July 23, 2014 | 1574 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thick, cakey, yellow, unblendable disaster. This is a cheap & nasty product if ever there was one.

Update: To the reviewer above me, it may shock you that the people who have reviewed this product do in fact *gasp* know how to apply concealer. And yeah, we still found it to be a substandard product. But good for you trying to teach all these lost souls the art of concealing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by dustbowldance

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible product. Consistancy is like a candle, so hard to blend and looks thick and cakey. Will not be purchasing again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by juneyb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best product for covering blemishes. Doesn't change color or fade. Last long time, even with my oily skin. Fair/light works well for me in winter time. I have yellow and pink under tones. My go to product for concealer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by sunset8

I have the green one and I use it for my redness in my cheeks I got from acne. It does the job of taking the redness away, but it doesn't really do anything for my blemishes. I put this concealer after I put primer, before I put on my foundation. Then I use a separate concealer for the blemishes. Although this does not do its job of concealing, it does a pretty good job of taking the redness away. Just remember to use this product sparingly, a little goes a long way! The price is not bad either, and I haven't found a better color corrector thus far, so I'll keep buying this product for now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I have horrible under eye circles. This is just another drug store concealer added to the junk pile that doesn't work. After trying orange and pink corrector, I thought I'd give the yellow corrector a try. It does not correct anything and looks horrible along or with concealer on top. Just don't buy this unless you have nothing to cover.

5/8/12 update: I just retried this over another concealer. The yellow is great at highlighting my darker areas. I'd barely use any on top of my other concealer. I just wouldn't use this alone. So I'm switching my over all to a 3 'cause some people could love this alone.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by labellevie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry skin and should have known to stray away from a thick stick concealer like this...I expected it to be at least a little more blendable and creamy, but it wasn't. It was impossible to blend no matter how I applied it. The color selection wasn't great either. I literally ended up chucking this in the trash because I was soo frustrated with it. Save your money, buy something more blendable and a little more hygienic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by itscake4me

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer once on sale in Light Beige. I didn't have huge expectations for it, because normally concealers in a stick form like this don't work for me. I usually need something creamier that blends better.
This doesn't work well for me as a concealer alone. I almost pitched it, but kept it around because I always think I'll have use for things later on. And I did :)
I use this stuff as my "concealer base" and it works awesome. Sounds over the top, but basically I apply this before concealer. This is way to light for me, and it doesn't blend well, but when I apply my darker, creamier concealer over it, it covers much better and stays on a lot longer. Like an eye shadow primer, but for the blemishes. Works well for those horrible pimples that are hard to cover.
Also, I have used this as a eye shadow base for those times when I run out of actually shadow primer. Works pretty well, and really makes colors pop.
I would purchase this again just because I've found so many little uses for it. It's pretty inexpensive, I think I got mine for around $3.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by PepsiGirl4Life

This concealer is ok, not great. It has decent coverage, but I have to reapply it several times a day, which is annoying. I bought the shade Light Beige, which was a bit too light for my skin. Also, it has a tendency to get cakey and settle into fine lines. I probably won't repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I have had this for a while and stopped using it because I bought more expensive concealers. This am I used it because I noticed at the end of the day you could see the dark circles under my eyes. I started using it again and I'm in love. The trick is to used a tiny tiny bit. I just dabbed on under my eyes with the stick and patted it with my finger. After putting on my foundation, my eyes looked sooooo good. I have been battling under eye circles since I had my daughter 20 months ago. I have bought so many things and spent so much money it's crazy. I had the perfect concealer all along! This is a must have for me from now on!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I can't say I'm a fan of this concealer. I have this in 'Medium Beige' which isn't the perfect match for my natural skin tone as there were only three shades to choose from at the store I was at. I needed a cheap concealer as I accidently left mine at home when I was overseas so this seemed like a 'quick fix'. It didn't cover my dark circles at all, infact it only made them look worse. After an hour or so after I applied the concealer, I had these gray bags under my eyes. I'm not sure why, but it looked bad so I won't be using this again. The only thing that I do use this for now is for an eyeshadow base when my primer ran out as its quite thick so it does an okay job for that. Because it is a pretty thick concealer, blending was a pretty tough job especially around the eye area where the skin is so delicate so I wouldn't recommend using it there. Does an okay job in covering redness, but do be careful that you blend very well. I think from now on I'll stick to liquid concealers as I have better luck with them.