April 16, 2014 | 973 users online

Treatments - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I loved this product for the first two tubes, however now I am on my third I am finding more and more faults with this moisturiser. Firstly let me start by mentioning all the great stuff I found out about it. It sinks into skin fast with no greasiness, and even reduced my blemishes to some degree. It protected my skin (SPF 15) in the harsh Florida sun so well that my face is now so much paler than the rest of my body. This moisturiser can be found at grocery stores and drugstores everywhere and it is reasonably priced. It has reduced my fine lines a little - which is primarily what I bought it for. Unfortunately it has started drying out my skin a little and leaving me with some flaky patches. My fine facial lines. although reduced, now don't seem to be changing at all. If I apply too much of this before make up, then my foundation seems to flake off my face. One final consideration - Paula Begoun reviewed this product and she said that it didn't contain any UVA protection which is essential for preventing wrinkles. Perhaps my skin has become used to this moisturiser so I need to switch to something else in order to see results. I would consider buying this again as it is a great basic product, but I would have to wear a better sunscreen underneath it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2007 10:07:00 AM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have used almost the entire tube now since buying it. I would not buy it again. I was primarily using it as a moisturizer, but it does not work for that. I hate the metal tube. I do not have any wrinkles save for about a very fine line near the bottom of the corner of one lip and this did nothing for that. Average product in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2007 4:32:00 AM More reviews by lindsayalexander

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Maybe this is premature - I've only been using now for 3 days. However, if I were to throw it away and never use it again, my skin is in better condition today than it has been in at least 5 years.

I definitely give it a 5 rating... I am careful with my skin and have a nice complexion, but in the last year notice fine lines around my eyes - probably from squinting and dry skin. With three days of using this I notice the lines are smoother and my skin doesn't look rough anymore... I don't love the scent - it's kind of medicinal - I thought it would be drying... but it isn't. Somehow I manage to feel hydrated after using it. It tingles a bit at first, but nothing unexpected with a retinol product and I like that I can feel it working. After a minute, the tingle goes away and my face feels cool. I've been using it in the morning and evening with great results. I will update after one month.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2006 11:46:00 PM More reviews by emeraldsky2009

I'm too young to have wrinkles, but I use this lotion as a moisturizer because I read that retinol helps prevent blemishes. Supposedly, retinol is a cousin of retinoid, a prescription acne medication. Retinol increases cell turnover, which is why it fights wrinkles. I can't speak for the wrinkle-fighting powers, but this is the best facial moisturizer I've ever used. It speeds healing time if I have a popped blemish on my face (I know, bad me). It's oil-free, too, and doesn't clog my pores. The only thing is that when you fold the metal tube to get the last of it out, the tube cracks and lotion leaks out when you squeeze it. Overall, a great product, though, if a little expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2006 11:17:00 AM More reviews by ScottishLass

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic product. I have used this cream for over six years now and will continue to use it, probably forever!

I have NO crows feet or fine lines around my eyes or mouth that many of us 35+ gals have. My skin is practically flawless with no brown discoloration or freckles and I'm very fair. Keep in mind though, that I have ALSO been using a 50+ sunblock on my face and throat for over 20 years, with amazing results.

I highly recommend this cream for anyone 30 or older. It really is fabulous
and is non-irritating to my sensitive skin.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2006 5:59:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I keep going back to this after trying other moisturizers so there must be a reason. I use the SPF 30 untinted version, and I love it. It's not greasy looking or feeling (so I can wear it by itself on no-makeup days), sinks in quickly, makes a great base for my makeup, and does seem to make my skin look and feel smoother. I've used moisturizers since I was 16 and stay out of the sun so I can't speak for the anti-wrinkle part just yet, but it definitely isn't hurting any :) Worth the price and for me, Neutrogena is one of the most consistently reliable drugstore lines around IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by nancyrd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best products on the market. It makes skin feel soft, smooth and hydrated. I have been using it once a day for the past 4 months and it has never irritated or broken out my sensitive skin. Using this in conjunction with the Advanced Solutions has actually erased most of the fine lines on my face. I get compliments all the time on how beautiful my skin is and I am 60 years old. I am very pleased to have found this wonderful product. My skin had suddenly reacted to all the Clinique products that had been a staple in my skin care routine for the past 34 years. My face looked dry and lined and elasticity had greatly decreased. What a difference using the two Neutrogena products has made. I will never look 30 again but I think about 10 years has been taken off my appearance. Thanks for reading.

22 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by llshaffer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an average anti-wrinkle cream. I have used it at night for over 2 months. Like the intensive anti-wrinkle eye cream, it seems to ward off new fine lines but doesn't do much to reduce existing ones. I have never found an impressive Neutrogena product. I probably won't repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2006 6:03:00 PM More reviews by uplate6674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about a month. From the beginning, my skin felt soft, supple, and blemish-free. I have psoriasis and allergies, and this never bothered my skin - no redness, flaking, or irritation. Some of my freckles seem to be fading, and while it hasn't been long enough to tell if my fine lines are going away, I'm quite hopeful. There's no scent whatsover and you only need a pea-sized drop so a tube lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2006 7:31:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is wonderful. I was using Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion w/spf 15, but sometimes that would get too irritating and cause quite a bit of greasiness by mid-day or so. Not this one. The texture is like whip cream and once applied, my skin just soaks it up. I bought the spf 15 version for day use and have had no problems with it breaking me out, or causing greasiness, also knowing that it helps prevent wrinkles is a big plus. Although I'm only 27 and don't have any wrinkles, it's always better to start early, then try to reverse later when you get older.