Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

4.1

castor seed oil, cetyl ricinoleate, glyceryl triacetyl ricinoleate, candelila wax, carnauba wax, polyethylene, tocopheryl acetate [ yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), red 33 lake (ci 17200), red 28 lake (ci 45410), red 6 lake (ci 15850), blue 1 (ci 42090), iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499), red 7 lake (ci 15850), mica, bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), red 30 lake (ci 73360), carmine (ci 75470), manganese violet (ci 77742), red 22 lake (ci 45380), titanium dioxide (ci 77891), red 21 lake (ci 45380), yellow 6 lake (ci 15850), red 27 lake (ci 45410), orange 5 (ci 45370), red 36 (ci 12085)]

on 2/18/2012 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this so much that I brought it everywhere with me for a week, and then lost it, so now I have to buy again. I got so many compliments - it looks very natural and youthful and has no taste/scent (I hate perfumey lipsticks! yuck). Doesn't stay on a terribly long time, which is why I had to take it everywhere and hence why I lost it, but still worth the money.

on 2/8/2012 8:04:00 AM

Good.

on 1/26/2012 12:45:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been using black honey since middle school, and I am 30. It is a beautiful berry nude color, and doesnt apply anything like the color it looks in the package. It's really a lovely, sheer, moist balmy lip product. I prefer to use it with a lip liner because otherwise it can smear towards the edges of the lip, but this is the same with all glossier products. My only gripe is that the top of the canister where the product comes out is slanted, and the product always seems to turn so that I cannot get the last little bit out. I wish the top would be flat instead. It's also a little pricey compared to drugstore lip products. Revlon has a "lip butter" out now that I am curious to try and compare.

Black Honey continues to be my favorite colour. I've been buying it for the last four years.

7 other colours of Almost Lipstick have just been released. I bought Chic Honey and Luscious Honey yesterday. I find that Chic Honey is too cold/blue for my lips and skin tone, in comparison to the warmer and more natural look of Black Honey. Luscious Honey is too bubble-gum pink to look natural, although it is a fun shade if that is what one is in the mood for. Black Honey continues to win hands-down as far as giving just a slight colour enhancement, without looking unnatural.

After having discovered Almost Lipstick four years ago, I immediately preferred it over lipgloss and lipstick. It is lighter than lipstick, both in texture and in colour. It is slightly shiny, but not high-glare or sticky/goopy like lipgloss.

The packaging is very ideal. I carry my Almost Lipstick with me in extreme cold of winter and heat of summer. It takes a beating in my purse and I've even left it in the sun to melt by accident. It continues to keep its form and consistency, despite my abuse.

I highly recommend this product, and particularly, this shade.

on 1/13/2012 6:48:00 PM

Oh, wow. Black Honey is just stunning. It's sheer qualities and beautiful color layers so nicely, if you want light, just put down a little lip balm first, if you want dramatic, just keep putting it on until you get the right depth. So moisturizing and pretty. My hubby loves it on me because it looks so natural. Pricey, but so worth it!

I have this in spicy honey and I love it! It gives such a beautiful color to the lips. I love how light weight this feels on and it's also moisturizing. My favorite way to wear this is to put clinique superbalm gloss on top. I want all the colors!!

on 1/11/2012 1:14:00 PM

This lipstick makes me like I just ate a bowl of cherries and the juice stained my lips. I think it is the perfect amount of color for a sheer lipstick. It is buildable, but I prefer just one coat. It is moisturizing and goes on well. It is definitely a new staple.

on 1/3/2012 8:49:00 PM

This is a perfect non-lipstick lipstick for me. I have naturally red lips and this is really the only lipstick I have find that doesn't make me look like a vampy monster. It works equally well for day or night, and many of my friends with very different colouring also find it looks good on them. It is moisturizing, not sticky, doesn't smell bad, and is easy to use. I also like it's more grown-up packaging. It's a little pricier than drugstore lipsticks, but I like it so much that I don't mind.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

As a very pale skinned brunette I was surprised to find out that the hype was true and it looked good on even my face. While it does not disappear as quickly as some reviews say - a few minutes? Really? Were you constantly smacking your lips together? - it isn't long-wearing. It also seems like you can build up the colour with a few more swipes. I love it and find myself using it with both neutral and eye-focused looks.

on 12/27/2011 4:19:00 PM

Love this product! It is the perfect color for any season or any outfit. I have a fair skin tone and this color is not too dark or overpowering. It has no distinct taste, which makes it easy to wear and goes on smoothly and won't leave my lips with a gross lipstick film. I don't see how the coloring wouldn't be perfect on anyone. Way to go Clinique!

Popular Lipsticks