November 28, 2014 | 1732 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Petite Cherie

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2005 11:05:00 PM More reviews by tgparks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, how I love this scent! I have finally found my signature. I knew the instant I smelled it in the bottle that it was perfect for me. I had to have it. It it perfect for spring/summer as it is light, feminine, a bit fruity. The pear smell is intoxicating to me-the 1st time I wore it I couldn't stop smelling my wrist. It lasted all day on me and my husband loves it as well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2005 12:33:00 AM More reviews by cristaline

Petite Cherie is a girly, flirty, fun scent that should appeal to fruity floral lovers. While I love fruit, I can't seem to pull off smelling juicy; it doesn't mesh well with my personality or nose. A soft hint of faintly powdery vanilla overlays a medley of ripe peaches, pears, and grass. It, along with strewn floral notes, prevents the composition from becoming a fruit salad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2005 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Angeline

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Of the Annick Goutal fragrances I have tried,I like this one the best of all.I love the name and the light sweetness of it tempered by the fruityness.Very pretty and youngish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2005 9:01:00 AM More reviews by nelci1

One more time, I was seduced by the name... "Petite Cherie" (= Little Darling). Yes, it's a pretty fruity/floral.Unfortunately, on my skin, Petite Cherie turned into pears + grass :-(

..................................

18 August 2005 - My first review of this fragrance was for the EDP version. Well, I'm updating this review. The EDT and the EDP are different. Today I tested the EDT version and ... it's so beautiful!!!! Fresh pears with a hint of vanilla, and a little bit of roses. Perfect for summer time!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2005 12:05:00 PM More reviews by gigi27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like another reviewer said: a bellini in a bottle. Very fruity, not too sweet, pretty girly, good for work, and, surprisingly, better staying power than other AGs.

Not my type, really, but it's very good if you're into fruity scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2005 8:18:00 AM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I cant believe that there are people who dont like this fragrance. It is AMAZING. It smells sooooo beautiful. At first when you put it on there is a wonderful burst of pear and then it dries down to sweet fruit and flowers. Just amazing. I adore this fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2005 12:35:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been thinking about what to make of this for a while. The reason is that I sometimes find AG's scents a bit synthetic smelling. Which they shouldn't be at the price. So I was thinking 'synthetic pears or real pears, synthetic pears or real pears?' - - - And I have decided that though there is a plastic pearness to this I like it anyway. In a quirky way. I can see it on a cute girl with flicky eyeliner and a floral skirt and boots. Rather like a girl I saw on the bus the other day. She could have pulled this off. Whether I decide to buy it or not remains to be seen.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2004 11:26:00 PM More reviews by olivia

I am not usually into sweet florals, but this one is so different. For the longest time I thought I was smelling peach, now I think the actual note is pear, but a sweet and delicate pear or fruit note is what you get, and the dry down remains sweet without ever cloying or getting too syrupy.There is something perfectly balanced against the fruit to keep it light and warm but not sticky, and it never gets powdery, either. I got lots of compliments on this, usually along the lines of "that smells so feminine and soft". A great fragrance for spring and greens and purples and apricots.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2004 9:55:00 AM More reviews by littleandcute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Petite Cherie is one of the sweetest little perfumes that I have ever tried. The name puts me way off of it though, it sounds like a little girl. I wish they would name it something that I won't be embarrassed to tell people but I feel like that about lots of perfumes, it is beyond me where they come up with these names and Petite Cherie ain't half bad compared to some. It smells like just picked peaches and pears, all warm and ripe in the sunshine. That's sort of strange to me on account of peaches and pears do not at all get ripe at the same time around here but I like to think that they might in France, I doubt it though but it is a pretty thought. They don't really belong in the same fruit bowl in real life. This is fruit that hasn't been peeled yet, it's juicy and good but not like a fruit salad. Along with the warm ripe fruit is green grass and then some real faint flowers in the background. It's like sitting in the swing on Momma's back screen porch with the fruit in a bowl on the little table in the sun and the grass and the flowers are right out there in the yard. In the perfume it's the fruit that you smell first but the body cream is mostly grass and sometimes I like that better, I like to use it on my hands because it smells just fine with other perfumes, not too strong. The problem with Petite Cherie is that it's like to go bad before you can use it all, one day it's just fine and the next day it will knock you flat. But the body cream will last a good long time, I've used up most of my 150 ml tube and it still smells good but I don't know if I'll get more. You might could use up a whole bottle if you wear it a lot or swap decants. I wouldn't buy anything any bigger than a one ounce bottle of this unless I planned on wearing it most every day. I have some more different Annick Goutal perfumes in big bottles and they lasted a whole lot longer.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2004 10:47:00 PM More reviews by gumibear08

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fragrance description sounded right up my alley. I thought it would be soft fruity floral, yet somehow, it was very synthetic and there was something tart/sour in the notes, like canned pears gone bad. It lasts a long time, but the sour/synthetic note became more and more noticeable. For some, it's a "soft" fragrance but to me, it seemed "bland" rather than light or unique. Don't purchase without trying, as it is easy to buy into the wonderful description. I had high hopes and it turned out to be a synthetic, childish(nothing wrong with this aspect but not what I expected) body splash rather than a great perfume. This fragrance is not for me.