September 22, 2014 | 1539 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by snowwhite84

It is so beautiful on, it is that perfect twilight vampire lip color I was looking for but not so intense.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Strawberryshortcake21

I have bought this lipstick twice. Once when I was at university 7 years ago and the second a few months ago.

I like the idea of a universal lipstick suitable for everyone but found that it is a little disappointing. I think I fell a little bit into the hype and having bought it once many years ago and was sitting on the fence about it, I decided to try it again.

The lipstick on my lips is a bit of a deep berry colour. I find it a little drying and works more like a stain on my lips. I have tried the other shades that used to be available in this line. My favourite is bronze lilac, the formulation, I thought was much better. I was so shocked that they discontinued it. If I had known, I would have bought back ups!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by majormakeupmaniac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the idea of moisturizing, balmy, or slick-finish lipsticks, so the idea of the Black Honey lipstick is one that greatly appeals to me. This is perfect for me to slick on in the morning when my lips aren't as flushed and look dry or dead. On the flip side, buidling up the color for a night time look works great for someone in the younger crowd like me who doesn't want to go too bold. Because of this versatility, I feel like I can get much more use out of the product. The thicker more moisturizing benefits of the consistency is another plus because it is easy to apply without a mirror and I can leave my usual lip blam at home. Overall I think this is a great product, I just wish the color was a little bit more to the redish pink side than the burgundy side in order for it to be more flattering. (Usually I don't take lippies off for color, but with a product like this it is very difficult to tell how the color will show up based on the appearance of the color in the tube.)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ivydarkbloom

I heard this being advertised as a universal color, and I have to admit, seeing at at first straight out of the tube scared me. It looks like black lipstick! But don't let that fool you; it comes out as almost a brownish brick red, with maybe a hint of berry. And it's very buildable and creamy. I can just do one swipe and have a balmy tint, or I can do a few more swipes and have it be more dramatic and darker. And the design is perfect for me. My lips are a bit on the thinner side, so this design just works for me; I never feel like I'm gonna smudge it or go outside the line. It's isn't drying, but it's not necessarily a lip balm either (my lips can get very dry when it's cold, so I need a little extra moisture boost). And I do honestly think it is a universal color that's designed to look good on all skin tones. I have very pale skin with pink understones, but my sister has more yellow undertones, and it flatters both of us very well. Overall, a great everyday lipstick that can also be used for evening. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by apparently

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disappointing. The advertising for this lipstick is so lush and moist-looking -- all that honey! But the product left my lips dry, dry, dry. Also, the color is too purpley for me. I was expecting it to be more sheer/nude, but it looks a bit undead on my warm ivory complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by aclev

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i can't believe i haven't reviewed this yet! i'll never forget the first time i saw this lipstick-i was a chubby, makeup-loving small town highschool girl who had never been to a department store counter....then i saw a thin, beautiful, popular girl pull this lippie out of her dooney & burke purse. i asked her what it was and had to have it...fifteen years later and i'm still buying it! there have been countless articles on black honey and i think it would look great on most women.

the color is amazing, what looks like a dark berry/black in the tube is a pretty, sheer, moisturizing dark red stain on the lips. the formulation is so light and smooth, and like putting lipbalm on my lips. i have bought countless tubes of black honey and it's still my go-to lippie when i want something classic, pulled together and pretty. i can see myself wearing this in another fifteen years.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful color! It actually looks good on me, and few colors do. Not especially moisturizing, but looks great under all my glosses.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by plie445

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the color that this lipstick gives me! Before putting it on I feel like such a badass because of the dark color, but it gives the most natural, flattering color possible. This lasts for several hours, but I would recommend applying a lip balm over it regularly to keep your lips moist.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by LaFenikkusu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE this product. I bought it today at Sephora for $18 Canadian. It comes in a box, and is in a convenient twist up tube. The shape is a bit different than a normal lipstick, which I like because it gives easy application. I have yellowly Asian skin, and this is amazing. alot of my friends have it, and their skin colour varies from pasty pale to black, and it suits every singly one of us, which means that what this is promising is actually true. Now, this colour is very buildable, and one quick coat gives more than enough colour (for me at least, granted I'm fourteen and prefer my makeup more on the natural side). I usually blot, and it still leaves a beautiful strawberry tint. I blot my lips, but not too much to the point where all the moisture is transferred onto the napkin. It's very moisturizing, and overall I just love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

This is my "backup plan" lip product for every event! I always keep this in my purse for when I get invited to dinner straight from work or just for the days when I feel like being a bit more polished than normal.

Since this applies more like a (very) sheer balm than a lipstick, I need to use 2-3 swipes to darken my lips (for the "freshly bitten" look), and then maybe a few more swipes if I want the full reddish-berry look. Keep in mind that this product will never match the pigmentation of truly vampy lipsticks like Revlon's Black Cherry, but that's fine for me because I like its natural, balm-like appearance. I like love that,no matter how many swipes I use, my lips will still show up under this product, so it doesn't look like I even HAVE lipstick on.

I am, however, taking off a lippie because it's a bit hard to control where this lipstick goes after you apply it. The balm-like consistently makes it prone to smudging if you eat with it on or touch your lips a lot. Basically, treat it like you would a lip balm and don't expect that you're going to get super defined, in-your-face lips with it on.

I'd recommend this product to people whom are scared of red or vampy lipsticks because it's both versatile and idiot-proof. You can apply as much or as little as you want, and it doesn't require the use of a lip brush or a mirror because it's so sheer.