August 2, 2014 | 1213 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Ivytje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this in a swap and while I was waiting for it, I checked the reviews and looked at swatches.
I thought, I'll never gonna let this one work for me cause I think it's way too pale, it washes me out completely but I was soo wrong... This is thè nude lipstick for me! I love it! It's not drying and it's not a corps look on me, like Fleshpot was. Great with smoky eyes!! For references, I'm a NW20.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by shrimpski

I really love this lipstick! I'm a massive nude lip fan (reds/pinks just don't seem to work on me, whyyy?!), so I was so happy when I tried this for the first time. It has so many raves on YouTube and actually got my first Myth from eBay without trying it on first at a MAC counter.
The colour is great, just as long as you moisturise your lips with a balm or something first (yes, it's drying, one of the only negatives I have), be light handed. Sometimes I top with a gloss, sometimes I don't. I think maybe a problem with some people with looking 'dead' is applying too much.

I'm not a fan of MAC prices here in Australia. It's about $32 for a lipstick, which is ridiculous. I got my Myth backup in a MUA swap :)

Pros - Great colour, fairly nice consistency/easy to apply, great smell!
Cons - Drying!!, price point.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by msxjeannecee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is actually my second time trying out myth, the first time i tried it, i actually liked it, until i ran into Creme d'Nude. The pigmentation for myth was very good and the colour looked great. Only problem is that the lipstick is SO DRY ON YOUR LIPS. but i still finished it up. Then i tried out Mac's Creme d'Nude and i have to say THAT is definitely worth getting than myth. Creme d'Nude is exactly like myth, great pigmentation, nice colour AND its moisturizing! after i finished Creme d'Nude, i just decided to give myth a second go. I definitely regret it now. Myth is too chalky and dry on my lips. I am NEVER re-purchasing myth again, so my suggestion is GO FOR CREME D'NUDE!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by TheAphroditeBeauty

I've used Myth for a while now. It's the perfect matte nude for your lips and any skin tone can wear it. No joke! ANY!
I'm actually so pale that when I wear Myth alone it looks exactly like my skin color, but the flip side is that my lips are a super pigmented berry rosey pink. Putting on Myth provides a blank canvass for my Lipglasses and other lipglosses. I tend to wear NYX's Spongecake over the top of Myth in the fall since it's such a perfect fall color but any brand of your choice would work.
The only word of caution for Myth is for those not used to wearing nudes. Putting on Myth might come across as too nude for newbies to nudes but if you work with it and play around you will find that this lipcolor is very useful for numerous looks.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by maccedup

Uh... Definitely had to return this lipstick. Too thick and made my face look really pale. It wasn't nude at all... And also made my lips look really dry. Also didn't like the scent... Idk why there was such a hype about this lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by supersophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I only wouldn't buy this product again because it's very similar to my skin colour (NC20) and when it's on, it kinda looks like I have no lips! Anyway that's only me, I'm sure it looks great on other people! It's a satin finish, and I love satin finishes.
This is so creamy, and I ADORE the scent of MAC lipsticks - sweet vanilla, so gorgeous! The packaging is very chic, however it didn't get a 5 because it's nothing amazing. I do like this colour as a base however :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by murraymint91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love mac lipstick and have repurchased the 'myth' colour a few times. It costs £11 I think but it does last a few months.
I usually wear it with a pink mac lipstick over it, i can't remember the name because it's wore off the packaging but it's like a pale pink/lilac colour!
I'm more of a lipstick girl than gloss one and think mac lipstick is the best quality out there and lasts AGES on the lips. It smells lovely aswell!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by FunkyMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I REALLY want to like this product because of the price but a combination of it being really drying on my lips, washing out my fair skintone and being a necessity to apply lipgloss with it really leads me to think that it was a waste of money. I would 100% reccomend creme d'nude or equality over this lipstick!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Kiran1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am NC25-30 and have indian skin with yellow undertones. I bought this as every one was raving on the internet how it is the perfect nude. Well, this is the WORST mac lipstick I have ever owned and I have around 30 plus mac lipsticks. This made me look ill and corspe like, It was just like a slick of concealer on my lips and just looked absolutely awful on, it actually made me feel sick, eurgh I dont understand the hype around this, I really dont. If you want a nice nude, I can suggest creme cup or hue which work much better on.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by cinnamonpink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay so i bought this cause everyone was all "OMG MYTH IS THE BEST FOR NUDE LIPS" and was REALLY disappointed....
it looks bad on my lips, its a bright orange in comparison to my face color. I am REALLY pale. and so it looks like i have a gross yellowy/orange lip color. It's dark in comparison to my skin tone...i looked at tons of photos of girls who seemed to have pale skin and wearing this and it looked like it matched them. Idk I must be really pale or something because this was too dark for me in a bad :/
I only wear it once in a while
I gave it a 4 on price because, well I don't like spending over 20 bucks on lipstick ;p
if you don't mind then i guess its "cheap" for you