July 25, 2014 | 1519 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2008 10:52:00 PM More reviews by bebravebekind

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is not very good if you have oily skin because it only controls oil and shine for a couple of hours. I get tired of reapplying the powder. And for the price, you could buy a cheap drugstore powder and get the same effect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by DaniellePaul

This powder feels very chalky to me. I'm using MAC blot powder now, which is finer and sheerer. I also don't like the applicator sponge.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2008 4:26:00 AM More reviews by peacegiraffe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this in Stay Honey since last August. I LOVE this powder. It matches my skin tone PERFECTLY and it's very light and doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup but covers up and evens my skin. Very natural looking. Lasts pretty long! Will continue to buy forever, unless discontinued. (Hope not!)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

This just doesn't do it for me........it somewhat control oils........but my face looks really dark after applying this and the powder isn't finely milled enough.......i dun think i'll be keeping it........

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2008 2:10:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I am surprised to see that quite a lot of people like this powder.
No such luck for me!
It was all but sheer. Created a horrible cakey mess on my face and turned a weird brown on me by mid afternoon (I have very fair skin). I was stubborn enough and thought that maybe it was because I applied too much using the sponge and started using a brush. Did not help!
Eventually it clogged pores on my nose and broke me out. I was planning to bin it but my little son was quicker and threw the powder case against the wall :-) Thank you, son, for saving my time! :-)
By the way it did nothing to help me get rid of the shine in my t-zone. It even made it shine more!
I'll never buy this powder again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Nickylily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this in invisible matte 101 and it is great! Very mattifying yet colorless. I wish they would take the box blossoms/greenery design it comes in and add it to the compact. Love the loose powder in Transparency 3 too.

UPDATE: I find that this does not keep shine away for more than 15 minutes. Also, the compact seems small. The puff is always getting closed in the compact so that it is left partially hanging out. I will look for something with longer wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2008 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

My current HG pressed powder. It's not powdery / cakey like MAC blot powder (which was my prev HG but it clogged my pores and looked unnatural in day light). This powder is slightly tinted but not heavy like foundation powders. A sweep on my t-zone with a dense brush (i love BE soft focus brush) and it controls my oil and lightly even out my skin tone for a few hours. I'm extremely oily and prone to acne. This powder is great for oily skin! The packaging rocks too with a huge mirror. My skin color is light medium asian, i use Stay Neutral and it's perfect. I can probably go one shade lighter or darker and wouldn't have a problem cus its so sheer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

it had a good coverage. but the lady that gave me my color options gave me the wrong color, so after 2 years or more of using this i found out how ridiculous i looked. thanks for nothing clinique consultants. ;( so i give this 3 lippies. i would buy this again if they would actually help me find the right color !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Meglet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just bought this in Stay Buff. I told the CL I wanted something to carry in my purse just for touching up throughout the day, since I use liquid foundation in the morning (these days either L'Oreal Infallible or Maybelline Mineral Power). She kind of half-heartedly directed me to this (she wasn't very motivated to help me in general) and she didn't even bother to test any of the shades on me, but I was there, and it was Bonus time, so I chose Stay Buff by myself, which was risky considering how very fair I am and how very clueless I can be about shades. My husband was off in the men's department, so I was pretty much on my own. But I really wanted the bonus gift and am NEVER at department stores, so I had to seize the moment.

I put it on as soon as I got in the car but couldn't really see how it looked since it as night. I had forgotten all about it, actually, until we made our next stop, Target. As we were walking around I suddenly remembered and asked my husband how it looked. Now, he doesn't really like my makeup habits, thinks I wear too much, and never says anything other than "You look fine", but this time he was really happy with it! He says it made me look "less made-up" and that he liked the way it looked on me.

I looked in a mirror in the home section and my skin looked lovely! It definitely got rid of the shine, and the color was a PERFECT match, which meant either I had great luck or I am getting better at recognizing the right shades for me (thanks MUA!)

The powder has a nice silky feel, no fragrance, and a sheer finish that truly is perfect for mid-day touch-ups. My only complaint is that the compact is rather large, taking up too much space in my purse. And yet I just complained recently that Besame's pressed powder compacts were too small! Well, I'll take too big over too small, because at least it's very easy to apply and has a GREAT mirror.

The price was just right, I'd say, for a product I like and use every day. And I definitely use this every day, multiple times a day, just because I love it so much! There's nothing like touching up your makeup and putting on some lipgloss to give you a little re-charge, with zero calories!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by sweetiegracie

absolutely best powder i've used hands down. keeps my skin matte and very natural looking.