LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 7/20/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This mask. Oh, this mask. I've had an obsession with LUSH since I was 14, and I've been buying products here and there for several years. (I even go to the store in Tokyo near my grandma's apartment when I'm there.) This Cupcake mask is one item I keep going back to. I don't have the kind of funds or time to be regularly using the LUSH masks, but when I feel like treating myself, I get a small tub of Cupcake. The smell is absolutely HEAVENLY. It's a true chocolate scent with minty undertones. The consistency is just right; it's not liquid-y and it's not chunky. It feels like heavy mousse. Straight from the fridge, it feels nice and cool on your skin. As for the after effects, the wonderful smell lingers and my skin feels super soft. Unfortunately, Cupcake isn't a miracle worker and I've never noticed a huge improvement in my skin after use. But I don't use it to treat acne or other problems, because I fortunately have my skin under control with my skin regime. I do think it reduces the oil on my face after use, though. I love and use Cupcake because it really is a nice treat to have once in a while, it smells DELICIOUS, and I think it does have a positive (enough) effect on my skin. For a mask that will REALLY save your skin, help fight blemishes and oil, get Indian Healing Clay powder and Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar (both available at Whole Foods or any health food store). No where NEAR as good-smelling as Cupcake, but it's SO MUCH CHEAPER and very effective.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This product didn't really do much for my skin. My skin felt clean after washing it off, so I guess it helped remove some oil. But, I also think it dried my skin out a little bit. It didn't do anything to combat acne or help even out my skin tone or texture. Also, this product smelled nice at first, but when I took it home and applied it I realized that underneath the chocolate was a sort of weird musty smell. It didn't make my skin smell funny, but it also wasn't enjoyable to wear for 10 minutes. I would recommend the I Love Lettuce mask instead-it's much better.

on 6/13/2010 11:58:00 AM

I really wanted to love this one! :( Unfortunately after trying it three times I realized it was increasing my acne and making my pimples painful red lumps rather than my normal acne. It smelled wonderful and the idea was delicious but I would never buy this one again! :(

on 5/27/2010 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I was nervouse because I have very very oily and acne skin. I really like this mask though! Even though there is almond oil and shea butter in it, I didn't notice any new break-outs. My face was soft, yet matte when I rinsed it off. Plus, if you use it before you leave the house for the day, your face smells like chocolate all day! Instant de-stressor. I will buy again.

on 5/15/2010 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is love in a jar. Like all Lush fresh masks, it's very expensive and you have to use it up within a couple of weeks (lasts for maybe 3-4 uses depending on the amount you use), but it does absolute wonders, at least for my sensitive, oily and acne prone skin. It visibly clears my acne up immediately after and for a couple of days after using it. That, along with the divine scent of minty brownies (that lasts long after you've washed it off!) makes it worth it to spoil yourself with this little treasure every once in a while! Your skin and nose will thank you. A warning though, you will be craving chocolate for as long as the smell lingers, which can be days, haha!

on 5/13/2010 9:56:00 AM

I really like this product! I have typical teenage skin: combination, spot-prone with fairly large pores on my nose. I have purchased this mask a few times, and will continue to do so. Why? I love the smell of this product, the best smelling lush face mask by far in my opinion! I also find that this mask works well as it doesnt leave my skin feeling dry, however it balances out the oils in my t-zone and leaves my skin soft with a nice glow. The only thing I dont particularly like about the product is the mess it makes when taking it off! I always get bits of the mask everywhere which can be a bit of a hassle but other than that, really nice product. :)

on 4/17/2010 12:47:00 AM

I must admit i like this one more because it smells yummy. But also i think it Gives you a glow. but its alright....

on 4/10/2010 12:54:00 PM

I'm not sure about this one. This is my first lush face mask and I will be trying others because this one wasn't my favorite. Yes, it made my skin softer, but didn't do much for my skin, just the softness. It didn't get rid of my acne or anything. I'm really excited to try other masks though and I'm happy I can bring back 5 of the black pots to get a free mask so it wasn't a total waste :)

on 3/15/2010 12:05:00 AM

This was okay. It was my first LUSH product so I didn't know what to expect, but hearing the raves about it everywhere I decided to try out this product and it was just meh. I didn't even finish the small container because I never felt like I needed to.. it didn't appeal to me much. The smell to me isn't that much like chocolate, it's weird. I could have gotten a lot of uses out of it.. I don't know how people are saying 3-4 uses but I didn't finish my container regardless and it expired.

I would probably not repurchase again. I feel like it did nothing for my face.

on 3/11/2010 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a small pot, but you get about 3-4 uses, more if you apply less.
Overall I found it ok, but not the best. Here is my pro/con list

Pro:
- smells great - chocolate with orange and mint, very nice,you want to eat it not use it as a face mask
- my skin felt pretty nice afterwards in terms of softness
- has fresh ingredients and less preservatives (hence you have to refrigerate it and it expries in about 3 weeks since it is made)
- I love the little black pots it comes in and that you can collect them and return them for a full mask

Con
- you have to refrigerate it, so you kind of have to plan your LUSH shopping trip, because once you buy it it has to go in the fridge within 4 hours or so...so you couldn't buy it in the morning and have a whole day of school/work with no fridge around
- didn't do much for my skin, except made it a little softer, which any mask will do, I did not see any improvement in pores or skin tone
- applying and taking it off can be a demanding task - it is very thick and can be very hard and time consuming to get off once it dries a little, also messy too
- did nothing for the few pimples I had. I have very mild acne, a pimple here and there, nothing major, but after using the mask for 3 weeks, I did not notice a change at all.

Overall I did not hate this mask, but I don't think i would buy it again. I would try other LUSH masks though, because I love masks and LUSH.

Popular Masks