August 21, 2014 | 2125 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - Quickliner for Eyes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2006 7:26:00 PM More reviews by 1tinky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Moss..see my profile pic for this. It's soft and blendable on me. The colour is a grey green, very pretty with my hazel green eyes. Nice product.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2006 1:15:00 PM More reviews by johansenshawna

Not a great liner, not a terrible liner. It's somewhat dry and hard in consistency and tugs at the eye. Won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2006 10:07:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the grape and love the shy brown. I used to use the Violet but my tastes have changed and I've gone to a softer look. The Violet is lovely for a dark line that isn't black or brown. I didn't realize until reading these reviews that so many people had issues with eyeliner "bleeding", because I've used these forever, and they have never bled. I addressed the staying power by applying a little shadow on top of my eyeliner to help it set. The other great secret is the Mac Paint in Bare Canvas on my lids before applying my eye shadow and eyeliner. It really gives some great staying power to the liner as well as the shadow.

By the way, the reason pencils (lip, eye, brow) do not retract, is to keep them from drying out. You have to have a "stiffer" formula for the pencils to be able to go "back and forth", therefore, to keep the formulation creamy, manufacturers have them go only one way. Update: so this is probably irrelevant, but after years and years of using eyeliner - I finally stopped after I realized that all they were doing is making my eyes look smaller. Once I stopped using liner - my eyes look bigger and more "fresh". If I were to use a liner again, these would be the ones I'd use - but I don't ever see that happening.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2006 5:00:00 PM More reviews by toastyfrenchy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I checked that I would buy this product again...but I'm still on the fence. I bought this in 'new black' as a replacement for my HG (discontinued) Clinique eye shading pencil in Almost Black. I had to work to get the application of this down pat for me...I want a soft, off-black line, not too thick. At first it would just get smudgy and I'd have "specks" of color instead of a soft, even line. But if I draw a line real close to the lashes, then smudge in a downward motion, with short strokes from the outside in, I get the desired effect. I'm not getting the "last all day/no smudge" results that others have...but I do really like the color and the convenience of a twist up liner and smudger in one stick. UPDATE: This is working very well for me now. Maybe it's a cool-weather only item for me. When I first bought it was summer, and I think the heat made it wear off. Right now (November) it is awesome, and I wear it every day. UPDATE: This has achieved HG status for me. I've already repurchased twice.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2006 11:10:00 PM More reviews by kristi1285

Unfortunetely, I'm allergic to this liner and I'm never allergic to ANYTHING! I can't believe this irritated my eyes, but everytime I tried to wear it, my eyes would burn like crazy and turn extremely red and irritated. I love how this goes on and it has excellent staying power. I had this in indigo, but I like MAC's techakohl liner in auto-de-blu just as well though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 9:42:00 AM More reviews by SEAWEED

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Don't see much to shout about here. Just a black eyeliner (well, Black/Brown is the shade I have). Actually I find it difficult to apply cleanly and a bit melty and smudgy. Not overly impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2006 10:23:00 PM More reviews by eyelinerisevil

I've been through quite a few tubes of this stuff, and I'll probably keep buying it as long as Clinique makes it. I love that it twists up, because I hate sharpening. It's also VERY easy to apply, coming from someone who is hopeless with eyeliner application (hence the username). Even in horrible southeast humidity in the summertime, this stuff doesn't budge (although it is quite easy to wash off at night). And as with most of Clinique's eye products, it doesn't irritate my contacts. Pretty fantastic stuff.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2006 10:32:00 PM More reviews by k9muttlover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've got to agree with most everyone else here - I have always purchased cheap liners thinking they were all the same, but I really had a hard time with "bleeding" by the end of the day. This liner is fabulous! Goes on nicely, stays on all day! Easy to blend too. Rave! UPDATE: For some reason I'm having bad luck with Clinique lately... all of these products that were working so well are not working as well anymore. Eyeliner seems to smear on me now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 11:56:00 AM More reviews by just_like_gold

Yeah, I've been through nine of these. I've used New Black, Really Black (in my dark phase), and currently Black-Brown. For reference, I have quite oily eyelids and am NW20, with medium brown hair and very large dark brown eyes. New black turned gray on me throughout the day and was unflattering. Really Black stayed as dark as I applied it, but it started to bleed into the tiny little sleep-deprived lines under my eyes -- I'm sixteen, so that was not very attractive. The color was a tiny bit harsh for my coloring. Black-Brown is perfect. It's like warm-toned matte black that doesn't fade, stays put on me, and is wearable anywhere. I have quite bad eye allergies and was told to buy Clinique liners by my opthamologist. The price is right for these, they're perfect, and I can get them discounted when Carson's does goodwill sales. If you're into pencil liners, think about trying these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 11:21:00 AM More reviews by beantowngrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! I have always bought the cheapest eyeliner from the drug store and thought whats the big deal. A few months ago I bought this liner in Shy Brown. I have very oily eyelids so liner just disappears or it settles in me crease and looks horrible. Well not this one. Its stays put for house and looks awesome. No need to pull the eyelids so we are not "creating" wrinkles. I also love the fact that I can either wear it in a line or smudge it a bit and create a smoky look.
Definately wort buying. It lasts a long time too so its worth the money.