October 31, 2014 | 834 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 2:29:00 PM More reviews by JeniRyder

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Very smooth primer that makes all my foundations work well on my skin.
Helps even out my skin and let my foundation cover my acne areas better without breaking me out even further.
Unfortunately, it’s very pricey, and the ELF Mineral Face Primer is a good dupe for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by mizzcremedelacreme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is ok. I asked the SA at Sephora for a good primer because i ran out of my MAC prep and prime primer and wanted to try something different. She told me that this is a nice primer because it goes on smoothly because of the silicone in the product and it's long lasting. She was right, it does go on smoothly, but I never saw any amazing results from this as far as lasting power. I really dont think it's anything special really. I would probably get the same results with a drug store primer like Revlon's. It didn't break me out or anything which is good, but once again, it wasn't worth $30. NOTHING special! Their healthy fx foundation is AMAZING though. Perfect for me. So i love Smashbox. Just not this particular product.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ativaneyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm giving this two lippies only because it really is velvety smooth and does make foundation application slightly easier and makes my pores less visible.
that being said, every single time i have worn this, i have broken out with 1-4 huge, painful, deep cystic pimples. i know that it is this product causing the cysts because they occur within 1-3 days after wearing it and it was the only change on my makeup routine. not to mention, the cysts were mostly on my cheeks, where i NEVER, EVER get pimples. they take weeks to come to the surface and then leave a huge purplish dark blemish on my very fair skin. it's taken over six months of daily exfoliation and bi-weekly 20% salicylic acid peels for these bad boys to fade.
i have learned my lesson and will never use silicone on my face again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by ericasurvive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Although this primer is fairly pricey, it is amazing. It glides on my face super smoothly and makes my foundation look even more amazing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used this for about a year - it is a great primer in terms of easing the application of foundation and making it last longer. Initially, it gave my skin a velvety feel, which I loved. It made it incredibly easy for my make up to glide on flawlessly.

However, while it did not give me break outs, I noticed that over time it was affecting my skin (little white bumps, a lack of that natural glow). My skin felt clogged. I stopped using the Smashbox primer, and switched to Laura Mercier Radiance (which does not clog up my skin).

This is relatively pricey. 36 dollars for 1 oz - but you can cut the tube in half and make sure you get all the product out..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I used to use the light version and adored it, it still is one of my faves! But I now use Urban Decays tightening primer as its more within my price range. Anyhow, rebought my beloved Halo powder from smashbox online and was given a delux sample of this primer and also a sachet of it in the Halo box. Gave it a shot, have worn it each day for about 5 days. It's very velvety to touch, all the silicones I guess. My makeup applied like a dream (as I knew it would) and lasted, it seemed, forever! So I gets to yesterday, and I start feeling painful lumps under my skin near my nose and on my chin. My two danger zones for acne. I havnt had a breakout from a product in ages, but this seems to have caused a lovely breakout :-( painful spots have appeared, and I'm now having to slather my Duac cream on to get rid of them :-( the primer is the only change in my usual routine this past month or so, so it can't be anything else. To be truthful, my skin DOES feel a little suffocated with this primer on, feels too heavy for me, guess it clogged my pores instantly!

Great product if you don't have acne prone or sensitive skin! If you do, give the lit version a try or the UD brightening and tightening primer :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product does what I want primer to do: keeps my makeup in place throughout a long day at work. No, it hasn't improved my skin (though it certainly hasn't made it worse), nor does it feel like a particularly luxurious part of my routine, but it gets the job done, and it's a good choice if you have pretty normal skin and are looking for a no-fuss, basic primer that will keep your foundation in place and looking pretty fresh throughout the day. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy, and I actually kind of like the texture. Plus, I appreciate that it doesn't have a strong scent (I hate when products meant to be used on my face have a ton of fragrance-I always feel like I can practically taste it). I might need to switch to a more moisturizing primer in the winter, but for now, this one does what I need it to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by helenquinnmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very lucky with this product, as a local charity shop had done a deal with one of the shopping channels and were selling off loads of brand new make up at 50p a product. I snapped up about £15 worth of stuff, including this awesome primer.
I'd never really understood the need for a primer that doesnt illuminate, but this one has me totally convinced. It completely minimises the appearance of pores, makes foundation look much better and feels velvety smooth on the skin.
It was a complete bargain and i'd defo pay full whack for it next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by chantalily

Great product from a trusted company that doesn't test their products on animals. This product benefits both the skin and makeup. If you don't think your skin or ethics are worth spending a little extra on, go ahead and buy the cheap stuff.

The best thing about a primer is that you only need a tiny bit for it to do its job. If you find your face too oily after the application, you've applied too much!

I use a primer because it sets the canvas for my foundation. Applying makeup is like building anything; it's essential that you start with a strong foundation in order to keep anything you build on top of it strong. Especially if you use bronzer, blush, a highlighter, etc. on top of your foundation. If you're a busy woman constantly on the go, it's an investment to use a primer to make your makeup last all day. I personally do not have the time to reapply my makeup every 3-4 hours.

The bottom line is that a primer is definitely an investment. This primer will save you time, makeup, your skin and the environment. How awesome?

Just remember to apply a little bit at a time, as needed. You'll have this primer for awhile.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 3:00:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was not fond of this. The primer felt funny smoothing on and left my skin a little greasy. I am not really sure if this helped my makeup any longer. I did notice that I looked a little more shiny then usual. For me I do not see the hype.