July 25, 2014 | 919 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by natsnet23

this product is horrible. i felt like it made no difference on my skin and had no beneficial affects to my makeup. it didn't keep it on longer nor did it prime my face for the foundation. i will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by ImSoBrunette

I have combination skin. I have dry patches on my cheeks but an oily t-zone. Even after I exfoliate and moisturize properly, this stuff never works for me. After wearing my foundation for an hour, I find that I have dark patches where I have dryness and my foundation slides right off after applying it.

The reason I coughed up the money for this was because I was hoping it smooth my uneven skin. It did not. All it did was accentuate dryness and make my foundation slide around. It might work for others but it definitely didn't for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by Jwalash

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have extremely dry skin, so I figured a primer in addition to a moisturizer would remedy the whole makeup catching on dry skin patches thing.. It did... But it also left my face a shiny greasy mess!!! Omg I've never experienced a greasy face or acne (not even when I was a teenager), and this made me feel remorse for my fellow oily peeps! UGH GROSS! tried without a moisturizer, same thing. exfoliated my face with a rough exfoliating pad after I wore this n I was sweating grease. Yuck yuck yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by shycho

Medium Tan Asian, yellow undertones
Mac Foundation Shade NC35, C4
Combination Skin, oily at t-zone & dry at cheeks

I generally apply this product on my t-zone area, and it works great! It seems to block out any excess oil on the t-zone, and lets my foundation set on my face very well. I love the packaging of it too, easily used with a pump that allows me to control the amount of product I want to use. I like the silicone feeling it has to it, as it tends to assure that the oil will be blotted out of my skin well. Overall, I really LOVE this product, but I am kind of wary about re-purchasing as for me, the product is a little bit on the pricey side, but the cons of this product really drags me in!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Ardybobardy

Does a great job, isn't trying or greasy and really does prolong my foundation. My only beef is the price! NZD76.00 at my local store, I can get similar and better products for much less, which is what I have done. I find as well the product does not last me very long. Yes I would use it again, but only if someone was buying for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by BlendedSoul

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had a cyst/bad pimple that I messed with and ended up getting a scab. I bought the Smashbox Primer (the original one) and applied it to my face. My makeup looked awesome and the scab was easier to cover. The primer didn't totally smooth the scab over, but it did make it less "textured." My makeup went on much more smoothly. Now the scab is gone and there is a kind of "pit" in my face, where the skin is lower tha the rest of my facial skin. I put the primer on and it smoothed it out. It didnt completely fill it in, but maybe i shouldve used a bit more. Still, I'm not as self conscious. Great stuff. I will keep this in my MU drawer as a must have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After getting tired of my old primer (Philosophy The Present) not standing up to Oklahoma humidity anymore, I tried Smashbox Photo Finish Light. I liked that it was oil-free as so many primers out there are not and I dont trust an non-oil-free primer, as Im prone to blackheads and breakouts. I bought the travel size of this to try it out and Im glad I did. While it was good and lasted longer than The Present, it wasnt great. I would still have to blot and touchup my makeup midday. I was using this every day just to keep oil at bay and it wasnt doing what I needed it to. While finishing up the little tube of this, I got a sample of Photo Finish Original primer. I was thrilled to find out that the original formula is also oil-free, and it worked great. Even though the Light formula does feel a little lighter on my skin during application than the Original formula does, after a few minutes of setting on the skin I feel no difference in weight between the two and the Original out preforms Light. Photo Finish Original makes my skin incredibly matte (but not dry), smooth, soft and even. It fills any little dips or divots that Im currently battling on my face; and even though it is colorless it seems to blur imperfections, giving them a soft-focus look. My skin stays matte much longer, I dont need to blot oil for a full seven hours (I also used this formula every day). Since making the switch to Original, I have since started using Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector for Face SPF 42 PA+++ as my daytime moisturizer and sunscreen. This makes using a primer everyday unnecessary, but for special events and occasions (Church, family portraits, weddings, military balls, etc.), I definitely layer Photo Finish over my sunscreen to make my skin look flawless. I will continue to buy this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Review no. 1500! This is an amazing product, truly it is. It works very similar to my bareMinerals Prime Time, so I commend this product big time. You need only a very tiny amount for it to cover your whole face. I love that it agrees with all my foundations, no matter the kind. It does do a great job of controlling my oily combo skin, and I don't need to apply any more to my oily areas. It stays in place all day and makes my makeup really flawless! It seems to just even out my entire face, so I am so happy to have purchased this! It doesn't make my skin break out. The price for it is extremely big, making this product one of the more expensive face products I've purchased. For the $36, it is definetely something every lady should get because it really works!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by llidd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

i use the smashbox photo finish (white color) primer for the oily skin. overall i am not impressed with this product. EXPENSIVE! in fact if i use this primer in the t zone, it make my face shiny (more oily) i dont know why, when i stop using this, it was less shiny, i look like a plastic bag face who reflect light, but the good thing is it doesnt make my skin break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by SisterRay8

Hmm. I like this product when I don't wear any foundation as it leaves my complexion velvety and soft. With my mineral powder foundation (B.E) however it can become cakey and actually form granular clumps, double yuk! So for me, the two aren't great bed fellows. I have a smigeon of Photofinish left now and when it's used up on one of my no make-up days I shan't be re-purchasing as I plan on using a high SPF everyday primer that I can use with my foundation (which has SPF but not high enough) or without.