December 21, 2014 | 885 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by Kelly9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading a review stating each pot contains a whole lemon. Ordered sight unseen from LUSH. At 1.5 oz, there's a ton of cuticle butter in there. Especially since I only use a small bead of product for each hand. I have continuously dry and ragged cuticles but this stuff keeps them soft and moisturized. My fingertips also get rough and can catch on fabric, but this helps that too. A little too thick and greasy to imagine all over hands (for that, LUSH's Smitten is almondy heaven in a hand cream) unless you use cotton gloves or have some time for it to sink in. But it is that thickness that keeps your cuticles moisturized all day. This isn't one of those solid oil balms like Badger or Burts bees- it is almost like a putty in texture.

The smell I thought was overkill. My nose interpreted this as lemongrass, which isn't exactly lemon. But, it has grown on me. The impressive part is that I have actually used this stuff down to the bottom of the pot, whereas most things get used halfway before joining the unloved creams and cosmetics basket.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was roped into buying this while in store. The girl had me use Ocean Salt and then this. I was automatically in love and bought both on top of my other stuff. I have been by far the most disappointed with this then anything LUSH I have ever purchased. It has packaging that like all LUSH packaging, I find hard to open and close. The scent of this itself is toxic smelling. It reminds me of household cleaners and candles to repel bugs. To me it did not smell this strong in store so I don't know if I just got a specially strong jar. I have especially dry hands. In the winter my hands usually look like they have eczema. They are red and irritated looking. The cream itself is not what I was expecting. I have tried this two ways. I used it just on my cuticles and I also used it all over my hands with cotton gloves. I did not like either way. My skin did not feel any softer or smoother. And the worse part was that they smelled bad and it was an expensive bad smell. I would not repurchase this at all. I did not like the scent nor did I like the formula so to me it is just not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by livingnextdoor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think it's the best cuticle butter. One might say that it's pricy, but considering that if used as a cuticle butter only it lasts ages, I'd say that it's reasonable. As with all Lush products, it has a strong and unique smell, that not everybody is bound to love.
I luckily quite like it :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 2:18:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I have used both the original version of Lemony Flutter which contained palm kernel oil, as well as the latest version with coconut oil. I used the original version for a long time and I actually prefer it over the new version. The price of the new version was also increased by a few dollars. Boo!

The original Lemony Flutter, henceforth referred to as OLF, was a just a tiny bit waxier and melted like butter when warmed up between my fingers. It was so rich and absorbed into my skin within minutes. I used to slather on some Lemony Flutter on my hands and when I woke up in the morning, my hands were softer and smoother than satin. The texture of the old balm was also a little on the gritty side and tended to separate, but I didnít care.

New Lemony Flutter, or NLF, is not as waxy and creamier. Normally, I wouldnít mind that but the fragrance of NLF really makes me gag. OLF had a faint lemony fragrance, and while NLF has some of the same lemony fragrance, it also has a note of stank that makes me gag. Frankly, it reminds me of the smell of pig intestines. The smell dissipates quickly but the initial application never fails to make me fight back the urge to vomit violently. Right now, Iím kicking myself extra hard over my temporary fit of frugality in late 2010. I usually keep back-ups of Lemony Flutter in my refrigerator but I did not stock up on Lemony Flutter before it was reformulated and the price increased.

So, to recap: I donít like the new Lemony Flutter but stanky Lemony Flutter is better than no Lemony Flutter. The old version was HG material and gets 5 lippies from me. The new version gets maybe 4 lippies.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by nrahman1993

This. Is. Awful.

I mean, it's a decent moisturizer, but for the price? Absolutely NOT. Especially considering how terrible it smells. Ladies, don't waste your money. There are other cuticle treatments out there that perform just as well (if not better) and certainly don't have headache-inducing fragrances. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by shady74

Amazing product! It smells of real lemons, not fake fragrance and is so easy to apply and can transform nasty cuticles overnight. Also works on gnarly skin on your feet too. Haven't tried it on my hands as it might be a bit strong but as a general butter, it's amazing. My only advice would be to stay away if you hate the smell of lemons, otherwise go and get it now!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by chillychili

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The lemon smell of this stuff is heavenly and it definitely softens my cuticles but I hate the greasy residue it leaves behind. I have scooped this out of the pot and put in a bunch of little ones for my purse, backpack, etc. It lasts forever because you only need the tiniest little bit. If I ever use up an entire pot, I will be repurchasing. Nice product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by ashlayton

I love this product. The SA told me because of the lemon juice in it (it has a lemon's worth) it also gets rid of dead skin cells. I used it before I pushed and trimmed my cuticles and my nails looks great. and feel great. It is very greasy so if you dislike greasiness turn away from this product. It also has a very very strong smell which I don't mind at all. My cuticles haven't looked this good in a while. And while it is expensive ($15 + tx or not depending on where you're getting it) I don't predict I'll have to buy a new one for many moons. Unless you're using it on your entire body, it will last you.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i use this as a foot cream

i usually dont use any but i got this as a gift and it feels like youre walking on clouds!

i also use it for my knees and elbows its very moisturizing i like it a lot

it is not for those who hate the smell of lemons :P

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2010 12:38:00 PM More reviews by puppyl0ve9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went and got a manicure and the lady completely messed up my cuticles to the point where they hurt. I figured LF would make me feel better.

I have a love/hate relationship with Lush. I love them one minute but the next minute Lush's products either irritate me or worsen a preexisting condition. *shrug* At the moment, I love LF. The SA told me to put it on at night, which I do and I also keep the tub next to my computer so everytime I see my cuticles, i can just swab a bit of LF and everything will be just dandy.

LF smells like the yellow/orange fruit loops. I absolutely LOVE the smell.

Hate: Lush. Spent $16 on this tiny tub that wasnt even 100% full, not even at 50%, probably a little less than that. A lesson learned to check the tubs before I checkout.