Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica. May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

This is a pretty good Mineral foundation i have to say. The packaging is kinda awkward and its inexpensive so that was a plus.
This formula is actually really nice. Its not glittery or too matte, and the color i have, Olive Medium, is a perfect match, aside from my forehead :(. Otherwise, great product. Definitely a repurchase.

on 6/11/2009 1:50:00 AM

Love the finish it gives. The way it doesn't look like I've caked on makeup and doesn't look fake as some liquid foundations do when the color is off just a tad...and there is a obvious jaw line... Easy application, smooth finish, and lasts all day!

on 6/8/2009 6:07:00 PM

Finally a powder that matches my skin tone! I love that factor of this powder. It goes on easily & gives me a very nice even finish that doesn't look chalky or cakey. I just can't apply it to my face more than once a day otherwise I do break out & my skin dries out.

on 6/6/2009 11:53:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've tried the Intensive and Matte formulas before I finally moved on to this formula, and I found my match in the first sample kit I ordered (Soft Butter Peach). Matte and Intensive each gave me good coverage, but they both made my face itch, and I was very aware that it was on.

Well, semi-matte doesn't give the same level of coverage, but as someone with a lot of old acne scars (I lost that genetic lottery), it is more than acceptable. It evens out my skin tone, and does a great job of covering up the more faded scars.

My suggestions for putting it on: I use a moisturizer and sunscreen first, and let those soak in, then I apply the foundation little by little with EM's flat top brush, then I dust the top with some finishing powder. As long as I work in very light layers, the make up looks natural and great.

on 6/6/2009 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I like the semi-matte formula because it lets your skin "glow through" but doesn't look shiny even if you apply it quite a bit of it. I have sometimes quite bad zits around my mouth and chin but no zits elsewhere and red cheeks and nose. This formula evens out the redness without any concealer so I only need to add some concealer on the zits.

I have dry skin so mineral foundation works the best in summer for me. Unlike many products meant for evening out redness from the face, mineral foundation doesn't show much so I'd recommend trying it out.

on 5/26/2009 2:39:00 AM

No one could go wrong with this formula. It is great all year round I dare to say because it gives the inner glow to the skin but still cover redness and imperfection from the mate side or the formula. I achieve natural but better skin everytime I had this on, including the PMS time when I have some pimples.

on 5/25/2009 1:01:00 PM

I've tried Original Glo, Intensive, and Semi-matte formula and I like semi-matte the most! It gives such a nice finish and the coverage is pretty good! Its also much easier to blend than the original glo formula and gives a bit of sheen which is really nice=)

on 5/24/2009 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I gave the free sample kit a try and ordered Winged Butter, Golden Medium, and Fawn because I wasn't quite sure which one would match my skin tone better (I ordered them all under semi-matte formula). Fawn was too light, however might work very well for me during winter time. Golden Medium was a tad too dark, but will probably look fine once I get more sun in. Winged Butter was the PERFECT match for me! I usually have trouble trying to find a shade that matches me in mineral foundation. I am so happy that Everyday Minerals has such a nice wide selection of shades and they were very nicely categorized on their website! I also love the fact that they gave little comments/descriptions of each one of their products! It definitely helped me to choose my perfect shade! I've been using this for a week now, and it hasn't broken me out yet! It doesn't dry out my skin like some mineral foundations do, lasts all day and looks very natural on me. The sheer coverage is very buildable in areas that need extra coverage. I would definately buy this product again and would highly recommend this to anyone searching for a good quality mineral foundation who have trouble shade matching. This is by far the best foundation I've used!

on 5/19/2009 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was so curious to try these out, so I ordered the sample kit.
Well.... first it looked great on my skin, I have sensitive skin, I had acne 2 years ago, but I`m fine now.
The second day I put it on my face, I turned orange in a minute! And I used the same shade as a day before, so it was kinda strange....
I used it for more than a week and than the BIG SURPRISE, my skin started to break out, LOOKED AWFUL!!!!!!! Large cystic acne all over my chin and cheeks :((((
I suffered so so much when I had acne, when I saw my face with those break-outs, I saw the old me :|

My face is still healing, but I think these break-outs will leave a mark on my face :(

SO I WILL NEVER EVER USE EVERYDAY MINERALS !!!!

on 5/14/2009 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in fawn and winged butter. I mix the two to match my skin year round. it is a great combination that neutralizes the redness from my rosacea and matches my yellow toned skin. The only other foundations that match my skin fairly well are: prescriptives chanpagne, bobbi brown beige and aromaleigh 2-3W. I use winged butter alone in summer. The semi-matte is very natural in the finish and although I use original glo in the winter, I really like the more matte finish for summer. Photographs well and no breakouts!!