Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 7/10/2008 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

One of the ONLY make up products that I own that I currently LIKE (besides my lip products)!! The box it comes in has sophisticated flowers and the packaging is really wonderful. The sponge included in the powder kit is really easy to use but one tip on the application - don't PAT the powder, use the sponge and BRUSH the powder onto the face. Patting this pressed powder won't get enough product to get rid of the shine on your face!

I don't care if there are $5 pressed powders - this one works GREAT on my tan, oily skin and the packaging it comes in always makes me smile. :D

EDIT: Changed from 5 to 1 lippies. This didn't control my shine well after a month of using. How disappointing - I think I need loose powders to control the oil in my t-zone.

on 7/7/2008 10:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Packaging:
It comes in a green compact, plain and simple. It might be too bulky to stuff into a pant pocket, but I simply toss it into my purse. That's fine with me.
I'd prefer if they had a separate compartment for the sponge just to keep the sponge and powder cleaner (I lost the plastic cover that separated the powder and the sponge).

Powder:
It's not smooth/soft (thus, it's a bit grainy). That's ok because I don't think it's meant for coverage (as a foundation). I put too much on once and it looked cakey/fake/overly-matte/like discoloured flour, so just pat a bit and the oil on your face absorbs fine.
The mattifying effect doesn't last too long (like most/all pressed powders). I reapply 4~5 times a day (also consider that I work in a hot environment as a chef). It only takes 5 seconds for me to use on my t-zone (it's that convenient and easy to use).
Doesn't make me break out like some drugstore brands.
Truthfully, I haven't exactly bought any other department store brand powder so I can't compare the quality. However, it was one of the cheapest so I went ahead and bought it.

I think it was $20~30 Canadian. I bought it a while ago so I don't remember.

on 7/6/2008 8:44:00 PM

I really love this powder. I wear LM Mineral Powder and wanted something to carry with me to work for occasional touch ups. I apply with a small brush and get a beautiful finish - not cakey or heavy at all. Since I hit my 40's I get strange hormonal breakouts occasionally and this powder never seems to bother my skin - just keeps everything flawless looking. I tried MAC Blotting Powder but did not like the chalky matte finish - looked very artificial. I also like to dust this on over moisturizer on the weekends when I'm not wearing a lot of makeup - gives a great finish even on it's own.

on 6/27/2008 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is not very good if you have oily skin because it only controls oil and shine for a couple of hours. I get tired of reapplying the powder. And for the price, you could buy a cheap drugstore powder and get the same effect.

on 6/20/2008 3:11:00 PM

This powder feels very chalky to me. I'm using MAC blot powder now, which is finer and sheerer. I also don't like the applicator sponge.

on 6/11/2008 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been using this in Stay Honey since last August. I LOVE this powder. It matches my skin tone PERFECTLY and it's very light and doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup but covers up and evens my skin. Very natural looking. Lasts pretty long! Will continue to buy forever, unless discontinued. (Hope not!)

on 5/29/2008 7:03:00 PM

This just doesn't do it for me........it somewhat control oils........but my face looks really dark after applying this and the powder isn't finely milled enough.......i dun think i'll be keeping it........

on 5/23/2008 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am surprised to see that quite a lot of people like this powder.
No such luck for me!
It was all but sheer. Created a horrible cakey mess on my face and turned a weird brown on me by mid afternoon (I have very fair skin). I was stubborn enough and thought that maybe it was because I applied too much using the sponge and started using a brush. Did not help!
Eventually it clogged pores on my nose and broke me out. I was planning to bin it but my little son was quicker and threw the powder case against the wall :-) Thank you, son, for saving my time! :-)
By the way it did nothing to help me get rid of the shine in my t-zone. It even made it shine more!
I'll never buy this powder again!

on 5/20/2008 1:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I use this in invisible matte 101 and it is great! Very mattifying yet colorless. I wish they would take the box blossoms/greenery design it comes in and add it to the compact. Love the loose powder in Transparency 3 too.

UPDATE: I find that this does not keep shine away for more than 15 minutes. Also, the compact seems small. The puff is always getting closed in the compact so that it is left partially hanging out. I will look for something with longer wear.

on 5/17/2008 6:24:00 PM

My current HG pressed powder. It's not powdery / cakey like MAC blot powder (which was my prev HG but it clogged my pores and looked unnatural in day light). This powder is slightly tinted but not heavy like foundation powders. A sweep on my t-zone with a dense brush (i love BE soft focus brush) and it controls my oil and lightly even out my skin tone for a few hours. I'm extremely oily and prone to acne. This powder is great for oily skin! The packaging rocks too with a huge mirror. My skin color is light medium asian, i use Stay Neutral and it's perfect. I can probably go one shade lighter or darker and wouldn't have a problem cus its so sheer.