December 22, 2014 | 1807 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 9:18:00 AM More reviews by 23Melanie23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got a pot of this as I fancied a change from my usual lush cleanser - "herbalism". I found that it does cleanse my skin to a degree but not as well as I was hoping. It doesn't have much texture to it so i felt the need to really scrub it to get my face clean. I have combination skin and found that my cheeks and forehead which are quite medium to dry were left soft and fresh, my nose which can be quite oily felt coated and my chin, which is the only even skin area on my face broke out the day after I used it. Not impressed! I'd reccomend this for people with quite dry skin as I didn't feel the need to moisturise after using this cleanser, it seems a little bit too nourishing for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Blossom79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is pretty good for using over the whole face, including around the eyes, but I have managed to get small bits in which don't sting, but are anoying.
It is much more fiddly than a normal cream cleaners, with the same results. I don't find it exfoliating at all (the ocean scrub is the level of exfoliation I like).
It is fine, but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by nailgrl81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought 2.64 ounces of this at a LUSH store for about $9. Although it seems expensive, a little goes a long way, as you only use a pinch of it in your hand and mix it up with warm water. I recommend wetting your face before before using this. Don't use too much, like a big chunk or something, and only use a few drops of water for a pea-sized amount.
The lavender in the cleanser generally helps balance my oily/combination skin and my skin feels really smooth after using this. However, I'm not that big a fan of the texture of the product and the way it is packaged. The packaging could have been nicer and more secure, as when I take it with me somewhere, some of the little lavender sprigs fall out or wilt.
I would say this is pretty good for anyone's skin, although I will not be buying it again and looking for other cleansers due to the reasons described above. If you are looking for your HG cleanser, this could be a pretty good option to try out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 7:22:00 AM More reviews by eleseisgreat

I love Angels. It is my favourite facial cleanser ever. The ground almonds are perfect to give you a really gentle, everyday exfoliation and it smells divine. One of Lush's best products in my opinion!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by nadie124

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely ADORE this little pot of heaven!

I like to read up the reviews here on Lush products before I purchase because I find that although most of Lush's facial products I've used have worked well, it does appear a tad pricey. BUT it does last quite a while so it's good value for what you get - absolutely natural cleansers with no chemicals!

I found it slightly tricky to use at first, which is why I don't think I saw a difference but I found that if I used it out of the shower, on a dry freshly washed face, it works fantastically. It leaves my skin feeling BABY SOFT.. and I've never felt my face feel this soft with any other cleansers!! It almost doesn't need moisturising after.

Don't let the packaging scare you.. do what I do and use about 2-3 pea sized amounts on a dry clean face, and scrub in circles. Then wash with lukewarm water, no splashing, just gently cleaning it off your face. Be patient :)

You will not regret! I don't ever want to use a chemical cleanser again!

Absolutely beautiful product, Lush!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Michelle219

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this facial cleanser and have been using it twice daily after my Origins Clean Energy. It definitely balances my skin after I remove the makeup/oil/grime. I use a piece the size of a grape though everyone says you only need a pea sized amount I like to use more to make a thicker more separable paste. I don't think it's really that expensive compared to other cleansers. I buy a 1/4 lb. at $13 with tax that will last (2) months. Overall I like what it does for my skin, I find the concept of creating the cleanser interesting, I like the natural ingredients, and the smell is nice. AOBS has become a permanent part of my skin care regime.

UPDATE: My love affair with AOB has ended. I began breaking out - maybe the warmer months are not the best time to use this product. I will freeze what I have and start using it again when it gets cold

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 10:00:00 AM More reviews by hstln92

I got a sample of this product a couple of weeks ago. I was walking past a LUSH shop and it had poster in the window saying something about them selling the worlds best cleanser. So i though I'd pop in and find out what all the fuss is about. So its all natural products, can't remember exactly but something along the lines of vinegar, lavendar and almonds. I really like this product. After using it for two weeks straight my skin feels fantastic... sometimes I'm tempted to not even moisturise because it leaves my skin so soft and wonderful.
Some people will probably find this product inconvenient as you have to mix it into a past yourself... I say, 'get over it'! It is worth the trouble! I should also add that I have quite sensitive skin so this is great for me! The best part about this product is the almonds... they exfoliate effectively but gently... great!

It is a little dear (all LUSH products are) but if you are like me and have trouble finding reliable and non allergenic products It is definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2012 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Pinkysillar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely heavenly.
No, it is not as convenient as most cleansers, and it does not remove makeup.
BUT it more than makes up for it by buffing the skin to leave it fresh and glowing.
Be sure to use it on your neck and decolletage, and also your hands. It leaves them baby soft.

Best thing about this is it contains only natural ingredients so its great for you and the environment, and the packaging is recyclable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ewhidden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

definitely an amazing product. I've tried so many products that don't end up working that I have half used cleanser all over my bathroom. but this was a life saver. I bought it after using other Lush products and reading great reviews on this one. I have combination skin - some dry spots, some oily spots. after one use you can easily feel the effects on this cleanser, it makes your skin feel super clean and soft. and after probably 3 uses I saw my acne fading. (I have pretty consistent bumps) I don't bring this in the shower as I'm nervous about the moisture affecting the product, so I break off some and just bring that little amount in the shower to use - less messy and much easier. I finally have clear skin after using this for about 3 weeks. and it balances my skin out amazingly - doesn't dry it, but keeps down the oil as well. another thing - I've always had blackheads on my nose, and after many products I had simply given up on tying to get rid of them, I just ignored them. I wasn't even looking to control them when I bought this product, just my big acne marks. but my blackheads have been diminishing ever since I started using this, only product that has ever done that for me! I'm so happy with this cleanser. yes, a little messy and takes getting used to the solid form but soooo worth it. and if you're complaining about it not being a "'make up remover"... it's called angels on BARE skin for a reason. seems a little expensive when first buying it but it lasts so long so it's really not expensive on the long run. I use this and then moisturize with cosmetic lad on my face. definitely recommend this x10

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Katie486

I got a sample of this product from lush, I found it was alot messier than a conventional cleanser but I didn't mind that, also enjoyed the natural herbal smell and texture. This product left my skin feeling really clean and really soft, no redness after I used it and my skin didn't have that tight irritated feeling that some cleansers can leave your skin like. I really wanted to love this product however I found after a couple of uses it started to break me out. So dissapointed. Might work for some but didnt work for me.