August 27, 2014 | 997 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Bungi654

This product is awesome for oily skin no matter what age. I have the oiliest skin in the world. I combine this with dark angels and J & J baby lotion on my face and its a masterpiece. My face is soft and oil free : ) I dont even wear powder anymore

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So I don't know if I have perfect timing or the Lush ladies love me, but this is the 3rd Fresh Face mask I have had given to me for free, and it still had 2 and a half weeks of life left! It is also fantastic, and the only one I have been excited about to the extent that I had to review it (the others I received were Love Lettuce and Crash Course in skincare- these were nice, but did nothing wonderful or terrible enough to want to review). The mask itself smells of chocolate, mint, and maybe grass and comes in the Lush style black pot. It has a very thick and creamy consistency, with a bit of texture from the rhassoul mud in it. It smooths on nicely onto a damp face. Takes about 15 minutes to dry, and removes quite easily for me. I have used this three times now, and it does not break me out at all, as I was sure it would because cocoa butter is quite a heavy moisturizer. What it does do is soothe my irritated, winter beaten face. I shoveled snow for 4 hours yesterday, and had such a raw feeling face. I couldn't wait to get this on it, and when I was done with my little facial, my skin was balanced and happy again. I will be actually purchasing this one in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by wws1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Lush is a bit hit or miss for me, but this is the one product I keep coming back for. I've been using it for years and it seems they've dropped the price recently? I have acne-prone combination skin and this is perfect for decongesting and brightening up my skin. I even use it as a spot treatment on existing zits and find that the clay in it dries up acne quickly. I agree with other posters who have said it's a lot of product to use up within the expiration date - I've been freezing it and thawing out what I need. I'm still looking into whether this is safe or if the addition of something like Optiphen would make it safer? For less than $6.00, this is a great product at any rate.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by courtneycaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mask is delightful! I love the smell... like chocolate cake batter! It is perfect for an all-over mask for oily or combination skin and also as a spot treatment for blemishes. My only complaint is that because you have to chill these masks to keep them fresh, the cold mask would close pores when applying on skin... not great when using as a decongestant. I try to warm it the best I can betwenn my fingers before applying. It will leave your pores clean and tight. Excellent for controlling oil throughout the day. Buy it. You'll love it. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by rainybaby

at first when i used it, it didnt really feel like it was doing much~ and the sales told me to use it once or twice a week~ where you get 4, 5 uses out of the pot, but i found i can get like, 15-20 uses... so i really dont get how people can finish the pot so quickly, cause it lasts foreeevvverrrr O_O (provided it doesnt expire of course...)
i use it 2 days in a row, and i stop for one day~ and after about the first week, it started working. i dont have severe acne, but i do get a few zits at times (especially now, since its summer)
after the first week (i dunno why nothing really happened the first week haha) like, if there's an emerging pimple or something (small) it'll be gone the next day~ and my skin was really soft and a lot less oily.
definitely definitely love <3 <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2010 3:02:00 PM More reviews by starrynight1

Excellent face mask. All natural ingredients with a light scent (sandalwood and chocolate). This product actually works. Seriously, this actually works. I have somewhat oily acne prone skin and I bought this product to help my skin recover from a serious bout of cystic acne due to a reaction from a mineral makeup foundation. After the first application, I immediately noticed a difference. My skin was brighter and the irritated cystic breakouts on my face were soothed. My skin was also very soft. This mask contains rhassoul mud as a main ingredient, which I believe it a good natural treatment for acne. To help calm my skin, I used this mask everyday for a few days. My breakouts have been diminished and my skin is soft and smooth. I would defintely recommend this product for those with oily, acne prone skin. You'll notice a difference defintely.
A note: this product must be kept in the refrigerator and has an expiration date of two-three weeks after purchase. It has all natural ingredients so use it up by the time it expires (don't learn the hard way like I did).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by shanstuff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm done with LUSH at this point. This is the second time they have led me astray, and I'm not going back for more. The first time, the SA assured me that Dark Angels would be a perfect scrub for my normal skin, and I ended up with a raw, red, hot, irritated face that needed a soothing, hydrating mask to calm it down and balance it out just to keep a major catastrophe from occurring.

This time, I went in and VERY specifically told the SA that I have NORMAL skin but was looking for a GENTLE purifying mask for my skin type...just something that would brighten me up and handle a few minor blackheads on my nose. For whatever reason, she suggested Cupcake (which I later found out is marketed to acne-prone teenagers) and gave me a sample.

The first problem I had was with the application. Cupcake is a great name for this stuff...it has the color, smell, and texture of thick cupcake batter. It's difficult to work with, and is hard to spread across the face, and you're forced to spread it in a thick layer, even though the directions suggest you use a thin layer. I've used a lot of masks, so I know what I'm doing...this mask is NOT easy to work!

Secondly, it is mildly irritating. I have normal, very fair skin, but I'm not excessively sensitive. My skin is accustomed to daily exfoliation and glycolic acid and has no problem with either, so my feeling is that Cupcake probably has a few irritating ingredients...possibly the essential oils in it. The Rhassoul clay also sucks literally all the moisture and oils out of your skin, leaving it tight and bone-dry on removal.

Which brings us to removal. Ahhhhh, removal. That was a chore. I felt like I was scrubbing chunks of cake batter into my face. It took forever for the mask to thin out and emulsify enough to rinse off with warm water (the recommended removal method). Once I finally got it all off my face, I used a toner, and there was still quite a bit of brown residue coming off on the cotton pad. The mask does NOT rinse clean.

My face did feel soft and smooth at first (probably from the serious scrubbing it got when I had to remove the darn thing), but it didn't last for long. My sample had exactly 2 weeks until expiration, so if I had bought the full size, I would have had to apply this mask 2-3x/week just to finish it before it expired. I probably would have either thrown some away or tried to use it all and ended up with my skin all dried-out and irritated from overuse.

NOT impressed with this product, or any of the facial skincare I've tried from LUSH. I'm giving up on them at this point and sticking to my more tried-and-true lines, especially Repechage, which is relatively unknown but has done wonders for my skin in a very short time. Nice knowing you, LUSH...you're a fun line, but the party's over for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a wonderful mask for all kinds of skin types! I LOVE the scent..it's like this minty chocolate smelling cupcake! I almost wanna eat it :D I apply this mask to a cleansed face and leave it be for like 10 minutes. I usually apply a rather generous amount, it feels better that way. It's very easy to wash off in the shower with warm water... I'm always so amazed how soft my skin feels after using this! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2009 1:21:00 AM More reviews by TheAscension

Fantastic, really. I loooove the sandalwood smell in it. It smells halfway like a cupcake, and halfway herbal. Kinda like a vegan cupcake, haha.
This made my skin really, really smooth, and washed away the breakout that was thinking about making an appearance. Also, it brightened my skin. I wish they put more in a pot though. It's small as it is, and it was only 3/4th full. It wasn't horrifically expensive at $5.00, and I can get at least 3 comfortable uses out of it. As long as I'm near a LUSH store, and this keeps working like it has so far, I'm going to keep buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by emmit643

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this mask!

It makes my skin feel really nice after I use it. And it smells simply heavenly!!

Wish you got a bit more for the price, but at my Lush the sales folk are really nice, and they've given my free full sizes twice now! :)