but the store didn't carry the first product and the second one didn't smell too yummy. So I thought of any cheap hair product line that smelt good. I only needed a leave-in for the tips of my hair, right? I used a very tiny drop and smoothed it on my ends. I've read some complaints about greasiness. Yeah, it would make your hair greasy if you used more than a drop (same goes for most serums). Did it work? Oh, yeah! The tips of my hair are incredibly soft, so I'm quite pleased with my bargain find. Plus the stuff smells so yummy, as opposed, to that typical salon scent.

UPDATE:
I prefer serums better since the first ingredient isn't water making them more ideal for a finishing product after straightening your hair. Plus this product feels a bit waxy and bulky in your hair. I like PM Super Skinny Serum way better, cause it doesn't feel like your putting product in you hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Azmarante

I bought this product for $2.99 (it was on sale) and I have been using this product for about two weeks.

First of all, I have very thin, limp, straight black hair. I wanted a product that will strengthen and moisturize my hair. My hair is usually soft but it gets dry during the winter.

After I take a shower, I towel dry my hair. I then squirt about a nickel size of the product, work it through my hands and then start from the ends of my hair then along the length, and whatever is left I pull through my roots. If I feel I need more, I'll squirt a little bit more.

The product has a citrus smell, which I adore, since I love citrus fruits. If you're not into those kind of smells, that I won't recommend the garnier line to you.

Final Verdict:
I notice my hair got stronger and I am loosing fewer strands of hair when I shower. It is also very soft. A couple of my hairs near the crown still stand up straight, but it can't be helped since they're short. Otherwise, I don't notice frizz.

I love the product and will definitely repurchase!