October 2, 2014 | 973 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this to remove my makeup! I love it, doesn't break me out more and makes skin soft. Also, it makes my eyelashes longer!! It lasts super long if I use about a nickel size of the olive oil. Wash off with water and soap or cleanser of your choice. I also do not have to worry about my eyes burning or anything weird by using other "makeup removers"...I always feel good after using it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I never, ever buy eye make up remover. Olive oil mixed with water is the perfect make up remover and it's cost effective. I also put a dab of it with my lotion for moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Redbone21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best all around beauty product I own. I use this for eye and face make-up remover. I always use make-up wipe after on my face but this completely removes water-proof eye make-up on its own. I also use this before I shampoo my curly hair. Plus good for cooking. For a bottle that lasts me months its only $6

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by mp15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG. I bought a bottle of extra virgin olive oil at wal mart for $1. I needed it for cooking once and thought I had no other need for it so I was going to throw it out when I thought of looking up ways to use it! The #1 idea was using it as makeup remover/face wash. It sounded disgusting to me when I first heard that cuz I thought all it would do is clog my pores, and why would I wanna add more oil to my already oily skin? I tried it out-splashed my face with luke warm water, put a quarter size on the palm of my hand, rubbed my palms together and massaged it on my face for one minute (including my eyes). And viola! I couldn't believe it. My skin was sooo unbelievably soft and felt so moisturized without it being sticky or greasy. I've been using it for a week and haven't broken out, which means it doesn't clog your pores!! Yay! :D its decreased the amount of blackheads on my nose and my skin is much more moisturized and healthy looking. Use in the morning and night and you won't regret it! Perfect for all skin types.

*UPDATE* I asked my dad about the idea (he's a doctor) and he said after about a month it will clog your pores and possibly make you break out. Use olive oil for a month, next month use a face wash, go back to olive oil next month, etc. Just a tip :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 5:09:00 PM More reviews by optomostichypocrite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Finally tried for the first time! My hair has been SUPER dry and tangled lately as a result of my new highlights! My hair is super fine but I have a lot of it so it is difficult to find detangling/ conditioning products which dont weigh me down!

I worked about 1/2 cup into my hair starting at the bottom and working my way up. To avoid any potential greasies I did not apply to my roots and left about a 1/2 inch but I think I will try it next time! I just braided my hair to keep it off my face and let it soak in for 45mins or so then shampood and conditioned normally! My hair felt FANTASTIC while I was rinsing in the shower before I even shampood. I was tempted to not wash it at all and may try that sometime! My hair feels absolutely silky and shiny and not weighed down at all!

WARNING! It makes your shower soo slippery so be careful!

I also combined some with epsom salts in a mug and massaged all over my body before rinsing off. Again, HEAVEN! I am glad the smell doesn't linger at all, it isn't that pleasant. Maybe in the future I will pre-mix some essential oil in for use on my body. Then again, since the smell goes away and I am lazy maybe not! At first while I was rinsing my body I thought it way wayyyy too greasy but I didn't use any body wash and continued rinsing with warm water and I was fine! My skin was LIKE BUTTER when I got out of the shower and still feels great now (that was last night) I did still follow with some body moisturiser on my arms and legs but I don't think it was completely necessary. This might be the kind of thing that is better in the evening than during the way since it did take a while to completely absorb into the skin. No staining on my light coloured sheets though!

If you haven't done so yet, TRY IT! My hair and skin feel so fantastic! I will be doing this again and again I'm sure! I agree that it should be put into another container since the packaging is not designed for cosmetic use! I will be transferring into a pump bottle I think. I will also be trying it for shaving! I have used my Neutrogena sesame body oil for shaving my bikini line but the parabens put me off and this is much cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Ajijic

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my very first review, after several years of reading MUA. I tried the EVOO after reading all the great comments. I use it as a make up remover, face and body moisturizer. Love, love, it! I have very oily skin, and EVOO has helped normalize it. I have tried the EVOO/sugar mixture, and I love that, too. EVOO has replaced so many products for me, and I will never use anything else. Thank God I finally tried this! My skin everywhere is amazing now! I live in Central Mexico so getting good effective products at an affordable price is a real issue. And, no chemicals. BUT, the OTHER reason I am writing this is this: I accidentally smeared it on my underarms a few days ago. I thought there was no sense in trying to put deodorant on top, so I didn't. Much to my surprise, I found there was no odor under my arms that day! I have tried it for several days running now, and still no odor! Could some of you try this, too, and report back?

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by stephiecarr67

OMG - to think i am 45 years old and just discoving this! I have adapted my skin type to what might me most beneficial according to this blog and a couple other websites.... I am using a 1/2 / 1/2 mixture of castor oil and EVOO with a few drops of teatree oil in a squeezie bottle, one in the shower and one in the medicine cabinet, have basically replaced the shower cleanser. night moisturiser, cleanser, toner, and day moisturizer with this mixture. Cannot believe the difference it has made to my 'old' hands - has taken off 10 years. My complexion is wonderful. My skin has a supple glow to it that I am loving. Have done twice now - got into bathtub with a little plastic bowl with about 1/2 cup of EVOO mixed with 1/2 cup sugar, taking approx 1 tablespoon at a time and gently and massaged over entire body, then turn on very warm bath to rinse off, pat try....skin is so baby smooth. I am loving this, and am sure addicted for life!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Jenkrupz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

EVOO!! I use it with a bit of sugar and warm water as scrub! Gets off all of the dead skin cells and doesn't dry your skin out what so ever. I also use it as a moisturizer for my chin and forehead as they are extremely dry. A little goes a long way. I now keep a small bottle in my washroom. BEST PRODUCT EVER. Cheap and effective!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love EVOO/cold press for taking off make-up. When I do my make up I buff it well in to my skin. But when I'm ready at night to take it off, I want it gone. No trace! EVOO does the trick. As for how is dispense it. I have a pretty little air-tight jar that I fill to the brim with cotton pads, then I soak them in the EVOO. A saturated pad is always ready when I need it. And it's amazing what comes off on the cotton. I then follow with whatever cleanser I'm in love with at the time. These days it's a gentle foaming cleanser from Lancome. I just feel like my face is cleaner after the use of the olive oil.
That is my 2cents worth.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

If you can't find a beauty use for this product you just aren't human!!!!!! This is a do-all product!!! I put it on wet cotton pads and take off my make-up including my waterproof mascara with no problems. I use it on my cuticles. Put it in my hair and let it set for 30-45 mins and rinse it out and makes my hair super soft. Mix it with my body lotion at night (too oily for the day). I did use it during the cold weather on my face at night along with Vit E oil. Works great on surgery scars also.