April 25, 2014 | 849 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2007 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lily117

I love this! Best mascara I've used. I havent tried the exxy brands though, but I have no problem with this. It doesnt clump or smudge in the slightest throughout the day, the application is easy, it doesnt go everywhere when you apply it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2007 6:34:00 AM More reviews by katisha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a bad mascara for the price, comparable to Chanel Inimitable but both the brush and formulation aren't as good. I'm glad I tried it but I wouldn't repurchase it unless the formulation was improved, it got clumpy very quickly, unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2007 3:12:00 AM More reviews by ambre76

I too like MF MP, two coats give lovely, modest doll-faced effect, separated, volumized. MP brush is good for already long and curved lashes, discovered it when tried Maybelline One-by-One. Only bad thing, removing is quite difficult, for me this point should be more comfortable and quicker. Dior Ultimeyes was really easy to remove, but not so volumizing and separating again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2007 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Bazza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this mascara for a couple of months now and I love it. Prior to using this I was a fan of Maybelline Full and Soft but I decided to give this a go after reading all the positive reviews. It really does live up to the hype! It gives me long, thick lashes without any lumps. I will definitely keep buying this and recommending it to others.
UPDATE: I did really like this mascara but since finding out Max Factor test on animals I've decided to stop using it and switch to cruelty-free products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 5:37:00 AM More reviews by elusivelotus

Love this! For reference I have thin long asian lashes but my bottom lashes are very thin and sparse. I usually start by curling my lashes and putting on one coat of Maybelline Unstoppable mascara to hold my curl.
Pros: doesn't clump, very intense black colour, gives me lots of length, keeps the curl, doesn't smudge, makes my eyes even because my bottom lashes are more prominent and oh so full/dense, no flaking so far (used for a week now), doesn't irritate my eyes, & fairly easy to remove (I use either two phase eye remover or DHC deep cleansing oil).
Cons: doesn't give me as much volume as I had hoped for, nothing compares to Maybelline Volum Express Turbo but that has a tendancy to clump.
I will definetly repurchase. I love the silicon brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2007 5:36:00 PM More reviews by fuzzybee

I won't be buying this again. Nice intense black, doesn't clump, but it smudges and doesn't do anything remarkable to my lashes. Much prefer Maybelline Volum'Express waterproof.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2007 5:24:00 PM More reviews by applestar

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I was amazed at first at how this mascara made my lashes seem really long and slightly curled! However I had problems with it flaking. I don't think I'll buy it again seeing as I had to removed little black flakes from under my eyes several times a day.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 11:14:00 AM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My HG mascara! For reference I have short and straight Asian lashes. I applied it using a technique taught by a MA - which is, half close your eyes, apply the mascara at the top, from the roots to the tips. Then fully open your eyes, and apply at the bottom, also from the roots to the tips. My lashes did not clump together and the brush is fantastic. It gave lots of length and some volume, although it didn't have the ooomph of Diorshow. What I did though that worked well was use the two in layers, starting with the Max Factor, and then Diorshow (as I have the waterproof version) and then the MF again - I found that the brush smooths out the clumping (if any). The length of the MF provides a base upon which the Diorshow can then be "ooomphed" even more. Here in Australia we have the "Masterpiece Max" although in the US this is called Volume Couture. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 7:46:00 AM More reviews by Charlin

I have a real problem with smudgy mascara. For years, I have tried everything from the usual stuff in chemists to expensive brands like Clinique, Lancome and Estee Lauder. I found my HG in two mascaras; Masterpiece Max and 2000 calorie. Both are excellent and don't smudge, however, they look quite different.
2000 Calorie gives fluttery, fluffy lashes and you can build up the thickness to get very dramatic eyes.
Masterpiece Max gives me ultra defined, long, super black lashes. I have never used one with this intensity of colour. It it also one of the few mascaras that I can actually use on my lower lashes without smudging. My only complaint is that it is not always easy to get off from the base of the hairs and as it takes so long, I end up rubbing some of them out. The mascara itself is of medium thickness, not too runny or thick. It doesn't gloop and glue lashes together and doesn't flake. The brush is unusual with tiny plastic bits that stick out instead of the nylon toothbrush style bristles you normally get. This mascara is more about definition than thickness though. If you want it to hold a curl, you could try curling your lashes and using Shiseido's mascara base first before applying mascara.
It is definitely worth a try for about ten quid.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by sarfaith

Expected more from this product, ok...well it did separate my lashes like it claims to, but other than that, didnt lift or curl or make any dramatic difference.