July 25, 2014 | 1806 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2007 5:33:00 PM More reviews by caleee143

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

RIS and I'm on the fence with this color. For a duochrome, it only shows up as one color on me - Frosty pink/purple. While this is alright with me, I was kind of hoping it would come out a little more on the green side. I wouldn't repurchase though because I already have similar colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2007 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Hanyougirl

I love all the shades that this chameleon of a color provides, be it grey in my crease, green on the browbone, or pink on my lid. It has a great textre, good shimmer, but not overkill, and good pigmentation. my fav way to wear this is over Urban Decay's Acid rain on the lid and have VEX fade from the crease to the browbone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They should rename this to: "How Odd!". :)When i tried it on the back of my hand, the Pink showed up lovely and all shimmery in a not-chalky way. When i got home and tried it on my eyes, the GREEN showed up instead with some sorta yellowish tinge as well. The more i applied, the more yellow-green it showed up. This neither suits my colouring nor my eyes. This would work better for someone who's lighter skinned and maybe neutral/warmer toned. i'm sorta NC43/45 or CoverFX I40/B15 for reference. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2007 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Shavwi

This is a hard color to describe - on me it is a pale shimmery grey color when I use ti on my lid. As a browbone highlight it has a wierd green shimmer that looks awful. I hate this as a highlight but adore it as a lid color - makes my eyes have this ethereal sort of glow. I use it on the lid with smoked liner and a dark color in the crease. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2006 7:47:00 AM More reviews by chocmartini00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although this is not a must-have color IMO, it's really nice as a wash and coordinates with all kinds of other colors so it's versatile. It is an interesting light grey with pink and green duochrome that is actually flattering on my dark brown eyes. I love to use this when I am in the mood for something different.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2006 10:07:00 PM More reviews by GreatNaNa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is one of my first eyeshadows ever. I can pretty much say I like this color. Its subtle and gorgeous. Put a cotton ball in it though it may break like mine did.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2006 9:06:00 PM More reviews by poeticdancer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I alternate this daily with Naked Lunch. The hints of green really compliment my brown eyes. I do think it would look a bit nicer on someone with a bit of a tan though.
*UPDATE* Lately I have been noticing how I look in pictures of me that were taken while I was wearing this. I look so incredibly pale and my skin takes on a yellowish cast. My eye area looks very dull and my large brown eyes look small and lifeless.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2006 5:06:00 PM More reviews by seagoddess35

Nice shade, have it in my palette, goes with a lot of shades, or just plain or a highlighter. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by platinumrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My new favorite for my hazel eyes. I am fairly fair- NW 15 Studio Fix with red brown hair. I use vex on my entire lid. Then I use trax in the crease and put a little tab of pink venus on the outer edge of my eye. Black Plum liner (bobbi Brown) or prunella and this is gorgeous.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2006 1:41:00 PM More reviews by sara09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this e/s! I have this as a part of the tailormade warm palette, and i'm thinking of buying Holiday 2006 Smoked palette because of this e/s. Vex is rather unique, you wouldnít find a similar color anywhere else. It's a duocrome complex shade thatís not easy to describe: it looks just meh in the pan, but when you apply itís oomph! I would say color itís whitish gray, but I see a lot of silver and some green and pink in it too. I use it all over upper lid and often pair it with some shimmering taupe in the crease (with Stila Diamond ĎLil it makes a stunning combo) but itís such a versatile color you can use it with virtually every shade: everytime it gives such a sophisticated and beautiful look! A staple is my e/s arsenal. [For reference, Iím NW 15-20, brunette, brown eyes]