December 20, 2014 | 847 users online

Scrubs - Sugar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by toyarosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Another use for sugar that I've found wonderful is to use it in hair. I know this sounds strange, but the last time I was at the hairdresser he said that since my hair is SO dry, I should only wash it max twice a month. This seemed crazy to me, especially since I do use product regularly (I have ridiculously curly, med-fine hair) and I was worried about build-up. He told me in the interim between washings to use a combo of conditioner and brown sugar and to massage it into my scalp, and that would get rid of any build-up without drying my hair out. It works!! I just put about a tbsp or two of brown sugar in my palm and mix with conditioner and apply it to my scalp and rub in. I usually add a lil' more conditioner to my ends since they get a bit missed. I do this maybe once a week and it keeps my hair shiny and clean-feeling and no build-up! And oddly enough it somehow has helped with the minor dandruff problem I've had forever! The one annoyance is that I don't have a container for the sugar just yet so it's a slight hassle to get it out to use each time. Otherwise, I'm lovin' this suggestion and my hair has never looked better - because it's not so dry I can use a lot less product too! So great :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 7:27:00 AM More reviews by siameselouise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Although I get regular professional pedicures, I do my own manicures at home. I mix sugar with a little olive oil and use it to exfoliate my hands--I also use a little on my feet from time to time, too, in addition to my pumice sponge. It feels great and is better than any of the commercial products I've used, including Sally Hansen's skin polisher. I do my 88 year old grandmother's nails, too, and she's also a big fan of this treatment. (Who can resist a good hand massage?) For heavy-duty foot exfoliation, I substitute kosher salt for the sugar. Works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2008 3:18:00 AM More reviews by gesiting

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I just wanted to add that in addition to fine sugar, you can use Lipton's powdered green tea mixed with the oil of your choice for a body rub. It's mostly sugar, I think, but has a very fine texture and spa-like green tea smell. Costs very little but feels like a million dollars! And you can feel free to really slather it on, often.

23 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely one of the best home-fixes for a smoother face. I absolutely love mixing this with my Equate Skin Cleanser (that milky stuff in the big bottle) to get a glowing, even complexion.

I just move this around in circular motions on my face until most of the sugar dissolves, it does wonders. And because sugar doesn't harbor bacteria, is that much more safe for me to use on me acne-prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 2:59:00 AM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Used this thanks to MUA and it's great when I don't have a regular scrub. You have to be gentle with this. It's also great on the heels after showering and washing, then use this with your pumice stone for softer feet. Top off with your Vicks Vaporub and white cotton socks and in a few days your heels will be transformed. Very simple and yet inexpensive solutions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Cymbaline

I love using sugar as a body scrub, a face scrub and a hand scrub. It's cheap but it works as pricey scrubs. Also why buy a "sugar scrub" when you can just buy sugar and make it yourself??

I mix sugar in with olive oil for a great body scrub and I also mix it with face wash for a gently face scrub.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2008 6:58:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Sugar is a staple in my facial care and it's done wonderful things for my skin. It's my sole method of exfoliation these days.

When I shower (3x/week) I lather up my hands with my exquisitely gentle facial soap and then dump a few tablespoons of sugar into my palm and incorporate it all into a thick, creamy humectant scrub. The water in the soapsuds begins to dissolve the sugar crystals almost immediately, so there are no sharp gritty edges. I've never had this method irritate my face, as opposed to using sugar with oil, which is far too harsh for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by nols

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Another reason to love sugar.. :)
This is the cheapest and one of the best products that I have ever used on my skin. Cheap - coz' who doesnt have sugar in their house? And Best because it works and it's SOOO gentle! It polishes your skin gently and leaves it super soft and smooth. You can add the sugar to pretty much anything you want e.g. your everyday cleanser/
milk/honey/ wheatgerm oil/jojoba oil etc.. the possibilities are endless.
Scrub on!!
Do not use on your face as it can cause damage (tears), only use on the body.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 More reviews by lovepinkkx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

sugar is my loverrrr. i use it everyday and my face looks and feels incredible! i mix it with honey on somedays, and then i mix some jojoba oil with cetaphil plus some sugar and thenn tadahhh my skin is BABYSOFT! deffinently my HG scrub!!! (sugar mixed with anything works just about)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by greeneyedgeek19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

omg i just tried this and it was AH-MAZING!!! my face feels lovely and soft and smooth and i think my pores look smaller, it didnt irritate my skin or acne, plus i used it on my hands, lips, and elbows they have never been so soft! (oh and my mix didnt dry my skin) it makes my skin feels like a babies bottom, please never waste your money on any scrub again!! what i did was i took sum sugar (dont kno what kind but it was very fine) honey and milk and mixed them in a cup with my finger it was a little runny but i actually like it that way now! i just massaged it over my face then let it sit for a minute before rinsing off and my skin was soooo smooth! it will work anywhere its the best scrub you could get and it tasted really good too ;p i'll try to make updates when i use it more...you really need to try this its great && you can really have fun && use whatever ingredients you find in the kitchen! :) best srub ever!!