December 19, 2014 | 1664 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 4:28:00 AM More reviews by ALF1969

Fantastic eyeliner!
I have this is black, sparkly black, brown and purple.
I also have the same colours in Bobbi Brown and Tarte gel eyeliner.
MAC is my favourite, not because of the staying power, depth of colour, ease of use, or the fact that it doesn't irritate my super sensitive eyes (Bobbi Brown and Tarte are great for all these things too) but the main benefit of the MAC pot is that doesn't dry out (the Tarte pot is dry and unusable after about a month and the Bobbi Brown after about 8 months).
With all gel eyeliner pots you need to use a good brush. I have the Bobbi Brown eyeliner brush which I thought was good until I bought the MAC one and thought this was the best until I found the Lily Lolo one and then finally bought the Tarte double ended brush which is now my favourite for a thick or thin line, for flicking and smudging. Just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by JerseyRoja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I finally decided to give this a try. I am winged eyeliner queen (lol) and I was previously happy with using L'oreal liquid liner brush (which has bad reviews on here) because its precise and BLACK. Anyways, I actually like Blacktrack more than I thought I would. I apply about 3 layers to get it as black as I want OR I apply my L'oreal liner to make it that black. Why? because Blacktrack lasts all day, doesn't smudge, and resists the most water out of all the liners I have tried.

Important note: I only use blacktrack on my upper lid for my winged liner look. For water line I use a pencil. I don't understand why someone would use a gel liner for waterlines because of course it will smudge but anyways...

I will definitely repurchase. I really like it. I use Sonia Kashuk bent eyeliner brush to apply it. Also, storage: I keep it closed TIGHT in the same box, UPSIDE DOWN. This should keep it from drying. Oh yeah and I only take what I need and close the pot immediately.

Good stuff. I wouldn't recommend it for new eyeliner users though. Only because I don't think they would know how to apply it correctly.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by barbiedolled

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I will never, ever, ever purchase this product again. While at the beginning of the day the application goes on and looks normal, by mid day my liner has started to fade... keep in mind that I do not have oily eyelids. I can't imagine what a number this would do on someone that did. As if that wasn't enough for me to dislike this product, within all but a few months this dried out on me completely and it is absolutely unusable. I never left the lid open or anything, and always stored it just the same as my other things, none of which have gone bad. Heck I barely even opened it after I discovered my distaste for the thing! It's absolutely inexcusable for a $16 liner to completely dry out like that. If you want a great gel liner that is absolutely the darkest, inkiest black you will ever find, (yes, even darker than this Blacktrack liner) I highly recommend the Maybelline Eye Studio in Blackest Black. That stuff is amazing! It is $7 at my local Walmart. I've had it for months and it is still perfect, has never faded on me, and applies like a dream. Disappointingly enough this Mac liner just did not live up to the hype.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i can't decide if i like this or bobbi's better. pretty darn good, though. stays on all day. have had mine for an eternity (i really only use it when i want drama) and not a bit dried out. i like to use a stiff, angled eyeliner brush w/ this. makes a glorious cat eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Carollyn123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Totally overrated! Whilst I don't hate the product, and I do tend to use this often, once I finish the pot, I won't repurchase.

Pros: easy to use. The formula is soft and creme, easy for my to do my winged eyeliner in one go. Staying power is OK. I do need to use a primer beforehand, otherwise it transfers on to my upperlid. Packaging is great.

Cons: colour is terrible. I need to go over the line two or three times before it becomes "black". Terrible for waterline/tightline. Doesn't seem to want to stay put on those areas.

Overall - its great for beginners as it is easy to work with. However, once I'm done, I'm going back to my Inglot gel liner

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Chantellouise93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this eyeliner, in saying that it is the first and only gel liner I have used/owned and I wish I had a few products to base the review on.

PROS:
Personally love the pigment (it does take a few go's to get it extremely black)
Formula is so wonderfully creamy and glides on very nicely
Packaging is awesome, cute little glass pot
Worth the price for how long it will last
Staying power is great, even after being in water (however, not without a little smudge)
Lasts ages! I've had it for 3 months, using it almost every day and it's barely made a dint.

CONS:
When going over the liner with a second coat, the first coat sometimes comes off
Does smudge a touch after a full days wear
Pigment is not everybody's cup of tea

All in all, good product, will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by cli523

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this gel liner a lot and it's my go-to for daily use. I find that sometimes it can be a little bit dry, and also smudges slightly. Other than that, no complaints.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by SarinaT

I wasn't a huge fan of it, at the moment I use it only for sake of using it as I've brought it and want to finish it. My main problem with this is the staying power it comes off within a few hours of wearing it and it does tend to smudge. This is a problem for me because I do not have time to touch up my make-up during the day, my suggestion if you want something with staying power try a liquid liner - always works a treat for me :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a good product but same as all other gel liners, easy to dry out. the product itself seems can last forever, but by the time it dries out you only get use half of the product. Even I tried so many ways to solve the drying problem, the product is just not the same any more. I bought three of this gel liners and every time I buy a new one is because my old one dried out (at least 2/3 still left in the jar). I'm just annoyed and no longer interested in spending a lot of time dealing with this drying issue. I've gone back to liquid liner pen which is so much easier to use, won't smudge and last for quite a long time. The one I'm switching to is Stila stay all day water proof liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by ynnej

This product is fantastic. I've hesitated buying it for years out of fear that I would have problems applying it - I don't have the steadiest of hands. For years I used drugstore liquid liners..but those didn't give me the dramatic look that I got when makeup artists would use fluidline on me Switching to this pot was a great decision! It goes on very smooth, and it is SO easy to apply! It's very versatile, and depending on how you apply it, it can be worn either as a natural daytime look or as a dramatic evening look.

I didn't purchase the mac brush, I thought spending $24CAD on a brush was a bit steep, so I went to my drugstore and bought a generic brand one - and it certainly does the job.

I'm not sure why the reviews below are so critical of this product. Fluidline is not meant to be worn on your waterline - it is meant to be worn on your lid. And it certainly does not apply transparent or gray looking - it is a sharp black colour that lasts throughout the entire day/night. Would definitely recommend this eyeliner!