MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

on 3/27/2013 7:51:00 PM

Love it. Glides on smoothly.. stays on no smudges or racoon eyes here.

on 3/21/2013 3:52:00 AM

I really like it! It stays in place forever :)

on 3/20/2013 1:21:00 PM

There are reasons why Blacktrack is one of the most reviewed and highly rated products on MUA. It's a great black gel liner that I have used for the last few years -- very pigmented and easy to use, even for those new to makeup or with shaky hands (I was both when I started using this liner). If you typically use pencil or liquid, I highly recommend trying out any of the MAC fluidlines.

The only two negatives is that this does create the raccoon look for me by mid-afternoon, but I also live in a warm/humid climate and I frequently forget to use an eyeshadow base. I actually started using Dipdown (dark brown Fluidliner), and Dipdown does not create this effect. Yet, I understand how others may be reluctant to start using dark brown liner. And with other Fluidline gels, this one also dries out after about a year's use.

on 3/19/2013 1:27:00 AM

I have to say that when i first bought this product i was still a newbie at putting on eyeliner and it would take me several tries to achieve the perfect look. With that being said, if you do not have much practice putting on gel eyeliner then this might not be for you hahah! The first time i used this i looked like a panda and had to start over about 10 times. It takes a while to skill how to use the brush and to know just how much eyeliner to put on it. If doe correctly, this eye-liner gel gives a fiercely bold look.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've used this as a top liner nearly everyday for several months and on occasion on my waterline. This product has okay staying power. I apply this with a Mac 209 or an angled brush. I find that on the first or even send stroke the color payoff is poor. The color is build able and after several months remains creamy so i will keep using it but I will not repurchase.

on 3/16/2013 1:57:00 AM

I really enjoy this eyeliner but I have some mixed feelings about it in terms of application. Once I have it finished, it looks amazing. But even after using it for about two months now I have to end up re-doing the line a couple of times, correcting it here and there. It could just be my technique, and lately I have been getting the hang of it but in the beginning it was pretty difficult. The overall product is a 4.5/5, that .5 being taken away because of difficult application. It's a little too smooth in texture, hence why I mess up the line consistency frequently. Although $16 may seem like a little much for an eyeliner the pot it's in is very deep and it will last quite a while.

on 3/13/2013 6:23:00 PM

I've been using this for at least 8 years. Can't find anything I like better.

on 3/11/2013 7:10:00 PM

Application is pretty easy, not too stiff and not too runny, the color however is not jet black. Have oily skin and the color fades over the course of the day and tends to fade. NC44 for reference

on 3/9/2013 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm going through my second jar of Blacktrack, it has been my favourite liner for several years. The color seems to be deep black but surprisingly it's not too harsh on my fair skin, I suspect it's somehow cleverly muted (without compromising the richness of color) instead of true, unforgiving black. I use either my MAC 209 or 266 to apply it in a winged line and it wears all day (and night, if necessary) without smearing or fading.

on 2/27/2013 9:13:00 PM

I love this gel liner I use it everyday and it stayes on all day even during the summer it did however take me bit to get used to the gel consistency as oppose to the liquid ,a very litle goes a long way too so im sure im gonna have it for a while