April 17, 2014 | 1375 users online

Deodorants - Tom's of Maine - Natural Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by ladydisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the "Long Lasting" deodorant stick.

I've been using Naturally Fresh Deodorant Crystal for quite awhile now, and though I really wanted to love it, it just didn't do the job for me at the end of the day. I walk 30 minutes to work every day here in Texas, and I smell when I get there. So I decided to search for a new deodorant. I was ready to pick something nasty with aluminum in it when I saw this stuff. It's a little pricey and it smells kind of weird in the tube (unscented though it may be), but it really works for me! Lasts all day on average, and since it's unscented, I don't smell like dead flowers or something when I do sweat and it kicks in. I haven't had any irritation or redness, would definitely buy again.

Edit August 2009:
I have switched back to Crystal, I did experience irritation with Tom's of Maine, unfortunately. It made my armpits raw and peel-y.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 8:45:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pits of fire. That's what I had after using this deodorant. I don't know what's in this that doesn't work with my chemistry, but my underarms were burning so bad that I had to wash it off and use coritsone cream to get my underarms to settle down before I could apply another stand-by brand. Trashed it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2007 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Kricket812

I bought the Calenduna scent. Which smells great but after several hours of wearing it I wasn't smelling the Calenduna if you know what I mean.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2007 10:21:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not all that great, slightly suckier than other not natural deordorants. The apricot is very strongly scented and while I and other around me got a little thrill of fruity scent every time I lifted my arms I won't buy this again. I always had to reapply midday when using this.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by lancomelook

I tried the new Apricot scent. I was really excited to find a natural deoderant that smelled so nice, and I was able to overlook the fact that this deoderant was in no way sealed. It didn't have the usual plastic thingy that covers the top of the stick inside the cap. Well, I wore it for one day. I was stinky by the time I got home from work (I work in an air-conditioned office and sit all day), and it gave me a rash that lasted over a week! My armpits were itchy like I had ant bites or something. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone who has sensitive skin or who sweats a reasonable amount during the day.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 4:37:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ummm this product is WET as hell!! Omg it's worse than not wearing anything because at least when you don't wear anything the only wetness you have is from your own sweat. This adds to the sweat. Stay away.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2007 11:32:00 AM More reviews by CynthiaBB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the concept of this product and really wanted to like it but unfortuately it doesn't work for me. Like another reviewer, it only lasted a few hours and then it became apparent that it was time to reapply! It smells good and goes on smooth but isn't effective in a long lasting way.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2007 5:26:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my staple deodorant for a while because it is so hard to find deodorants that aren't antiperspirants as well, and the honeysuckle rose has a great natural smell. It definitely worked, but with continued use it gave me a rash that wouldn't go away until I stopped using it, so I switched to Kiss My Face and it works really well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 2:28:00 PM More reviews by IcedTeaChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Only kept me odor free for only a few hours, after that, it was like I wasn't even wearing deodorant, ugh, had to go home and jump in the shower and then apply some REAL deodorant......I admire the fact Tom's makes natural products, but this doesn't work at all for me, sorry Tom :(

Still 2 lippies for the fact the unscented clear gel stick really is unscented and felt nice going on.......

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was using the Adidas Cotton Deoderant until for some reason it stopped working (due to seasonal change?) and I started sweating a lot more. I decided to try out this natural deoderant and picked it up in the Apricot sent. I didn't realize until I got home that it's not advertised as an anti-perspirant! Regardless though, I actually sweated less while using this - perhaps because my body wasn't fighting off some chemical that's used to block sweating? I found it funny I was sweating less with a deoderant that wasn't supposedly anti-perspirant. I don't know. Anyway, it did inhibit underarm smell. BUT I made the mistake of getting it in the apricot scent! I thought, oh this will be nice it will smell good but then I realized I smelt like one of those jelly air freshners you put in the bathroom - also, after having worn the deoderant for a whole day I will smell like rotten fruit, no kidding. The apricot smell and it turning into a rotten fruit smell by the end of the day are the only reasons why I gave it a low rating. I will try the unscented next, I have been using this one for about 3 weeks now.

ETA: I forgot about how when I shaved my underarms and accidentally razored myself just a tiny tiny bit, the deoderant caused horrible stinging, which never happened with other deoderants even if I happened to razor burn myself.

More ETA: I changed my mind.