April 24, 2014 | 1384 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Quickliner for Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2006 5:00:00 PM More reviews by toastyfrenchy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I checked that I would buy this product again...but I'm still on the fence. I bought this in 'new black' as a replacement for my HG (discontinued) Clinique eye shading pencil in Almost Black. I had to work to get the application of this down pat for me...I want a soft, off-black line, not too thick. At first it would just get smudgy and I'd have "specks" of color instead of a soft, even line. But if I draw a line real close to the lashes, then smudge in a downward motion, with short strokes from the outside in, I get the desired effect. I'm not getting the "last all day/no smudge" results that others have...but I do really like the color and the convenience of a twist up liner and smudger in one stick. UPDATE: This is working very well for me now. Maybe it's a cool-weather only item for me. When I first bought it was summer, and I think the heat made it wear off. Right now (November) it is awesome, and I wear it every day. UPDATE: This has achieved HG status for me. I've already repurchased twice.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2006 11:10:00 PM More reviews by kristi1285

Unfortunetely, I'm allergic to this liner and I'm never allergic to ANYTHING! I can't believe this irritated my eyes, but everytime I tried to wear it, my eyes would burn like crazy and turn extremely red and irritated. I love how this goes on and it has excellent staying power. I had this in indigo, but I like MAC's techakohl liner in auto-de-blu just as well though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 9:42:00 AM More reviews by SEAWEED

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't see much to shout about here. Just a black eyeliner (well, Black/Brown is the shade I have). Actually I find it difficult to apply cleanly and a bit melty and smudgy. Not overly impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2006 10:23:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerisevil

I've been through quite a few tubes of this stuff, and I'll probably keep buying it as long as Clinique makes it. I love that it twists up, because I hate sharpening. It's also VERY easy to apply, coming from someone who is hopeless with eyeliner application (hence the username). Even in horrible southeast humidity in the summertime, this stuff doesn't budge (although it is quite easy to wash off at night). And as with most of Clinique's eye products, it doesn't irritate my contacts. Pretty fantastic stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2006 10:32:00 PM More reviews by k9muttlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've got to agree with most everyone else here - I have always purchased cheap liners thinking they were all the same, but I really had a hard time with "bleeding" by the end of the day. This liner is fabulous! Goes on nicely, stays on all day! Easy to blend too. Rave! UPDATE: For some reason I'm having bad luck with Clinique lately... all of these products that were working so well are not working as well anymore. Eyeliner seems to smear on me now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by just_like_gold

Yeah, I've been through nine of these. I've used New Black, Really Black (in my dark phase), and currently Black-Brown. For reference, I have quite oily eyelids and am NW20, with medium brown hair and very large dark brown eyes. New black turned gray on me throughout the day and was unflattering. Really Black stayed as dark as I applied it, but it started to bleed into the tiny little sleep-deprived lines under my eyes -- I'm sixteen, so that was not very attractive. The color was a tiny bit harsh for my coloring. Black-Brown is perfect. It's like warm-toned matte black that doesn't fade, stays put on me, and is wearable anywhere. I have quite bad eye allergies and was told to buy Clinique liners by my opthamologist. The price is right for these, they're perfect, and I can get them discounted when Carson's does goodwill sales. If you're into pencil liners, think about trying these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 11:21:00 AM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! I have always bought the cheapest eyeliner from the drug store and thought whats the big deal. A few months ago I bought this liner in Shy Brown. I have very oily eyelids so liner just disappears or it settles in me crease and looks horrible. Well not this one. Its stays put for house and looks awesome. No need to pull the eyelids so we are not "creating" wrinkles. I also love the fact that I can either wear it in a line or smudge it a bit and create a smoky look.
Definately wort buying. It lasts a long time too so its worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2006 1:48:00 PM More reviews by a1y33a

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've always used just like cheap eyeliners from walmart, target, etc. because i didn't want to spend too much money and i thought they would work just as good as anything else. i was wrongg. i just bought this product a couple days ago and i loove it! usually my eyeliner like wears off after like not even 2 hours but this stayed on perfectly all day long. i was so impressed. i got it in very black and its awesomee.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2006 3:41:00 AM More reviews by helenmelon

I have this product in slate, and I like it like this product. However, for the price though, it isn't worth it, esp since my rimmel kajal pencil produces the same effect if I warm the tip up a bit with my fingers. Very smooth formulation and doesn't tug. Lasts for hours, although it does smudge/smear/travel somewhat (only a little). I hate the smudger part bc I find it pointless; I don't use it and sometimes I cap the pencil end with the smudger cap and then my pencil is smooshed. Ugh.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2006 2:21:00 AM More reviews by glamgyrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

In general, these are great liners because the formula is soft but humidity-resistant and there are so many basic and flattering colors to choose from. The price is reasonable- for those that use drugstore brand eyeliners, spend the extra few dollars on this, you will not be disappointed. I always have one in my purse (no need to sharpen!). I took off one lippie because the smudger on the end is a waste to me- too hard to smudge and irritating to your lid if you're determined to get a smudgy line. Use fingers or brush instead. I wish it had more product instead of the smudger.