Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

I really like this foundation, I also prefer this formula to the others. It's not too matte and not too shiny either. Just looks like your skin only better. I use it mostly over my cheeks which tend to get a little red or blotchy sometimes. It really evens it out when I want to look nice. Never seems to fade either till I wash it off.
I also love that there is no animal testing from this company and their ingredients are healthy. I wish there was a category on here to look up make up that has no animal testing so it was easier to find.

This is my favorite formula. Intensive is too chalky, matte is too matte and oglo is too sheer for me. I have pretty good skin so I don't need much coverage. I apply this all over my face, starting from the center (T zone and fronts of cheeks), tapering it to the outer sides. I apply a little Multitasking Concealer on my spots before foundation. I use Bourgeoise concealer in my undereye circles because the MC doesn't cover that much.
I love Everyday Minerals because of their great offers. Nothing beats free samples in jars! Everyone should try it. I will buy again and again!

Best foundation of all times.

- Goes on smooth like no liquid foundation; doesn't dry or flake, doesn't clog or run
- Natural but buildable finish - more matte than oily skin, more glow than dry skin
- Very light and natural, no irritating additives, just mica, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, and iron oxides - great for extra, non-chemical sun screen
- Comes in a million colors and finishes and generous free sample packs so you will likely find your perfect match. (Though I seem to remember them having more darker shades before?)
- Very affordable!
- Not tested on animals!
- This company also has the best affordable brushes - I love the long handled kabuki brush
- Reliable company always ships my order fast

This is a pretty good Mineral foundation i have to say. The packaging is kinda awkward and its inexpensive so that was a plus.
This formula is actually really nice. Its not glittery or too matte, and the color i have, Olive Medium, is a perfect match, aside from my forehead :(. Otherwise, great product. Definitely a repurchase.

Love the finish it gives. The way it doesn't look like I've caked on makeup and doesn't look fake as some liquid foundations do when the color is off just a tad...and there is a obvious jaw line... Easy application, smooth finish, and lasts all day!

Finally a powder that matches my skin tone! I love that factor of this powder. It goes on easily & gives me a very nice even finish that doesn't look chalky or cakey. I just can't apply it to my face more than once a day otherwise I do break out & my skin dries out.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've tried the Intensive and Matte formulas before I finally moved on to this formula, and I found my match in the first sample kit I ordered (Soft Butter Peach). Matte and Intensive each gave me good coverage, but they both made my face itch, and I was very aware that it was on.

Well, semi-matte doesn't give the same level of coverage, but as someone with a lot of old acne scars (I lost that genetic lottery), it is more than acceptable. It evens out my skin tone, and does a great job of covering up the more faded scars.

My suggestions for putting it on: I use a moisturizer and sunscreen first, and let those soak in, then I apply the foundation little by little with EM's flat top brush, then I dust the top with some finishing powder. As long as I work in very light layers, the make up looks natural and great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like the semi-matte formula because it lets your skin "glow through" but doesn't look shiny even if you apply it quite a bit of it. I have sometimes quite bad zits around my mouth and chin but no zits elsewhere and red cheeks and nose. This formula evens out the redness without any concealer so I only need to add some concealer on the zits.

I have dry skin so mineral foundation works the best in summer for me. Unlike many products meant for evening out redness from the face, mineral foundation doesn't show much so I'd recommend trying it out.

No one could go wrong with this formula. It is great all year round I dare to say because it gives the inner glow to the skin but still cover redness and imperfection from the mate side or the formula. I achieve natural but better skin everytime I had this on, including the PMS time when I have some pimples.

I've tried Original Glo, Intensive, and Semi-matte formula and I like semi-matte the most! It gives such a nice finish and the coverage is pretty good! Its also much easier to blend than the original glo formula and gives a bit of sheen which is really nice=)