August 22, 2014 | 1977 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2008 8:52:00 PM More reviews by LilianaF

It irritates my skin, to the point it turns red and burns!! Also I think the smell is too strong. Itís a pity, because it dries fast and doesnít leave my skin oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2008 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I am reviewing "Ultra sheer dry-touch sunblock spf50+, PA+++ with Helioplex". I suspect that outside the US, spf of more than 50 is not allowed on the label. I bought mine in Singapore. Wish I had bought two, actually since this is a very good sunscreen for the face. I suffer from melasma and live in the Mediterranean, so daily sunscreen is a must unfortunately. Most sunscreens are awful and I'm constantly on the hunt for one that does not leave a white cast, does not break me out and does not make my face greasy. This is pretty good. I'm not sure about whether it will break me out or clog my pores in the long-term (I do use BHA at night to counter any clogging effects) but I like this product because it does not leave any white cast on the face, and it does not make my skin greasy or shiny. Seriously, it leaves my face really nice and matte. Not sure how it would perform if I had to spend time outdoors in the hot sun, or do any exercise, since I have only had a chance to test it under moderate warm weather conditions. But so far, so nice! Cheap, too compared to many other facial high spf sunscreens.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by anshort4angel

I took my mom to Costco one day and she bought the two pack of this. She said she'd been using it for quite some time now and hadn't had any problems. On the outside of the two pack it says that it's a suncreen, nothing regarding your face - so I was a bit skeptical. When we took the two pack apart, she gave me one and it says on the actual container to use it for *face and body*. At first, I was still a bit weary since I have sensitive skin, I don't breakout regularly but when provoked - its like hell.

I've been using this for about two months now and it hasn't triggered a single breakout! I wanted to wait this long to make sure before writing a review. I love that it's not sticky. NOT AT ALL STICKY! It goes on smoothly, dries fast and... well... dry. It moisturizes just enough and leaves my skin dry and smooth, if anything it dries really fast so apply quickly. That's what i love most about it... i dont have to wait for it to dry or worry about it being sticky. My foundation and/or powder goes on just as it did before - with ease. There is a slight "sunblock" scent but it disapaits quickly.

The fact that is the highest SPF possible is amazing and gives me that reasurance when I'm out in the sun for a bit taking a walk or just shopping at an outdoor mall :) Kudos Neutrogena!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by cre8tiv390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best sunblock I have ever found for my face. It goes on light and is not greasy at all! No shine, no white residue, no stifled feeling, no stickiness (I must add that I apply only a thin layer). My skin is usually very oily, especially in my t-zone, and this actually seems to help control that oil. My face does not look shiny even after a few hours in moderate sunlight, and stays protected.

A weird thing I do: my face is sort of round and flat, but I do have visible cheekbones. On less sunny days, I apply sunblock only on my nose, forehead, and the top of my cheekbones in an attempt to keep those areas lightened so they seem to come forward, and make the sides and bottom of my face relatively tan and thus visually recede. It's hard to tell whether this actually works because this experiment has no control subject.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2008 11:36:00 AM More reviews by lynn2525

At first, I really liked this sunscreen, but after continued use it started irritating my skin and causing little bumps although I did remove it completely (using a cleansing oil or cleansing balm). It did leave a "dry" finish when first applied, but after half an hour it did turn my skin into a shiny mess.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This sunblock tends to ball up if you accidentally rub your face after you apply it. Can sting if you have sensitive skin. And tends to melt off in streaks. Not cosmetically elegant. Definitely better sunblocks out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 8:02:00 AM More reviews by swilhelm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this is a great sunscreen FOR THE BODY. My husband and kids use it, too. If I put it on my face, however, it will definitely clog my pores and make me break out. (I use Shiseido for that.) This is a good drugstore sunscreen with a nice texture, good UVA/UVB protection that's not super-expensive. (I have seen it at Costco/Sam's Club too.) Will repurchase for that reason... just not for the face!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am disgusted with this. I bought a two pack at costco and paid 12 or so bucks. This is labled 'waterproof' and I intended to use it on my most vulnerable parts, face, neck, chest, etc, for running. I tried putting this on as long as 45 minutes prior to leaving to run, but no matter HOW long I waited, as soon as I began to sweat, this stuff rolled off me in gross white streaks. I'm not talking about a bit of whiteness here and there-I stopped for water at a fountain, looked at my arms and they were totally white. So, how effective is high SPF if it doesn't stay put? Now, I just don't even know what to use the second bottle for. Plus, the regular price at Target is about 10 bucks. For 3oz. of product. Total junk IMO.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Virgo03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried this in both the SPF 55 and SPF 70 formulas, and didn't find either one to be "sheer". Both require a ton of blending to get rid of the white streaks and little "crumbs", but they do blend eventually. It's not bad, but I think there are better, more sheer, and less expensive sunblocks available. If you're looking for something truly sheer, I suggest Banana Boat Sun Wear.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by foxytina69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

ugh. i used to use neutrogena oil free spf 45 sunscreen. it was amazing. i used it EVERYDAY. now i cant find it ANYWHERE! so depressed! anyways, i tried this sunscreen, and it broke me out. enough said! good for the rest of the body i guess.