October 25, 2014 | 1711 users online

Foundations - BeneFit Cosmetics - Play Sticks Concealer, foundation and powder all-in-one!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2007 3:49:00 PM More reviews by cg277

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This makes me look flaky which other foundations don't. Also, I can't put it on without breaking out the next day if not that night. I recently ran out of my regular foundation and this was my only substitute, but at the end of that day I had already broken out! It's too thick, doesn't go smoothly onto your face, and feels gross. I usually love Benefit products, but this is the first time I've tried a foundation from them, and the last!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2007 8:11:00 PM More reviews by mrsmike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am almost finished with my 5th or 6th Play Stick. I love the color options - tea party is for me; the very easy to use and travel with container and the coverage. This is the perfect product to use to cover up spots or blend all over the face. The consistency is smooth and creamy but not thick yet it still provides excellent coverage.
If you are looking for a really simple morning routine but don't have perfect skin - try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by thuymy2

This stick foundation makes your skin looks flawless in person and in pictures. It's the perfect foundation for taking pictures or going out on the weekend. It's a medium to full coverage. It gives you a healthy glow without looking greasy. Make sure you use a good moisturizer before using this foundation so you have the smooth and velvet look. Best applied using your fingers. It also has many good natural ingredients: Green Tea, Chamomile, Ginkgo biloba.

This is the best foundation that I have tried: MAC, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Clinique, Bobby Brown, Laura Mericer, Chanel, Clarins, Prescriptive, Shisdeo, Lorac, Makeup Forever, Vincent Longo, Sue Devitt, Bare Esscentials, Laura Geller, Cargo, Giorgio Armani, and Christian Dior.

Remember the secret with this foundation is using a good moisturizer and apply the foundation right after you applied the moisturizer so the foundation will blend in smoothly.

This is the first foundation that does not make me break out. It took 19 years to find it. Love it! Since it covers so well, I only used this foundation on the weekend or special events.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2007 2:10:00 PM More reviews by maloafie

Hmmm im thinking that some of you gals may not be reading the packaging of the products that you are buying you crazy kids!!! Playsticks are your foundation concealer and powder all in one handy sized stick. It is therefore meant to be quite thick!!! it also contains some form of tea tree and other ingredients (cant remember exactly) that help any blemishes that you may have. as mentioned it is in stick form but as soon as the product touches the skin or is rubbed with a brush or fingertip, it starts to melt into a lovely creamy texture. It comes in a great range of colours, which is great as even though i have pale skin, it annoys me that some brands do not cater for darker skin tones, so i cannot imagine how you ladies feel!!!! although be sure to ask the assistants for a colour match if you are unsure, as they are arranged into colours by school game names, instead of, for exmple: ivory or beige.

they are really handy to carry around in your bag and do last for quite a while, depending on how much you use of course. but remember this stick does have the foundation concealer and foundation all in one stick so dont complain about the coverage if youve bought it- it is benefits maximum strength foundation!

It is £25, but for all it does and how long it lasts. its not that bad for a high quality item!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2007 9:13:00 AM More reviews by clairesewell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this as a foundation after having read many glowing reviews. I have quite red skin which is oily and easily irritated. I wanted something long lasting that would cover the redness and look natural.

I only used this as a foundation for a short while as I found that it did not give me the natural look I was hoping for. However, I have recently dug it out of my make-up bag again and found that it works wonders as a concealer. It covers really well and last. The trick is to apply it with a brush. I found applying it straight from the tube gave too much product and a sponge was tricky to use.

The packaging is also very convenient for carrying around. One small complaint is that the actual stick of foundation has become detatched from the bottom of the packaging and so needs to be handled carefully in case it falls out.

Bottom line - if you can get away with not wearing much make-up then it could be used as a foundation. If you need more (like me) then it makes a great concealer and can be used over most foundations for a natural long lasting look (which is great at covering redness).

One tip - the product is quite dense and so proper colour matching is a must. The Benefit girls are very helpful, but be sure to try it out in natural light to just to make sure!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2007 6:21:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about this. I don't love it or hate it. I still use it, but not very often. It's good but not great. (Okay, I realize none of that helps.) Well, the good things are that it's a breeze to apply and blend, covers well and Paper Dolls matches my skintone perfectly. I don't *think* it breaks me out. It doesn't seem to oxidize later in the day, but it does need setting powder because it tends to turn shiny in my T-Zone really fast. That's also it's downside; even when powdered it doesn't seem to last very long. It's a few hours tops before it slides around my face in places, I rub it off or shine breaks through, which is odd because it's a fairly thick foundation, but very emollient at the same time (more so than the L'Oreal Quickstick I used to use). I keep it around for lazy days because it doesn't take up much space and use it when my skin is drier (during fall and winter) because that's when it seems to work the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2007 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Smacdonald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this stick foundation! A SA tried it on me when I got suckered in to sitting down at the BeneFit counter and I couldn't believe how soft and silky it went on. I used to use Becca's stick foundation (which I DO like only b/c of the SPF 30) and this one is SOOO much easier to apply, so much smoother. I love how it covers my freckles and sun spots and doesn't break me out. It feels like heaven when I apply it every morning! I think it is a great product and will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by ldinfante

i love this product. it covers my freckles very well. as for the price, it IS expensive but if it can cover my freckles then its worth it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2007 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty awful foundation. I love stick foundations, and the shade I have, Hide 'N Seek, is a great match. However this stuff turned instantly greasy on my skin, and I have a feeling it breaks me out whenever I use it. Oh well, not like I expect much from BeneFit anyway....

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Ava_S

This is convenient but unfortunately I almost never use it! For me a nice liquid foundation is all I needed. beacuse of the stick form, it's kind of heavy and greasy, more like a concealer. I like a light foundation and a cover-it-all concealer. By the way, I have bought so many stick makeup, bobbi brown, arden,.. all very similar, not for someone who likes sheer foundations.