November 25, 2014 | 1863 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 7:30:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Not a bad concealer. I repurchased this once and will prob get it again. I do like the texture, it's not too creamy so it doesn't slide off, but it's still easy to apply. The only thing is that's it does fade after a few hours and by the end of a wok day its pretty much gone. I wouldn't use this for more heavy duty concealing or if I need something that will last for hours, but it's pretty good for a normal day or if you're heading out for a little.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by pinkgreenpurple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This concealer isn't awful- I'd give it a 2.5 if I could.
Pros:
1)Inexpensive
2)Covers redness well

Cons:
1) I had difficulty blending this. This was because the consistency was very thick and didn't spread easily.
2)The finish really isn't all that nice. It's not matte, but instead the finish is kind of...waxy? Also, if you use too much on anywhere that isn't your undereyes, it can look very masky.
3) Can cling to the dry spots on pimples or blemishes.
4)I also brought the wrong color. Light 1 is a tad too pale and pink toned for me- although my skin is fairly pale, I have yellow undertones. However, that was my fault and you can blend it out.
5) IT DIDN'T COVER UNDEREYE CIRCLES! I have undereye circles that make me look like a panda, an despite the thickness, it couldn't cover them. So overall, if you need to cover redness, this will work, but stay away if you have bad under eye circles. It will not work.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 4:14:00 PM More reviews by quelang

This is my third time to purchase this product! It works well. It does cover my blemish and it's easy to blend. The color matches my skin tone. I'm Asian. I bought a deep beige one. I do recommend it to others.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by SMG1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This really is a great concealer. I have used more liquid like concelears before but i didnt feel like they covered well. This has a thick waxy feel which covers awesome. I have some break outs that are very red and inflamed right now and once i put this over them you can't even tell they are there. I love the "lipstick" tube, i can take it with me anywhere and it makes application easy. This is just overall the very best concealer i have tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this years ago and liked it..don't remember why I stopped. I went to the store buy Maybelline's other concealer...the one with concealer on one end and highlighter on the other...happy with that one too. But, they didn't have it so I got this in Ivory. I mainly need concealer for my eyelids...they are so dark and most concealers don't cover enough. I don't want to plunk down money for Benefit's Lemon Aid so I bought this. It's cheap and does a great job. I have VERY oily skin and this is very creamy...so I use my finishing powder after. Very happy with the coverage...nothing negative to say.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by PrettyInPlaidChic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For reference, I use this for redness correction and blemish coverage, and this is a fair and reasonable product, taking into consideration baseline consumer factors such as DS brand, price-point, availablility and effectiveness. I have this in "Light" which applies and dries sheer and transluscent on my PPP complexion. While the stick formula may seem to be slightly outdated, and I have mild misgivings re bacterial contamination with covering active blemishes, this product isn't really that much of a let-down (and I've literally most likely tried the majority of concealers across many different formulations and presentations). It isn't what I'd call an overly sticky nor thick consistency, but that said, I wouldn't personally use it for concealing undereye circles. While there are possibly better concealers out there, this one definitely isn't all that bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by vegovy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this colour in medium beige after hearing good reviews about it (that, and it was on sale 20% off XD)

PROS:
- Lasts all day
- Creamy consistency
- Affordable

CONS:
- NOT suitable for undereye circles,
- Will set in fine lines
- Only comes in 2 shades (in Aus)

I'm always on the search for a good concealer, and this concealer is a cheap, affordable and easily available and will definitely cover most blemishes!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by aredore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best thing about this concealing stick is that it lasts quite literally, FOREVER. I used this concealer stick for years - it was my mothers concealer too and it was cheap and opaque - I used it to cover my acne and red spots.

Like others have said, it's thick and doesn't blend easily, but it's good if you need heavy coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like the packaging - like a lipstick - so it is convenient to carry and easy to apply. There is so much above the container that i haven't had to twist it up yet! And Light Beige is a good color match for my light neutral skin. It is quite opaque, so you only need to dab on a little. True, it is not as creamy and easy to blend as some other concealers, but i manage to blend it OK, since i don't cake it on. I only have a few sun spots to cover so this is adequate. I would prefer an easier to blend liquid or creme, but this gives good coverage and doesn't wear off quickly. It is inexpensive and easy to find in just about any large chain "drug store", so i would consider buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by TheBrokenShadowsOfMySoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its an okay concealer and very affordable. This is my 3rd repurchase of this product. My shade is Light Beige, Light 3. I use to cover my really really bad dark circles and it does cover them wonderfully. Its great for touchups during the day cuz it so small that you can carry it anywhere. It doesnt crease into fine lines under the eyes. My complains are that it doesnt stay without touchups, and that my mascara melts into it so i always have black mascara spots under my eyes -.- But that might be because my lashes are very very long that they touch my skin. I always return to this because its cheap and I like it.