April 21, 2014 | 1425 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by jerseychels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this primer. I have used MAC's Prep & Prime in the past, but once I ran out I wanted to find something new. I went to Sephora and tried this stuff out and fell in love with it. It's perfect on my skin and works really well with the Makeup Forever HD powder. Not sure I'll ever change my primer again :)

P.S. To the girls saying how their pores are still big with this stuff, try Benefit's POREfessional. I know a few people who have pore-related issues and swear by this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by sohipithurts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this product as it was recommended to me by a Sephora rep. The primer worked well to help my make-up stay put but did not help to smooth imperfections or control oil. Midway thorough the day my face was just as oily as usual. I would not buy this primer again, there are other primers out there that are less expensive and do a much better job.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by TopNotchCherrii

It has been a while since i reviewed anything but this just made me so frustrated!
I had been talked into getting this primer by a mua working at ulta. I told her I needed a new primer (ran out of mac prep/prime) and i needed somethng to help the foundation from settling in the lines around my nose. She said that this was her HG primer and that it helps with all her imperfections so i decided to go for it.
Its under 40 dollars which is okay if it would have worked i guess. To me its no different than MACs Matte creme (ok so Smashbox's is a little thicker in consistancy) Honestly real talk its nothing special in my opinion. Far from loving it and on the verge of hating it. Everytime i look at it, it just feels like im looking at wasted money.. i wish it would have worked for me, guess ill just keep looking :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 4:05:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaJo19

I can't say there is a big difference between this primer and other more affordable primers. I'd save your money, and buy a different one instead of spending 30 dollars!
Pro's:
Keeps Makeup On
Silky, Smooth, & Light Weight

Con's:
Smells AWFUL! (usually I hate when people say how a makeup smells bad, but this really smells bad!)
Made me break out more
Price is Awful

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 4:12:00 AM More reviews by KatDeClay13

Okay my skin is extremely oliy and I get dry patches and I have rough textured skin but after using this it seems to work amazingly perfect for my kin type and smoothes everything out. I only use a pea sized amount and it seems like it would be a problem for anyone who has sensitive or oily skin. As for my skin type it worked wonders. And it gives my skin a matte finish which is what I go for. I just use it when I think I absolutely need to though cause its crazy expensive!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by deamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought this because I thought it was going to be gentle for my oily and sensitive skin but sadly that was not the case. If I wear this 3 days in a row I tend to brake out, what I was looking for was something gentle that would work. When I apply this my skin feels soft and smooth and foundation does seem to go on easily but this has no effect on the lasting power of foundation. It actually makes my face a bit more oily. This might be perfect for gals that have dry skin. Its to expensive for a product that barely gets the job done.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I normally don't wear face primer, as I have very dry skin. However I bought this because I want to even out the texture of my skin since foundation often highlights dry patches on my skin and wears off on those places faster. Now this is only the 2nd primer I have in my collection, the first one was the Magic Studio Base by Loreal--which is an utter failure because it comes off in little flecks and hardly even does the job. So I guess this one is a better replacement for that since it doesn't rub off in small specks and it does stay on my fave prior to foundation. In terms of the wear, It helps prolong my foundation, but I would still have to touch up along my T-zone at least once. I would say I'm in the middle, I neither like it or hate it but that's also partly because I'm still skeptical at this point. But one thing's for sure, I'm glad to be using this other than my Loreal one.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by iBain300

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got the mini version of this product at sephora for $17 and was displeased. The only reason I opted for it was because I purchased it with a giftcard. The best thing abt it was it's packagaing, it was mini so great for traveling but unreasonably priced I can only imagine the full sized product price. It's expensive for no reason, my foundation transfered more with it and I got twice as oily using it. I know pleanty of drugstore primers that do a better job at half the plrice.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by jaecikae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have normal-to-dry, sensitive skin and this product is seriously great. It makes my skin feel incredibly smooth. I've been using it almost daily for a month and I swear that my skin is better even without makeup, as though it also serves as a moisturizer. Doesn't make the skin greasy -- leaves a powder smooth foundation for your concealer, powder, foundation, whatever. Makes my pores and fine lines invisible. Definitely HG for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by plasticbambi

This stuff really makes me loose faith in primers. I've never found one that works! This one like others just doesn't do anything for me. My pores are just as big. My foundation lasts the same amount of time (if not less). I have dry skin and less makes my skin look sooo shiny. I mean my skin's dull but, I don't need straight up grease. I'll go without primer before using this.