Maybelline Cover Stick

3.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Talc, Propylparaben, Polybutene, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green)

on 12/4/2011 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have both green and yellow. Yellow is for undereye circles and green is for redness. If I could give a review to both, I would give the yellow a four and the green a two.

When I have redness on my face (usually just zits) they are a very angry red, and it clashes quite a bit with my pale skin. I do not find that the green concealer helps. It is a HORRIBLE concealer for zits because no matter how carefully you apply or blend, it will still get caught in the edges and just look horrible like pimples tend to look when you put makeup on them, only they're green as well. Not helpful at all. I'm guessing if you had natural redness, like rosacea, it would do you some good, but I can't say for certain.

I like the yellow and use it every now and then, but it's definitely not my go-to. It's waxy but with a little TLC it'll blend well. It's not perfect for covering up underye circles, but it helps.

I wouldn't recommend it but if you are new to makeup the yellow might be worth trying.

on 11/15/2011 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

overall this is a great concealer. its not sticky or cakey. it blends easy and covers great!

on 11/15/2011 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The actual product isn't too bad. I don't mind it actually. But what makes this product not so great is the packaging! It's horrible. I hate it. I wish they would bring back their old concealers! Anyway, if you use your fingers to apply it, it does cover dark under eye circles and redness fairly well but not as good as others I've tried :(

on 11/9/2011 11:05:00 PM

This is a very creamy concealer, I don't find it too thick at all! I bought it in Ivory (light 2) and its a very light yellow based color. Im nc5-nc15 and it blends very well into my skin. I use this to cover red areas around my nose and under eye circles, then I swipe some powder over my face instead of foundation and it works very well! It doesnt sink into lines or pores and it doesnt dry out my skin at all. I will keep using and buying :)

on 11/6/2011 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been using this for years! Don't know why the so so reviews here. This is an excellent product! Covers dark spots and undereye circles completely. It leaves a matte finish and completely blends away any marks. It's cheap and it does an amazing job. Much better than the other high end concealers out there including Dermablend which did not cover as well! I use the yellow shade. Amazing. Love it! Please Maybelline don't ever discontinue. This is the only concealer i like and i've used it for the past 10 years!!! LOVE IT! Although i must say, please stop raising the price. I remember when this cost $1.99. It's now upwards ofr $5+....

on 11/3/2011 9:38:00 PM

I have horrible blueish dark circles and this is the best concealer that i have found that covers them without looking cakey. I use a concealer brush and go over it with a wet sponge and set with a powder. No creasing, stays all day, very pigmented and looks natural. Amazing on spots too. Would not recommend for overall face use though because it is quite thick. Definitely one of my favorite products in my makeup collection :)

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

this concealer is terrible, its thick, cakey, hard to blend, AND looks like you took clay and smeared it all over your undereye area, i dont know why people like this concealer. its the worst out there i think and i do NOT reccommend it !!!!!!

FINALLY!! My HG concealer! :] instantly brightens up my entire face,never realized how badly I needed a great concealer. Triumphs all previous brands that I've tried. Pulls everything together,the perfect staple.

PROS:
-Thick
-Very blendable
-Staying power
-#1 concealer in America supposedly
-Covers seamlessly
-Packaging looks like a lipstick,very convenient.

CONS:
-Didn't know of this sooner!

on 10/1/2011 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Not a bad concealer. I repurchased this once and will prob get it again. I do like the texture, it's not too creamy so it doesn't slide off, but it's still easy to apply. The only thing is that's it does fade after a few hours and by the end of a wok day its pretty much gone. I wouldn't use this for more heavy duty concealing or if I need something that will last for hours, but it's pretty good for a normal day or if you're heading out for a little.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This concealer isn't awful- I'd give it a 2.5 if I could.
Pros:
1)Inexpensive
2)Covers redness well

Cons:
1) I had difficulty blending this. This was because the consistency was very thick and didn't spread easily.
2)The finish really isn't all that nice. It's not matte, but instead the finish is kind of...waxy? Also, if you use too much on anywhere that isn't your undereyes, it can look very masky.
3) Can cling to the dry spots on pimples or blemishes.
4)I also brought the wrong color. Light 1 is a tad too pale and pink toned for me- although my skin is fairly pale, I have yellow undertones. However, that was my fault and you can blend it out.
5) IT DIDN'T COVER UNDEREYE CIRCLES! I have undereye circles that make me look like a panda, an despite the thickness, it couldn't cover them. So overall, if you need to cover redness, this will work, but stay away if you have bad under eye circles. It will not work.