Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara

3.9

on 8/20/2007 2:19:00 PM

I bought this mascara after all the hype. I really don't understand what all the fuss is about. It didn't make any difference to my lashes at all. It didn't even look like there was any mascara going on. Will not be buying again. Not good at all!!

on 8/16/2007 7:49:00 AM

I'm not that impressed at all. It doesn't look natural, it clumps a bit, it doesn't lengthen as I thought it would, nor does it separate as good either. You have to wipe of the excess on the tube before you apply, but on the other hand, you have to do that with most mascaras. The colour black is too intense for me, it looks really hard and unnatural. I can only wear this at night when I go out if I want to look extra made up, but otherwise not. It stings my eyes a bit.Very hard to remove even though it's not waterproof, so a big minus for that. It's not horrible but I won't buy it again.

on 8/15/2007 8:51:00 AM

This is a great medium priced mascara. Initially, I used the Masterpiece Max & liked it but couldn't find it so I bought this one instead. The result is natural looking lashes but more defined. I have long but sparse lashes & this mascara make them look longer. It's not as expensive as premium brand mascaras but the finish is as good. I find that the price varies, depending on which country you buy it. I bought it for around 10 in Austria but it sells for over 15 in Greece.

Some people may complain about smudging or clumping but I haven't experienced any except when it's time to throw it away (2-3 months). I've always had those problems before but I stopped applying mascara to my bottom lashes & use oil-free eye gel. Plus, I don't pile on the mascara, just 2 layers max & leave it to dry

on 8/13/2007 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I like this mascara. it makes my lashes look feathery. it volumized my super sparse and thin lashes. the brush does a great job at separating my lashes. it even picked up the littlest/thinnest of my lashes. it would've been better if it lengthened my lashes, though. it's great for what it says on the tube (volume and definition) but i won't be buying it again unless i can't find something better (that's not too pricey).

on 8/11/2007 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is one of them with the "rubber" kind of brush, that is very good, as it spreads out each eyelash, and it makes mine look longer!

on 7/29/2007 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Cool

I like the wand of this mascara and it usually gives a clump-free finish. Sometimes, it can make a few lashes stick together but nothing very noticeable. It melts slightly in the heat which is disappointing. I find that this mascara is not very easily removed because I still get panda eyes after using eye-makeup remover and cleanser.

on 7/25/2007 12:24:00 AM

I love this! Best mascara I've used. I havent tried the exxy brands though, but I have no problem with this. It doesnt clump or smudge in the slightest throughout the day, the application is easy, it doesnt go everywhere when you apply it.

on 7/3/2007 6:34:00 AM

Not a bad mascara for the price, comparable to Chanel Inimitable but both the brush and formulation aren't as good. I'm glad I tried it but I wouldn't repurchase it unless the formulation was improved, it got clumpy very quickly, unfortunately.

on 6/28/2007 3:12:00 AM

I too like MF MP, two coats give lovely, modest doll-faced effect, separated, volumized. MP brush is good for already long and curved lashes, discovered it when tried Maybelline One-by-One. Only bad thing, removing is quite difficult, for me this point should be more comfortable and quicker. Dior Ultimeyes was really easy to remove, but not so volumizing and separating again.

on 6/23/2007 3:55:00 AM

I've been using this mascara for a couple of months now and I love it. Prior to using this I was a fan of Maybelline Full and Soft but I decided to give this a go after reading all the positive reviews. It really does live up to the hype! It gives me long, thick lashes without any lumps. I will definitely keep buying this and recommending it to others.
UPDATE: I did really like this mascara but since finding out Max Factor test on animals I've decided to stop using it and switch to cruelty-free products.

Top Rated Max Factor Products