April 16, 2014 | 1899 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 7:27:00 AM More reviews by Icyvixen

nothing to write much, it's simply perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 1:19:00 AM More reviews by sugary_sweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

EVOO, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

- You are versatile... from food to face, you can do it all. You are no mere condiment!
- You are an excellent moisturizer. You are all-natural and extremely effective. Long term results speak volumes!
- You are an incredible makeup remover. No one should avoid wearing even the most stubborn waterproof mascara or long-wearing foundation for fear of being unable to remove it. You can (and will) take care of it swiftly and thoroughly.
- You are wonderful for warding off stretch marks.
- You are an unsung hero for acne sufferers.
- You are a tenacious crusader against the inevitable effects of aging.
- You are marvelous for eyelash growth.
- You can single-handedly defeat skin inflammation.
- You can tame otherwise unruly hair.
- You make for a kickass shaving "cream".
- You are a timeless solution for all skin woes (dating back to ancient Egypt)!

I am completely smitten. EVOO, I'm a fan for life.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Extra virgin olive oil is HG for me! I use this EVERY night to remove makeup. It removes mascara, foundation, lipsticks/stains, EVERYTHING even when they are water proof. And best of all its all natural and there is NO stinging or irritation involved..although when I do remove my eye makeup it will get into my eyes and my eyes get blurry for a minute until i wash it out but thats no big deal because it doesnt sting which is my pet peeve with makeup removers, I wont use anything if it stings.

What I do is put about a nickel/quarter size amount on my palms and rub it in my hands then pat it over my face and eyes. I let the oil sit on my face as I wipe it over my eyes to remove my eye makeup. Then I use a facial tissue (infused with lotion <3) and wipe it off my eyes and my face and all the makeup comes with it! I do not reccommend rubbing it into your skin because that can cause irritaiton and lead to break outs..you only need to let it sit for a minute to soak up the makeup and then its very easily removable : )

Afer that I folllow up with my normal cleansing routine with a facial cleanser (usually cetephil but sometimes something stronger if i feel like it!).

The only gripe I have about this is that its really messy and I still cant find a good container to store olive oil in haha, it just gets all over the place.. but I can live with that!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by annieoakly

I have to say I started using extra virgin olive oil as my shave cream because I was allergic to every shaving cream in the market .... I started to notice how good my legs looked and the rest of my body didn't look as alive. So I started using it all over my body everyday and my skin looks so good It glows. I use the HEB brand of extra virgin olive oil and I think it does a great job...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by lizzywizzy

I consider myself a long time user of EVOO having used it as a cleanser since 2008 so I thought I would share my story.
I had oily skin with frequent breakouts and it was on MUA that I first read the reviews on EVOO and decided to try it as a cleanser.
I prefer to apply it to dry skin, massage it in for a couple of minutes and then soak a face cloth in hot water and then polish it off that way.
The first time I used it I could not believe how soft my skin was, my skin felt totally cleansed and was glowing. I would have suffered from sebum build up around my nostrils and with the exfoliation from the face cloth and the EVOO, this disappeared.
After about a week, my skin purged and it was pretty bad. I developed a spot on the bridge of my nose which was the biggest spot I have ever had, no joke. It hurt to even touch it and eventually it got so big, I popped it but thats another story!
I took heart that there must be some serious yucky stuff in my pores if thats what was coming out and I persevered with using it. I know that from other reviews that this is often the point people give up but I would say stay strong!
I continued to use it and the breakout cleared up and since then my skin has balanced to me using oil on it and I can honestly say I have never looked back.
I have since read on the internet that chemically oil dissolves oil and such it is the ideal cleanser for oily skin. Because the oil production on my skin has calmed down now completely I now have very little excess oil on my face, it feels balanced, not too dry, not too oily, just supple and clean.
It's great if you've been on a night out and are wearing a lot of makeup as the EVOO just dissolves it all completely and leaves your face perfectly clean.
I still have blackheads on my face the EVOO has not rid me of them completely but before my skin sort of felt clogged and since the use of the EVOO my skin just feels like it can breathe.
I would never use another cleanser again. When I travel I dispense the oil into a little bottle that I can put in my washbag and I also use EVOO on my elbows and knees as a moisturiser when they are dry.
It is my HG product as it has so many uses and its super cheap. Just make sure you use cold pressed EVOO as it's the best quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by TheBrokenShadowsOfMySoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

BEST MAKEUP REMOVER EVER!!!!! Natural and inexpensive!!! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Green_Girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Make-up remover, hair moisturizer, skin cleanser, AND food ingredient? Talk about a multi-use product! I rub a little bit on my face and eyes to remove make-up, or mix it with castor oil to make an oil cleanser. When I do hot oil treatments on my hair, I use two tablespoons of coconut oil and one tablespoon each of honey and olive oil, since it's a little heavy. Olive oil is definitely one of my staple beauty products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by LexxiMassacre

i love olive oil i use for many things
remove makeup
night facial moisturizer
on my feet
on my legs at night
deep conditioner for my hair i especialy love using it as a hot oil treatment and with 2 eggs
this stuff is amazing !!! for removing makeup i used it with a cotton ball swipe my face then wash it off
as a facial moisturizer i love it it does nothing really to my acne it lightens up my face it leaves y face with no redness i look so glowy if there is one thing i hate other than acne is dry skin it bugs me nd it hurts nd itches even with my combo\oily skin it sinks into the face in like 10 min nd leaves my face more moisturized & no where near oily even though its an oil :) wen my feet r dry i put it on then a sock over then go to sleep
i rub on my legs after i shave wen i know im gunna wer shorts nd my legs r so soft lol if that makes sense :)
i love on my hair especially as a hot oil treatment works miracle my hair gets so soft nd looks like i hav less split ends :))) i also love using olive oil with 2 eggs on my hair leaves hair stronger and moisturized

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by helethea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Olive oil alongside other oils are great for so many reasons!

It not only takes off all makeup and cleanses my pores so well i dont even need facials! Stopped only coz i was getting lazy having to wash it off again with a face cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by dawngalindez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have really dry skin and olive oil helps a little bit but my face is still dry it makes your skin more oily than anything and i have a feeling its breaking me out because the only thing ive been using on my face is olive oil and im breaking out pretty bad i dont think it has really any benefits for dry skin