November 28, 2014 | 1086 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by MsSexyDivine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I just love this lipstick, it's so smooth & soft & it leaves my lips feeling soft & moisturized. The color is awesome, it looks good on so many different skin tones. Definitely one of Clinique's all time best products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 3:03:00 AM More reviews by ChennyPenn

I generally don't give perfect scores on anything, whether it be a product, restaurant, or a service, because I believe everything can be improved upon. BUT, I literally can't find any complaints about Black Honey whatsoever.

It's the single most buildable lip color I have. It goes everywhere from a light neutral berry to a dark purple for me. It really depends on what I'm going for, and with it in my makeup bag I don't need to purchase anything that's in that entire color family. And, the color is just very flattering. I can't see it being THE lip color for me for everything, but it will always be second best, i.e. the one that works for every occasion, but isn't the best for most occasions, if that makes sense. It just WORKS, even if it's not the #1 in everything.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by kate1973

Beautiful and natural colour. Makes my lips look fuller but the staying power could have been better. Will buy again and again though as it looks so nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by alise1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this years ago and didn't love it. It made such a comeback in the media recently, so I thought I'd try it again. Still disappointed! The color is pretty, but the formula is very drying and has little lasting power. I had to apply a lot to get any color, and it didn't last even an hour. Note to self: don't buy things a second time that you didn't like in the first place!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by snowwhite84

It is so beautiful on, it is that perfect twilight vampire lip color I was looking for but not so intense.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryshortcake21

I have bought this lipstick twice. Once when I was at university 7 years ago and the second a few months ago.

I like the idea of a universal lipstick suitable for everyone but found that it is a little disappointing. I think I fell a little bit into the hype and having bought it once many years ago and was sitting on the fence about it, I decided to try it again.

The lipstick on my lips is a bit of a deep berry colour. I find it a little drying and works more like a stain on my lips. I have tried the other shades that used to be available in this line. My favourite is bronze lilac, the formulation, I thought was much better. I was so shocked that they discontinued it. If I had known, I would have bought back ups!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by majormakeupmaniac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the idea of moisturizing, balmy, or slick-finish lipsticks, so the idea of the Black Honey lipstick is one that greatly appeals to me. This is perfect for me to slick on in the morning when my lips aren't as flushed and look dry or dead. On the flip side, buidling up the color for a night time look works great for someone in the younger crowd like me who doesn't want to go too bold. Because of this versatility, I feel like I can get much more use out of the product. The thicker more moisturizing benefits of the consistency is another plus because it is easy to apply without a mirror and I can leave my usual lip blam at home. Overall I think this is a great product, I just wish the color was a little bit more to the redish pink side than the burgundy side in order for it to be more flattering. (Usually I don't take lippies off for color, but with a product like this it is very difficult to tell how the color will show up based on the appearance of the color in the tube.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ivydarkbloom

I heard this being advertised as a universal color, and I have to admit, seeing at at first straight out of the tube scared me. It looks like black lipstick! But don't let that fool you; it comes out as almost a brownish brick red, with maybe a hint of berry. And it's very buildable and creamy. I can just do one swipe and have a balmy tint, or I can do a few more swipes and have it be more dramatic and darker. And the design is perfect for me. My lips are a bit on the thinner side, so this design just works for me; I never feel like I'm gonna smudge it or go outside the line. It's isn't drying, but it's not necessarily a lip balm either (my lips can get very dry when it's cold, so I need a little extra moisture boost). And I do honestly think it is a universal color that's designed to look good on all skin tones. I have very pale skin with pink understones, but my sister has more yellow undertones, and it flatters both of us very well. Overall, a great everyday lipstick that can also be used for evening. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by apparently

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disappointing. The advertising for this lipstick is so lush and moist-looking -- all that honey! But the product left my lips dry, dry, dry. Also, the color is too purpley for me. I was expecting it to be more sheer/nude, but it looks a bit undead on my warm ivory complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by aclev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i can't believe i haven't reviewed this yet! i'll never forget the first time i saw this lipstick-i was a chubby, makeup-loving small town highschool girl who had never been to a department store counter....then i saw a thin, beautiful, popular girl pull this lippie out of her dooney & burke purse. i asked her what it was and had to have it...fifteen years later and i'm still buying it! there have been countless articles on black honey and i think it would look great on most women.

the color is amazing, what looks like a dark berry/black in the tube is a pretty, sheer, moisturizing dark red stain on the lips. the formulation is so light and smooth, and like putting lipbalm on my lips. i have bought countless tubes of black honey and it's still my go-to lippie when i want something classic, pulled together and pretty. i can see myself wearing this in another fifteen years.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No