August 29, 2014 | 1890 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG eye liner. It's the best. You do have to give it a moment to dry or it will transfer and smudge. The next closest liner in staying ability, my Maybelline gel liner, doesn't require that. But, once it's on, it stays better than anything else I have ever tried. I have very dry eyes that water, plus oily lids that make keeping any kind of eye makeup on a challenge. I will buy this over and over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by 1happytrader10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Have purchased 3 of these in the past 3 years. I love this stuff, I've never had an eyeliner stay put like this one. Since one pot last about a year $17 is not a lot of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by hannahgal143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is good if you want winged eyeliner, but as for the waterline, it smudges if worn for long periods of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by Mikeswife

This is my HG eyeliner for tightlining.

Price: At $15, this is less than other gel liners I've seen by other dept store brands (LM, BB, etc).

Packaging: Sturdy glass pot with lid.

Product: I apply this in the early a.m. with a bent liner brush. After a few rounds of trial and error (staying as close to the lash line as possible, keeping off the water line so the product doesn't transfer), this stuff stays all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 8:23:00 AM More reviews by alyy9

PRO:
# Great creamy consistency
# Beautiful black strong pigmentation

CON:
# smudges within a short few hours with my oily eyelids during aussie summer. (I can see this working well during winter though)
# it smudges but isn't easy to come off either

i would recommend it to a friend to try, unfortunately doesn't work for me during summer season as my eyelids get quite oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by BrittGlass32510

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is hands-down the best eyeliner on the planet! I've gotta say, if you're a natural make-up look kinda girl, this might not be for you. But if you like sexy, bold lined eyes, you will looooove this! The only downside is that you do have to buy a separate brush to put it on with, I recommend the angled brush they sell at MAC. The staying power of this liner is phenomenal, it never streaks or smudges or wears off. It is somewhat difficult to remove, but definitely worth it since it stays on so well. Bonus: it leaves a little trace of liner the next day, so you may not have to apply liner if you want a natural look. It's great for creating cat eyes as well! HG product!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by sweetvictory23

--Smudges slightly on my oily eyelids.
--pleased with how well it stays on my top eyelid, but as for the bottom of my eye, it stays much longer if i set it with some black eye shadow.
--i've been using it for a couple of months now and i can see it lasting me easily a year.
--very smooth and creamy consistency.
--i wouldn't buy it again just because it is pretty expensive and i think the maybelline gel liner does about the same and for a lot less $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:00:00 AM More reviews by britt96

Overall, this eyeliner is simple, easy and versatile. It is quite pricey for the amount given, however a little goes a long way, and my first pot of eyeliner has lasted me for a very long time! The packaging is small which is good, but it is made out of glass...so be very weary when using this product around tiles!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

Compared to other gel liners I've used, this one is pretty fantastic. It lasts quite long (it does smudge the tiniest bit on monolids/hooded eyes- but you can barely tell) and it is so so simple to use. I use a bent eyeliner brush for thin lines and an angled brush for thicker lines and its pretty much no fuss. I can imagine this lasting a long time, and even if it does try a little bit, just pop it in the microwave for a second or two! For a quality product, I honestly don't think this is pricey at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the first gel eyeliner I've ever bought so I have nothing to compare it to. I think it's fantastic yet pricey compared to all the cheaper options now out there.
(I do have a Smashbox eyeliner palette which I'm pretty sure are supposed to be gel eyeliners but they're so awful that I don't even want to compare the two.)
Anyway, I may try out some cheaper alternatives just to see if this is really worth the extra money and update my review accordingly.
If my review helped you, click yes below!