October 21, 2014 | 1988 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by aredore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The best thing about this concealing stick is that it lasts quite literally, FOREVER. I used this concealer stick for years - it was my mothers concealer too and it was cheap and opaque - I used it to cover my acne and red spots.

Like others have said, it's thick and doesn't blend easily, but it's good if you need heavy coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like the packaging - like a lipstick - so it is convenient to carry and easy to apply. There is so much above the container that i haven't had to twist it up yet! And Light Beige is a good color match for my light neutral skin. It is quite opaque, so you only need to dab on a little. True, it is not as creamy and easy to blend as some other concealers, but i manage to blend it OK, since i don't cake it on. I only have a few sun spots to cover so this is adequate. I would prefer an easier to blend liquid or creme, but this gives good coverage and doesn't wear off quickly. It is inexpensive and easy to find in just about any large chain "drug store", so i would consider buying it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2011 8:46:00 PM More reviews by TheBrokenShadowsOfMySoul

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its an okay concealer and very affordable. This is my 3rd repurchase of this product. My shade is Light Beige, Light 3. I use to cover my really really bad dark circles and it does cover them wonderfully. Its great for touchups during the day cuz it so small that you can carry it anywhere. It doesnt crease into fine lines under the eyes. My complains are that it doesnt stay without touchups, and that my mascara melts into it so i always have black mascara spots under my eyes -.- But that might be because my lashes are very very long that they touch my skin. I always return to this because its cheap and I like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by pokerface757

OK so I have fair, oily skin this does give good covereage under my eyes but it is very cakey, & it grabs alot. I guess you get what you pay for.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by rachel5788

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very good concealer but it has some problems. I have super dark undereye circles and it covered them well. However, its thick and not easy to blend. Also, I hate the lipstick type packaging. I used my ring finger to dab it and blend into my under eyes and soon the stick broke. So its just awkward and annoying. It fades a little too throughout the day, but it pretty much does its job. It was like 5 dollars but I got it like 2 months ago and I already used half (I use it every day). I feel like I can get more product for the money with other concealers. Overall though, this is OK.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by ChanphengHeartsMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Too thick for dark circles,hard to blend,i prefer to use this as some kind of eyeshadow primer.Cap also comes off from time to time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by BBrazilian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok girls, I think a makeup lesson is needed here. The best way to apply this concealer is with a damp sea sponge. Apply the concealer similar to drawing with a crayon on your skin around the eyes (gently). Then you get a sea sponge and wring it until it is just slightly damp. Blend concealer until you a lovely smooth effect. If you are concealing on the cheeks, I usually apply in the same manner and then dab and blend with my finger or a concealer brush to get the desired result. It also helps to first apply moisturiser before using this particular concealer as it is definitely one of the drier ones.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thick, cakey, yellow, unblendable disaster. This is a cheap & nasty product if ever there was one.

Update: To the reviewer above me, it may shock you that the people who have reviewed this product do in fact *gasp* know how to apply concealer. And yeah, we still found it to be a substandard product. But good for you trying to teach all these lost souls the art of concealing.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by dustbowldance

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Horrible product. Consistancy is like a candle, so hard to blend and looks thick and cakey. Will not be purchasing again :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 12:15:00 AM More reviews by juneyb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best product for covering blemishes. Doesn't change color or fade. Last long time, even with my oily skin. Fair/light works well for me in winter time. I have yellow and pink under tones. My go to product for concealer.