LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is fairly expensive. I find it does moisturise, but not to the degree I was expecting. The scent is very strong and if you dislike the smell of lemons, I wouldn't recommend it! I also find it is very greasy and doesn't sink into the skin and this is something I really do not like about hand creams. I need to do things with my hands and that's difficult when they are greasy. Yet I don't want to have to wipe my hands every time after I apply hand cream, I want it to sink in so I can apply it on the go.

Overall, I do not think I would purchase this again, but it would be great for people who don't need a huge moisture boost, love the smell of lemons and don't mind greasy hand creams.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I like Lemony Flutter a lot, but I really wish they'd make a smaller size. It always goes bad before I can use up half the dang tub.

on 2/15/2011 8:24:00 AM

I love Lemony Flutter! I have extremely dry, sensitive skin and I get eczema on my hands and elbows mostly during the winter. I'm always looking for a hand cream that will keep my hands feeling moisturized for as long as possible.

Lemony Flutter is labeled as a cuticle cream but I use it all over my hands, feet and elbows or where ever I have a dry patch of skin. It does take a little while to rub in but I'm fine with that because it lasts longer than most other cuticle butter/hand creams that I have tried. If you don't have the time during the day to keep rubbing it in, it also works well if you put it on before bed.

I LOVE the smell of Lemony Flutter!!! It has a very natural lemon smell...which it should since it does have a whole lemon in it! :) It smells fresh and clean. I really recommend it!

on 2/15/2011 7:57:00 AM

I bought this after reading a review stating each pot contains a whole lemon. Ordered sight unseen from LUSH. At 1.5 oz, there's a ton of cuticle butter in there. Especially since I only use a small bead of product for each hand. I have continuously dry and ragged cuticles but this stuff keeps them soft and moisturized. My fingertips also get rough and can catch on fabric, but this helps that too. A little too thick and greasy to imagine all over hands (for that, LUSH's Smitten is almondy heaven in a hand cream) unless you use cotton gloves or have some time for it to sink in. But it is that thickness that keeps your cuticles moisturized all day. This isn't one of those solid oil balms like Badger or Burts bees- it is almost like a putty in texture.

The smell I thought was overkill. My nose interpreted this as lemongrass, which isn't exactly lemon. But, it has grown on me. The impressive part is that I have actually used this stuff down to the bottom of the pot, whereas most things get used halfway before joining the unloved creams and cosmetics basket.

on 2/11/2011 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was roped into buying this while in store. The girl had me use Ocean Salt and then this. I was automatically in love and bought both on top of my other stuff. I have been by far the most disappointed with this then anything LUSH I have ever purchased. It has packaging that like all LUSH packaging, I find hard to open and close. The scent of this itself is toxic smelling. It reminds me of household cleaners and candles to repel bugs. To me it did not smell this strong in store so I don't know if I just got a specially strong jar. I have especially dry hands. In the winter my hands usually look like they have eczema. They are red and irritated looking. The cream itself is not what I was expecting. I have tried this two ways. I used it just on my cuticles and I also used it all over my hands with cotton gloves. I did not like either way. My skin did not feel any softer or smoother. And the worse part was that they smelled bad and it was an expensive bad smell. I would not repurchase this at all. I did not like the scent nor did I like the formula so to me it is just not worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think it's the best cuticle butter. One might say that it's pricy, but considering that if used as a cuticle butter only it lasts ages, I'd say that it's reasonable. As with all Lush products, it has a strong and unique smell, that not everybody is bound to love.
I luckily quite like it :-)

on 2/10/2011 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used both the original version of Lemony Flutter which contained palm kernel oil, as well as the latest version with coconut oil. I used the original version for a long time and I actually prefer it over the new version. The price of the new version was also increased by a few dollars. Boo!

The original Lemony Flutter, henceforth referred to as OLF, was a just a tiny bit waxier and melted like butter when warmed up between my fingers. It was so rich and absorbed into my skin within minutes. I used to slather on some Lemony Flutter on my hands and when I woke up in the morning, my hands were softer and smoother than satin. The texture of the old balm was also a little on the gritty side and tended to separate, but I didnít care.

New Lemony Flutter, or NLF, is not as waxy and creamier. Normally, I wouldnít mind that but the fragrance of NLF really makes me gag. OLF had a faint lemony fragrance, and while NLF has some of the same lemony fragrance, it also has a note of stank that makes me gag. Frankly, it reminds me of the smell of pig intestines. The smell dissipates quickly but the initial application never fails to make me fight back the urge to vomit violently. Right now, Iím kicking myself extra hard over my temporary fit of frugality in late 2010. I usually keep back-ups of Lemony Flutter in my refrigerator but I did not stock up on Lemony Flutter before it was reformulated and the price increased.

So, to recap: I donít like the new Lemony Flutter but stanky Lemony Flutter is better than no Lemony Flutter. The old version was HG material and gets 5 lippies from me. The new version gets maybe 4 lippies.

on 1/28/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This. Is. Awful.

I mean, it's a decent moisturizer, but for the price? Absolutely NOT. Especially considering how terrible it smells. Ladies, don't waste your money. There are other cuticle treatments out there that perform just as well (if not better) and certainly don't have headache-inducing fragrances. Yuck.

on 1/23/2011 10:32:00 AM

Amazing product! It smells of real lemons, not fake fragrance and is so easy to apply and can transform nasty cuticles overnight. Also works on gnarly skin on your feet too. Haven't tried it on my hands as it might be a bit strong but as a general butter, it's amazing. My only advice would be to stay away if you hate the smell of lemons, otherwise go and get it now!

on 1/21/2011 2:27:00 PM

The lemon smell of this stuff is heavenly and it definitely softens my cuticles but I hate the greasy residue it leaves behind. I have scooped this out of the pot and put in a bunch of little ones for my purse, backpack, etc. It lasts forever because you only need the tiniest little bit. If I ever use up an entire pot, I will be repurchasing. Nice product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials