July 29, 2014 | 2074 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by DriouxAnnaSky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

verrrrrry nice small brush to get every little lash. this is my go to for daytime, because it is dramatic but not in a "i'm ready to go clubbing" sort of way. i have very thin, short lashes, and this is lovely on them- sort of feathery looking, really, which is my favourite look! it also lengthens and volumizes in a really doe eyed way. beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Classic Lancome packaging, sleek black shiny tube, very nice but not anything special in terms of Lancome mascaras.

This mascara seperates very well and gives a nice curl. I don't even need to curl my lashes with this, but I use it on top of my Clinique lash primer. The curl holds all day and the color is dark enough. It's able to give some length as well. It has never smudged on me before, and 1 coat will get the job done.

I love this for casual everyday looks when I want clean looking nicely defined lashes with a good curl and some length. It is the one I reach for on work days when I need something that will hold all day and looks good for work or meeting people. This is not the mascara for anything dramatic though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2011 10:33:00 AM More reviews by bellyhead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gotta love it for doing what it is supposed to do. I have straight Asian eyelashes and they lack in length and volume. Without mascara, my lashes will generally stick sadly and finely straight down. I really like Definicils a lot and this tends to be my daytime go to mascara. It really adds very little volume and hopefully no one is comparing it to any big volume boosting mascaras. What is really does is provide great dark color and very nice length and definition to the lashes. The formula is on the watery side and feels light. It doesn't drag down curled lashes and it is not a clumpy formula. I can layer 3 coats easily which no clumps. They don't feel dry and crunchy, but reasonably soft and pliant.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2011 10:37:00 AM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yuck. Maybe I'm spoiled from my Dior mascara collection of Blackout, Iconic and Extase, but this mascara felt like it was straight from a drugstore. It has a roughness to it when it starts to dry and doesn't allow multiple coats without starting to clump, even if used over Lancome's own mascara base. It has the feel of say, L'oreal Lash Blast. Which is no good when you're going for a dramatic fanned-out, long, doe-eyed look. Save your $25 and put it toward a Dior mascara.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2011 9:58:00 AM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I remember this was one of the first department store mascaras I used. I have very straight Asian lashes. This mascara does define my lashes and reduces clumping. However, I remember it doesn't volumize at all. It lengthened a little. Not worth the price in my opinion. Cover Girl's lash blast does a better job of lengthening my volumizing my lashes. For dept store Dior's Black Out did a better job.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaKM

If you want a light, everyday, during the day type of mascara that curls your lashes, defines them very well, and elongates, go for the Lancome Definicils. It is a truly lash defining experience -- perfect for work because it isn't too dramatic or heavy. I feel like it is the lighter version of Maybelline's Falsies mascara. If you want more oomph, you should go for the Lancome Hypnose or Dior Show.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2011 1:23:00 PM More reviews by jessitanner

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hated this mascara.
It clumped very easily and always ALWAYS ended up smudging and going on my undereye area. I used both the waterproof and non-waterproof version and both did the aforementioned.

Worst mascara I have ever tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Madimayt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE this.
It has great staying power, looks good all day, and barely flakes.

I have to put two coats on to achieve the look I like, and I got it in deep black, and it looks kind of glossy, which I like.

Yes, $25 dollar is NUTS for mascara, but....I hear this mascara lasts foreeeeveer, so we'll see. The only downfall to me is the price.

It washes off really nicely with water and a baby wipe.
Overall, this is probably one of my favorites, if not my favorite mascara I have used!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Nothing more than an average performer. Yes, it will not smudge and is easily removed with water-based cleanser. But this is only because the consistency is too thin, which unfortunately also means that the impact on lashes is unremarkable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I recieved a mini mascara as a GWP. I'm glad I tried it, you really can see the difference compared to a ''naked'' eye. However, I personally prefer mascaras which can be removed with water (38 degrees C) like the Sensai mascaras.