September 2, 2014 | 1650 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS! I use it for literally EVERYTHING. Face/body/hair moisturizer, blemish spot treatment, shaving cream, makeup remover, nail treatment, seriously everything. I'm not to big on how it tastes but I didn't get it for that anyway. It's great! I get those monthly breakouts and some makeup isn't to nice to my skin, this stuff is great for that and isn't one of those oils that will cause it either, actually HELPS it. One jar for the bathroom and one for the makeup table :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The perfect product for anyone with unbearable problem skin! I had sore, itchy dry skin under my arms for 2 years (!) - unable to wear proper deoderant, painful to wear any clothes with sleeves, or shave my underarms often. Two doctors diagnosed it as a fungal infection; one diagnosed it as just really, really dry skin. I tried everything: E45 cream, various prescription-only steroid creams, Savlon, tea tree ointment, emulsifying ointment and countless 'moisturising' creams and lotions. Some of the stronger steroid creams helped the problem for a couple of weeks before the problem returned just as bad as before; I didn't want to keep using these scary, potentially harmful creams on my skin.

I bought a big tub of Barlean's cold pressed coconut oil from Amazon for 8. I loved the real coconut smell and the way it seems to melt in your fingers - it took a few days of applying on my underarms once at night to see results, but I'm so glad I tried it! My skin has the occasional dry period but it's 100x better than before - I can wear long sleeve tops, jackets and deoderant again, yay! I still apply coconut oil every evening after showering and E45 cream in the morning, though my skin's not too bad if I miss a day or two.

I did try it on the ends of my hair as a wash-out deep conditioner but it just made my hair feel greasy, flat and heavy. Think I'll just keep using it on my skin - after having such a positive effect on my life and skin problems it's been one of my best buys ever! Anyone with a similar skin problem NEEDS to try this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by CL134

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Its amazing i used it on my hair a few weeks ago and its SOO much softer and it has grow a little quicker :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Taylorlx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of the best all around beauty products I've ever invested in, Coconut Oil has yet to disappoint me no matter how I use it. Originally, I bought it to mix with other ingredients and make a hair mask, but I quickly found that just by itself, Coconut Oil has made my thick, damaged, unruly hair healthier, softer and shinier. I use it about once a week as a mask and then shampoo and condition as usual. If you have very thin hair, I suggest using minimal amounts and only on your ends, as I have found if you don't wash it out properly it does make your hair quite greasy, but I feel that's expected when putting any kind of oil on your hair. To my surprise, I didn't find the scent very strong at all. I love coconut scents, so it wouldn't bother me anyway, but Coconut Oil doesn't have an overwhelming scent. I've used it for cooking, skin moisturizer in the winter, and it makes an EXCELLENT lip moisturizer. I sometimes substitute it for chapstick or vaseline because it tastes great and really makes your lips soft. Also, I sometimes use this to wash off my eye makeup. It works like a charm. The only thing I'd say is that you should be sure to wash it all off after if using it to remove makeup, or it will leave a residue that's hard to put fresh makeup on over it the next day.

A fantastic product, I will never stop purchasing!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by gale2509

I want to love coconut oil, I want to reap the wonderful benefits other people rave about but I'm just not getting them? What am I doing wrong? In my hair it just made it lank for days after despite a few washes? It also has a distinct burning smell to me, I've tried a couple of brands I could get hold of here in Middle East but both the same a faint horrible burning smell. On my skin it made me itch like crazy, it's so greasy and that layer of slick oil it leaves behind just really makes me feel yucky! If anyone has any suggestions let me know I so want to love this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by sbowlchica

It works for some people, but not for me.

I never used it on my acne since it's comedogenic, but I would put it around my eyes as an eye cream... all it did was irritate them.

I put it on my hair... I have low porosity hair; basically, most oils or moisture treatments will sit on top of my hair instead of soaking into it. I couldn't get it out.

If you have high porosity hair, it would probably work for you, though... information here: http://www.lacocobella.com/2012/04/11/hair-porosity-its-kind-of-a-big-deal/

I tried to eat the stuff... I didn't really care for the taste and it always made me sick to my stomach. Every time I used it as a lotion my skin would get itchy. Maybe I'm allergic to it or something.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by toxickitten94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The main reason why I love this product is because it's so versatile. It can be used for skin, hair, and I've also used it to clear up a stubborn diaper rash on my daughter. If you put this on your hair after you wash it, it can make it greasy so I put it all over my hair and leave it on for about 20 minutes, and then wash and condition like normal and my hair ends up really soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 7:11:00 PM More reviews by oooHUNTRESSooo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is only for my experiences in using coconut oil on my HAIR.

My hair is naturally fine. I have an oily scalp and my ends are prone to drying, but nothing crazy.
I've used coconut oil as a weekly pre-wash treatment for a few months and it has made my hair so silky smooth and shiny. I put a small bowl with oil into warm water, melt it and spread it all over my hair. I just don't put it directly on my scalp. I try to leave it in for at least a few hours, preferably 4-6 hours.
It is a bit hard to wash out, especially if I use a sulphate-free shampoo, but I do find that 2-3 good shampooings take everything out.
From the first use I noticed my hair was getting softer, but the real results came about a month or two later.
I have never had such healthy, shiny and silky hair. It's so easy to comb it out, I practically have no split ends and the general condition of my hair is pretty great.

I haven't tried using it on my face or body because my skin is oily and prone to breakouts and the stories of big acne caused by this oil have scared me enough. And besides, I have a good skincare routine that helps keep my acne at bay (thank you Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion).

However, I will keep using and repurchasing it for my hair because the results have really been stunning.
Also, I always check to see I am buying the virgin, unrefined, cold pressed version.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by libertinexox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite moisturiser I've ever used. I've been using it for around 6 months now.. I use it on my face morning and night and sometimes as a body lotion. As a face moisturiser it's perfect. I don't know why I ever used anything else since they all have chemicals etc in them and whatever you put on your skin goes into your blood stream so you should be able to eat whatever you put on your skin!

Anyway it's not just that it's healthier, it's the results that I like.. it's the perfect amount of moisture. It makes my skin slightly glowy and dewy and just seem naturally perfect. I used to have combination skin with dry forehead and cheek patches and oily T-zone but I'd have to say that my skin is now normal, no oiliness or dryness. And on top of it it's affordable and cheap. And one thing that surprised me is that I can wear it under makeup no problem, I just have to give it some time to sink in and dry a bit before I put it on.

Also it has never made me break out as some people seem to have experienced. Maybe those people used refined instead of extra virgin?

I know it's good to eat/take internally too but for some reason I find the texture disgusting and gag every time I try to eat it. I'm trying to find a way to take it, maybe put it in a smoothie or something.

Oh and another thing I noticed is that my lashes got longer and softer and I'm pretty sure it's because I slather it on my face at night, including my eyelashes!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Summerkisses88

Been using this for about a month and can see a total different positive improvement in my skin. I been also using the oil as a scrub with sugar. And I love how wonderful my skin looks when I am done. Overall, I love this.