April 17, 2014 | 1981 users online

Shampoo - Mane 'n Tail - Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

(+):
*affordable - $6 per liter (33 ounces)
$12+ tax for 1 bottle shampoo & 1 bottle conditioner
*effective: keeps hair clean. no oily residue
*nice texture: both the shampoo and conditioner are very thick. They feel luxurious while bathing
*healthy hair: shiny, strong, and full

(-):
*difficult to find. I purchase at Sally Beauty Supply because I don't find it any place else
* I use way more conditioner than I do shampoo. I never finish a shampoo and conditioner at the same time

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Laughingles

I love this shampoo. The only thing I hate is it makes my hair dry but I got a moisturizing conditioner and my hair is fine. I read some reviews saying that there hair grew, I only saw a little bit of growth of my hair. I have only used this product 3-4 days so I might see my hair grow more. I couple days ago i got a really bad haircut so I'm happy my hair is growing more then it did before i started using this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by sarahalexandria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this stuff! Got it for $8.00/1L bottle each at Wal-Mart. I started using this about 4 months ago, I used it with the conditioner and I tried it for 2 months straight and my hair was so much stronger and shinier, and even softer after that. I tried this because I heard about the hype that it made your hair grow, nothing will magically make your hair grow... there are products that make your hair healthier and stronger, so it resists breakage and that's what this product does, and that's how it gets long using this! My hair has grown almost 2 inches since I started using this, which I'm SO happy about. I stopped using this for 2 months, used other shampoos and conditioners but they didn't do what this stuff did. I started using this shampoo with the conditioner again this week, and already I'm seeing a difference in my hair. Soft, thicker, healthier, and I'm sure it will start growing faster again. Yeah, I love this stuff. Anyone even debating using it, do it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by annieoakly

I love, love this shampoo and conditioner! I have fine hair and this really makes it strong, shiny and thicker. I love the way it smells, it's not fruity and it doesn't smell like a flower. It just smells clean!!!!!!!!! I love that!!!! I'm allergic to almost everything and I don't ever have an reaction to this! my hair just eats this up, I like to carry a travel sized tube of this conditioner around with me, and if my hair gets tangled just run a little of the conditioner on my hair and the tangles melt away and I get moisture!!!! And it smells so good! Not to mention it makes my already fast growing hair grow faster! This shampoo really gets down and cleanse the day off. My hair never feels coated with these products another thing I love about theses!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Sixh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I havent been using the product long but so far I have no problems with it. My hair is odd due to my mixed heritage, I get the best of black and caucasian worlds with my hair. It's thick and strong, but also soft and manageable. But while I have these good things, taking care of my hair is hard. It splits a lot and falls out in scary amounts during washing, I also have to wash it almost as often as a white girl because it gets greasy really fast. I've gone to a stylist since I was 9 and since then my hair hasn't really grown. Looking at [pictures made me realize that getting it done professionals was actually killing my hair. In the past six months iv'e started the natural thing. I mix my own honey and virgin olive oil conditioner treatment and that was working but my hair still wasn't growing. I started using this product three days ago and I love it so far. It does make my hair kind of dry at first, but after using a leave in from another brand (motions) it softens back up. I can't wait to see some growth and I'm sure i'll only use this product for the rest of my life.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by aliciaa33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

In my opinion, I absolutely loved this product. I've had a very good experience with it, even though i've only had it for about 2 months. Like the other comments have said, it does make your hair silky, soft, healthy and repairs split ends. But for me, I have seen my hair growing longer. It may or may not be from this shampoo and conditioner, but it has grown 2 inches in 2 months. My hair is now 20 inches. This is a great product and I do recommend you go out and trying it for yourself.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Ann06

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used mane n' tail 2 yrs ago when I still had short hair. Because we didnt have the shampoo and conditioner I usually used and I didnt have a choice, I decided to give this a try. First time I used it, my hair was so soft and shiny so I decided to use it everyday since I didnt have any problem w/ the smell. I had shoulder length hair on May which I started using this product. The first 2 months I noticed my hair got longer and my hair was below my shoulder already. Like 2 inches longer. I did a research abt this product and found out that it'll help your hair grow fast, so I was so happy since I wanted my hair to really grow faster. By december, my hair grew 7 inches long from shoulder length to above my waist. Imagine, 7 months, My hair grew 7 inches long! but the only thing I hate abt this product is that it makes ur hair really dry and brittle. So I dont recommend this product to people who dye their hair, it will only make your hair really dry. but if you want to give it a try, use the shampoo and conditioner together, rinse and deep condition your hair w/ a different conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not commenting on this particular brand as I have a different horse shampoo called equaline a conditioning shampoo for horses. I'm a self confessed shampoo whore and am always willing to try new things that can offer softer thicker healthy lustrous hair after all your hair is your crowing glory.revlon color silk had totally messed up my hair left it a mess it just hasint been the same since using it my hair has been very limp flat and thin. I read once along time ago jennifer aniston used horse shampoo,to keep her mane soft and shiny.so I thought if its good enough for her its good enough for me.after one use I was left with very soft manageable shiny hair,it also swells up the hair shaft and thoroughly cleans your scalp immediately after usage my scalp feels so invigorated and healthy its a wonderful feeling,however I wouldint use this all the time as it will dry your hair out as it thoroughly cleans it a lot more than human shampoo a good 2 to 3 times a week should do the trick.overall very pleased with my beloved horse shampoo:)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by floweryfawn

I used this before I moved onto the mositurizing version of mane n tail. I'm not sure if it was because my hair was fried, but using this shampoo and the matching conditioner made my hair feel worse. It's a shame because everyone raves about using this to make your hair grow out, and thats what I'm trying to do.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by AshleyFontenot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

deffinately makes your hair grow faster. I like this shampoo and conditioner a lot.