April 20, 2014 | 1782 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by anshort4angel

I took my mom to Costco one day and she bought the two pack of this. She said she'd been using it for quite some time now and hadn't had any problems. On the outside of the two pack it says that it's a suncreen, nothing regarding your face - so I was a bit skeptical. When we took the two pack apart, she gave me one and it says on the actual container to use it for *face and body*. At first, I was still a bit weary since I have sensitive skin, I don't breakout regularly but when provoked - its like hell.

I've been using this for about two months now and it hasn't triggered a single breakout! I wanted to wait this long to make sure before writing a review. I love that it's not sticky. NOT AT ALL STICKY! It goes on smoothly, dries fast and... well... dry. It moisturizes just enough and leaves my skin dry and smooth, if anything it dries really fast so apply quickly. That's what i love most about it... i dont have to wait for it to dry or worry about it being sticky. My foundation and/or powder goes on just as it did before - with ease. There is a slight "sunblock" scent but it disapaits quickly.

The fact that is the highest SPF possible is amazing and gives me that reasurance when I'm out in the sun for a bit taking a walk or just shopping at an outdoor mall :) Kudos Neutrogena!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by cre8tiv390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best sunblock I have ever found for my face. It goes on light and is not greasy at all! No shine, no white residue, no stifled feeling, no stickiness (I must add that I apply only a thin layer). My skin is usually very oily, especially in my t-zone, and this actually seems to help control that oil. My face does not look shiny even after a few hours in moderate sunlight, and stays protected.

A weird thing I do: my face is sort of round and flat, but I do have visible cheekbones. On less sunny days, I apply sunblock only on my nose, forehead, and the top of my cheekbones in an attempt to keep those areas lightened so they seem to come forward, and make the sides and bottom of my face relatively tan and thus visually recede. It's hard to tell whether this actually works because this experiment has no control subject.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by lynn2525

At first, I really liked this sunscreen, but after continued use it started irritating my skin and causing little bumps although I did remove it completely (using a cleansing oil or cleansing balm). It did leave a "dry" finish when first applied, but after half an hour it did turn my skin into a shiny mess.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This sunblock tends to ball up if you accidentally rub your face after you apply it. Can sting if you have sensitive skin. And tends to melt off in streaks. Not cosmetically elegant. Definitely better sunblocks out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 8:02:00 AM More reviews by swilhelm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great sunscreen FOR THE BODY. My husband and kids use it, too. If I put it on my face, however, it will definitely clog my pores and make me break out. (I use Shiseido for that.) This is a good drugstore sunscreen with a nice texture, good UVA/UVB protection that's not super-expensive. (I have seen it at Costco/Sam's Club too.) Will repurchase for that reason... just not for the face!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am disgusted with this. I bought a two pack at costco and paid 12 or so bucks. This is labled 'waterproof' and I intended to use it on my most vulnerable parts, face, neck, chest, etc, for running. I tried putting this on as long as 45 minutes prior to leaving to run, but no matter HOW long I waited, as soon as I began to sweat, this stuff rolled off me in gross white streaks. I'm not talking about a bit of whiteness here and there-I stopped for water at a fountain, looked at my arms and they were totally white. So, how effective is high SPF if it doesn't stay put? Now, I just don't even know what to use the second bottle for. Plus, the regular price at Target is about 10 bucks. For 3oz. of product. Total junk IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Virgo03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this in both the SPF 55 and SPF 70 formulas, and didn't find either one to be "sheer". Both require a ton of blending to get rid of the white streaks and little "crumbs", but they do blend eventually. It's not bad, but I think there are better, more sheer, and less expensive sunblocks available. If you're looking for something truly sheer, I suggest Banana Boat Sun Wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by foxytina69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

ugh. i used to use neutrogena oil free spf 45 sunscreen. it was amazing. i used it EVERYDAY. now i cant find it ANYWHERE! so depressed! anyways, i tried this sunscreen, and it broke me out. enough said! good for the rest of the body i guess.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2008 8:24:00 AM More reviews by k3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

When I first tried this out on the beach I thought it was great. It melted easily into my skin and didn't leave a white cast.

When I added it into my regular skincare routine however, IT BROKE ME OUT. A week after I started using it I had 3 big zits on my face and tons of small bumps. After removing it from the routine, my face seemed to calm down but it still had the scars from the break-out (Grr!).

Also, it made my face oily and felt heavy on the skin.

Non-comedogenic? Pfft.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2008 11:37:00 AM More reviews by client9

My skin is too sensitive for this sunscreen. My skin gets all bumpy, red and I have clogged pores when I use this consecutively for two days. I have never gotten to the third day with this my face is just too irritated with this. The texture isn't that bad and it absorbs nicely with no white cast and I don't get very dry with it. My skin does look a little greasy so you I need to dust with loose powder. I was trying to be more economical with my choice but I Shiseido spf 55 lotion is still my HG sunscreen. I think I will try LRP Anthelios next and if that doesn't work I will be going back to the Shiseido. For reference I have Sensitive combo skin that is somewhat acne prone. I will use this on my body from now on.