July 23, 2014 | 2074 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Semi-Matte Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 11:53:00 PM More reviews by Miphin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've tried the Intensive and Matte formulas before I finally moved on to this formula, and I found my match in the first sample kit I ordered (Soft Butter Peach). Matte and Intensive each gave me good coverage, but they both made my face itch, and I was very aware that it was on.

Well, semi-matte doesn't give the same level of coverage, but as someone with a lot of old acne scars (I lost that genetic lottery), it is more than acceptable. It evens out my skin tone, and does a great job of covering up the more faded scars.

My suggestions for putting it on: I use a moisturizer and sunscreen first, and let those soak in, then I apply the foundation little by little with EM's flat top brush, then I dust the top with some finishing powder. As long as I work in very light layers, the make up looks natural and great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 10:47:00 AM More reviews by solai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like the semi-matte formula because it lets your skin "glow through" but doesn't look shiny even if you apply it quite a bit of it. I have sometimes quite bad zits around my mouth and chin but no zits elsewhere and red cheeks and nose. This formula evens out the redness without any concealer so I only need to add some concealer on the zits.

I have dry skin so mineral foundation works the best in summer for me. Unlike many products meant for evening out redness from the face, mineral foundation doesn't show much so I'd recommend trying it out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 2:39:00 AM More reviews by mypsalms

No one could go wrong with this formula. It is great all year round I dare to say because it gives the inner glow to the skin but still cover redness and imperfection from the mate side or the formula. I achieve natural but better skin everytime I had this on, including the PMS time when I have some pimples.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by loveandkiwi

I've tried Original Glo, Intensive, and Semi-matte formula and I like semi-matte the most! It gives such a nice finish and the coverage is pretty good! Its also much easier to blend than the original glo formula and gives a bit of sheen which is really nice=)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 12:36:00 AM More reviews by ET3638

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave the free sample kit a try and ordered Winged Butter, Golden Medium, and Fawn because I wasn't quite sure which one would match my skin tone better (I ordered them all under semi-matte formula). Fawn was too light, however might work very well for me during winter time. Golden Medium was a tad too dark, but will probably look fine once I get more sun in. Winged Butter was the PERFECT match for me! I usually have trouble trying to find a shade that matches me in mineral foundation. I am so happy that Everyday Minerals has such a nice wide selection of shades and they were very nicely categorized on their website! I also love the fact that they gave little comments/descriptions of each one of their products! It definitely helped me to choose my perfect shade! I've been using this for a week now, and it hasn't broken me out yet! It doesn't dry out my skin like some mineral foundations do, lasts all day and looks very natural on me. The sheer coverage is very buildable in areas that need extra coverage. I would definately buy this product again and would highly recommend this to anyone searching for a good quality mineral foundation who have trouble shade matching. This is by far the best foundation I've used!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by AnitaSmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so curious to try these out, so I ordered the sample kit.
Well.... first it looked great on my skin, I have sensitive skin, I had acne 2 years ago, but I`m fine now.
The second day I put it on my face, I turned orange in a minute! And I used the same shade as a day before, so it was kinda strange....
I used it for more than a week and than the BIG SURPRISE, my skin started to break out, LOOKED AWFUL!!!!!!! Large cystic acne all over my chin and cheeks :((((
I suffered so so much when I had acne, when I saw my face with those break-outs, I saw the old me :|

My face is still healing, but I think these break-outs will leave a mark on my face :(

SO I WILL NEVER EVER USE EVERYDAY MINERALS !!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by daz4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in fawn and winged butter. I mix the two to match my skin year round. it is a great combination that neutralizes the redness from my rosacea and matches my yellow toned skin. The only other foundations that match my skin fairly well are: prescriptives chanpagne, bobbi brown beige and aromaleigh 2-3W. I use winged butter alone in summer. The semi-matte is very natural in the finish and although I use original glo in the winter, I really like the more matte finish for summer. Photographs well and no breakouts!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Click "continued" for photos.

Pros:
Finely milled, applies smoothly
Feels like nothing on the skin
Perfect dewy finish for combination skin
Has improved the condition of my skin since I began using it 1.5 years ago, less breakouts, even complexion (it's not so much "healing" my skin as just not damaging it, like my previous liquid/powder foundations did)
Does not turn ultra shiny like Bare Minerals does on me, as it doesn't contain bismuth oxychloride, the ingredient that gives foundation that shimmer (and cause irritation on many)
Super cheap if you buy it in a kit, comes out to less than $5 in the Super Custom Kit ($50 for 12 items)

Cons:
Not extremely long-wearing; by the end of 10 hours, some spots on my face don't look as concealed as it was in the morning

For reference, I'm MAC NW-15ish and Cool in Fair Medium and Multi-tasking match me, the former's slightly pink and the latter slightly yellow, good for winter and summer respectively.

continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by liner

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great colors, but watch out for the breakouts! I hardly ever break out, but this stuff gave me three big cystic zits after just 9 days of use. It had to be the Everyday Minerals foundation (and/or the Natural Reflections finishing powder) because I didn't change anything else skincare-wise during that period. And these zits will not go away! I wish it would have worked for me because it provided a nice finish. I would get a little oily in the afternoon, but nothing too bad. For reference, I'm an NC20 and I bought Golden Fair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2009 1:47:00 PM More reviews by TinaSheipline

I have wanted to try mineral makeup for years now and could never bring myself to buy it. Bare Minerals is quite pricey and I've read too many negative reviews. I stumbled upon Everyday Minerals and thought that it sounded much better and less irritating to sensitive skin. A little about my skin, it's dry around my mouth and chin but oily everywhere else and I also break out along my jaw line. There are old acne spots and some redness. I just got my samples of EM yesterday and had to try them out immediately. I washed and moisurized, got a tiny amount of powder worked into my brush and started buffing. I couldn't notice any difference so I thought I'd try again b/c I know you are supposed to use a very small amount and I thought maybe I didn't have enough. I did this three times and still nothing. I could still see redness (I also tried the mint concealer for that) and the acne spots. I decided to try again in the morning. I did and the same thing! I can't tell any difference! It still looks like I just woke up with no makeup on. I am very dissappointed. If someone thinks I did something wrong please let me know, I'll try it again if anyone has any suggestions otherwise I'm sticking to my liquid foundation. As far as the packaging, the samples all have tape over the holes that is nearly impossible to get off.