MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

This is an interesting color. On me, it's a pale grey/green that flashes pink. I think it's very versatile and goes with many colors. I like it best as a lid shade, with Trax or Humid in the crease. It also works well with Club and Satin Taupe. I took one lippie off because it could stand to be a bit more pigmented. I'm a lighter MMM with medium brown hair and hazel eyes.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I use this colour sparingly, as I can't seem to make this colour look as gorgeous on my eyes as it does in the packaging.
Good texture, beautiful shade- hints of green and some other colour I can't put my finger on; lovely when used right. My teacher uses this all over and it looks great on her beige-y skin, but when I use this eyeshadow the same way it looks uneven and just not lovely. I won't repurchase, but I'm sure this can look amazing on other people.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

NC20, I just can't make this work. The greenish undertones are just not right for me. Great texture, easy to blend like most of MAC shadows (except Deep Truth) but the opalescent color which attracted me to this and looks so lovely on the back of my hand does nothing for my eyes. Edit: What was I thinking? One of my most-used now. Lovely as a wash underneath Steamy and anything else I need to tone down a bit. Excellent wear.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite MAC eye shadow colours. I have repurchased VEX at least 4 times. I love how it looks with my green eyes, and it goes with almost any colour. You can use it as a base shadow on your lids and even as a highlighter under your brow. It looks great with shale and trax shadows. Also works well with green shadows. Like may other people said, it can look different colours depending on how you look at it, hints of green, gold, and even purple. Love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

When I saw this in the store I was wary but I bought in on a whim but the first time I wore it i was won over! It's a shimmer greenish/opal/violet color that shimmers in the light. It's awesome alone for a lighter look or it makes an amazing highlighter with mothbrown or greensmoke. I love it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

RIS and I'm on the fence with this color. For a duochrome, it only shows up as one color on me - Frosty pink/purple. While this is alright with me, I was kind of hoping it would come out a little more on the green side. I wouldn't repurchase though because I already have similar colors.

I love all the shades that this chameleon of a color provides, be it grey in my crease, green on the browbone, or pink on my lid. It has a great textre, good shimmer, but not overkill, and good pigmentation. my fav way to wear this is over Urban Decay's Acid rain on the lid and have VEX fade from the crease to the browbone.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

They should rename this to: "How Odd!". :)When i tried it on the back of my hand, the Pink showed up lovely and all shimmery in a not-chalky way. When i got home and tried it on my eyes, the GREEN showed up instead with some sorta yellowish tinge as well. The more i applied, the more yellow-green it showed up. This neither suits my colouring nor my eyes. This would work better for someone who's lighter skinned and maybe neutral/warmer toned. i'm sorta NC43/45 or CoverFX I40/B15 for reference. continued >>

This is a hard color to describe - on me it is a pale shimmery grey color when I use ti on my lid. As a browbone highlight it has a wierd green shimmer that looks awful. I hate this as a highlight but adore it as a lid color - makes my eyes have this ethereal sort of glow. I use it on the lid with smoked liner and a dark color in the crease. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Although this is not a must-have color IMO, it's really nice as a wash and coordinates with all kinds of other colors so it's versatile. It is an interesting light grey with pink and green duochrome that is actually flattering on my dark brown eyes. I love to use this when I am in the mood for something different.

Top Rated MAC Products