April 19, 2014 | 1717 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I have had this for a while and stopped using it because I bought more expensive concealers. This am I used it because I noticed at the end of the day you could see the dark circles under my eyes. I started using it again and I'm in love. The trick is to used a tiny tiny bit. I just dabbed on under my eyes with the stick and patted it with my finger. After putting on my foundation, my eyes looked sooooo good. I have been battling under eye circles since I had my daughter 20 months ago. I have bought so many things and spent so much money it's crazy. I had the perfect concealer all along! This is a must have for me from now on!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I can't say I'm a fan of this concealer. I have this in 'Medium Beige' which isn't the perfect match for my natural skin tone as there were only three shades to choose from at the store I was at. I needed a cheap concealer as I accidently left mine at home when I was overseas so this seemed like a 'quick fix'. It didn't cover my dark circles at all, infact it only made them look worse. After an hour or so after I applied the concealer, I had these gray bags under my eyes. I'm not sure why, but it looked bad so I won't be using this again. The only thing that I do use this for now is for an eyeshadow base when my primer ran out as its quite thick so it does an okay job for that. Because it is a pretty thick concealer, blending was a pretty tough job especially around the eye area where the skin is so delicate so I wouldn't recommend using it there. Does an okay job in covering redness, but do be careful that you blend very well. I think from now on I'll stick to liquid concealers as I have better luck with them.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by lilmz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

probably one of the worse concealers for unereye circles i have ever used. i got the yellow undereye concelaer & it's so chalky/cakey & doesn't blend @ all. i don't have dry skin [combination normal] , light/light medium [around a nc 25] & it gave me dry looking racoon eyes.

maybe if you prep with a tonne of primer/moisteriser & immediately mix this in, otherwise i'd stay away if you have undereye circles - get somehting creamier, and it doesn't have to be so yellow as this, peachy undertones is alos flattering for concealing the darkness of your circles.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by xoYaNniiox

I did not like it. Well, i suppose it would work well but it didn't for me. I had the cover stick corrector in Yellow for my BAD dark circles. I don't have particularly dry skin but i do have a few fine lines under my eyes. it seemed okay at first then i checked my face again by the end of the school day under natural lighting, BOY MY SKIN LOOKED TERRIBLE. it looked like it was flaking but it actually wasn't -.- will not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is definitely cheap but I wasn't necessarily satisfied with it. It was OK in my under eye circles but it seemed like it made my skin flaky while trying to apply it. It looked to cakey and fake for my skin. I'm most likely not purchasing this again but it's decent for it's price I guess.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 10:32:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I'm reviewing the product that appears when you click on the review, in the lipstick shaped container. The one in the first pic in a tube, is a products I've never seen nor tried. I'm also reviewing this product as a facial concealer for areas of redness etc, not for the under eye area (have never tried it there). This works very well as a "spot" concealer. I swipe off a tiny amount then use that with a fine tipped brush to apply exactly where I need it. Once set with a powder its not going anywhere for a good long while. When applied with a fine brush the results are very, very natural. Those two reasons are why I have been using this for close to a year now.

I have a lot of concealers, including Dermablend which I used to hide various spots/discolorations, since college. The formula changed a few years ago and its now very creamy, sounds good but "very creamy" concealers do not stay where you put them, even with setting powders, in my opinion. Even when just concealing something minor, to take the time to apply cover-up, then look in the mirror and see those "flaws" again short time later, is very frustrating.

I hesitated to buy this because its so basic, a ds concealer in a lipstick shape, hello 1980?! But then I wanted something else that was water proof to replace Dermablend. The board here actually told me to try this. I had used it in H.S, thought very poorly of any ds lipstick shaped concealers simply because there are so many new formulations now, new brands. How good could this work when there have been so many advancements in makeup?

For me the answer is very well. I initially used the yellow, which is a pale, creamy, more a skin tone color than a primary yellow (as some yellows are), shade. I had a lot of red then, this covered that very well and looked natural. Now I use the medium, I also have the fair. The medium is a great ds find because many concealers are so light, even though I'm very fair, spot applying is obvious if you have used bronzer or self tanner at all.

I need to use so little that the stick has lasted me all this time and so much left. Again I have no idea how this looks under the eyes. I must add that my skin is so sensitive I am just recovering from a horrible allergic reaction to new sunglasses (yes, you heard me!). So much irritates my skin and sends me back to zero when I think my skin is finally "healed" from the last horror and finally looking clear, smooth again. This however, never causes me a bit of irritation. I'm currently using Graftobian foundation which leaves me with little to cover since it does that so well, but I still reach for this daily to cover one thing or another. A good work horse, alternative to higher priced, water resistant concealer, that looks natural when used sparingly to cover up redness/blemishes/discolorations.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a couple tattoos that not everyone likes, especially when I model, so I needed something to cover them.

I tried everything in Sephora, Macy's, MAC, and finally decided to try something cheaper.

It was the only thing that covered in just a few strokes of the product. The only problem was removing it. It does take a long time to remove from my skin, but at least it works!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jonie_k

Cheap & great for touch-ups - I keep one at my desk.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2010 4:34:00 AM More reviews by jeckaa

Good for hiding blemishes.
Little tricky until you get use to applying.
Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/22/2010 5:14:00 PM More reviews by obviously

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is okey. It covers pretty good. I could probably find a concealer that covers even more but the reasons i keep coming back to this are that it's cheap and it lasts for a long time!