January 29, 2015 | 2048 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 8:39:00 AM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent Product and I absolutely love it. I have discolorations underneath my chin which thankfully been able to lighten however, with my pale skintone they are still distinguishable while they are fading in color. I use a tiny amount of foundation on my chin with my beautyblender and afterwards if there are any spots which still look noticeable I just dot on some of my Benefit Play Stick in Jax, blend, and it covers beautifully (I do wish that there was a shade lighter than Jax, however, although a little dark for me, I can play around with it and still make it work ---- what is important is that it works at concealing.) For those with lighter discolorations, you can use the Play Stick without using foundation, as I note that on my face every now and then I notice a spot and the Play Stick is enough coverage to conceal. I like the consistancy of the Play Stick as it is easily blendable and then takes on the consistancy of a powder as well as that it does not look cakey or fake. I know that many have complained of the higher price tag, but in my opinion well worth it especially for those like myself who have never been able to find something that works and believe me I have used everything from $65 concealer sticks down to drugstore brands only to find hideous fake colors or horrible coverage. 1/9/07 Just yesterday purchased KA's SSE in SX-01 and I am in love as the SSE is a better color match for my skintone and is very easy to use and blend - I still love the Playstick and will use it up, but the SSE is a way better match for my coloring which makes me prefer that item over the Playstick, although both do a great job at coverage for me.
3/3/08 stopped using this product as I noted that it started to quickly disappear from my skin ------ the product would go on nicely but then quickly fade to nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2007 12:51:00 PM More reviews by Dillinger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in 'Jax'. I dont think I can fault it. I use my eyeko moisturiser and then apply this in the 'dot' method as already described and then it blends lovely and lasts well.

I dont use it all the time as I can usually get away with just some powder but I like this if I fancy more coverage. Ive only blended it with my fingertips so far but have always been happy with the result.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by val3ntine

I am so glad I tried this. I have oily skin, and I am very picky about foundations. I wear BareEscentuals when I need/want full coverage, and when I have "good skin days" and want something lighter or a matte finish, I use Playsticks. Instead of waiting for my moisturizer to sink in completely like I need to do with BE, I moisturizer and put on PlaySticks right afterwards. All I do is make a few "dots" with the stick and blend it around with a foundation brush and the blending is easy because I just moisturized. This way, it doesn't look thick at all, it's almost sheer. It stays all day.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cg277

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This makes me look flaky which other foundations don't. Also, I can't put it on without breaking out the next day if not that night. I recently ran out of my regular foundation and this was my only substitute, but at the end of that day I had already broken out! It's too thick, doesn't go smoothly onto your face, and feels gross. I usually love Benefit products, but this is the first time I've tried a foundation from them, and the last!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 8:11:00 PM More reviews by mrsmike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am almost finished with my 5th or 6th Play Stick. I love the color options - tea party is for me; the very easy to use and travel with container and the coverage. This is the perfect product to use to cover up spots or blend all over the face. The consistency is smooth and creamy but not thick yet it still provides excellent coverage.
If you are looking for a really simple morning routine but don't have perfect skin - try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by thuymy2

This stick foundation makes your skin looks flawless in person and in pictures. It's the perfect foundation for taking pictures or going out on the weekend. It's a medium to full coverage. It gives you a healthy glow without looking greasy. Make sure you use a good moisturizer before using this foundation so you have the smooth and velvet look. Best applied using your fingers. It also has many good natural ingredients: Green Tea, Chamomile, Ginkgo biloba.

This is the best foundation that I have tried: MAC, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Clinique, Bobby Brown, Laura Mericer, Chanel, Clarins, Prescriptive, Shisdeo, Lorac, Makeup Forever, Vincent Longo, Sue Devitt, Bare Esscentials, Laura Geller, Cargo, Giorgio Armani, and Christian Dior.

Remember the secret with this foundation is using a good moisturizer and apply the foundation right after you applied the moisturizer so the foundation will blend in smoothly.

This is the first foundation that does not make me break out. It took 19 years to find it. Love it! Since it covers so well, I only used this foundation on the weekend or special events.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2007 2:10:00 PM More reviews by maloafie

Hmmm im thinking that some of you gals may not be reading the packaging of the products that you are buying you crazy kids!!! Playsticks are your foundation concealer and powder all in one handy sized stick. It is therefore meant to be quite thick!!! it also contains some form of tea tree and other ingredients (cant remember exactly) that help any blemishes that you may have. as mentioned it is in stick form but as soon as the product touches the skin or is rubbed with a brush or fingertip, it starts to melt into a lovely creamy texture. It comes in a great range of colours, which is great as even though i have pale skin, it annoys me that some brands do not cater for darker skin tones, so i cannot imagine how you ladies feel!!!! although be sure to ask the assistants for a colour match if you are unsure, as they are arranged into colours by school game names, instead of, for exmple: ivory or beige.

they are really handy to carry around in your bag and do last for quite a while, depending on how much you use of course. but remember this stick does have the foundation concealer and foundation all in one stick so dont complain about the coverage if youve bought it- it is benefits maximum strength foundation!

It is £25, but for all it does and how long it lasts. its not that bad for a high quality item!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2007 9:13:00 AM More reviews by clairesewell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this as a foundation after having read many glowing reviews. I have quite red skin which is oily and easily irritated. I wanted something long lasting that would cover the redness and look natural.

I only used this as a foundation for a short while as I found that it did not give me the natural look I was hoping for. However, I have recently dug it out of my make-up bag again and found that it works wonders as a concealer. It covers really well and last. The trick is to apply it with a brush. I found applying it straight from the tube gave too much product and a sponge was tricky to use.

The packaging is also very convenient for carrying around. One small complaint is that the actual stick of foundation has become detatched from the bottom of the packaging and so needs to be handled carefully in case it falls out.

Bottom line - if you can get away with not wearing much make-up then it could be used as a foundation. If you need more (like me) then it makes a great concealer and can be used over most foundations for a natural long lasting look (which is great at covering redness).

One tip - the product is quite dense and so proper colour matching is a must. The Benefit girls are very helpful, but be sure to try it out in natural light to just to make sure!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this. I don't love it or hate it. I still use it, but not very often. It's good but not great. (Okay, I realize none of that helps.) Well, the good things are that it's a breeze to apply and blend, covers well and Paper Dolls matches my skintone perfectly. I don't *think* it breaks me out. It doesn't seem to oxidize later in the day, but it does need setting powder because it tends to turn shiny in my T-Zone really fast. That's also it's downside; even when powdered it doesn't seem to last very long. It's a few hours tops before it slides around my face in places, I rub it off or shine breaks through, which is odd because it's a fairly thick foundation, but very emollient at the same time (more so than the L'Oreal Quickstick I used to use). I keep it around for lazy days because it doesn't take up much space and use it when my skin is drier (during fall and winter) because that's when it seems to work the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Smacdonald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this stick foundation! A SA tried it on me when I got suckered in to sitting down at the BeneFit counter and I couldn't believe how soft and silky it went on. I used to use Becca's stick foundation (which I DO like only b/c of the SPF 30) and this one is SOOO much easier to apply, so much smoother. I love how it covers my freckles and sun spots and doesn't break me out. It feels like heaven when I apply it every morning! I think it is a great product and will definitely repurchase!