July 25, 2014 | 1265 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by lucygirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Until recently, I used this stuff for years. I thought it was a great deal for my "sensitive eyes." Gets makeup off quickly. But my eyes were still sensitive, often bloodshot.

Then, after a lovely Lancome MUA told me my eyelids are incredibly dry--SO dry that the kohl pencil she used on my lid actually dragged--I had an epiphany. I went home, checked the ingredients, and there was the culprit: ALCOHOL. Fortunately, I'd bought Lancome Effacil Gentle Eye Makeup Remover. Used that at night and the next morning, and my eyes were immediately much better. Within a few days, all excessive dryness gone.

Long story short, if your eyes are sensitive, don't use this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Bolinha

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I usually like all things Neutrogena, and this stuff does a good job of dissolving my waterproof mascara and eyeliner, but after using it for a while, I also noticed it dried out my eye area, giving me gross little white flakes. Discovered regular old olive oil works just fine, and doesn't dry out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by blackattire

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use make-up removing clothes to clean my eyes but it's often not enough to deal with my eyeliner and mascara. That's where this stuff comes in- it's like magic!

It removes tough eyeliner and mascara like nothing. My only warning is that if you're using it to help touch your make-up up (for example thinning an eyeliner line) to be careful. This remover is very powerful and a bit watery so it can smudge onto make-up you want on.

The formula actually has two layers (so it looks similar to oil and water, but this remover is oil-free) and is supposed to be used after being shaken (so says the back of the bottle).

My suggestion is to pour a little into the cap or other small cup. I personally use Q-tips to touch up make-up so I only use a little bit at a time. As for actually removing make-up, I add a little bit of this solution to my removing wipes and it works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by tan612

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

really it is very good. I've been using it for 7 years.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2012 3:06:00 PM More reviews by annababe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought cause it's in P. Begoun's list. It feels soft, my waterproof mascasa goes off with one wipe,
but...
reading the ingredients, I am worry about the benzyl alcohol.

Alcohol on you eyelids should be no good, right?

Anyone can tell me more on this?
Thanks

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by vicksy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I seem to have fairly sensitive skin, especially around my eyes. This stuff is so irritating. It feels oily and leaves my eyes all flaky and raw. It also takes a couple swipes to get the makeup off.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by paslarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product. Perfect for my acne prone skin, it takes all the makeup off without causing blemishes or pimples. I'm finishing my second bottle !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2012 10:57:00 AM More reviews by CRutt

I love Lacomes Bi Facil, but it is pricy and I decided to try a drugstore brand instead. The Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover (oil free) was a pretty good dupe. I needed to really moisten my cotton pad (not ball, more like a cotton square), but it did remove my water proof mascara and all other eye makeup. It leaves behind a little residue, so I just wet my eye area with a face cloth afterwards. Its a decent alternative to the pricier stuff. I like that it's non irritating and lasts at least one month.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by tangerine6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know that this is a popular product and is a favorite of beauty bloggers and makeup mavens alike, but Iím not really enjoying this product so much. For its claim to be oil-free, it feels greasy as hell. Iíd take out my eye makeup with this and it leaves an oily residue even after I rinse with water. My Lancome Bi-Facil contains oil, but that does not feel greasy AT ALL the way this does.

The good thing about this remover though is it doesnít sting so itís gentle on the eyes and it still performs pretty well as a makeup remover. Iím just bothered by its greasiness especially since it claims to be ďoil-free.Ē That said, I will definitely save up for the Lancome Bi-Facil or find another alternative and will not repurchase this after I finish the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by curlyhairchick369

it took a while for my eyelids to adjust to this. at first they felt really greasy, but after continued usage of this product they stopped feeling greasy. it does take off makeup really fast. but its definitely not oil free!