September 21, 2014 | 2012 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by MsEmilyPark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I apply this after exfoliating my lips. I think it's important to dab it on sparingly and moisturize before applying it. It looks great with Mac's Prrr tinted lipglass on top of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 12:32:00 AM More reviews by bestjessicaever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this because I think nude is an interesting look. I tried this multiple times, alone and with SA's but I cannot get it to work for me. Even on days when my lips are super moist, they immediately become parched. This is one of the concealer sticks from Wet & Wild repackaged to look like a MAC lipstick. Can't hate on it too badly though because I've seen it really work on people. Just not me, not my luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Katiebabexx

This is my favourite nude lipstick ever!! Yes its drying, but applying a small amount of lipbalm prior to application works wonders for me. It doesnt settle into fine lines and lasts for a good few hours. I tend to wear this without a gloss when i wear a heavy smokey eye and it provides the perfect balance. I apply one swipe on top lip and one on bottom then blend in with my finger to get perfect coverage. For the quality, i dont think its too expensive and i would def repurchance, in fact i have, im on my 2nd tube. I also love the packaging, its simple and chic and although i just throw it in my bag, the cap never falls off which sometimes happens with other brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Ivytje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received this in a swap and while I was waiting for it, I checked the reviews and looked at swatches.
I thought, I'll never gonna let this one work for me cause I think it's way too pale, it washes me out completely but I was soo wrong... This is thè nude lipstick for me! I love it! It's not drying and it's not a corps look on me, like Fleshpot was. Great with smoky eyes!! For references, I'm a NW20.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by shrimpski

I really love this lipstick! I'm a massive nude lip fan (reds/pinks just don't seem to work on me, whyyy?!), so I was so happy when I tried this for the first time. It has so many raves on YouTube and actually got my first Myth from eBay without trying it on first at a MAC counter.
The colour is great, just as long as you moisturise your lips with a balm or something first (yes, it's drying, one of the only negatives I have), be light handed. Sometimes I top with a gloss, sometimes I don't. I think maybe a problem with some people with looking 'dead' is applying too much.

I'm not a fan of MAC prices here in Australia. It's about $32 for a lipstick, which is ridiculous. I got my Myth backup in a MUA swap :)

Pros - Great colour, fairly nice consistency/easy to apply, great smell!
Cons - Drying!!, price point.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by msxjeannecee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is actually my second time trying out myth, the first time i tried it, i actually liked it, until i ran into Creme d'Nude. The pigmentation for myth was very good and the colour looked great. Only problem is that the lipstick is SO DRY ON YOUR LIPS. but i still finished it up. Then i tried out Mac's Creme d'Nude and i have to say THAT is definitely worth getting than myth. Creme d'Nude is exactly like myth, great pigmentation, nice colour AND its moisturizing! after i finished Creme d'Nude, i just decided to give myth a second go. I definitely regret it now. Myth is too chalky and dry on my lips. I am NEVER re-purchasing myth again, so my suggestion is GO FOR CREME D'NUDE!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by TheAphroditeBeauty

I've used Myth for a while now. It's the perfect matte nude for your lips and any skin tone can wear it. No joke! ANY!
I'm actually so pale that when I wear Myth alone it looks exactly like my skin color, but the flip side is that my lips are a super pigmented berry rosey pink. Putting on Myth provides a blank canvass for my Lipglasses and other lipglosses. I tend to wear NYX's Spongecake over the top of Myth in the fall since it's such a perfect fall color but any brand of your choice would work.
The only word of caution for Myth is for those not used to wearing nudes. Putting on Myth might come across as too nude for newbies to nudes but if you work with it and play around you will find that this lipcolor is very useful for numerous looks.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by maccedup

Uh... Definitely had to return this lipstick. Too thick and made my face look really pale. It wasn't nude at all... And also made my lips look really dry. Also didn't like the scent... Idk why there was such a hype about this lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:00:00 PM More reviews by supersophie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I only wouldn't buy this product again because it's very similar to my skin colour (NC20) and when it's on, it kinda looks like I have no lips! Anyway that's only me, I'm sure it looks great on other people! It's a satin finish, and I love satin finishes.
This is so creamy, and I ADORE the scent of MAC lipsticks - sweet vanilla, so gorgeous! The packaging is very chic, however it didn't get a 5 because it's nothing amazing. I do like this colour as a base however :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by murraymint91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love mac lipstick and have repurchased the 'myth' colour a few times. It costs £11 I think but it does last a few months.
I usually wear it with a pink mac lipstick over it, i can't remember the name because it's wore off the packaging but it's like a pale pink/lilac colour!
I'm more of a lipstick girl than gloss one and think mac lipstick is the best quality out there and lasts AGES on the lips. It smells lovely aswell!